Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Alehkhs posted:

I'm not sure why Tikorn would have so many, since I only answered one question; Albrecht's. :confused:

For me, it will be Xíe. Tell me warrior, what did you discover in this man of the waves when stood aboard his ship?

You're right, my bad! Switched it back to you--highlight one of mine. Sorry for the confusion.

I saw that the captain was sharp, a keen eye and a cool understanding. Another would have lost many men to me in a futile attempt to keep something worth less to him than their lives. He saw the storm that is Xíe, Who Walks Again coming, and let it pass on its way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Tikorn for me, unless someone wants to grab the prettiest/smartest one.

O poo poo, pentaviso is definitely the prettiest. Highlight hard.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Got it. And my bad again, I got crossed up by character names. Fighting a migraine today.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Tikorn

LogicNinja posted:

All right. Tikorn, pick me a highlighted stat.

Xíe? The soaking ghost I faced across my own deck stands before me again! And I'm not certain if I'm any less uneasy to see them now in the light. I don't mean she's rough on the eyes - no sir - but the way she moves draws your eye whether you want to look or not. Like a cat: Muscle sliding over muscle. The power can be perceived, but the true motivation and potential stays beneath the surface. For now. I'll need to keep an eye on this one. [Highlight Cool]

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 19, 2018

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Captain Foo posted:

Pentaviso
Albrecht, what about me has got your eye today?

The way you watch people.
I can tell who is a fighter or a coward, who will stand and who will run, who to press and who to placate.
But I suspect you see so much more.
(Highlight Sharp)

Tikorn, if you can tear yourself from whatever you're wasting your time with, a stat?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Sax Battler posted:

The way you watch people.
I can tell who is a fighter or a coward, who will stand and who will run, who to press and who to placate.
But I suspect you see so much more.
(Highlight Sharp)

Tikorn, if you can tear yourself from whatever you're wasting your time with, a stat?

I've never met Albrecht Donnerfeldt face-to-face, but I hear the man cursed my name when I took the Amphosie from his docks at Broken Tooth. As a fellow man looking out for others in his charge - many more than my small crew, and half again as disciplined - I'm certain his mind lies on matters beyond my petty past trespass. To keep charge of such a squabbling mass of a settlement... he must either be an extraordinarily patient man, or - I suspect - a cold and imposing one. [Highlight Hard]

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 19, 2018

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
I think that's everyone and qiggy gets to highlight a Stat for each of us now.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LogicNinja posted:

I think that's everyone and qiggy gets to highlight a Stat for each of us now.

That's right!

Albrecht Donnerfeldt, to run a society, you need to know when to be hard, but you must always play it smart. Stay Sharp, and your people will love you.

Pentaviso, your life is about to get much more interesting, and the only way you will survive is to tap into the Weird side of things.

Xíe, the time will soon come in which you must make life or death decisions. In those times, you must always be Hard.

Tikorn, those sailors will not love you forever. Remain Hard or risk a mutiny.

Siroko, if you are to get this revenge you so desperately crave, you cannot act rashly. Stay Cool and wait for the right moment to strike.
Siroko, you can't win if you don't prepare. Keep your wits about you and stay Sharp.

In-game thread will be up tonight.

quiggy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 19, 2018

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

quiggy posted:

Siroko, if you are to get this revenge you so desperately crave, you cannot act rashly. Stay Cool and wait for the right moment to strike.

Question - Siroko has "Battle-hardened: when you go into danger, roll+hard instead of roll+cool. When you bait a trap, hunt prey, or escape a hunter, roll+hard instead of roll+cool." That basically eliminates the opportunity to roll +cool since that's most of the moves that use it. How's that work with the highlighting?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LogicNinja posted:

Question - Siroko has "Battle-hardened: when you go into danger, roll+hard instead of roll+cool. When you bait a trap, hunt prey, or escape a hunter, roll+hard instead of roll+cool." That basically eliminates the opportunity to roll +cool since that's most of the moves that use it. How's that work with the highlighting?

Ah poo poo I totally missed that. I'll repick it :angel:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I hate to say it but Foo already highlighted Hard.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I hate to say it but Foo already highlighted Hard.

well this is off to an auspicious start

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

quiggy posted:

well this is off to an auspicious start
I've been in maybe one PbtA with highlights where this didn't happen it was just my turn this round ;)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I've been in maybe one PbtA with highlights where this didn't happen it was just my turn this round ;)

LOOK THERE'S A LOT TO KEEP TRACK OF OK

Anyways I highlighted Sharp for you, I think that should cover all this bullshit, first post should be up inside of like two hours or so.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

quiggy posted:

LOOK THERE'S A LOT TO KEEP TRACK OF OK

Anyways I highlighted Sharp for you, I think that should cover all this bullshit, first post should be up inside of like two hours or so.
Got it.

Also sorry, I just meant don't worry about it because it's just one of those things because it is a bunch to keep track of. I've done it to someone myself in every AW game I've run.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

You're totally cool :)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The veil of Death is lifted.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Cool, cool cool cool! And I've failed a roll already. 1 keep spent (Prison's no luxury).

Small request--could you link the OOC thread in the IC thread, so we can get to our sheets easier?

edit: oh, it's already in there, "five of the dead". My bad!

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 20, 2018

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

LogicNinja posted:

Cool, cool cool cool! And I've failed a roll already. 1 keep spent (Prison's no luxury).

Small request--could you link the OOC thread in the IC thread, so we can get to our sheets easier?

edit: oh, it's already in there, "five of the dead". My bad!

This actually isn't a charged situation, you don't need to roll at all.

Also pay your keep.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

quiggy posted:

This actually isn't a charged situation, you don't need to roll at all.
Seemed charged! I guess the threat isn't so imminent.

Updated the Keep it on the sheet, I'll add it to the IC post too.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

🙌

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Two quick notes on the NPC list:
  • Woyet Orkel died (in this world) a couple of years ago. His daughter Cerlen would likely still be working for him otherwise.
  • Captain Earit was Tikorn's captain in the old world. Tikorn served under him as a crewman until their ship was sunk in the battle against Botentin's fleet.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

So are we doing first person? I can switch to first person.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

Two quick notes on the NPC list:
  • Woyet Orkel died (in this world) a couple of years ago. His daughter Cerlen would likely still be working for him otherwise.
  • Captain Earit was Tikorn's captain in the old world. Tikorn served under him as a crewman until their ship was sunk in the battle against Botentin's fleet.

Fixed, sorry about that :)

LogicNinja posted:

So are we doing first person? I can switch to first person.

Yeah go for first person imo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

@LogicNinja

I would rule that most likely this is Seduce or Manipulate Someone, so roll+Hot.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

quiggy posted:

@LogicNinja

I would rule that most likely this is Seduce or Manipulate Someone, so roll+Hot.

That puts it at a 10.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
quiggy

I guess my third question is going to be "what’s my enemy’s true position?," and I plan to take a +1 for acting on it (and another +1 for acting on one of the other questions on a different roll) with the assumption that I'll receive a general spatial awareness of the threat as an answer. Should I post asking that question, and then another post after the answer with the rolled action? Or just roll with the question and the +1 in a single post?

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 23, 2018

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

quiggy

I guess my third question is going to be "what’s my enemy’s true position?," and I plan to take a +1 for acting on it (and another +1 for acting on one of the other questions on a different roll) with the assumption that I'll receive a general spatial awareness of the threat as an answer. Should I post asking that question, and then another post after the answer with the rolled action? Or just roll with the question and the +1 in a single post?

Do whichever makes more sense to you/flows better, imo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

@Comrade Gorbash

Whether you roll or not depends on what you're trying to do. If you're looking to get him to do something specific, name the thing, give him a reason to do it, and roll Seduce or Manipulate Someone. If you're trying to get a bead on him, roll Read a Person. If you're just trying to piss him off, that's not a roll.

(Also incidentally re: Xie's Seduce or Manipulate roll, I should have demanded a reason for the guard to do what Xie wanted, but didn't. That was a mistake on my part and don't worry about it LogicNinja, but next time I'll make sure I handle the move properly.)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

At this point I'm mostly trying to get his blood up. My main purpose is that this doesn't get to be easy for him, either way.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

At this point I'm mostly trying to get his blood up. My main purpose is that this doesn't get to be easy for him, either way.

Got it. I don't think that's a move, then.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Heading to Broken Tooth and keeping the sword. I'm imagining essentially an arming sword, is that about right?

This is what I had been thinking as well, Gorbash.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Alright, I think I know kinda how it works, but I want to double check for this combat:
  • Should be "Single Combat," yeah? So then will be a 2d6+Hard
  • I have 1 armor
  • My battle-axe is "deadly: on the field," so that's 3 harm
  • I am also mounted against an unmounted foe, so that's another 1 harm (4 harm total) and an equivalence of another 1 armor (2 armor total, to be subtracted from harm inflicted upon me)

Is that how this goes, quiggy?

I think I could potentially take "Fight to hold your enemies off" again as well, and select "You seize a fleeting opportunity and strike an enemy within reach, inflicting harm," but I'm not sure how that works regarding harm against myself.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

Alright, I think I know kinda how it works, but I want to double check for this combat:
  • Should be "Single Combat," yeah? So then will be a 2d6+Hard
  • I have 1 armor
  • My battle-axe is "deadly: on the field," so that's 3 harm
  • I am also mounted against an unmounted foe, so that's another 1 harm (4 harm total) and an equivalence of another 1 armor (2 armor total, to be subtracted from harm inflicted upon me)

Is that how this goes, quiggy?

I think I could potentially take "Fight to hold your enemies off" again as well, and select "You seize a fleeting opportunity and strike an enemy within reach, inflicting harm," but I'm not sure how that works regarding harm against myself.

The golem is technically unmounted but because of size I'm gonna say that it basically counts as mounted, so no +1/-1 there. Provided you're engaging the golem directly, that's roll+hard for Single Combat, 3-harm for deadly range on your axe. Any harm the golem inflicts will be subtracted by 1 for your 1-armor, and obviously any harm you deal will be mitigated in part by the golem's natural stone armor.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Also Sax Battler are you still around?

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Hey, sorry for the absence, making a post now.

Got real busy for a while, but it's cleared up.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sax Battler posted:

Hey, sorry for the absence, making a post now.

Got real busy for a while, but it's cleared up.

It's ok! Just wanted to know whether or not I should wait for your post.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Oof. I assume the 2 harm I suffered was after the subtractions for armor and "suffer little harm (-1 harm)"? drat pile of rocks. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Alehkhs posted:

Oof. I assume the 2 harm I suffered was after the subtractions for armor and "suffer little harm (-1 harm)"? drat pile of rocks. :argh:

Correct.

• Locked thread