Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Goldberg was someone NJPW always wanted on a Dome and never could get until they finally had him booked for the 1/4/2000 Dome show, and then Goldberg cut up his arm. Can definitely understand them wanting him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why are some people putting goldberg in spoiler text

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

why are some people putting goldberg in spoiler text

yeah I thought it was the ((())) it had to go in and furthermore

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/mortenvh/status/954112242982801409

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Goldberg-Omega in Long Beach would be nuts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Goldberg-Omega in Long Beach would be nuts

Yeah that's not happening.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tiger Hattori and Goldberg are gonna settle down to some beers in the near future tho.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The most important and great content to come from this show:
http://twitter.com/luchablog/status/954157082772672513
http://twitter.com/luchablog/status/954159933842427904

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Okada can’t raise the roof because his long boys are lowering the floor

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
My review of the show, cross-posted from the lucha thread:

Fantasticamania - Nagoya
NJPW/CMLL - 2018-01-12
File's on RealHero Archive, approximate timestamps for matches included below.

1) Drone vs Disturbio - 0:03 - OK
2) Fuego & Star Jr. vs Okumura & Puma - 0:14 - OK
3) Ángel de Oro, Jushin Liger, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask vs Cuatrero, Rocky Romero, SHO, YOH - 0:30 - OK
4) Niebla Roja, Soberano Jr., Volador Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Gran Guerrero, Sansón - 0:49 - FUN
5) Dragón Lee, Hirai Kawato, Kushida, Satoshi Kojima vs Bushi, Hiromu Takahashi, Rush, Tetsuya Naito - 1:07 - FUN
6) Atlantis, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Mistico vs Gedo, Kazuchika Okada, Último Guerrero - 1:31 - FUN

Best match was the fourth, though the Ingobernables match had a good atmosphere. No particular matches really worth going out of your way to see, this was the first show of the tour. Main event wasn't that good of a match, though Mistico and Ultimo Guerrero were very good. Tanahashi has no reason on Earth to be wrestling any matches on this tour.

Notables:
- I laughed out loud repeatedly at Okada being unable to correctly raise the roof.
- Puma does an appeal to the crowd and then the Casita but it gets no reaction. Probably because nobody in Nagoya at a New Japan show gets his connection to Negro Casas.
- They do very weird entrance orders that cause the Mexican announce to start to call match 3 as a trios match after all the New Japan guys are in the ring before the ref tells him to wait because Cuatrero and Angel de Oro are getting their own separate ring entrances.
- There's like two minutes of Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi that is as beautiful and perfect as it always is.
- Soberano Jr. continues to be one of the best in the world (and he's still only 24 years old).

thecubsfan posted his review of the show as well.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tanahashi still the ace

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I'm actually not shocked about the Goldberg talk. I think in a perfect world Okada gets the big foreign invader match at the Dome next year leaving Kenny and Naito for the belt on top. Can't say I'm jazzed about it from an artistic standpoint but if it drives business then cool.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

3 Minute Goldberg/Yano match at the dome book it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

I'm actually not shocked about the Goldberg talk. I think in a perfect world Okada gets the big foreign invader match at the Dome next year leaving Kenny and Naito for the belt on top. Can't say I'm jazzed about it from an artistic standpoint but if it drives business then cool.

Okada/Danielson book it Gedo

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think they're running back Okada/Naito for WK13 but we won't really know how things shake out until at least the Dominion build, if not later

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fantasticamania currently on New Japan World

Edit: Fuego vs. Okumura is already amazing

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 19, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

Okada/Danielson book it Gedo

It’ll be Shibata vs Danielson in a Loser also winner Leaves This Mortal Plane match

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If people are watching Fantasticamania, can y'all post which matches are worth watching? It's noon here and I'm at work :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

If people are watching Fantasticamania, can y'all post which matches are worth watching? It's noon here and I'm at work :(

Nothing stood out as must-watch but everything was pretty good and entertaining.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Nothing stood out as must-watch but everything was pretty good and entertaining.

Cool, thanks J-Ru! Might put it on if I have a bit of time to waste today.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I suggest people follow this account over the next while https://twitter.com/TMDKofficial

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hirmou and Dragon Lee faced off again today, right?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
who were the people before kojima/dragon lee/etcs match?

e: also i'd call kojima & friends vs lij + rush a recommended watch. dragon lee and hiromu is electric as always, rush and kojima have a pretty good chemistry, lij working decidedly heel is always fun, and it has rush and naito being tranquilo bros.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 19, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

shiksa posted:

who were the people before kojima/dragon lee/etcs match?

Black Cat's family. It was the Black Cat memorial match.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

So, was there a specific reason Naito went after Milano Collection AT at the beginning of his match today?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he’s been trolling him for like two years though he hadnt done it in a long time

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Milano’s totally retired, correct? New Japan’s not the kind of company where I’d expect a blowoff between an announcer and an active wrestler, but it would be pretty rad for Milano to get fed up and fight back and get his poo poo wrecked :getin:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big Mike apparently going to be on Sam Roberts's podcast?

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/954502229821706240

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Fantasticamania 2018 - Korakuen Hall Night One
NJPW/CMLL - 2018-01-19
NJPW World

1) Fuego vs Okumura - 0:10 - BAD
2) Dragón Lee, Hirai Kawato, Satoshi Kojima, Star Jr. vs Bushi, Hiromu Takahashi, Rush, Tetsuya Naito - 0:21 - FUN
3) Atlantis, Drone, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Bárbaro Cavernario, Disturbio, Puma, Último Guerrero - 0:48 - FUN
4) Ángel de Oro © vs Cuatrero [CMLL MIDDLE] - 1:25 - GOOD
5) Soberano Jr. © vs Sansón [MEX WELTER] - 1:42 - GREAT
6) Niebla Roja © vs Gran Guerrero [CMLL LH] - 2:00 - GREAT

I liked match 5 slightly more than 6, but they were both really good. Soberano is one of my favorite wrestlers and Sansón's charisma is undeniable. Both Dinamitas did a good job in singles competition. The last three matches are definitely worth your time.

Notables:
- I have no loving time in 2018 for a "valet kiss" moment, much less one that ends with Okumura slapping Mima. Give me a break.
- Rush's wife and son are seen at the end as he walks out after the match, his son has on a "Muñoz Family Hybrid Mask" incorporating Pierroth, Rush, Mistico, and Dragon Lee.
- Atlantis can barely go since he just got off a long injury layoff and he's so old. Glad they took this into account when booking the card.
- Crowd was good. Really bummed that they have to mute all the music because it means they mute all the intros by the Mexican announcer.

thecubsfan posted his review of the show, where he liked Roja/Gran best.

https://twitter.com/rushtoroblanco/status/954255836582330368

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's card

NJPW PRESENTS: CMLL FANTASTICAMANIA 2018
January 21st at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Drone and Star Jr. vs. Puma and Disturbio
Soberano Jr, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Fuego vs. SHO, YOH, and Okumura
Atlantis, Kojima, KUSHIDA, and Kawato vs. Los Ingobernables (Naito, Rush, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Gran Guerrero
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Mistico and Dragon Lee vs. Sanson and Cuatrero
NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship:Volador Jr.(c) vs. Barbaro Cavernario

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship:Volador Jr.(c) vs. Barbaro Cavernario

Oh good, time for my annual reminder that Cavenario is not only somehow still alive but also somehow not in a wheelchair.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Jerusalem posted:

Oh good, time for my annual reminder that Cavenario is not only somehow still alive but also somehow not in a wheelchair.
I think the last two singles matches of his I saw he didn’t do the post to floor splash, but then again they were in Puebla and Guadalajara not Tokio Japón

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Milano’s totally retired, correct? New Japan’s not the kind of company where I’d expect a blowoff between an announcer and an active wrestler, but it would be pretty rad for Milano to get fed up and fight back and get his poo poo wrecked :getin:

quote:

On January 18, 2010, Sawafuji announced his retirement from professional wrestling because of inferior oblique muscle palsy, brought on by an excessively strong thrust kick to the eye by Gedo. A retirement ceremony was held on February 14.

He could probably work a really limited match but I doubt that's in the works

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Robbie Eagles, Jack Bonza and Mick Morretti have been announced for the NJPW tour, as well as TMDK.

https://twitter.com/FaleDojo/status/954627697535205376

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 20, 2018

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
All of the TMDK guys are really good and so is Robbie Eagles so that’s great for them. I haven’t seen Bonza or Moretti.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
New Japan isn't planning to slaughter the locals the aim is to give the Aussie dudes the actual rub.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is on, third match just started if anyone's up and interested

NJPW PRESENTS: CMLL FANTASTICAMANIA 2018
January 21st at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Drone and Star Jr. vs. Puma and Disturbio
Soberano Jr, Ryusuke Taguchi, and Fuego vs. SHO, YOH, and Okumura
Atlantis, Kojima, KUSHIDA, and Kawato vs. Los Ingobernables (Naito, Rush, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Gran Guerrero
CMLL Hermanos Tournament Rd 1:Mistico and Dragon Lee vs. Sanson and Cuatrero
[/quote]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

So happy they picked incidental music to match Taguchi's entrance... :allears:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Using the same generic theme they used for everyone for Dragon Lee & Mistico instead of Dragon Lee's dub theme might be NJPW's greatest crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Njpws theme situation on world has always been sub par.