Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I hear Ricky Stenhouse is available as a consolation prize, Feels Villeneuve.

wicka posted:

Lmao, is this really saying she didn’t approach them until late December? What the gently caress was she doing before that?

Waiting for all the sponsors and teams to crawl over each other for her services, I'm guessing.

I'm surprised she went back with GoDaddy- didn't they screw her pretty hard after they ended her sponsorship in Cup over not following through with a personal services contract or something to that effect?

e- Apparently, she's only willing to accept a ride in which she thinks she has a chance to win. That's going to have to be ECR on the Indy side, right?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Yeah, ECR makes sense.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

harperdc posted:

PYF IndyCar paint schemes, 1980s to pre-Nigel era

And I don't view Danica as dangerous, but I also don't view her as any real threat to be competitive. She hasn't been in any Indycar since 2011, never in a DW12. The new aero kit is probably her best hope at a slightly more level playing field but nearly everyone else in the field will have months to years of experience with the DW12 that she won't.

I'm not surprised at ICS jumping in to help, either. The series definitely wants her in from publicity alone, but team owners aren't going to be as keen on her without some serious money.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/MarioAndretti/status/953719888794800128

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Envisioning Mario saying "badassery" to himself is pretty much the highlight of my day.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

And I don't view Danica as dangerous, but I also don't view her as any real threat to be competitive. She hasn't been in any Indycar since 2011, never in a DW12. The new aero kit is probably her best hope at a slightly more level playing field but nearly everyone else in the field will have months to years of experience with the DW12 that she won't.

how much experience will any team/driver have at Indy with the kits though? If she comes back in May, that'll be when most people are getting their first exposure to it as well, no?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I would think it would be closer to the 2012-2014 DW12 with the original kit, which made more of its downforce from the undercar than above.

And obviously experience isn't everything - look at Alonso. But Danica is no Alonso.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CBJSprague24 posted:

I hear Ricky Stenhouse is available as a consolation prize, Feels Villeneuve.

Waiting for all the sponsors and teams to crawl over each other for her services, I'm guessing.

I'm surprised she went back with GoDaddy- didn't they screw her pretty hard after they ended her sponsorship in Cup over not following through with a personal services contract or something to that effect?

e- Apparently, she's only willing to accept a ride in which she thinks she has a chance to win. That's going to have to be ECR on the Indy side, right?

Its funny seeing this discussion here, apparently a goon over in The Football Funhouse went to High School with her and has lingering resentment from it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Flikken posted:

Its funny seeing this discussion here, apparently a goon over in The Football Funhouse went to High School with her and has lingering resentment from it.

Because she stepped on his dick, or because she wouldn’t step on his dick, or like what?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Pirate Radar posted:

Because she stepped on his dick, or because she wouldn’t step on his dick, or like what?

Because she acted entitled in high school and then ended up successfulish.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Flikken posted:

Because she acted entitled in high school and then ended up successfulish.

Never would have guessed that coming from an attractive teenage girl :rolleyes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

KingShibby posted:

Apparently getting boned by Aaron Rodgers :barf:

KingShibby posted:

Never would have guessed that coming from an attractive teenage girl :rolleyes:

Your posting is extremely weird.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Your posting is extremely weird.

Apparently so, I just want the season to start so I can talk about actual racing and not this bullshit sideshow. Phoenix test can't come soon enough

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

KingShibby posted:

Apparently so, I just want the season to start so I can talk about actual racing and not this bullshit sideshow. Phoenix test can't come soon enough

I want it to be the green flag for the Coke 600 so we don't have to hear about the sideshow anymore.

Be prepared to hear lots about "#SideHustle", because that's apparently what she's calling basically everything she's going to do once her racing career is over. :shepicide:

Flikken posted:

Because she acted entitled

I don't know how much you've followed, but this has been much of her career going way back to 2005. She was a huge narcissist the first few years; there was an interview at one point which Mark Miles' recent quote reminded me of- it basically said "Janet Guthrie and the women who came before me were nice, but it's all about me now".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 19, 2018

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Honda and Chevy have mutually agreed to limit development on the current engines (2018 was gonna be a big spending r&d year in the cycle), to start looking towards an all new design and potential more builders in 2020. The parameters for the 2020 engine are apparently already done, and the slogan? FAST AND LOUD:

Jay Frye posted:

"We hope to have some sort of news on this early in the year," Frye said. "And we are in agreement that the power piece is what's next in the equation. Everybody wants more power, so that's what we're working on giving our fans with this plan. 'Fast and loud,' brother, that's the thing we're going for."

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/146847-indycar-engine-development-agreement-new-formula-coming

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

As long as we don't end up with 4.0L V8s again, I like where this is headed.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

Be prepared to hear lots about "#SideHustle", because that's apparently what she's calling basically everything she's going to do once her racing career is over. :shepicide:

Who knows, maybe Danica and Marco can get their #SideHustle on by driving for Uber :iceburn:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

KingShibby posted:

Who knows, maybe Danica and Marco can get their #SideHustle on by driving for Uber :iceburn:

The difference is Danica would turn it into a YouTube series and sell advertising space on her car and Marco would...wreck or get his passengers lost or something.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Thinking of Danica Patrick as a Chicago Uber driver with her temper is loving lol.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Minto Took posted:

Thinking of Danica Patrick as a Chicago Uber driver with her temper is loving lol.

If she carried the paranoia about people picking on her she's had from time to time in racing into Uber driving, she'd get arrested for kicking some innocent 75 year old's rear end who cut her off in traffic on her second day.

Or "That drat 18 year old just changes lanes too hard and you can't change lanes too hard."

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Probably still bluffing, but Sergio talking about Alfa in IndyCar again:

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/146856-marchionne-comment-renews-indycar-third-manufacturer-speculation

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Not gonna lie, Marshall Pruett is notorious for publishing rumors and speculation as news. Anything for clicks so take what MP says with a grain of salt

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Well yeah, thats why we love Marshall. Hes right way more than he is wrong, and he is always clear to list stuff as rumors. I want to hear that stuff.

And to be fair, Sergio said these quotes himself.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I hope the 2.2L V6 is retained.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Safe to assume the series is still too broke to allow turbo I4s along with the twin turbo V6s?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Minto Took posted:

Safe to assume the series is still too broke to allow turbo I4s along with the twin turbo V6s?

I don't think you will see a mixed spec cause of performance balancing concerns from the manufacturers themselves, honestly. IndyCar does mild BOP, but a full blown IMSA/PWC style balance would be bad news probably. The meltdowns would be incredible.

If i had to guess, I imagine V6 and V8, turbo and non-turbo, are probably on the table. Dunno about I4 turbo, but maybe! They want more power with similar to current cost constraints, and displacement will solve that pretty well.

If its 2.65l V8 twin-turbos, I will laugh forever.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cygni posted:

If its 2.65l V8 twin-turbos

Be still, my beating heart.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

With alllll the boost.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

2.4L V8s and let everyone bring their old F1 engines.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

The original proposal for the current formula allowed I4s with larger displacement than the V6es, (don't remember the exact number) but it was dropped because there weren't any manufacturers interested in making one and they didn't want to complicate the chassis to allow for a package no one was going to use.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Turbo V6s are fine, but letting them boost those things to the high heavens would be awesome. Everything to continue along the Rick Mears “less downforce, more power, let the drivers figure it out” train of thought.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

4-rotor naturally aspirated with 10k+ redline

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

They said loud, not "Project Orion".

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

If its 2.65l V8 twin-turbos, I will laugh forever.

*Single Turbo, Non-Intercooled, Methanol-fueled 2.65L V8 motors.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Human Grand Prix posted:

*Single Turbo, Non-Intercooled, Methanol-fueled 2.65L V8 motors.

Switching to methanol is an instant 100hp boost, but the E85 deal has been around for awhile now but yeah

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

In case you missed it from the NASCAR thread:

iwentdoodie posted:

Her interview on Rogan's podcast is worse, and she makes it pretty obvious that she doesn't love racing, to the point of straight admitting the only reason she's doing two more races is because agents talked her into it. It kind of made the whole argument a few pages ago moot, as she confirmed most of the negativity shot her direction.

And all she ever does is blame how bad her cars were versus her being poo poo.

iwentdoodie posted:

"So, you know, when I'm getting passed by a car from another team that has no business passing me I'd be on the radio going "what the hell guys, why is the car so bad right now? Do you see this?""

Also believes she lost her sponsor because the contract was signed while mercury was in retrograde.

iwentdoodie posted:

And there's no way it's sarcastic. She brings up astrology and crystals and woowoo poo poo wayyyyyy too often over the almost 3 hours for it to be sarcasm.

She doesn't understand why she lost it, is blaming outside forces, and says that it's a big reason behind her retiring.

e-

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, she's batshit.

Also unsure how many cylinders the car has, and says "I don't know how any of it works. I'm just a really good driver. That's all I did. I don't need to know how it works."

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 22, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i didn't know i needed more reasons to dislike that whiny untalented drain on the racing world, but being into woo managed to somehow make my opinion of her even lower, a feat that should be impossible

...still not as bad as sage karam though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why bother with the farewell tour if she doesn't want to drive?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

To sell more leggings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Daytona and Indy were her two most consistent tracks by far, I think she's hoping she can put in a couple good performances and people will remember her better than if she just walked away after her garbage NASCAR career.