Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Did that thing that Derek was talking about happen yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Super Troopers 2 is going to release before Star Citizen.

Im loving dead.

now that's something I can get behind of.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Easy to call something when it's already plastered all over pacer.

I'm up way too drat early for a Friday. = (

You still challenged him, and he still owned you. Maybe you shouldn't do that when stuff is already plastered all over the place?

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Makes sense after reading this:

Maybe stats will improve with 3.1. Bwahahaha

Meanwhile over in Elite land their seeing some of their highest concurrent player numbers since the game launched. And having watched their videos about this "Beyond: Chapter 1" I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the pivot they've made since getting a new producer on Elite. These were the type of new features and expansion in game play players had been asking for since the game's release and what was expected years ago. It doesn't fix all the problems the game has, and I'm sure not everyone is happy, but overall there are a lot of things I've seen that I like.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Easy to call something when it's already plastered all over pacer.

I'm up way too drat early for a Friday. = (

You are, man.

Did you make any calls about today’s proceedings? I missed them if you did.

Derek’s obviously gone full Harold Camping with his. I assume the MoMA take is more muted? You can describe it using Nothingburger metaphors if you want. “Today’s filings are just sesame seeds on the bun of...”

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
How some people are going to be reading this thread today.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

G0RF posted:

You can describe it using Nothingburger metaphors if you want. “Today’s filings are just sesame seeds on the bun of...”

Lettuce.

Nothingburgers use lettuce as a 'bun', exclusively. For maximum Nothingness.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

A CIG nothingburger starts with a generous helping of relish. Then they get on to breeding cows to produce the beef to make the burgers. Once that is all done, they start building a farm to grow and harvest the wheat they need for the.....

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Xaerael posted:

A CIG nothingburger starts with a generous helping of relish. Then they get on to breeding cows to produce the beef to make the burgers. Once that is all done, they start building a farm to grow and harvest the wheat they need for the.....

no, they start by asking you for money

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wrong again. Starts with wavy hands.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Daztek posted:

no, they start by asking you for money

They will start by showing a concept video supplied by the patty company.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

JACKED TO THE TITS about legal documents today

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Selling the F8 Lightning is one of my old signs of the end times, an absolute top tier sale that would beat absolutely anything else including the previous sale recorder holder the Vanguard bomber.

Also I've said before that when things start to get really bad I bet Sandi Gardiner bails, as she's got no interest in pc games and the kind of attention she'd get as part of a failing project isn't the type of normal attention I believe she'd want. One week missing from ATV likely just means she's on location filming something, or appearing in some theatre somewhere, but if this continues....

They're 100% going to sell the F8 Lightning, or at least some kind of access to it. "What proof have you?" I can hear you screaming at the top of your lungs. Well, it's elementary, my dear goon:

Any time CIG implies they're not going to sell something, they almost immediately end up selling it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

They get someone else to make a video about the burger and then they screw them over.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ben Lesnick, Burger Developer

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ben Lesnick, Burger Developer

Sandi's Master's thesis is titled "Hamburger restaurants"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

trucutru posted:

Sandi's Master's thesis is titled "Hamburger restaurants"

She's also famous for her bespoke Hamburger wrapper designs

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Already rubbing in anticipation of the huge load of creamy legal goodness about to splash us all in the face.

Current status: Rubbed but no disbarring happening yet so slightly disappointed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

you go to bite into it and the patty clips through the bun then spazzes out half stuck in the ceiling, suddenly you find yourself getting out of bed again.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Meanwhile over in Elite land their seeing some of their highest concurrent player numbers since the game launched. And having watched their videos about this "Beyond: Chapter 1" I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the pivot they've made since getting a new producer on Elite. These were the type of new features and expansion in game play players had been asking for since the game's release and what was expected years ago. It doesn't fix all the problems the game has, and I'm sure not everyone is happy, but overall there are a lot of things I've seen that I like.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

They're 100% going to sell the F8 Lightning, or at least some kind of access to it. "What proof have you?" I can hear you screaming at the top of your lungs. Well, it's elementary, my dear goon:

Any time CIG implies they're not going to sell something, they almost immediately end up selling it.

I think they'll end up selling the F9 Lightning or F8 Lightning Black or something like that. IT'll be almost the same but slightly better, conceptually at least, than the F8 in every way.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ben Lesnick, Burger Devourer
Fixed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Golli posted:

She's also famous for her bespoke Hamburger wrapper designs

You pay for two patties and they give you one.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Colostomy Bag posted:

You pay for two patties and they give you one.

And they discover after they’ve cooked it it’s way too big to fit between the buns so it gets sent back to the kitchen and they start over. Every. drat. Time.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Aramoro posted:

I think they'll end up selling the F9 Lightning or F8 Lightning Black or something like that. IT'll be almost the same but slightly better, conceptually at least, than the F8 in every way.

Nah. The F8 Lightning is already the biggest baddest, most lusted-for space fighter in Star Citizen canon. They'll sell it first, then nerf it continue embracing powercreep to chase nerdbux and start talking about something even better, something so good the UEE Navy hasn't and won't authorize it for resale to Civilians - thus starting the cycle anew.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

I do too. I also liked the design of the ship with the whole Event Horizon/Dead Space feel going on at the time.

Supposedly a darker sequel has been written but it is stuffed in a desk drawer somewhere and will probably never see the light of day due to Disney and Star Wars.

Also Disney took a bit of a flyer on the Black Hole with regard to the professor being trapped inside Maximillian's body and the intrepid crew doing a 2001 into the titular black hole. Contemporaneous me remembered thinking 'So, did they win?'. I think it's one of the reasons that they shuffle their feet when people talk about it.

It was literally one of the many attempts to capture the Star Wars lightning in a bottle that fell flat.

G0RF posted:

This is going to revolutionize the way she doesn’t play games.

The K95 is a bit heavier with better lighting, but to be frankly honest I'm not feeling the tactile feedback love and I'm actually a programmer. And I love the Apple keyboards.

I'll leave my card at the door, shall I?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

G0RF posted:

And they discover after they’ve cooked it it’s way too big to fit between the buns so it gets sent back to the kitchen and they start over. Every. drat. Time.

With another client alongside you claiming it will be the best meal ever made and frantically fills the tip jar.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

I wonder how Matlock would have handled all this hot space court action.

In about an hour with commercial breaks, and NO HISPANICS.

Tokamak posted:

I'm calling it, that I will continue not to give a poo poo about the contents of the court filings until we get to the judgement.

Bet you peeked.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Shame most of those players are on private group and solo mode.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

JACKED TO THE TITS about legal documents today

I like the cut of your jibberish

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/952209335777742849
:wtchris:

:chloe:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

Also Disney took a bit of a flyer on the Black Hole with regard to the professor being trapped inside Maximillian's body and the intrepid crew doing a 2001 into the titular black hole. Contemporaneous me remembered thinking 'So, did they win?'. I think it's one of the reasons that they shuffle their feet when people talk about it.

It was literally one of the many attempts to capture the Star Wars lightning in a bottle that fell flat.

Oh sure. But like you said Maximilian was cool. Any robot that has an arm with a blender attachment that can mix a margarita and disembowel Norman Bates deserves credit.

As for the Star Wars effect for the time, 'Damnation Alley'. What a great campy movie.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress me, I used the wrong spreadsheet.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Did that thing that Derek was talking about happen yet?

Yes. And No.

Colostomy Bag posted:

As for the Star Wars effect for the time, 'Damnation Alley'. What a great campy movie.

I actually really liked 'Ice Pirates' (Some boobs), 'Space Hunter' (You nearly see a boob!) and 'Battle Beyond the Stars' (The spaceship had boobs!).

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 19, 2018

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Preen Dog posted:

I have one of these. Don't use it because I get seasick. Besides, it's an embarrassing display of conspicuous consumption that overshadows my enlightened qualities.

I put a mortar in the well deck to shell the coast. Unfortunately, I don't get to see the people I kill but feel good doing God's work. Making the world a better place.

Siphoning surplus value and spending it to modify social structures to funnel more unearned value my way, killing or imprisoning all that oppose.

The yacht can transport up to 140 scu of deskeletonized adults or compact children.

The electrified leads transform your cargo into an orchestral chorus.

Reinforcement is applied to quiet or out of pitch singers.

it's really their fault for being so uncooperative.

Now lets look at what's on the menu.

I'm having the castrotti

Served by the guy

with no legs

or head.

Nice boat. I named her, the 'Javelin'.

:starecorn:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

I actually really liked 'Ice Pirates' (Some boobs), 'Space Hunter' (You nearly see a boob!) and 'Battle Beyond the Stars' (The spaceship had boobs!).

Heh, forgot about Ice Pirates and the kung-fu fighting roberts. Your thoughts on 'Saturn 3'?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Colostomy Bag posted:

Wrong again. Starts with wavy hands.

Wavy hands powers the whole process, from start to ele.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

good title

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Truga posted:

You joke, but my friends and me never have anything besides some papers on the table when playing d&d style games. Unsurprisingly, it makes the fantasy game 1000% better if you don't have to shuffle lovely figurines around constantly on a table and just imagine all the insane poo poo going on in your head instead. It's like reading a book vs. watching a puppet play of said book.

It's why star citizen is so successful, after all, because nothing is real so you can imagine anything.

But but but how will my monk's clearly superior 60ft/round movement speed be realized if we're doing it all in our heads? I can't just think that he's very fast! I need to see it, represented by squares!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag posted:

Oh sure. But like you said Maximilian was cool. Any robot that has an arm with a blender attachment that can mix a margarita and disembowel Norman Bates deserves credit.

I used to drive by a place that had The Ark parked in its lot when I was a kid. Was pretty disappoint once I finally saw the movie it was made for but the vehicle was rad as heck

e: this thing, which is apparently called Landmaster, not The Ark

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 19, 2018