Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dusty Lens posted:

I appreciate how angry Derek gets when you ask him what he called. It shows a real passion for whatever it is that's happening here.

Angry? Me? Dear Lord, you don't know anything about me, do you?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's keep it that way.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

I'm sorry I'll let you finish.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT
So is it Starpocalypse day or not ?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
This is like watching a dog chase it's legal

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

being JACKED TO THE TITS FOR LEGAL DOCUMENTS is going to make the work day drag, I hope they come soon.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

You see, this is why they teach BOTH reading AND reading comprehension in school.

Derek, I totally respect you as a warlord and stuff...but you shouldn't press this particular thing too much, as you often gently caress up on that, too.

Keep warlording, but respect your own weakness, it only makes you stronger!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Look how fresh our heroes are at the beginning of season 1.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

spacetoaster posted:

I'm kinda glad I'm blocked from seeing that guys twitters.

I take it your usual candor when approaching twitter folks was the result of said blockade.

Another poor burger analogy: I'm sure Skadden's filing will be a Whopper(tm) of a document.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
When does the happening start? I can’t wait to rub!

Spooder-Mun
Jun 18, 2004

Why The Long Dark Is Better Than Star Citizen

by Spooder-Mun, Grade 8

The Long Dark is a game where you run around Canada then die of hypothermia. There's a story mode with two of five planned episodes released, plus a sandbox survival mode which is the more interesting part of the game for most people. While this sounds familiar it is better than Star Citizen because Star Citizen just says it might one day have those things instead of actually having them. Instead of paying a bunch of actors to look bored in mocap suit they went for some stylized art that looks a bit weird but is still well done. You can choose to play as a male character, voiced by Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, or a female character, also voiced by Commander Shepard from Mass Effect. Mass Effect is a game series where you run around inside a spaceship sometimes, but usually when your spaceship explodes, something other than bad coding caused it to happen.

Here's your character status page:

There's also a few other stats to manage, like how much you're carrying (which affects how long you can sprint for), wear and tear on your weapons, tools, and clothing, etc. It looks a little on the grognard side at first but it's pretty straightforward, and most importantly, not a loving chore that detracts from the fun premise of the game. If you let Star Citizen fans design this game you'd probably have to manually manage your breathing, with a button for breathing in and a separate button for breathing out.

Things you can do in The Long Dark:

Look at Trees

Wait for Star Citizen to be playable

Read and post in threads about Star Citizen on internet forums

The biggest reason that The Long Dark is better than Star Citizen is that it exists and you can play it.

In conclusion, Canada is a land of contrasts.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Codezombie posted:

Not happening apparently, Skaddon saw CIG's MtD and ran to the hills crying...

calling it now.

:laffo:

Trust me, what's dropping today is so horrific, that I have no idea how Shitizens are going to reconcile their feelings.

I particularly loved, and am looking forward to the brutal evisceration of Ortwin who was just asking for it with his Rule 11 bullshit, which he later put in a public filing which he didn't even need to do. All he did there was piss off the attorneys and set the stage for hostilities.

Oh, and we get to see the infamous Feb 27, 2012 waiver - all 3 pages of it, which prove beyond a doubt that not only did he not disclose that he had an interest in the venture, but also that he was double dealing the whole time. Which is pretty much in the realms of disbarment seeing as the infamous GLA which he negotiated for BOTH sides, is now in dispute.

For me, the hilarity is in FKSS accusing Skadden of hiding the GLA, when in fact they failed to include the highly explosion waiver in their own response. The Skadden response to that is one for the history books.

Other worthy topics include the decimation of the FKKS argument over the meaning of the word "exclusive", as well as their inference that SQ42 is part of SC, is not a separate game, but they are allowed to sell it separately.

As to the engine switching part? loving :laffo: Just wait.

Seriously, from what I hear, the response is absolutely horrific and it's highly unlikely that FKKS will even respond to it without triggering another time bomb that Skadden set for them in it. But knowing Ortwin, my guess is that he's going to respond, thus providing more lols and taking us right into the Feb 9th show-down.

They're hosed. Completely. There is NO way out, there is NO escape, and there is NO coming back from this lawsuit without writing Crytek a big loving check.

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 19, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Trust me, what's dropping today is so horrific, that I have no idea how Shitizens are going to reconcile their feelings.

I particularly loved the brutal evisceration of Ortwin who was just asking for it with his Rule 11 bullshit, which he later put in a public filing which he didn't even need to do. All he did there was piss off the attorneys and set the stage for hostilities.

Oh, and we get to see the infamous Feb 27, 2012 waiver - all 3 pages of it, which prove beyond a doubt that not only did he not disclose that he had an interest in the venture, but also that he was double dealing the whole time. Which is pretty much in the realms of disbarment seeing as the infamous GLA which he negotiated for BOTH sides, is now in dispute.

For me, the hilarity is in FKSS accusing Skadden of hiding the GLA, when in fact they failed to include the highly explosion waiver in their own response. The Skadden response to that is one for the history books.

Other worthy topics include the decimation of the FKKS argument over the meaning of the word "exclusive", as well as their inference that SQ42 is part of SC, is not a separate game, but they are allowed to sell it separately.

Seriously, from what I hear, the response is absolutely horrific and it's highly unlikely that FKKS will even respond to it without triggering another time bomb that Skadden set for them in it. But knowing Ortwin, my guess is that he's going to respond, thus providing more lols and taking us right into the Feb 9th show-down.

They're hosed. Completely. There is NO way out, there is NO escape, and there is NO coming back from this lawsuit without writing Crytek a big loving check.

The big question is: can we quote the gently caress out of this?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

tuo posted:

The big question is: can we quote the gently caress out of this?

No, but you can quote the poo poo out of it. :grin:

----------------

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

I secretly hoped they were going to make an Ice Pirates sequel.

Space. Herpes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

At what time can we start quoting the gently caress out of people if the calling never happens???

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

anime was a mistake

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

Except

you didn't

:thurman:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Wuxi posted:

anime was a mistake

Even the Stimperor agrees on that one.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Spooder-Mun posted:

In conclusion, Canada is a land of contrasts.

And has an outside chance of being ported to VR.

Official Canadian Announcement:

quote:

Eventual VR support is still something Canada will be looking into - but right now we're focused on being a new country and drinking the sap of virgin trees. Thanks for letting us know you are interested!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I hope to hear the swing of an ax, either to fell more trees for the pyre or simply to make still eyes roll. I hope the click of a briefcase is like a hammer being cocked for these charlatans. I hope that the fear is terrible, the uncertainty palpable, the doubt ever present and cloying. Let space court reveal it's terrible anger. I am ready.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*** rubbing intensifies ***

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm in the UK, what time should we expect to start rubbing?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

trucutru posted:

*** rubbing intensifies ***

Look me in the eyes while you rub me.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Aramoro posted:

I'm in the UK, what time should we expect to start rubbing?

The real question is why did you stop.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

I particularly loved, and am looking forward to the brutal evisceration of Ortwin who was just asking for it with his Rule 11 bullshit, which he later put in a public filing which he didn't even need to do. All he did there was piss off the attorneys and set the stage for hostilities.

I mean, not that you havent been owned before, but if this poo poo does not happen today your doubling down is a guaranteed win here. Either your ownage and laughs is ultimate, or we get to laugh at CIG as promised!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

That's hilarious. Why don't you ask DuckDynasty where he got the info from. Hint: my Discord channel where I posted it days before I made it public on Twitter.

Nice try.

So quote/screenshot your discord, idiot.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MedicineHut posted:

I mean, not that you havent been owned before, but if this poo poo does not happen today your doubling down is a guaranteed win here. Either your ownage and laughs is ultimate, or we get to laugh at CIG as promised!

No because if it doesn't happen it'll turn out he only said it might happen someday and it was just conjecture Jesus Christ you rear end-brained nitwits this is why they teach reading comprehension in schools I explained all this in my July blog

Edit: and as if by magic

D_Smart posted:

Yeah well, it's all speculation, mixed in with opinions, mixed in with sources sending info - some of which is all bullshit anyway. I'm just in it for the lols, regardless.

Called it :smug:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And Derek saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the blogs and the tweets; and there was a great calm.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"nuh uh I called it secretly way before that" is almost as good as the wrong company defense.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

"nuh uh I called it secretly way before that" is almost as good as the wrong company defense.

Have we stared too long

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 19, 2018

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs

seems appropriate

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I think we can all agree that whether it was DuckDynasty or Tha Wahlord who called it first, MoMA was extremely :wrong:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dusty Lens posted:

Have we stared too long

This is a strange abyss where it has two ends that are the exact same (except one has 170 million dollars and a limited edition 911 and the other has a cute dog)

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think we can all agree that whether it was DuckDynasty or Tha Wahlord who called it first, MoMA was extremely :wrong:

Yeah it doesn't make MoMA any less of an idiot. If you spent thousands of dollars on Star Citizen you are an idiot, refund or not.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

Yeah well, it's all speculation, mixed in with opinions, mixed in with sources sending info - some of which is all bullshit anyway. I'm just in it for the lols, regardless.

----------------

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

D_Smart posted:

is this too long for a thread title?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

only jacked to about 7 inches below the tits now, fading fast

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Keep jacking it's only a quarter after 9 over here this is a marathon.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Smells like a NOTHINGBURGER over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Skadden should stop rubbing for a short, short moment and send in those papers