Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Chiaki's sprite change after Kazuichi starts getting his creep on again made me smile.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Akane annoys me. A lot.

It's more or less turned into the same situation as DR1's end game, just with 4 people on the level and 2 idiots instead of 3 and 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: How did Nagito stab himself with a spear...?
: Let's work together and think this through!
: When the spear stabbed Nagito...
: His right hand was covered by the knife, right?
: He was only able to move his left hand...
: But his left hand was also tied up.
: Then that rules out his left hand...
: If that's the case, the only other way is...
: He used his teeth?
: Or maybe he used his front tail!
: I know guys have tails that get hard when they're grabbed!
: Wh-What are you saying!?
: A blushing Miss Sonia is freaking awesome!!!

If Nagito committed suicide...then he must've used that spear to stab himself. Even if his arms and legs were tied up, there's no doubt he used some part of his body... The only thing he could have used is...

: wow i forgot how lewd this debate got
: Anyway, we can safely ignore that part of the discussion. If the left hand was the only thing that Nagito could've used, we should think about what we know about that hand. If particular, wasn't there a strange bloodstain on it? Let's give that a shot.

> Shoot "rules out the left hand" with "Blood on Left Hand"

: Hold on! It's still too early to dismiss the possibility that he used his left hand.
: Wh-Why...? I mean, his left hand was tied up, you know?
: ...But there was something off about his left hand.

: The bloodstain on the palm of his hand... Don't you think it looked somewhat strange? He only had blood on the lower area of his palm. Beyond that point, the bloodstain suddenly cuts off, right...?
: When the blood splattered...that's as far as it reached, right?
: That settles the description of that bloodstain, but it's not the only unnatural bloodstain.

: Look, there's blood on the back of his hand...around the middle joints of his fingers.
: Like ya said, it looks like an unnatural bloodstain but...what's wrong with that?
: We might need to think and use our imaginations for a bit.
: If there's blood on his palm and the back of his hand... What was his left hand doing as the blood splattered?

What was Nagito's left hand doing when the blood splattered...?

> Gripping

: When the blood splattered, he was probably gripping with his left hand...
: That's why there's such a strange-looking bloodstain on his palm and the back of his hand.
: ...Was he grabbin' his front tail!?
: P-Perish the thought...! He was obviously grabbing the spear!

: Now that you mention it...compared to the rest of his body, the wounds on his left arm are pretty mild. He probably made his wounds mild on purpose, so he could keep his strength while he gripped the spear.

: But even if he held the spear with his tied up left hand, it'd be impossible for him to stab himself.

That's right...that's the problem...

: ...Hey Chiaki, what do you think?
: ...
: Hey...don't tell me you're getting sleepy.

: At times like this, you should always strike from a good angle. Just like fixin' an old TV.
: Ah, I got it...maybe.
: Huh? Really?

: Yeah...like I thought, it's no mistake that Nagito was gripping the spear...I think.
: However, what's important is what section of the spear he was gripping!

Which section of the spear was he holding on to?

> Cord

: That's it...instead of the handle, Nagito must've been holding on to the cord. There was a metal weight at the tip of the cord, but there were bloodstains on that part too.

: Plus, the joint between the weight and cord had a bloodstain shaped like it was cut off by something...
: Isn't the size of that cut-off section about the same size as a human fist?
: Ah, you're right! So this is the part Nagito was grippin', huh!

: And then, the blood that was supposed to end up here ended up gettin' on Nagito's left hand!
: But why is it so important to know which part of the spear he was gripping?
: You're not gonna say he gripped the tip of the cord, swung the spear around, and stabbed himself, right!?
: That is where the clue to solve this mystery resides, right Chiaki?

: I am sorry... Of course this mystery will not be solved that easily...

Hm...Nagito was gripping the cord extending from the butt of the spear with his left hand... But from there, how would he...stab himself in the stomach with the spear?

: Hm...
: Hmmmmmmmmmm...
: It seems we are stuck... Shall we have tea time?
: At a time like this...

: How about we stick to The Plan the Think One Step at a Time Instead of Expecting the Answers All at Once?
: That's a long plan name.
: One step at a time... What does that mean?

: Let's focus on the spear first. Namely where it was and how it was positioned just before it impaled Nagito.
: How it was positioned...

Nagito was facing up, and the spear was stabbed through his stomach... So if it's just before that...

That's it... Could it be...!? The state of the spear... And the fact that Nagito was holding the tip of the cord attachment...

If I put those together and think about it... I should be able to figure out where the spear was and what state it was in before it stabbed Nagito.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Dangit Nagito, even in death you still drag down the pace of these trials :argh:

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Why did this turn into the Sex Joke Episode all of a sudden?

Because Akane and Kaz are perverts. But mostly it was Akane's fault, since the front tail remarks are all her.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I have no idea who the traitor is.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Virtue posted:

I have no idea who the traitor is.

It's Akane. She's shown she's for sale.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

FPzero posted:

: Or maybe he used his front tail!
: I know guys have tails that get hard when they're grabbed!

Speaking of lewd jokes, did you know there's sometimes bonus dialogue for choosing the wrong answers? For example, you could absorb "get hard" and then fire it to agree with "used his front tail".

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Akane seems way too much of a meathead to be the traitor. If I had to guess, Chiaki is oddly calm about this whole ordeal and that makes her potential (sleeper) agent. But Kyoko kept her cool all the same...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I have to say that Akane's "front tail" running gag is so terrible that it wrapped around to being funny after the third time. Although I don't really want to laugh at it because a lot of Akane's dialogue implies a really warped and hosed-up home life. And that's as much as I'll say on that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I have to say that Akane's "front tail" running gag is so terrible that it wrapped around to being funny after the third time. Although I don't really want to laugh at it because a lot of Akane's dialogue implies a really warped and hosed-up home life. And that's as much as I'll say on that.

It makes me want to see her free time events more, because she's being such a weirdo right now. It's still fine to a degree though, because Nagito's really violently dead in a way that'd only compare to Nekomaru if he wasn't a cyborg at the time. But all the same I wanna know what her deal is so we can finally answer 'why are you...like this?'

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It makes me wonder, as compared to D1's cast, with the exception of Touko's library of issues and Togami's battle of the fittest background - it feels like these kids had way more hosed up histories.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I love the way everyone's looking to Chiaki to be the mystery-solver when she clearly doesn't want to be.

Every case we've had it seems like she'd already figured out the answer - either before the trials or as they played out - but was too slow and shy to just go explaining it so she was trying to lead the others (especially Hajime) into saying it for her. To the point of pretty quickly doing all her investigating with Hajime so she could show him what she's thinking in advance.

Which could easily lead to her being the traitor if she's got reasons she can't just give the answer away. On the other hand, if it's just her personality, that would make her exactly the kind of person that's the best at video games.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

That was mentioned back in Chapter 2, incidentally.

FPzero posted:

: Ugh...ughghghgh...!
: Heeey, your balance sucks! Make sure your stance is wider!
: Y-You...you're a lot heavier than I expected...!
: Yeah, 'cause I'm so buff... Like, every time I get a massage, they tell me I'm just a mass o' muscles.
: A massage, huh... Do you have a trainer or something since you're the Ultimate Gymnast...?
: Nah, I don't have a trainer... My stepmom's lovers like to get drunk and gimme full-body massages.

I shouldn't...have asked.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

RareAcumen posted:

It makes me want to see her free time events more, because she's being such a weirdo right now. It's still fine to a degree though, because Nagito's really violently dead in a way that'd only compare to Nekomaru if he wasn't a cyborg at the time. But all the same I wanna know what her deal is so we can finally answer 'why are you...like this?'

I'm sad I haven't really had the opportunity to do more Free Time Roundups during this LP because of the fact I don't have access to the bonus modes on PC. I suppose I could go back and just load previous chapters and get them that way but I've been reluctant to do so, instead opting to just keep moving the already long LP forward. Speaking of length, did you know that this LP is now officially longer than the DR1 LP? That one was 168 parts long and the update I posted yesterday was Part 169 and that's not counting the Free Time Roundup I did for Gundham, the Monomi Mode or the little Joke gag for the Final Dead Room. Man this game is long!

But back to Free Times for a moment. I can say a couple words about who I chose to hang out with during the course of the main LP. In the DR1 LP, people caught on pretty quickly that the characters I was spending time with were often those to die next, and that was true mostly because of the way nearly all skills were tied to Free Times in DR1. Though I knew I wanted to also do events with at least one survivor from that game and Byakuya took the spot. But yeah, Mondo, Chihiro, Sakura, they all died almost as soon as I progressed far enough into their events to get whatever skill I was looking for from them. It's a bit unfortunate that that's the case.

In 2, the fact that only some skills are hidden behind Free Times made it so that I could basically just talk with anyone I wanted throughout the course of the game since the most useful, broadly applicable skills are simply available to purchase. I guess subconsciously I made some effort to subvert the expectation I created in DR1 that the people I was talking to would probably die soon (with the exception of supposedly-Imposter Byakuya). I knew I wanted to talk with Nagito because after Chapter 1 he gets crazy and that was too good to pass up. I knew I wanted to talk to someone who would be around until at least Chapter 5, so I went with Sonia because she's a good character. I also started doing Mikan's events because I don't care what people say I kinda like her as a character and just really feel bad for how everyone treats her and the hints she drops (before going crazy in Trial 3) that her home life/school situation were also bad. But she didn't seem to get a great reception from readers so I kinda let her events trail off before she died. Originally I wasn't planning to do Fuyuhiko's events at all since he was someone I had done in my first playthrough of the game and I wanted to show off more than some of my favorites. But when I stopped doing Mikan's events, I filled the spots they would've taken with Sonia's events and finished her whole series midway through Chapter 3. I'd intended to finish hers in Chapter 4 along with Nagito (which we did successfully) but now I had a hole to fill so I just went with Fuyuhiko because he'd finally become available to talk to.

Kinda wish I'd chosen Akane because a lot of people are down on her and she might have some interesting stuff in her events that change how people see her (I don't think I ever did her events when I first played, and if I did I've totally forgotten them). Kazuichi is the same for how his Free Times changed the way I saw him. I did his events really early on my first playthrough and got a totally different impression of him because basically none of his events revolve around Sonia and instead are just Hajime and him hanging out being bros. That means that by the time I got to where the LP is now, he was firmly in my "I hope he survives" list even if he'd started becoming a little one-note with his Sonia addiction. We'll get to his eventually, like everyone else. At this point I don't think I'd want to interject with a bunch of random Free Times because we're obviously approaching the climax of the game and it's usually best not to interrupt these things!

Sorry this was a lot more words than I thought I'd write. Good thing I didn't start writing it on mobile like I thought of doing earlier. There's a surprising amount of planning that I put into this LP even though there's really not that many choices to be made overall. It's all just me trying to figure out the best way to make the LP a worthwhile experience for the reader.

Oh and to also try and subvert expectations at every turn because it's a lot of fun to read everyone's reactions to stuff too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The thing is you have to talk with Nagito before he revels what he is really like as after that point the mc (forget his name right now) basically says "gently caress trying to get to know this lunatic."

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
don't be this is a real good LP
(your VLDC9 videos were a real good LP too)

It's a testament to this game's charm that I'm sick of the bad sex jokes and the constant "I know whats going on but I won't say a word!" characters keep pulling but I keep on :f5:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: It's obviously not under him and he's not gonna be holding the spear by anything other than the cord.

> Above Nagito

: This Logic Dive introduces these red diamonds. They move back and forth horizontally and get in your way.

: They can also pair up. They're not too hard to avoid but that won't stop me from smashing my face into them occasionally!

: The plushie was cast aside so let's ignore that. But we did find a girder above Nagito that seemed to have blood on it...

> A ceiling girder

: If the spear had to be above Nagito and the girder was there too, it stands to reason that the cord was wrapped around the girder and it was used to dangle the spear above Nagito.

> The spear's cord.

: Watch out for the diamonds and speed boosters at the end!

: And that's that.

: The spear impaled Nagito as he was laying face-up... It must've been perpendicular to him just before that.
: Perpendicular...in the middle of the air?
: If Nagito did that all by himself... Did he have some sort of ESP?
: That'd be awesome but...he probably used the ceiling girder directly above him.
: Nagito probably slung the cord over the ceiling girder, and using that as a support he hoisted the spear directly above him.

: And if Nagito let go of the cord...the spear would've fallen and impaled him while he was laying face-up.
: I noticed a slight red streak on the ceiling girder. It probably got smeared there during the setup.

: The blood on the cord probably rubbed off on the ceiling girder as the spear was falling.
: ...So how about it? Using this method, Nagito could've impaled himself with the spear.

: Are you serious...? He...really committed suicide...like that...?
: He...probably chose that spear so he could commit suicide like that. If someone else did this... There's no reason they'd go to all this trouble just to kill someone with a spear.
: I agree... When I was investigating this case, I kept thinking over and over how strange it was. Why did the killer use the knife and the spear so differently...?
: So you're sayin' he needed to use that spear to pull off his trick...
: Then...this is for real...? He really...committed suicide?

: Every single wound on his body... That was all him!?

: Not just that...he did all that while he was gripping the spear...?

: That spear should not have stabbed Nagito until the very end... Which means Nagito wounded himself while he was gripping that spear, right?
: ...Did he put the duct tape on his mouth, too?
: He probably covered his own mouth so we wouldn't hear him screaming in pain.
: D-Did he need to go that far...? Th-That's beyond crazy! Why would he do that to himself!?

: He was probably...trying to get us to make a mistake... By committing a suicide that looked like a murder, he was trying to steer us toward the wrong answer...
: His goal...was to get us all executed!
: A-And that's why...he stabbed himself over and over again...?

: Did he want us to die that bad!?
: That's messed up... That's seriously so messed up...
: Yeah...that's our Nagito...

Jeez...and I was starting to feel a little sympathetic toward him... How stupid of me...

I completely underestimated his capacity for malice... A mind-boggling malice that threatens us even after he's died... That's the form his malice took. I had forgotten all about it until now...

If he was here now...he'd probably be sneering at me.

: However...there is one thing I still do not understand. He said he would "reveal the traitor," right? Whatever became of that...?
: He was probably...planning to kill the traitor along with the rest of us...!
: So why did he not just do that in the first place? If he had no qualms with killing everyone, he did not have to cause a bomb scare to reveal the traitor...

: I bet the bomb scare was part of the strategy behind this trick... He made us split up and search for a bomb so none of us would have an alibi.
: He created a scenario where any of us could've killed him!
: He tried to make us doubt each other...and tried to hide the truth behind his suicide.
: Did he cause a bomb scare...for that reason alone?
: He's a loving bastard who killed himself for his delusions of grandeur! It's not that unthinkable...!
: You...are right, I suppose...

: Yeah, it appears we've come to a conclusion... That bastard Nagito committed suicide. It was all done by him so we'd be executed.
: Hmm, that should be okay, right...? Right...?
: Wh-What...? You're not satisfied yet?

: No, I agree that Nagito killed himself but...I feel like there's somethin' that doesn't make sense...
: ...It's prolly just my imagination.

Why...? I mean...I sort of understand what she's talking about... I don't think it's a mistake to assume that Nagito committed suicide, but...

Why do I feel so uneasy about it...? Is it because we don't know who the traitor is? Or...

: So what're you gonna do? Is it okay to proceed with the voting time?
: What do you think, Akane?
: Well, there's no doubt Nagito's death was a suicide... Oh well, I guess my gut is wrong sometimes.
: You are right... It is not as though we can draw any other conclusion.

: Then...it's okay to end it here, huh?
: That means we're done with this last class trial... And we can leave this island, right?
: It's okay to reach such a happy ending, right!?
: Then it's okay? It's okay to say...you've decided on the killer?

: Understood. Then voting ti--

Music cuts out.

: ...No, hold on a sec.
: ...Nngrggh!

: H-Hold on...? Why?

: Sorry... Just a little more...I want you guys to wait just a little more... I can't help but feel like...there's still something we overlooked.
: Like who the traitor is...?
: But the issue here is who killed Nagito, right? Even if we identify the traitor, the conclusion won't change.
: That's...true, but...

: ...The mystery isn't just about who the traitor is.

...Huh?

: No matter how you look at it, Nagito's death is a suicide...but...
: I'm a little worried, you know. I'm worried about starting the voting time while there's still a mystery.
: H-Hey...whaddya mean it's not about who the traitor is? What kinda mystery is left?

: There's just one thing that doesn't make sense, and it relates to Nagito's death... Plus...it's something even Nagito couldn't influence... He couldn't even tamper with the evidence for it...

Something related to Nagito's death...and it's something that even he couldn't have messed with...

: Y-You're gonna keep going...? And here I thought we were finally finished...

Um... Something related to Nagito's death... A piece of evidence that even he couldn't mess with...

: The only thing that Nagito couldn't have messed with...

: ...is the evidence that was created by someone else and given to us after he died.

> Present Monokuma File #5

: Is it about...the Monokuma File?
: Yeah...that's it...
: Huh? There was something suspicious in the Monokuma File?

-The victim is Nagito Komaeda.

-His body was discovered inside the warehouse near the Monokuma Plushie Factory.

-The estimated time of death is believed to be noon sharp.

-Not only is there a spear stabbed in his stomach, there are multiple stab wounds on each of his thighs.

-Furthermore, there is a laceration on his left arm and a knife impaled through his right hand.

The suspicious part of the Monokuma File that Chiaki is worried about is...

What is it? What's hidden in the Monokuma File?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hmm. The graphic on the case file shows an injury on his left hand too, even though we've seen nothing of the sort. That's the only thing I can see that doesn't add up.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

FPzero posted:

: Yeah...that's our Nagito...

:laffo:

Q: Who could have possibly done this to Komaeda? Who could have done anything so horribly cruel and hosed-up??
A: Komaeda :v:

I love this chapter so much.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
...Is it the time? Noon sharp... was that when they started to bust the door in?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That's what stands out is the mark on the left hand, and it's a very strange mistake for the mastermind to make.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 18, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Stephen9001 posted:

...Is it the time? Noon sharp... was that when they started to bust the door in?

Noon is when Chiaki swiped her student card to stop the "bomb", iirc. People earlier in the thread mentioned that as a potential plot point, as the game went out of its way to mention the time

e: No, I'm wrong - it was a bit before noon that she swiped her card. It happens in this post, and afterwards Hajime comments on how there's still a little time before noon after Chiaki swipes her card. After that they rush to the warehouse to find Nagito. The fire didn't kill him, he was dead by then. Never mind, I'm on the wrong track.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 18, 2018

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Could it be that Nagito's cause of death isn't listed in the file, even though it appears obvious?

Anyway, I still do not believe that this is a ploy to get the traitor and ONLY the traitor killed by execution for unintentionally murdering Nagito.

If someone disagrees, then I've got a friendly challenge: here are the truth bullets. Can someone show me which one of those proves, beyond a doubt, that the traitor directly killed Nagito?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 18, 2018

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Could it be that Nagito's cause of death isn't listed in the file, even though it appears obvious?

I still do not believe that this is a ploy to get the traitor and ONLY the traitor killed by execution for unintentionally murdering Nagito.

If you disagree, here are the truth bullets. Show me which one of those proves, beyond a doubt, that the traitor directly killed Nagito.

Uh, idk if you noticed, but I edited my post, so I don't know why you're being so hostile

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

eating only apples posted:

Uh, idk if you noticed, but I edited my post, so I don't know why you're being so hostile

Apologies, I should have made it clear that I wasn't addressing you in particular. And the intent isn't even meant to be hostile, but a challenge. I have edited my post as well to rephrase. And your edited post does actually back up the idea that it wasn't anything Chiaki did.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 18, 2018

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm guessing the issue is that it doesn't directly say the spear was the cause of death, although I'm too lazy to dig up the other victims' files and see if they all explicitly list the causes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zoe posted:

I'm guessing the issue is that it doesn't directly say the spear was the cause of death, although I'm too lazy to dig up the other victims' files and see if they all explicitly list the causes.

Just to back this up, here is what each data pad said about the victim for the respective case.

1st trial:

-The victim was repeatedly stabbed over ten times between the throat and abdominal region, resulting in death.

2nd trial:

-The cause of death is a single killing blow to the head with a blunt instrument.

3rd trial:

-Ibuki Mioda's cause of death was a crushed windpipe as a result of choking. There are no other external injuries.

-Hiyoko Saionji's cause of death was blood loss due to her throat being slit by a sharp-edged tool... It appears her death was instant.

4th trial:

-His head is severely damaged and beyond repair, so that shall be considered the cause of death.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The issue is that the poison card hasn't been played yet, and that's certainly got something to do with the whole shebang.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Anyway, I still do not believe that this is a ploy to get the traitor and ONLY the traitor killed by execution for unintentionally murdering Nagito.

No, but I have a better suspicion now: supposing Nagito put the poison into one and only one fire grenade. Perhaps he marked it in some way. If he did Monokuma knows who threw it because he records everything.

But we know that inside the school, the traitor apparently also has access to cameras and recording equipment.

If the only way to identify the killer is through equipment that only the traitor can access, then the traitor would be forced to reveal herself (or himself, but my guess is on record) in order to prevent everyone from being executed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is such a great trial, the mysteries are so on point

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Ok. This Hangman's Gambit has one major problem and I think I know why.

: For whatever reason, this specific gambit spawns an absolute ton of letter pairs all over the playing field and does so at a rapid frequency. They also move across the screen extremely fast.

: I am convinced it is impossible to beat this gambit without taking any damage. There's just no way to avoid all the collisions that occur without any way for you to stop them. Like, just take a peek at the video and watch how even with maxed out Focus Meter, the Delusion skill healing my mistakes and knowing what the phrase is ahead of time I still have a very difficult time doing this one.

: My guess is that in Japanese this gambit is looking for a very small word that only needs 3-4 characters instead of a 3-word phrase that's 12 letters long and made up of 10 unique letters. Hence in Japanese, the speed and frequency probably make for a challenge instead of an impossible task.
: God this minigame is bad.

> CAUSE OF DEATH

: In this particular case's Monokuma File...there's no specific cause of death.

-Not only is there a spear stabbed in his stomach, there are multiple stab wounds on each of his thighs.

-Furthermore, there is a laceration on his left arm and a knife impaled through his right hand.

: Isn't that weird? Until now, the files always specified the cause of death...
: But...the cause of death is obvious, is it not?

: The spear in Nagito's stomach... Is it obvious just by looking at it that it was the cause of death.

: Maybe it's not included if it's not important enough to write about.
: Well, Monokuma?
: I plead the fif!
: There he goes again... I'm so appalled that I have nothing to say!

: But even during Gundham's case, and before during Mikan's case, the thing he purposely omitted from the Monokuma File was always the most important mystery in the case.
: Are you saying...that applies this time, too?
: H-Hold on a sec... Then...are you saying there's more to Nagito's death?

: Are you suggesting *again* that his death wasn't a suicide!?
: Y-You guys were the ones who said it was a suicide in the first place!
: No...I don't think it's a mistake to call Nagito's death a suicide, but...it's not *just* a suicide...

Music cuts out.

: ...Come to think of it...

: Did Nagito really...really commit suicide just to get us all killed...?
: Are you stickin' up for him!?
: That's not what I meant... I mean it in a bad sense.
: ...Bad sense?

: I just remembered that his malice always defied our expectations...and that concerns me. For example, would that malice...just end here?
: Huh...?
: Did Nagito's malice drive him to risk his life for a truth we'd reach *this* easily? I mean...this is Nagito we're talking about, you know?

: Puhuhu...how interesting... You sure do believe in Nagito, huh?
: Because you believe in his malice, you continue to suspect his malice... I see... I guess that's what passes for friendship these days!
: Wh-What friendship...!?

: What should we do, you guys? Should we proceed with the vote? I think we should keep going until everyone is satisfied. Even if it's just to be safe...

: You are right... We only get one chance to vote, after all...
: ...Just to be safe, huh?

: Tch, guess I have no choice... If that's the case, I'll do my best to go along with it.
: This is friggin' annoying...

: But if you guys say you're doing it, there's no way I'm gonna back out!

: Hey Monokuma! You heard us, the voting's gonna hafta wait!

: We've come this far, let's work hard till the very end. If we work together...everything should be all right. ...That's what I believe.
: Awwwwwww... Splendid... You guys are so splendid right now...

: That's right! If all your hopes are united, no despair can shake you!

"If all your hopes are united, no despair can shake you", huh...

...Now that I think about it, Nagito said the same thing.

"The absolute hope that can overcome any despair"... He said he was yearning for that...

Then, this situation we're in...might be the thing that Nagito wanted all along...

...No, never mind. I'm probably...overthinking.

: Puhuhuhuhuhuhu...

: Man, my heart was racing like crazy when I thought the voting time was gonna start but... Well, if you think about it rationally, there's no way it was gonna happen. We haven't done this bit yet. Most of the players probably figured that out too. You're the only one who didn't know.
: ...Isn't that right, Monomi?
: Hey, how much longer are you planning to sulk? Let's get along like we always do.
: All right, you passed! Friendship is measured by how long you can stand the silence when you're all alone with someone else. Sooooo, Monomi and I are the bestest of best friends!
: Don't say such stupid things... I...I hate you so much right now...
: Enough! Why do I have to be hated that much!?
: Besides the fact that you snap at me like that, I don't trust you at all! Not even a teensy, tiny, 1 millimeter bit!
: How sad... Distrusting your friend is much more shameful than being betrayed by that friend, you know.
: ...We aren't even friends in the first place...
: Than as your older brother, let me say this!
: You're not even my brother!
: It's sad to live a life without friendship! That's even sadder than watching a high school romcom full of guys!
: Well...there may be some demands for that...
: Ha-wa-wa! I fell for it! I totally took the manbait!

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

DR2 characters: We all believe in Nagito - Nagito's ability to be a complete jerk that is.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
I love that the trial hinges entirely on "Come on, do you really think that bastard is done loving with us yet?"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I mean, to be fair, setting up an elaborate bomb scare just to kill himself and make everyone doubt their alibi is kinda weak for a guy who has made no attempt to remind everyone that he's the smartest person in the room every time he's onscreen.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I like the idea from earlier in the thread that Monomi isn't deliberately sulking, her controller just has something better to do right now.

Welcome to Despair is a really neat track. It was in the first game too, right?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

I like the idea from earlier in the thread that Monomi isn't deliberately sulking, her controller just has something better to do right now.

Quick, which of the characters we've seen would be the most likely to have an evil(er) twin?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Welcome to Despair is a really neat track. It was in the first game too, right?

Yeah, it is. Any track that is prefaced with "RE:" is a repeat from the first game. And yeah it's a good track. The music in this game is so good.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
It will be REALLY unsatisfying if Nagito manages to murder someone (via execution) after he's dead. I'll feel like he didn't suffer enough.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zoe posted:

Quick, which of the characters we've seen would be the most likely to have an evil(er) twin?

Sonia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Not Steve
Sep 3, 2011

FPzero posted:

: Ok. This Hangman's Gambit has one major problem and I think I know why.

: For whatever reason, this specific gambit spawns an absolute ton of letter pairs all over the playing field and does so at a rapid frequency. They also move across the screen extremely fast.

: I am convinced it is impossible to beat this gambit without taking any damage. There's just no way to avoid all the collisions that occur without any way for you to stop them. Like, just take a peek at the video and watch how even with maxed out Focus Meter, the Delusion skill healing my mistakes and knowing what the phrase is ahead of time I still have a very difficult time doing this one.

: My guess is that in Japanese this gambit is looking for a very small word that only needs 3-4 characters instead of a 3-word phrase that's 12 letters long and made up of 10 unique letters. Hence in Japanese, the speed and frequency probably make for a challenge instead of an impossible task.

Yep - the Japanese answer is only 3 characters: しいん. I have no idea why they wouldn’t change the speed to compensate for the longer answer.

• Locked thread