Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Taintrunner posted:

this is the face of a man in shock as Derek Smart enters the courtroom ready to testify in front of the Grand Space Jury

actually its this.

or this

or both

catte tax

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

So a producer from CIG got hired away by CSE for Camelot Unchained (and CSE just landed a big investment.) Can’t tell who the new hire is, though.

Interesting, they don't have many US based producers, I can only think of Jake Ross in Austin. Even the producers in the UK like to keep a very low profile, the UK SQ42 producer even went on a year long, around the world holiday.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Yeah uhm no, that's not how that works. All these interrogatories are what determine the fate of the MtD, whether or not the case has merits, goes to trial etc. As long as Skadden keeps FKKS on the ropes, we're going to trial. That's the whole drat point. :D

Just remember who called it. :grin:

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/954270653187854336

Below old stats page for the F8 Lightning from 2013/2014 before they removed it from the RSI page compared to the Super Hornet, the best space fighter you can pay to win with.

:gary:

Ship Sale.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The tracker is like manna from heaven. It not only lets the faithful survive but, dollar by dollar, it nourishes their spirit. More importantly, It is proof of *his* power, proof that can be used against the infidels.

There is no way they are removing it without replacing it with an alternative (much more opaque) funding counter.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:five:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Selling the F8 Lightning is one of my old signs of the end times, an absolute top tier sale that would beat absolutely anything else including the previous sale recorder holder the Vanguard bomber.

Also I've said before that when things start to get really bad I bet Sandi Gardiner bails, as she's got no interest in pc games and the kind of attention she'd get as part of a failing project isn't the type of normal attention I believe she'd want. One week missing from ATV likely just means she's on location filming something, or appearing in some theatre somewhere, but if this continues....

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/954270653187854336

Below old stats page for the F8 Lightning from 2013/2014 before they removed it from the RSI page compared to the Super Hornet, the best space fighter you can pay to win with.

Ship Sale.

Those stats are all bullshit. They have zero gameplay value.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

Those stats are all bullshit. They have zero gameplay value.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Someone please photoshop chris face as the game master and remove everything from the table tia.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

Someone please photoshop chris face as the game master and remove everything from the table tia.

Please add some extra large vape pads and lego spaceships.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this is the reason why VR is retarded in Star Citizen

https://www.facebook.com/simpittech/videos/1564037473681609/

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

good dog!

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

AP posted:

Please add some extra large vape pads and lego spaceships.

Could we have an empty big sized chair for Ben ?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

no_recall posted:

You joke, but my friends and me never have anything besides some papers on the table when playing d&d style games. Unsurprisingly, it makes the fantasy game 1000% better if you don't have to shuffle lovely figurines around constantly on a table and just imagine all the insane poo poo going on in your head instead. It's like reading a book vs. watching a puppet play of said book.

It's why star citizen is so successful, after all, because nothing is real so you can imagine anything.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

wrong wig day at the office

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSFU3EkGmBw&t=328s

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

big nipples big life posted:

calling a disbar has to be the most specific call ever, neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=34mNW4YSJhw

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

AP posted:

The best fighter is powered by RAMP. It crushes the competition.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/anguslivingston/status/954165077061419008

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/954130265869348864

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CheckersRallys/status/954113430558035970

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SamuraiSanosuke/status/954105401351507968

https://twitter.com/coconat94/status/954092753192824832

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219944928?t=01h39m52s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219944928?t=01h48m58s

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219944928?t=02h17m30s

AP fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 19, 2018

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Lladre posted:

Calling it that Skadden do not release anything tomorrow since they read this thread and hate humor as much as Derek hates brevity.

Maybe they don’t hate dead and gay?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
As for someone who has been lurking this thread off and on, what does FUD and GLA mean? I see those gets throw around a lot here lately.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I'd just like to give a shout out to all the members of Foundry 42 that will be hitting :f5: on the thread today.

Stick two pens in a mug on your desk during the next ATV video production taking place on your floor to say hi.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

GyverMac posted:

As for someone who has been lurking this thread off and on, what does FUD and GLA mean? I see those gets throw around a lot here lately.

Fear Uncertainty and Doubt (a term used by Citizens to dismiss anything troubling about their $5,000 space fleet investment)

Global License Agreement (The original contract signed between Crytek and CIG about using the Cryengine)

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Preen Dog posted:

Respectfully disagree. I know it's crazy to say they wouldn't sell something, but hear me out. A big mech would require some programming changes to get them to move and balance right. Also, they would have collision problems with an object that big that animates (ceilings not tall enough, etc).

PlayerSkin = ArcherMechNotATimberWolfHonest;
PlayerScale *= 10;

Checkmate Goonie... :agesilaus:

Codezombie fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 19, 2018

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Preen Dog posted:

Respectfully disagree. I know it's crazy to say they wouldn't sell something, but hear me out. A big mech would require some programming changes to get them to move and balance right. Also, they would have collision problems with an object that big that animates (ceilings not tall enough, etc).

I argue that new sales concepts will fit two opposed categories:

1. P2W advantages that require very little artist hours and no additional coding. These includes new versions of existing ships/vehicles, new ships/vehicles (only small ones), and new weapons or abilities (the EMP is overpowered on purpose. Buy an Optane). The small mech suit is acceptable because it could use the same animation system as a player character, and it's only marginally bigger than a player. It also fills an empty P2W niche. Are goons griefing you in first person combat? Buy a mech suit.

2. Any piece of content or a coded feature that is so vague, ambitious or impractical that it can be pushed back indefinitely. For example, persistent 1 universe land claiming (they will never achieve the persistence), base building (same), a playable Javelin or Merchantman (man hours and technical problems), Starliner mechanics, science mechanics. Backers will understand if these things get delayed, because they are so ambitious and have unfulfilled prerequisites. CiG can sell it, then not actually work on it.

A battlemech is kinda possible but kinda not. They'd have to devote man hours to it, and it will just end up broken, like the hoverbikes. I think they'll avoid it.

I want this too, but I don't think it will happen. CiG sold about as many Idrises as they can reasonably expect to. They have the money. There's no reason to finish it.

You're giving them too much credit.

They don't actually think about how any of this is going to work. They put out a concept design jpg, the citizens buy literally nothing then CIG spend years trying to build whatever they promised.

There is no plan.

EDIT: They might make an in-editor rigidbody for a mech to supplement whatever sale but it sure as poo poo wont work with anything else.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

boviscopophobic posted:

I wonder if the leaderboards are bugged somehow, because the latest usage numbers are disastrous.

Star Marine average concurrent users: 9.8
Arena Commander average concurrent users: 7.8
Murray Cup average concurrent users: 2.5

Total for all EA modes: 20.0

That is lower than the end of 2.6.3 while 3.0 was in PTU, and represents a roughly 50% drop from the numbers at the start of 3.0 live.

This report covers the 6 days from Jan 13 to Jan 19.

Makes sense after reading this:

Maybe stats will improve with 3.1. Bwahahaha

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Interesting, they don't have many US based producers, I can only think of Jake Ross in Austin. Even the producers in the UK like to keep a very low profile, the UK SQ42 producer even went on a year long, around the world holiday.

I guess Eric Davis used to be a Senior Producer. He was promoted to Director of the LA Studio last summer, I guess. Sometime between May and August.

Others here may have realized that already. My eyes are bad and I guess I missed the title change on an embarrassing number of Burndowns.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Remember when Lando accidently leaked loads of secret stuff?

The F8 Lightning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_kjRjAoCA

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

Why don't you grow some balls and toxx for once? Remember that the last time you called Derek out (about who was representing CIG) he rubbed it all over your face.

Maybe you didn't notice but the defense firm was called in thread by a goon days before Derek called it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

Selling the F8 Lightning is one of my old signs of the end times, an absolute top tier sale that would beat absolutely anything else including the previous sale recorder holder the Vanguard bomber.

Also I've said before that when things start to get really bad I bet Sandi Gardiner bails, as she's got no interest in pc games and the kind of attention she'd get as part of a failing project isn't the type of normal attention I believe she'd want. One week missing from ATV likely just means she's on location filming something, or appearing in some theatre somewhere, but if this continues....

It was a slight surprise not to see her get Producer credit on the recent ATV. She was getting it as recently as December 14th.

It’s probably too early to wonder if she started Operation: Gardiner’s Bugout! after the Crytek lawsuit was public. Being such an all-important Co-Founder of the company, she’s got a lot more exposure, a lot more to lose.

But you’re probably right. She’s probably just off shooting more material destined for another figurative cutting room floor, then heading on yet another one of those #dontcallitavacation outings with cast mates...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

no_recall posted:

Consolation prizes sent out. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.

Still waiting to send out the top 2. 2Weeks.

e: OK, if Skadden delivers today, and its ELE Material,

Placements:
First Prize: Baxta
Second Prize: Crisp Roberts.

I sent out the prizes for 3/4th place cause I'm drunk af.

The code I received had already been redeemed by someone else :v:

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

no_recall posted:

Consolation prizes sent out. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS.

Still waiting to send out the top 2. 2Weeks.

e: OK, if Skadden delivers today, and its ELE Material,

Placements:
First Prize: Baxta
Second Prize: Crisp Roberts.

I sent out the prizes for 3/4th place cause I'm drunk af.

I still feel like we all lost :D

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

AP posted:

I'd just like to give a shout out to all the members of Foundry 42 that will be hitting :f5: on the thread today.

Stick two pens in a mug on your desk during the next ATV video production taking place on your floor to say hi.

In case of emergency, use sticky notes to communicate. Don’t worry, we’ll find it.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

Why don't you grow some balls and toxx for once? Remember that the last time you called Derek out (about who was representing CIG) he rubbed it all over your face.

Easy to call something when it's already plastered all over pacer.

I'm up way too drat early for a Friday. = (

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Easy to call something when it's already plastered all over pacer.

I'm up way too drat early for a Friday. = (
Sandi yell at you to get in so you can belt out an ironclad response to Crytek's response to your response?