Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission
found this BIS build for Cloud, get ready for the new meta

https://7starshadow.tumblr.com/post/168759604343/best-in-slot-cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So is enhanced Ramza superior to Roy? I was so stoked to pull a roy off banner that I almost don't want to sit him even with a better option but I'm not sure if that's the case

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

a penus posted:

found this BIS build for Cloud, get ready for the new meta

https://7starshadow.tumblr.com/post/168759604343/best-in-slot-cloud

Not seen: hidden 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th weapons

Edit:

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So is enhanced Ramza superior to Roy? I was so stoked to pull a roy off banner that I almost don't want to sit him even with a better option but I'm not sure if that's the case

Roy is better in most situations, especially if you max his LB.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Awesome thanks. It kinda looks like Ramza gets to the 100% boost faster but Roy can do way more and has a AoE break so yeah ill prob stick with my boy I call Roy. Also I appreciate seeing his entourage afterwards which is clearly a big plus for him

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well I don't need to solo LGD because I only drew Vayne.

Vayne seems okay. He's got... Meditate and Embolden with additional effects, Barusa's MAG and PHYS damage reduction skills with additional followup attacks the next turn if you want them, and a LB which breaks ATK/MAG and allows a 40% all damage reduction move the next turn.

So, he's some kind of... buffmonk? He can keep a tank alive, that's for sure.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Awesome thanks. It kinda looks like Ramza gets to the 100% boost faster but Roy can do way more and has a AoE break so yeah ill prob stick with my boy I call Roy. Also I appreciate seeing his entourage afterwards which is clearly a big plus for him

To be fair, one of the situations where Ramza out-shines Roy is when you can apply MAG/ATK breaks on the boss. Someone else in this thread did the math but the effect of having 60% on those individual breaks is kind of massive compared to Roy's 45% breaks, so much so that it's worth using those single breaks before Ramza goes into Song mode. But if you don't cannot apply those breaks to begin with then Roy will be just plain better with his LB song or final song.

Also I think this is the first event where pulling either of the 5* units will make the whole thing trivial for me. I'd make Basch a Magic Cover + Provoke tank to soak up everything while using someone like Onion Knight to do the wetwork. Or if I get Balthier I'll just turn two of my other bonus units into Pod chainers and just put Olive's BiS TDH gear on him and nuke everything. And yet I'm really hesitant to spend more tickets on it since I know I need to start saving for Sephiroth/Lila at some point.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 19, 2018

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So this solo LGD TT, I set it up and it seemed to work perfectly, it just takes forever, right? Or am I doing it wrong?

Edit: did it a second time and it went much faster, weird. Not fast or anything, but not slow this time.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 19, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Mine does. She's only rocking about 700 mag and the last boss usually takes a good 7-8 rounds to kill minimum.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got mana drained the first time, that will certainly slow things down. Switched Ifrit out for Ramuh so I can osmose if it happens again. Puts me at only 90% FR, but it wasn't an issue with decent spirit.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does your T Terra need to be enhanced to solo LGD?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Does your T Terra need to be enhanced to solo LGD?

One of her enhancements gives her +20% HP which is helpful for the attacks she can't cheese and +30% fire resistance which makes it easier to hit or get close enough to fire immunity that the final boss can't kill you. I wouldn't call them essential if you can make up for them but it'll help. Plus a stronger Magical Activation and Chaos Wave will help speed up the whole process.

The key parts are fire immunity, or close to (final boss uses a lot of fire attacks), 100% evade (everything has a few physical attacks) and sleep immunity (so you don't lose your 100% evade). Mechanical Heart helps too for the few attacks you can't cheese, especially if you don't have 100% fire immunity or evade.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

7ish lgd runs and only 1 without bonus mobs...seems decent. Should knock out needs real quick so I can go back to tmr afking.

Can rock it pretty quick with 2x orlandu

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

My TT also set up for soloing LGD, that chocobo can be a nightmare if he uses choco meteor twice in one turn though.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
10 tickets, a 4* ticket and all I got was one Larsa.

This is going to be a long, slow event. :smith:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Acelerion posted:

7ish lgd runs and only 1 without bonus mobs...seems decent. Should knock out needs real quick so I can go back to tmr afking.

Can rock it pretty quick with 2x orlandu

Apparently you are getting all my bonus monsters, because I've done about that many runs with 0 bonus monsters.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Khisanth Magus posted:

Apparently you are getting all my bonus monsters, because I've done about that many runs with 0 bonus monsters.

Yeah, maybe I just haven't figured out easy mode for LGD, but so far ELT has a better award-to-effort ratio for me so far. I think I'll just cruise ELT.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That evade TT strat is dope, thanks thread.

edit - Here's the custom FFBE Equip formula if you wanna build based on your own gear:

M_DAMAGE; R_SLEEP > 100; R_FIRE > 100; P_EVADE > 100

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 20, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
(me trying for Basch since I don't have a magic cover tank and Basch is obscenely good)
Dana - Today at 10:50 AM
gently caress it, may as well spend all my lapis, just so they can announce VP banner next week to really crush my spirit

Alim/Gumi - Today
WE GOT YOU COVERED BRO

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

(me trying for Basch since I don't have a magic cover tank and Basch is obscenely good)
Dana - Today at 10:50 AM
gently caress it, may as well spend all my lapis, just so they can announce VP banner next week to really crush my spirit

Alim/Gumi - Today
WE GOT YOU COVERED BRO

Another crossover we won't get.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

It's ok friend, I've been trading the last 40 straight blue pulls for better odds on the mog events

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

NinjaDebugger posted:

Another crossover we won't get.

Yeah, I look forward to not getting that crossover

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
It was in the leaks, so I really don't see why we wouldn't.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Arngrim merits five stars? Um, Okay. I think there were many, many characters better than him. I guess because him and Jelinda were starter characters...

Is that other guy Lenneth's human boyfriend? It's been a long long time since I've played that game...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Arngrim merits five stars? Um, Okay. I think there were many, many characters better than him. I guess because him and Jelinda were starter characters...

Is that other guy Lenneth's human boyfriend? It's been a long long time since I've played that game...

Best guesses are saying that he's going to be the Raid Milestone 5* unit. Like Marquis De Leon in the DQ raid. And yeah, Lucian was her boyfriend. I woulda preferred Lezard, but eh.

e: Also Arngrim played a pretty important recurring role in VP games so it's not unusual.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well, my Trance Terra can't even get me through the first fight of LGD, so I think it's grinding the lower difficulties for me.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So is there even a point to even doing LGD after the 1st time getting everything? The amount of currency is insignificant if not less than what I get if I do ELT more, like its only 200 more for 15 more energy. Plus the Mobs have a dumb amount of Health to chew through.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
LGD has a higher chance of encountering rare mobs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I used some tickets and got two larsa and a vayne. I can two man pro with some of my regular crew. Gets a good haul of almost 700 tokens per. Then I got the rare mons you've been talking about... 4k tokens woah.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’ve never actually been happier to have double Onion Knight than this event. I can’t 1-shot the final boss on LGD unless I have a Balthier for imperil or Basch for def break, but I can 1-short every wave and, at worst, 2-shot the boss. And since his first turn is all fire based attacks I can just use the water attack to also give OKs 100% fire resist. I’m not able to just mash repeat but it takes me like 5 minutes to eat my entire energy bar. And I’ve gotten a fairly ridiculous amount of currency thus far with 10 nrg pots and a rank up refresh. I’ve already gotten all the tickets and all the cheap 6* mats. I’m probably just going to try to stock up on giancrysts and maybe pick up a Pure or two - which is far faster progress and far more ambitious than any other MK event (including the Noctis banner where I had a 525% for virtually every run).

Ugato fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 20, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I don't think anyone has the numbers already, but just how much higher is the bonus encounter rate on LGD? I've only gotten it like twice out of 10 runs

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The idle animation for Basch is him chopping his own hand off over and over.

Basch is cool and good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skyridge posted:

I don't think anyone has the numbers already, but just how much higher is the bonus encounter rate on LGD? I've only gotten it like twice out of 10 runs

so the thing about whatever the actual bonus rate may be is that with a 40 stamina cost to run legendary you are going to see the effects of SSS skew your experience a LOT. unless the bonus rate is so outrageous as to make it nearly impossible to get unlucky, but i would be shocked if that was the case

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Spent a few tickets and saw a rainbow fall out. Ended up being zarg, wrong ffxii character buddy

So the valkyrie profile banners are probably going to be the new norm for time limited characters? Individual banners for each 5* and a step up banner for each as well as guaranteeing that a banner pull rainbow is always on banner?

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 20, 2018

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ugato posted:

I’ve never actually been happier to have double Onion Knight than this event. I can’t 1-shot the final boss on LGD unless I have a Balthier for imperil or Basch for def break, but I can 1-short every wave and, at worst, 2-shot the boss.

How are you 1-shotting the first round? Even with 2 1100 ATK OK, I can’t OTKO the first round.

The boss is easy for me though. Without Basch, you can break him with Rikku’s Pouch or World Destroyer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anyone with a good defense break i can one shot the legendary boss with aileen/OK using his earth move, but its a bit riskier than just using OKs water attack since theres no chance of dying if i do that

edit: this is a team of ramza/aileen/OK/vayne/larsa/whatever friend unit

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 20, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BDawg posted:

How are you 1-shotting the first round? Even with 2 1100 ATK OK, I can’t OTKO the first round.

The boss is easy for me though. Without Basch, you can break him with Rikku’s Pouch or World Destroyer.

Full speed blade blitz on all the trash kills everything for me. And that’s a good point, I should probably throw my pouch on one Drace or something.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
My LGD farm team:

Drace#1: Instrumental Flair and Apollo Harp for Hero's Rime
Vayne: World Destroyer
GLS: Soul Barrage x2
Drace#2: Pod
Drace#3: Pod
Friend Basch: covers Magic for the first round of the boss, boss dies second round

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Spent a few tickets and saw a rainbow fall out. Ended up being zarg, wrong ffxii character buddy

So the valkyrie profile banners are probably going to be the new norm for time limited characters? Individual banners for each 5* and a step up banner for each as well as guaranteeing that a banner pull rainbow is always on banner?

That is an interesting new system they're toying with for the VP collab. I wonder if they're doing it to make-up for the fact that collab units don't go into the pool: you can't pull more of them after they're gone, so make it much more likely to get them while they're around.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I have a carry Noctis up 209,464,963 but I only have 2 spots left. He's a little slower and requires a bit more attention than TTerra but he'll get the job done regardless.

How to use:
Round 1-3 --> Build up LB with auto-attacks, repeat Point Warp until stuff is dead.
Round 4 --> Use LB --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike --> Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike if not dead yet
Round 5 --> Point Warp (HP/MP heal) --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike, or Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp-Strike, depending on what you need. Once you get MP drained you basically just use Bladeblitz.

No sleep immunity but the boss will usually wake you up with a regular attack on the same turn he puts you asleep, and Noctis has more than enough HP/DEF to take a hit or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently all the event characters are on the banners, its just that the focused character has twice the chance of showing up over being spooked by the others. Not as good as guaranteeing that the focused character comes out but still better than what we have right now. Still probably a bitch to roll for and their STMRs being all but impossible to get till we get STMR moogles.

Doing the banners step up should push the chances of getting the focused character very high though so you are at least walking out with a single 5*. They really need to implement a "Unit Awakening" ticket that will push a character you own to 7*. Or a generic 7* awakening crystal or whatever if they want to make limited time colab units more viable.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 20, 2018

• Locked thread