Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sockser posted:

Didn’t he crack a joke about having to buy more black in Dino Thunder?

The best part was that he was already exclusively wearing black before that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
New issue of the comic was good, especially the monster, it's good that they're finally putting effort into the monster designs unlike how it was at the start of the comic

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If I was Saban's people, during your two year Kyuranger-based PR Globe Force or what have you, I'd consider repurposing Lupinranger into an evil ranger team that shows up at some point during the run. Probably at the end of the first season leading into Super Globe Force. You could toss the Pats in as some sort of space police visitors, like a precursor to SPD.

Obviously it all depends on what sort of KyuLuPat crossover movie Toei does and what the footage of it looks like, but there's a lot of potential there for a motivated team to do some Fox-era cutting and pasting of source footage to do something very different with that equipment. They're going to want to change a lot of the Kyuranger story anyway.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wasn't it also a think where Zack's actor got a jew hairstyle and then it very obviously reverted back to his old hairstyle for the recycled footage

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Calaveron posted:

Zack's actor got a jew hairstyle

I realize this is a mistake, but I'm saving it for eternity anyway.

Anyway, not really no. Zack's new look remains the same up through Two For One, and he makes one more appearance in a scuba suit in this episode where you can't see his hair (and it's recycled at that), and that's that. All his appearances along with the others are in full ranger suit while the remaining actors nervously talk amongst themselves in front of the mannequins in superhero outfits.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think the closest thing to that is the costumers realizing Tommy & Co need to basically rewear an outfit from where they're cutting footage from, because they Contract Negotiation 3 are in it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
They recycled a bunch of footage from season one of Zack, Trini, and Jason reacting to stuff on the command center. So when you see Zack he's rocking the high top fade again. It becomes super noticable once you realize that Tommy is wearing green again.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like in Ninja encounter part one they're having a picnic with Trini and as soon as that baby carriage goes by she immediately ceases to exist and they forget she was even there

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I love that three three new rangers somehow are able to pull off moves you'd see in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo during that tournament and never again.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is funnier than it has any right to be.

(It's loud at the end, just FYI)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Friends, I was close to making the thumbnail for this episode Rocky, Adam and Aisha. But while it marks the departure of Jason the yellboy, Zack the sasser, and Trini the other girl, I felt it was important to highlight the fact that there is still so, so much goofy and excellent poo poo to love, even without familiar faces.

Today on Power Rangers: Zedd is a huge bitch to Goldar, and a monster is arbitrarily a cowboy.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 19, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Illuminati confirmed

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SCABS!

SCAAAAAAABS!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Friends, I was close to making the thumbnail for this episode Rocky, Adam and Aisha. But while it marks the departure of Jason the yellboy, Zack the sasser, and Trini the other girl, I felt it was important to highlight the fact that there is still so, so much goofy and excellent poo poo to love, even without familiar faces.

Today on Power Rangers: Zedd is a huge bitch to Goldar, and a monster is arbitrarily a cowboy.

It's hilarious that they just use footage from the Dairanger finale for such a random purpose(also that they made Serpentera out to be so important but never bothered getting the props for it or making their own, so they were always restricted by the 5 minutes or so of footage they have of him from Dairanger, which makes it's ultimate fate in Wild Force so infuriating*)

*although I've long since established a head canon that the Serpentera we see in Wild Force isn't the real one, it's a lesser copy that Zedd made that was meant to be more efficient to use(which is why it's both like 60% smaller and was able to be destroyed by a freaking bike), Zedd just never got around to using it because of the Machine Empire showing up, the original is still buried on the moon somewhere else

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Serpentera should be in the M-51 Galaxy. Master Vile probably repossessed it because Zedd couldn't make rent.

Or...

Zedd: I traded serpentera for this Winnebago.

Rita: You WHAT!? Sometimes I think I married the universe's biggest, most worthless idiot, and then you go and do something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I always wished they had found a reason to bring the movie Zedd into the show. Like he powers up or something for a final storyline.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I always wished they had found a reason to bring the movie Zedd into the show. Like he powers up or something for a final storyline.

They probably didn't for the same reason they never brought the movie Ranger suits in(or that random pig monster that they had instead of Squat & Baboo), it was probably too fragile and expensive to maintain to use for TV purposes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't the whole 'metallic armour' thing supposed to be leading into switching to the movie suits, or is that just me trying to make up something that is more satisfying that 'glitter'?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I remember thinking it would be the movie suits, yeah. Being grandiose, the day they broke out the glitter spandex was the day my childish naivete died.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I remember thinking it would be the movie suits, yeah. Being grandiose, the day they broke out the glitter spandex was the day my childish naivete died.

You and me both buddy. Wasn't that how storyline like two or three episodes of build up for the Armor as well?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, they talked it up for sure. I was hype af, no doubt.

Nowadays, they would actually make some new costumes, at least. Kids today have that much.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The plan was totally to use the movie suits

It's just that the movie suits were pieces of poo poo that were falling apart mid filming, so they were hosed on that regard.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Burkion posted:

The plan was totally to use the movie suits

It's just that the movie suits were pieces of poo poo that were falling apart mid filming, so they were hosed on that regard.

They were also unbearably heavy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

They were also unbearably heavy.

That's fine, relatively speaking, for what they were going to be used as.

Temporary power up suits can be heavier than the normal stunt suits just by their nature of having less screen time. It'd require different choreography but it's nothing we wouldn't see with Battleizers and the like later on.

The original Godzilla suit was a monster of a thing- as in the one they WERE able to use for filming, and not the one that could stand up right and hold its shape without ANYONE INSIDE OF IT.

But they kept the scenes with Godzilla brief and worked around the limitations of the suit.

You cannot work around the limitations of a suit if the limitations of the suit is "Falls Apart At The Slightest Touch"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Craptacular! posted:

I realize this is a mistake, but I'm saving it for eternity anyway.

Anyway, not really no. Zack's new look remains the same up through Two For One, and he makes one more appearance in a scuba suit in this episode where you can't see his hair (and it's recycled at that), and that's that. All his appearances along with the others are in full ranger suit while the remaining actors nervously talk amongst themselves in front of the mannequins in superhero outfits.

This is why you always proofread before hitting the little paper airplane

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I realize it was due to the footage that they had, but it bugs the hell out of me that Zedd didn't just point Serpenterra at earth and hold the world for ransom.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: the most interesting thing is this spread of snacks. :geno:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I had completely forgotten Sabrina was not made-up by the comics and in fact came from the series. That's one incredibly small thing to reference.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The editing at the end of that one made me laugh pretty hard. Kudos to your fine cuts.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sockser posted:

The editing at the end of that one made me laugh pretty hard. Kudos to your fine cuts.

Complete accident, but I agree! I pressed "Trim Start" instead of "Split" and actually cut out Ultrazord footage that I was going to include. :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think my favorite recent cuts were definitely "try red ranger" and "Hey who's that guy? That's beamcaster."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

They probably didn't for the same reason they never brought the movie Ranger suits in(or that random pig monster that they had instead of Squat & Baboo), it was probably too fragile and expensive to maintain to use for TV purposes

poo poo, halfway through season 2 (plus or minus) the TV version of the Zedd suit had the occasional exposed tear or hastily repaired bit.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think my favorite recent cuts were definitely "try red ranger" and "Hey who's that guy? That's beamcaster."

Try red ranger, therefore horse

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Thanks for the advice, power ranger, but-- Scorpina." had me giggling for a good while.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Try red ranger, therefore horse

Don't give up; Skeleton!

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

drrockso20 posted:

It's hilarious that they just use footage from the Dairanger finale for such a random purpose(also that they made Serpentera out to be so important but never bothered getting the props for it or making their own, so they were always restricted by the 5 minutes or so of footage they have of him from Dairanger, which makes it's ultimate fate in Wild Force so infuriating*)

*although I've long since established a head canon that the Serpentera we see in Wild Force isn't the real one, it's a lesser copy that Zedd made that was meant to be more efficient to use(which is why it's both like 60% smaller and was able to be destroyed by a freaking bike), Zedd just never got around to using it because of the Machine Empire showing up, the original is still buried on the moon somewhere else

I always thought the best use of Serpentera, given what they had to work with, was for Zordon to recover the Green Ranger but Zedd to capture the Dragonzord, and give it a Thunderzord upgrade of his own. The direction they took with Dragonzord instead was probably the lesser of the two, since seeing it one-shot the Tigerzord at the end of the season was not really worth it.

Just every couple episodes or so, have Goldar or Finster remind Zedd that the Dragonzord is being dismantled and redesigned somewhere offscreen, and Zedd boasting that when THAT episode comes boy oh boy are the rangers really going to be in trouble. Likewise, instead of just "running out of power", you could just have it rampage a bit and then Tommy tries using the flute (which Zordon still has stashed) and it hears him and flies away.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 20, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Serpentera should be in the M-51 Galaxy. Master Vile probably repossessed it because Zedd couldn't make rent.

Or...

Zedd: I traded serpentera for this Winnebago.

Rita: You WHAT!? Sometimes I think I married the universe's biggest, most worthless idiot, and then you go and do something like this... AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

How much money do I have to pay Barbara Goodson and Robert Axelrod to do a reading from Dumb and Dumber and how soon can they get it to me?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Calaveron posted:

Wasn't it also a think where Zack's actor got a jew hairstyle and then it very obviously reverted back to his old hairstyle for the recycled footage

I miss Zack. Supposedly, his mom was friends with my aunt before he moved her out of the area.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Walter Jones was good, he should have had at least Amy Jo Johnson levels of success, just a few appearances on Law and Order type shows and the short lived space cases unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I've mentioned it before, I think, but he had a good career as a dancer. Won some salsa competitions a few years back.

Sure, not exactly established acting work, but he didn't fall off the face of the earth like some other ranger actors.