Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B, and ask how much the bounties on them are for future reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

G. See if we can find out old boss, maybe he wants to lodge an appeal, or he knows some interesting knowledge that we can use for blackmail or investments.

This

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

This, just no cupcakes.

Outrail posted:

G. See if we can find out old boss, maybe he wants to lodge an appeal, or he knows some interesting knowledge that we can use for blackmail or investments.

This too.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

D

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
D!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Phew finished reading through it all

E why do you idiots never pick training? :argh:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Slaan posted:

Phew finished reading through it all

Learning? Shut up nerd.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Slaan posted:

When? There's been so many missed chances to train; I've always been PRO training.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Someone better be feeding the goddamn Owlbears.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Someone better be feeding the goddamn Owlbears.

Maybe they're feeding themselves.

dun dun dun!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

Maybe they're feeding themselves.

dun dun dun!

By eating the weakest one?!? :ohdear:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

CourValant posted:

By eating the weakest one?!? :ohdear:

If they eat Abigail, I'm sure half the thread will throw a loving party.

Spare-time meditation request.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Cannon_Fodder posted:

If they eat Abigail, I'm sure half the thread will throw a loving party.

I meant two of the three eating the 'runt' of the litter.

However, yes, I would not be sad if Abigail were to 'go away'; that being said, she appears to be one of our most loyal employees.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I like abby

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

She has moxie. Also, a giant magic sword coming to her

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I treat Abigail like a big, dumb, loyal but aggressive and untrainable dog. Set her loose and hope for the best, but don't expect her to do anything but Abigail poo poo up in any given situation.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Reminder we've never actually gotten her any training.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Trouble on the Rim, Book 2, Chapter 2
The Longest Journey

Part Nine: ♪It's cold outside♪
Current Region: The Endless Taiga, an outpost called Grim

To sleep, perchance to dream. This is your goal, but snow opposes. Whilst you long to drift away on wooly clouds and soothe the aches and pains of circumstance, the weather and ill fortune both conspire against you.
The temperature drops another few degrees, in your stonewarmed mind from awful to horrid, as dreaded winter begins in earnest. This far south east, about one third of the way from Rimwall to Rimcity, the Empire would truly grind to a halt were it not for aid Divine.

Indeed, the awful mornings here begin with short, quiet Toil-aligned sermons. Efficient affairs more akin to the preparation of tools for maintenance than the pomp and glamour that can be found amongst Lolths faithful, or the outright transactions that exemplify the Quackeknight faith. You participate, as does everyone else present, and in turn you at least feel more prepared to meet the coming day.

Prepared, though no more joyful. As noon approaches, boredom turns to pain, the Geas ever reminding you of duty. You stare out over the horizon, challenging the empty, quiet river to produce for you a vessel to lead you from this the most dead of ends, but it does not provide. The pull intensifies, as if sensing you dilemma. Walk, it says. Walk or skip or run or swim. Leave this place as quickly as you may. You ignore it as best you can, to leave the outpost by foot is folly. You would die long before you would reach your goal. For this reason alone you retain your sanity, and the mauled endings of your nerves.

More time passes. Dinner. You, Skvababt, Khami and Mr. Hobbson sharing a cauldron of gruel with the off shift guards and the silence. Your thoughts briefly turn to the Owlbear cubs, how their warm fur would grant you harbour against the winds that break upon the walls, sending seeking tendrils of frost through the cracks, reaching for that one spot you forgot to cover to send shivers down your spine. You hope they are cared for, in all the ways you are not. You hope they have someone to cuddle them and tuck them in at night. You try not to think about how horrifically you murdered their parents for money. Life is tough enough as it is.

You retire early, though in truth there is nothing for you here to retire from. The guards care not one whit if you work or not, nor if you help around the outpost. Out here, you are on your own. They would not lift a finger for you unless theirs was also on the line. That is not to say that they are hostile, merely that pragmatism rules this wasteland, making here its bastion in the heartlands of nothing much at all.

Outside the winds or wargs howl. You cannot tell the difference.
You are cold and aching. You lie restless on a bunk of straw.
Night falls, and though you set your mind to wander, all it may encounter; snow.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eat a cupcake and then examine our geas, see if we can mess with it. See if we can alter it so fulfilling it steals Quackeen's power for ourselves.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Do some manual labor around the area or train with the guards. Lets either improve ourselves or our standing with Toil. He already likes us, why not make him like us more?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

That's a good idea, +1 to looking for some physical work to get to.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Slaan posted:

Do some manual labor around the area or train with the guards. Lets either improve ourselves or our standing with Toil. He already likes us, why not make him like us more?

Sure, what the hell. Prison workout it is.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

All this poor dwarf needed was a RightvoterTM to come in and fix things :smug:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Slaan posted:

All this poor dwarf needed was a RightvoterTM to come in and fix things :smug:

Yes, and its about time I got recognized for my RightvotingTM. :colbert:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Slaan posted:

I'm surprised a champion of Team Hunger would pass up an opportunity to see if we can devour a god.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Yes, and its about time I got recognized for my RightvotingTM. :colbert:

Step aside buddy, I'm here now.

Throw some FOOF at something

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

Step aside buddy, I'm here now.

Throw some FOOF at something

Ahhh, Team FOOF, how I've missed you. No, not really :ocelot: :)

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
eat the foof

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Alas, you do not have any FOOF with you. Transporting it across region borders is super illegal even if you are a citizen, and a licensed monster hunting citizen at that.
Rest assured, that if Abigail were here she probably would have brought it with her anyway.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Alas, you do not have any FOOF with you. Transporting it across region borders is super illegal even if you are a citizen, and a licensed monster hunting citizen at that.
Rest assured, that if Abigail were here she probably would have brought it with her anyway.

Because, of course she would, she's our X-factor, Charlie Day style.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Did we ever make 'grenade sized' FOOF vials, or are they still the 'Nuclear Option'?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

CourValant posted:

Did we ever make 'grenade sized' FOOF vials, or are they still the 'Nuclear Option'?

The Alchemist tasked you with getting some Ankheg Ichor and Tortaur Shell to produce a FOO-bolt for your Siege Arbalest.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

The Alchemist tasked you with getting some Ankheg Ichor and Tortaur Shell to produce a FOO-bolt for your Siege Arbalest.

Welp. Guess we're not getting them Tortaur Shells then.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Welp. Guess we're not getting them Tortaur Shells then.

We can still lob a barrel of the stuff out of a catapult.

FOOF the whole God drat world.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

FOOF the whole God drat world.

Simmer down, Pyro.

We wouldn't have anything left to hunt.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CourValant posted:

Simmer down, Pyro.

We wouldn't have anything left to hunt.

Mixing FOOF and cupcakes: to limits of your imagination and beyond.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'm honestly amazed that the quantity we have still hasn't reacted and destroyed our HQ (and the entire surrounding area).

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Blasphemaster posted:

I'm honestly amazed that the quantity we have still hasn't reacted and destroyed our HQ (and the entire surrounding area).

(GM rolls dice behind screen, menacingly)

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

alpaca diseases posted:

(GM rolls dice behind screen, menacingly)

As has been mentioned previously; no one really knows the actual life span of a gnome. The natural cause of death for them, as far as has been established, is explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

As has been mentioned previously; no one really knows the actual life span of a gnome. The natural cause of death for them, as far as has been established, is explosions.

Yelp, time to start a new life in Rim then, since it sounds like there isn't a home to go back to.