Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_YttTszO44

not related to anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Results are in your character sheets! :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Guerrero

quote:

Pushing back into Mexican territory, the fighting takes to the streets. The tighter quarters favor those used to urban brawls, while those who long for the open sky are at a loss.
Universal Effect: All Bruisers have +1 to their offensive abilities, while all Ranchers have -1 to their offensive abilities.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Anidav		Bifauxnen	Tired Moritz	busb
Drunk Nerds	Mithross

Murmur Twin	Truth Quark	Your Personal Muse
Kashuno		Tobbs Gnawed	Flying Leatherman
		DdN
:cheers: Battle phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle actions is ~8.5 hours from now, 8:30 PM ET Friday. :cheers:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Wow I can't believe the thread wasn't even closed!! It's like why bother when texas is getting poo poo on so drat hard amirite

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Once again the armies came to Guerrero, and once more the locals took cover before the two forces clashed. They gathered what simple possessions they could with practiced panic, making for the hills and caverns nearby. From there, they waited and watched for the carnage to subside - knowing that the outcome meant little to them, in the end.

No matter the outcome of this war, everyone knew that Guerrero would never be the same again - just like anything touched by the power of Shine.

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES
:clint: :siren: No one died! :siren: :clint:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES
:ese: :siren: No one died! :siren: :ese:

:siren: THE BATTLE ENDS IN A DRAW! :siren:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

...But that's not all that was waiting for their return.

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES

quote:

YOU CAN'T HELP IT, YOU JUST GET SO ANGRY SOMETIMES. People say you've got a drinking problem, BUT YOU LIKE TO THINK OF IT AS MORE OF A DRINKING SOLUTION TO DEAL WITH THE ANNOYING PEOPLE TELLING YOU ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS. Sure, the cleanup gets a little messy afterwards. BUT THE PEACE AND QUIET IS SO GOOD.
:rip: Venom Soag, aka Leandro, TOWN-aligned Heavy, was killed at home on Night 6! :rip:

Day 7 starts now. Deadline is 8pm ET on Sunday 21-JAN-2018.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 7 :beerpal:

Not Voting (13): Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 13 people still alive, it takes 7 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 21st, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Curious to see if anyone got targeted by the NK.

Also they flipped Venom lmao.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Yes. Also curious to know if there was a NK.

I successfully tracked someone :-D and took no damage, am in perfect health.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I took no damage (still have a tiny bit from the last one I was in), I successfully hit Bif.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

If there was an NK, it did not hit me; I'm still undamaged.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why would they nk soag

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Interesting battle results. What happened in the battle?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gamerofthegame posted:

why would they nk soag

Overwhelming confidence.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
3 scum out of 11 players.

Starting to get scary over there from a vanilla mafia standpoint.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think that's the only answer. Nk-ing a heavy makes no sense otherwise.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Overwhelming confidence.

That's about the only thing that makes sense to me. I'd have figured he was a likely dunk target.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

IllegallySober posted:

That's about the only thing that makes sense to me. I'd have figured he was a likely dunk target.

There's also the possibility that Bif isn't suspicious of any of the scum players, so better to eliminate someone who's weak and let her push another mislynch.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Soag was town? :psyduck:

No NK here, ready to go!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There's also the possibility that Bif isn't suspicious of any of the scum players, so better to eliminate someone who's weak and let her push another mislynch.

I thought Bif was suspicious of almost everybody left besides herself though :sun:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Good work folks. Wasn't sure you had it in you.

Waiting on reports from MMT and YPM.

Also, waiting for everyone who wasn't in battle to check in and confirm NK status.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh, also, Soft Deadline is 24 hours from now. Take note and get your posts/cases/votes in by then.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Oh, also, Soft Deadline is 24 hours from now. Take note and get your posts/cases/votes in by then.

:cheers: If the thread hammers after 24 hours have passed from this post, the lurker rules will kick in regardless of how long it is till actual deadline! :cheers:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I am out celebrating a friends’ birthday tonight so will be mostly away until tomorrow.

I targeted Bif with an attack and got a success message, haven’t checked other thread for results yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also while I wasn’t hurt in battle, I still have that tiny vampire bite. I’m mostly fine though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I can claim what my attack did if KB wants but will leave it up to him.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Flying Leatherman, Kashuno, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse in battle.

Gamerofthegame, IllegallySober, SalTheBard, The Lord of Hats checked in, not NK target.

Still need to hear from Hal Incandenza and Slaan.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I did the thing you asked and I’m Feeling Fine (pretend there is a little tm there)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Is everyone fighting these battles with nerf weapons or something

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs, your track result?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Tobbs, your track result?

YPM targeted Drunk Nerds.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Okie Dokie.

NK check ins still need to happen.

Other than that, get to casing people.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nothing changed for me, not damaged etc

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I wasn't a target of NK.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Reporting in.

I am still crippled as would be expected as slaan got rb'd yesterday. Popped IW as a prelim to avoid being murdered, but stat penalties from injury meant my actual battle ability was not effective (although one of my potential targets has not checked in yet in the other thread I think? Not sure on that.)

Who am I healing today?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:siren:

Heals:

FL heal TQ
Slaan heal FL
IS heal FL

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Also while I wasn’t hurt in battle, I still have that tiny vampire bite. I’m mostly fine though.

BTW, what happened with this?

Murmur Twin posted:

If it helps, I have a healing potion which can probably cover a vampiring.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

KB can *I* have asylum in Mexico?

I'm afraid someone has to be made an example of.

I promise the rest of your folks asylum if they lay down their arms though. :)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Make
Texas
Mexico
Again

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

:siren:

Heals:

FL heal TQ
Slaan heal FL
IS heal FL

Acknowledged.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Phoneposting

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, what happened with this?

Quick clarification: by “healing potion” I meant “first aid kit”. I was phoneposting from memory at the time :350:

Second - the damage from the bite was less damage than the kit could heal, so I decided to hold off on it so as not to be wasteful (plus I used something else yesterday). Admittedly I wasn’t thinking about things like an impetuous buff when I made that call - if you think there’s no time like the present I can do it today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Other than that, get to casing people.

This part is really important.

If you guys want to fob it off and not case and find any last scum, I will of course pick someone out for you to cuddle. I have my own leanings. But if you want to continue having the agency to find the scum that I've given you the last two days, now is the time. We have four flipped scum, a ton of battle results, etc. There is absolutely the information we need in this thread to find the last scum.

• Locked thread