Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What is this discord garbage talk. Use the old SAS IRC room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
look I'm an old piece of poo poo too but discord is so much better than irc

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

are you guys telling me i've been writing "the warriors lost the championship after being up 3-1" in smoke signals every day for no good reason

dammit, chunkles, you've been slacking and forgot to also include "with the first unanimous mvp"

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Discord is bad

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

True. Concord is much more agreeable than discord.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

thats been pretty dead since sba lost control and a pedophile took ownership of it

e:lost control as in he left in disgust

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lockback posted:

We're supposed to be doing the corkboard thing anyway though, right? Or can I take down my Gendo wall?

oh that, i say to the numerous ladies in my swank bachelor pad, that's my message board as you can see most recently i got a list of Net Points and underneath here's 15 postcards that all say kevin durant is a "shook bitch" and yes that one is from the cool buff man

e: no the other giant wall corkboard that just says derrick rose...back????? is an unrelated project

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeskeets/status/954521143913918464
https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/954734724685221888

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

why would they want larry bird they already have kyle korver

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ghost Dog posted:

why would they want larry bird they already have kyle korver

Trash talk

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

The old SAS IRC chatroom had sharpmath in it which means do not go to the old IRC chatroom

The new discord is good but majority football talk and people there are obsessed with dunking on a lovely poster named RG3.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/954506029642940416

Oh well I guess that Brooklyn pick is out but maybe an unprotected 2021 Cleveland first!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Doltos posted:

The old SAS IRC chatroom had sharpmath in it which means do not go to the old IRC chatroom

The new discord is good but majority football talk and people there are obsessed with dunking on a lovely poster named RG3.

Oh man, so many memories of those old .wavs playing over and over again are now lost :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

This is a lie we've moved onto a different lovely poster

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Am I crazy if I don't think that adding George Hill and DeAndre Jordan would do all that much for the Cavs in terms of beating the best teams in the West

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hill is a straight upgrade over JR Smith so it couldn't hurt but yeah, I don't think it moves the needle far enough.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DeAndre Jordan would be very nice but I don't know about George Hill

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

DeAndre Jordan would be very nice but I don't know about George Hill

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Hill is a straight upgrade over JR Smith so it couldn't hurt but yeah, I don't think it moves the needle far enough.

Yeah DAJ would be great, but I'm more curious if you (fans) are willing to cough up the Brooklyn pick unless you're really sure you're shored up enough on other fronts to take on the Warriors. Dunno if George Hill is that guy. I'm frequently wrong however

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hill can shoot, play solid team D, and can run the second unit or play off the ball in the starting lineup. He's a solid upgrade over every guard on that roster except IT but he can play defense at least.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If the Cavs were able to add both of them, it would make their team D from atrocious to OK. Both Hill and Jordan are above average defenders

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think the current window for the Cavaliers is way more important than the #7 pick or whatever.

I'd give up the pick for DJ for sure. Probably not George Hill because I don't know why his market value would be worth all that much with his current contract.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The ultimate coup by Sean Marks will be having Brooklyn play well enough to make the Nets pick less valuable, swing a trade for it back, then commencing a late season tank

Somewhere, Sam Hinkie sheds a tear

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

Am I crazy if I don't think that adding George Hill and DeAndre Jordan would do all that much for the Cavs in terms of beating the best teams in the West

I think adding DJ would just give them a FT shooter that they'd need to hide against the Warriors. I just think they don't have a real second star next to Lebron as IT and Love both feel like third wheel in a big 3. DJ feels like another third piece instead of a legit guy next to him like Kyrie/Wade were.

Maybe they should try to package Love or IT somewhere?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
If we get Hill he’ll get injured within a month.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Doltos posted:

I think adding DJ would just give them a FT shooter that they'd need to hide against the Warriors. I just think they don't have a real second star next to Lebron as IT and Love both feel like third wheel in a big 3. DJ feels like another third piece instead of a legit guy next to him like Kyrie/Wade were.

Maybe they should try to package Love or IT somewhere?

I agree, but I think you trade Love since jury's still out on whether Thomas can make it work in Cleveland.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Oh wow, there are two awesome games on ABC today.

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.
the best the Nuggets could do for Kemba is probably a package with Will the thrill Barton, Manny Mudiay, and Richard Jefferson (for contract matching) ((at least he'll be in the same conference as Channing Frye)). I don't know if Kemba is worth it but they would probably have to give up a pick because Mudiay sucks nuts.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

big boi posted:

Oh wow, there are two awesome games on ABC today.

also mil/philly, and tor/minny. today is one of the better schedules all season

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

G-Hawk posted:

also mil/philly, and tor/minny. today is one of the better schedules all season

agreed, although giannis not playing for the Bucks tonight.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Zach Lowe mentioned in a recent podcast that with Cousins in the game there are too many times where there's only 9 guys on your screen and Cousins is somewhere lagging behind moping or bitching at the ref and he completely nailed why I don't like him at all. It happens entirely too often and a chief reason why I don't think any team can consistently win with him on the roster. If I were on that team I'd be beyond sick of it by now. That and he has no idea what his limits are

edit: 105 ORtg this season and a career 103 ORtg for such a dominant big man! What a joke

BIZORT fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 20, 2018

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

my bright rear end green jimmy butler jersey got delivered today. i guess i am a basketball fan now.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

BIZORT posted:

Zach Lowe mentioned in a recent podcast that with Cousins in the game there are too many times where there's only 9 guys on your screen and Cousins is somewhere lagging behind moping or bitching at the ref and he completely nailed why I don't like him at all. It happens entirely too often and a chief reason why I don't think any team can consistently win with him on the roster. If I were on that team I'd be beyond sick of it by now. That and he has no idea what his limits are

edit: 105 ORtg this season and a career 103 ORtg for such a dominant big man! What a joke

My gf and I play the “guess what second on the clock cousins gets back on defence” game when we watch the pels. It’s hilarious.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Jota posted:

agreed, although giannis not playing for the Bucks tonight.

:argh:

Cousins is such a hard player to judge. He obviously does a lot of insane stuff and can do things almost no one else can. And he has been held back by being on bad teams. But he also has definitely always seemed to have a lot of good player on bad team qualities like that. I kinda agree I have a hard time seeing him ever being a major part of a contender

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I've come to accept that Boogie's problems definitely go beyond the standard "media overreacts to a guy with an abrasive personality" phenomenon, but I can still see him being the second or third most important player on a contender in the next couple of years.

Not that he's likely to start putting in consistent effort anytime soon, but he's so talented that I think there's still a situation out there where the attitude just wouldn't matter as much as when he's a truly foundational piece of a roster. And his reputation is putting him in a position where an already-good team could maybe realistically acquire him, if GMs don't see the point in making him a franchise player

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The era of Cousins being an effective NBA player is over.

All hail Jakob Poeltl as the future.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Yeah I thought he might be turning a corner last season and at the beginning of this season, but :sigh:

An emotionally stable and physically healthy Boogie on a good team would be a perennial MVP candidate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

The era of Cousins being an effective NBA player is over.

All hail Jakob Poeltl as the future.

I actually think Poeltl could easily be on that list of guys who'll be on the all-star team in 2020. No guarantees, obviously, but his game seems to be growing consistently.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I actually think Poeltl could easily be on that list of guys who'll be on the all-star team in 2020. No guarantees, obviously, but his game seems to be growing consistently.

He's playing well but he plays 17 minutes per game. Pretty huge leap to make from that to all-star but who knows

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's playing well but he plays 17 minutes per game. Pretty huge leap to make from that to all-star but who knows

That could change pretty quickly, I think JV's days as a Raptor are numbered given his relationship with Casey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That could change pretty quickly, I think JV's days as a Raptor are numbered given his relationship with Casey

Wonder where ol' JV is heading, I love him but he's kind of a relic at times in todays bball

• Locked thread