Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Beet Wagon posted:

Citizens are completely unsure which direction to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHoiLclXI2M&t=4985s

This is the point when the mind of a Star Citizen backer, with a law degree, collapses under the weight of the realisation: CIG are screwed, and both your pledges and dreams are lost.

Bouncing between the denial and bargaining phases :lol:

How much are you in for, lawyer-commando?

I lost track of the number of times he said some variation of 'don't worry, this won't cause the company to collapse, nobody is going out of business... *nervous laugh* unless they spend all their money on the lawsuit!'

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

PrimeNerd posted:

So do we have a Goon response to Lemnard's response to CryTek's response to the Motion to Dismiss the First Amended Complaint?

The GrtLrtCrtMtDtFAC if you will?

Mr French is an idiot. CIG is screwed and are completely at the mercy of Crytek, personally I think Crytek should settle for whatever they can get. The issue is that Crytek can't trust anything that CIG says or promises, so it's a battle between Crytek wanting discovery to see how much money is left and CIG trying to settle before discovery as that would completely sink them if it leaks (it will leak).

Also in a dark corner you have a Derek Smart who's drooling and cracking his knuckles on anything that comes close.

AP fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 20, 2018

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016

AP posted:

Mr French is an idiot. CIG is screwed and are completely at the mercy of Crytek, personally I think Crytek should settle for whatever they can get. The issue is that Crytek can't trust anything that CIG says or promises, so it's a battle between Crytek wanting discovery to see how much money is left and CIG trying to settle before discovery as that would completely sink them if it leaks (it will leak).

Where's the Sandi Video of being:

quote:

We're hosed. We're UBER hosed!

When you need it. :sad:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'd also like to say for anyone doubting Derek, on discord we're known about this for weeks/months. Look at the words he used like nonsense & absurd, both present in the response. Grab your balls and admit you were wrong, or don't because this poo poo isn't the end. This isn't even the beginning.

D_Smart posted:

Because I have credible sources, I can safely say that it's as absolutely loving hilarious as it is disastrous for RSI/CIG. And it's coming tomorrow.

I think backers are going to be walking off cliffs when they read the brutal take down of Ortwin over his conflict of interest. Or how they completely shred CIG for their attempt at re-defining the intent of the word "exclusive" as used in 2.1.2. They called it "absurd", and I hear that at least one sentence had the word "nonsense" (a Derek Smart trademark) in it. :D

Tomorrow can't come soon enough, and I have Pacer in an auto-refresh tab already. :grin:

Someone should tell MoMa.

AP fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 20, 2018

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

quote:

Cadets gather for a meal on an Idris messdeck.

I can't even imagine how many times Chris wanted these plates of food refactored.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

PrimeNerd posted:

Where's the Sandi Video of being:
When you need it. :sad:

I got yo back.

Also I honest to God love Dan Gheesling. He is the only person having fun playing the game and he's consistently hilarious.

quote:

DAN (as enthusiastic commander, donner of the shiny gold suit, lord of the WHP): "Look at this, see? Look at how much drag we have going that way. That's just from the de-coupling. So hopefully inertia will.. bring us back to Earth here..."

DAN (imitating the reasonable viewer): "Um, Dan, there's a lot wrong with that statement, both scientifically and factually, what you just said."

Roleplaying as the idiot committed commando works for you, dude. Only a smart guy could make it so funny so often.

Keep doing what you're doing, Dan, defying all odds and actually having fun in the game.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/Schedule-report

quote:

Hello Citizens,

Our developers have completed the reintegration of everything from our 3.0.0 release branch back to our main development branch and resolved all the inevitable merge conflicts that usually arise. This allows our development team to focus on stability and optimization improvements in our main development branch. Teams are set to work on optimizations in various scrum teams, and we’ll be having an overarching direction and drive, with regular discussion and progress checks.

Apart from general gameplay and game code optimization focus, we will look into actor core, weapon, AI & mission as well as vehicle optimizations. Among other things, we aim to remove single frame idle animation from weapons and refactor the interaction system so it doesn’t require animation updates. We’ll also extend the entity component update scheduler to support additional update policies that go in tandem with specific needs on the game code side to make certain updates as fast as possible.

On the engine side, we’ve been working on a telemetry system to capture performance stats on a large scale and allow automated processing of the results. This new system will allows us to get a good grasp on the top issues on a daily basis without massive manual effort. Once this is done, we’ll return to the zone system optimizations (parallel updates) mentioned last year.

The network team continued with the range based update optimizations from last year and will then focus on bind culling (the next step in that series of tasks). This is going to be a bigger change, so it’s going to need help from the game code team to address resulting bugs.

On top of this, we’re adjusting our internal team structure to have smaller, more focused groups working closely together. These teams will be made up of developers from all disciplines that work together on a feature, rather than have disciplines work almost independently on their particular aspect of the feature, before bringing everything together. This should allow for a more streamlined and focused approach to feature development and enable us to hit our intended quarterly release schedule.

Head over to the launcher page and download the 3.0.0 patch to see the universe for yourself. You can also visit our Spectrum thread to leave your feedback.

See you in the ‘Verse (literally),

— The Star Citizen Team

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Virtual Captain posted:

I'm marking Leir III Sandworm as a broken if I can get at least one other editor to sign off on it.

I am glad my shadowy contacts deep in CIG's underbelly could contribute, my friend.

Jason Sextro posted:

Star Citizen will definitely come out and be good if they do this

I hope they do this. I really hope they remove any pretense that backers are "testing" their alpha for them, because that means the MVP is right around the corner.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

lol so when disco is going "oh um its just taking a really long time to get up on youtube guys" he means "oh uh we haven't gotten it back from turbulent, the only company involved in this loving mess that actually does anything. and by anything, I mean absolutely loving everything"

While hilarious, is there any evidence that T-bone is actually severing ties with CIG? I mean if they're doing this much work for them, it should be evident pretty drat quick when they stop.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So as we have all been saying for ages, most of the people at CIG do absolutely nothing aside from make pretty pictures and gain weight

They hire absolutely everything out to other companies

If I goto mcdonalds and buy a burger, do I wait for the guy across the street at A&W to make it, and bring it over to the Mcdonalds counter?

Like gently caress they make a big show of hiring all these people and still hire it out... legal do the needful please

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

I can't even imagine how many times Chris wanted these plates of food refactored.

For all the pain staking fidelity they are going for they sure dont loving have a clue that everyone eats the same poo poo as each other when on a military ship. Unless you are eating rations in which case you get to eat 1 of like 20 exiting options of slop.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

No! Coffee can't all be the same shade of brown! Have you never heard of cream? Now do it again and this time add some different colored coffee mugs too.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
CIG dog has an iron clad hiding spot. Checkmate, Salty Asshats

https://i.imgur.com/nArOQSm.gifv

You're dismissed

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

For all the pain staking fidelity they are going for they sure dont loving have a clue that everyone eats the same poo poo as each other when on a military ship. Unless you are eating rations in which case you get to eat 1 of like 20 exiting options of slop.

Yeah this sticks out like a sore thumb and I have no military experience. Star Citizen verse doesn't have food replicators I thought? Yet this guy puts an empty plate in the microwave.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:reddit: on "games that are close to SC

quote:

I own and have played ED & Space Engineers. Neither are close or competing with the scale. Careers, planet size, amount of content, procedural cities, etc. Some of these games have aspects of SC in them, nothing is trying to tackle the full breadth.

The other two games (Hellion, Angels Fall First) I've heard of, just watched their recent game-play videos and I'm not even going to pretend they're near SC.

Only games that are exactly Star Citizen can be thought of as being "anywhere close" to what SC is trying to achieve. Negative points if they've already achieved it, in fact.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's... a lot of words to say "we got nothin new this time, bye!"

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Leonard French saying this thing is probably going to trial is pretty much the best thing that's happened so far. Citizens are completely unsure which direction to run.

So what you're telling me Frenchman is it comes down to the spirit of the contract?
Hmm.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Having to crawl under the table a couple of times each meal to pick up the condiments that dropped through that slot would get real old real fast

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

That's... a lot of words to say "we got nothin new this time, bye!"

You must have missed the internal restructuring of the teams.

Reorg - the go-to strategy of managers who don't know how to fix a problem but feel like they need to make it look like they are doing something.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Refactor the plates a thousand times. Ask yourself how a spaceship would be designed to operate in conditions without gravity never.

That's imagination.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

r/starcitizen

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-05-2015/jJ90cy.mp4

Derek Smart

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 20, 2018

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Refactor the plates a thousand times. Ask yourself how a spaceship would be designed to operate in conditions without gravity never.

That's imagination.

They would probably do well to take a tour of an actual military vessel to get some idea of concepts like 'stow for sea', 'missile hazards' and 'lighting'.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

My doctor says I'm morbidly obtuse

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm the cadet fresh on board ordering a steak for dinner

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

That's imagination.
Joke's on you, that mustard bottle has gravity goo in it.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Call me crazy but I doubt Crytek want money or any settlement. I suspect that they would be happy to manually remove all Cry code from the CIG cesspit, then bill them for the time.

I am always amazed about the confusion in all this. I have dealt with many sponsorship scenarios and contracts and I can assure you that agents designated as sponsors own your rear end to a certain degree, and this is balanced by the benefits offered from the arrangement. To me it seems Crytek essentially sponsored CIG and CIG is bound to performance obligations. The discount, the exclusivity, the lack of actionable terminations etc seems so similar to the various sponsorship agreements that I have been involved in I don't know what I am missing or everyone else is.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

AP posted:

I'd also like to say for anyone doubting Derek, on discord we're known about this for weeks/months. Look at the words he used like nonsense & absurd, both present in the response. Grab your balls and admit you were wrong, or don't because this poo poo isn't the end. This isn't even the beginning.

Derek Smart was... right.

:negative:

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Blue On Blue posted:

I'm the cadet fresh on board ordering a steak for dinner

--don't bother telling me your name, see if you can survive the assblasting our cafeteria food will give you first.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Beet Wagon posted:

:reddit: on "games that are close to SC

Only games that are exactly Star Citizen can be thought of as being "anywhere close" to what SC is trying to achieve. Negative points if they've already achieved it, in fact.

Their propensity to do a direct comparison between Star Citizen as promised, versus every other game as already delivered, is breathtaking. :allears:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

'We're going to be holding a lot more meetings, so dev time will be reduced by a factor of two. This will improve development time.'

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

tooterfish posted:

Joke's on you, that mustard bottle has gravity goo in it.

I'm sitting here drinking hot coco under a blanket FUMING over the shape of a mustard bottle.

Truly this is defeat.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Or plans for Squadron 42 to be "three separate games" in and of themselves. Or CIGs plans to limit players to just the first 1/3rd of the full Squadron 42 experience.

Basically CIG is mega hosed by their own doing. Like always.

I almost hope that they bring in CIGs YouTube videos as evidence and have the jury and judge listen and watch Chris Roberts and his team of qualified game developers win Skaddens case for them.

They would just need to play the video, wait for it to end, then do a hand motion to it and shrug and sit down again. CIGs worst enemy has always been CIG, both in game development and now probably legal matters.

And the hilarious part here is the elephant in the room of: all they had to do was develop loving Freelancer 2 with new graphics.

How, how could you have hosed that up into huge legal controversy and years of failure and almost zero loving progress???

When I think about it, I just... :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

downout posted:

'We're going to be holding a lot more meetings, so dev time will be reduced by a factor of two. This will improve development time.'

When you add in the different time zones of the offices that makes it a 75% reduction in time

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

Skadden, find the worm.

*Sandworm cutscene plays twice*

Apparently not prerendered

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

What kind of barbarian uses a three-tined fork?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

thatguy posted:

Multiple people/organizations racing towards discovery is my perfect comedic scenario.

I’m thinking if there are other people seeking to do legal action, they may increase their attention to the matter now.

This may become a race to see who can get to CIGs money before the first law firm gets their grubby paws all up in their currency.

There’s probably not many lawyers out there better than the Skadden team for this, but if one of them involves a government agency it might get to home base first.

“Getting to CIGs money” may be the only race somebody involved with Star Citizen wins a prize for.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

I made a thing.
For posterity.
Might come in useful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

AP posted:

It's really weird that the timeline of Derek Smart knowing something exists is so important to you.