Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dems will agree to no daca AND no chip, watch

They're going hard on post-apocalyptic america having political capital and times reached across the aisle as the only forms of currency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, that thing they didn't do, they'll do.

The base would revolt.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They're negotiating with an irrational infant and they think they can meet him halfway.

They're getting owned by someone who has to strip his own sheets so nobody knows he pisses the bed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The last time a government shut down with only one party at the helm, it involved a wall getting torn down so things aren't looking good for ol' Donny!

It is a Soviet Union joke

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Spoeank posted:

They're negotiating with an irrational infant and they think they can meet him halfway.

They're getting owned by someone who has to strip his own sheets so nobody knows he pisses the bed.

When it came to actual voting, the Dems held strong. Who cares what insincere, post-hoc bullshit Schumer spouts?

Though I have a hard time seeing Trump sign the DREAM Act under any circumstance. :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

Breath of the Wild is so good

I've gotten to the point where instead of running from lynels I'm actively hunting them, it owns

One of the best games ever! And yea, the game is so good at making you think you cant do something or beat something until you realize how to do it and it becomes easy. Once I figured out I could take out guardians with a pot lid it was incredible.

Need to get the dlc now that Im almost done with Mario Odessey.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
God I hope the dems sweep this year because of this bullshit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

weird Asian candy posted:

One of the best games ever! And yea, the game is so good at making you think you cant do something or beat something until you realize how to do it and it becomes easy. Once I figured out I could take out guardians with a pot lid it was incredible.

Need to get the dlc now that Im almost done with Mario Odessey.

I will say this: I loving despise the lizards, especially the silver ones

*jumps back 30 feet the second you even think about swinging your weapon*

At least the elemental ones I can one-shot with elemental spears when they try to jump on me and I run under them

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

My wife wrote something about Aziz Ansari that is actually sensible.

https://ravishly.com/aziz-ansaris-sexual-misconduct

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

swickles posted:

Your wife is a smart woman choice in men aside, and neatly wraps up all aspects of the Aziz story with a tangible solution. Everyone agrees what he did was at least skeezy and weird, and the murky aspects surrounding consent make the gray area possible. A comprehensive consent education is what's needed for the next generation to stomp this poo poo out.

It needs to go beyond yes means yes tbh, men need to learn some goddamn sexual empathy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

Definitely a good perspective.

I always have concerns though when in this day and age a lot of people want to handwave psychological studies with bullshit like "Just reinforcing the beliefs of white men" that it would be pretty difficult to devise an actual worthwhile education plan.

American culture in general can be pretty weird about sex so I doubt it'll happen organically either.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A bunch (well unfortunately high portion) of this country still teaches abstinence only sex ed don't they? Or has that gotten better when I wasn't paying attention--I admittedly have not paid a whole lot of attention.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

A bunch (well unfortunately high portion) of this country still teaches abstinence only sex ed don't they? Or has that gotten better when I wasn't paying attention--I admittedly have not paid a whole lot of attention.

Dubya pushed it hard, looks like Obama defunded it in his last budget proposal, but I have no clue if that actually happened. It's definitely what they were teaching us back in high school.

I've looked at the word "budget" enough that it's beginning to sound really strange in my head.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beerchat: I like some beer. I don't like strong hops or especially bitter beer, but basically anything else goes. I do enjoy sour beer, but it's always quite expensive because it's an aged variety and ageing beer means spending more money.

I usually keep some casual whatever beer on hand, at the moment it's Blue Moon but it's often something like Pacifico or even Tecate. I don't mind me a basic mexican beer. It's fine. I also like Guinness, and generally enjoy any stout or porter if it's not too bitter. Also like cream ale, like Boddingtons.

I try lots of random beers and never remember what they were, I have a real hard time with retaining that kind of information if it's not written down. Oh well. There's more beers than I could try in a lifetime and I like trying new things so that's fine.

I don't remember a lot that happens in Last of the Mohicans since I haven't seen it since it came out, but it's one of my mom's favorites, mostly because she loves the soundtrack I think. Also it has at least two actual native americans in lead roles (Russel Means and Wes Studi), which already puts it massively above the standard thing of casting vaguely ethnic-looking non-native-americans (or just loving Johnny Depp), and that's worthy of supporting.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess now is the time I get into sex ed talk. Hey, Pro-Lifers, if you want to reduce/eliminate abortion, make abortion legal and provide sex ed. Both of those greatly reduce the rate of abortion. The goal should not be to eliminate abortion, it should be to eliminate the need/desire for abortion. Make it so that an accidental pregnancy is a a rarity, and if carried to term is born into a family that is willing and able to care for it regardless of income.

Abstinence only sex ed might hold the title for wasteful government spending, which should get Republicans up in arms if they actually cared about the ideals they proclaim.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

prolifers just want to punish women for pre- or extramarital sex so lol at appealing to their position

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So does the great fairy rape Link when she does the final upgrade to his clothes? She grabs him then disappears into her pond with him, and when you see him again he's passed out, and all her previous upgrades involve her giving him increasingly eager kisses

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He never says no.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
James Franco in the Disaster Artist is amazing. A Gary Oldman level performance.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

prolifers just want to punish women for pre- or extramarital sex so lol at appealing to their position

Nah anti abortion laws are, just like de Beauvoir wrote in the 1930s, designed to gently caress over the poor and keep them as a lower class. Abortion was illegal in France at the time, and Simone rightly pointed out the laws had no impact on the wealthy since they couldnjust go to Switzerland to have the procedure done.

Meanwhile scores of poor women were dying getting illegal abortions in back alleys of Paris.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah anti abortion laws are, just like de Beauvoir wrote in the 1930s, designed to gently caress over the poor and keep them as a lower class. Abortion was illegal in France at the time, and Simone rightly pointed out the laws had no impact on the wealthy since they couldnjust go to Switzerland to have the procedure done.

Meanwhile scores of poor women were dying getting illegal abortions in back alleys of Paris.

I think in America it's both. The rich don't mind promising these things to the crazies because they know it won't effect the rich in the slightest but the crazies support it in no small part as a punishment for women who have sex.

Those laws would get implemented because of the crazy pro-lifers but the practical effect would be only the poor/middle class get hosed.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

One of the best beers I have ever tasted is Unibroue's Fin du Monde and that's basically like Coors of Quebec

This is my favorite beer! (Outside of Augustiner Helles but it isn't exported from Germany).

Intruder posted:

One of my favs right here

11% abv :stare:

This one is also really good! Beers are good!

Turns out doctor lady just accepted a job up in Charlottesville. Doesn't start until August so that's cool. Plus I have no idea where I'm gonna be working in a year from now (not to mention my internship this summer) so it's probably for the best. Just sucks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/954752414569054209?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hi everyone. I am at the library studying and the seat I am in has an awkward window/skylight placement, so now the sun is simaltaneously in my eyes and blaring at my screen somehow, making it impossible to see the monitor. But to move would mean unplugging my laptop, collecting a bottle of water and my smoothie up, as well as keys, mouse, notebook, pen and phone and that all seems like too much work so I am just hoping for a cloud soon. Well, that's my day, how is everyone else?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
There is an Oscar de la Renta gallery at the fine arts museum that my wife is bringing dragging me unwillingly to

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Update: Cloud has arrived! Can see now.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

swickles posted:

Hi everyone. I am at the library studying and the seat I am in has an awkward window/skylight placement, so now the sun is simaltaneously in my eyes and blaring at my screen somehow, making it impossible to see the monitor. But to move would mean unplugging my laptop, collecting a bottle of water and my smoothie up, as well as keys, mouse, notebook, pen and phone and that all seems like too much work so I am just hoping for a cloud soon. Well, that's my day, how is everyone else?

I'm idly scolling through Zillow, looking for my next side project since I took like 6 months off from non-day job activities thanks to hitting a home run on the last one. I'm thinking that I wanna try to find a 70s split-level, or 50s mid-century modern to restore, wondering if I could find funny things like avacado colored appliances to make a split-level authentic.

Also thinking about asking my brother if he wants to go night skiing at 7 Springs later

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Thanking God it's the weekend and I have a respite-however brief-from people trying to cargo cult the department I run.

I'm a little worried they're going to move me away from my happy little, cash-positive site to the big, cash wildly-negative site to try to turn around. I don't think I'd be happy there, but I have to stay with the company for my work permit and eventual permanent residence :(

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I went out with coworkers last night, and despite only having 3 drinks over 4 hours, I feel like unholy death this morning. Getting old has some very appreciable downsides.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'm idly scolling through Zillow, looking for my next side project since I took like 6 months off from non-day job activities thanks to hitting a home run on the last one. I'm thinking that I wanna try to find a 70s split-level, or 50s mid-century modern to restore, wondering if I could find funny things like avacado colored appliances to make a split-level authentic.

Also thinking about asking my brother if he wants to go night skiing at 7 Springs later

Oh cool, my parents have a house in Hidden Valley. We should go skiing sometime.

Cloud has left :(.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

swickles posted:

Oh cool, my parents have a house in Hidden Valley. We should go skiing sometime.

Cloud has left :(.

Sure! Let me know when you're in town

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Sure! Let me know when you're in town

I will be up there end of March/beginning of April for my grandma's 90th birthday, not sure how long I will be in town or how much will be dominated my family events. Plan on taking the wife to Fallingwater at some point though.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

swickles posted:

I will be up there end of March/beginning of April for my grandma's 90th birthday, not sure how long I will be in town or how much will be dominated my family events. Plan on taking the wife to Fallingwater at some point though.

Might be too late to ski, but 9 holes is always an option too

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Might be too late to ski, but 9 holes is always an option too

If you're around he'll only need 2

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

If you're around he'll only need 2

drat it

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I can hook you up with an entire town full of 1890s victorians

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

About to do some climbing then grab some brunch and reading for a bit, go home and pack up the apartment, followed by an indie wrasslin show. Should be a good day!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The microphone on my phone has started to not work so well, which is kinda critical for a telephone... I'll need to get a replacement soon, but for now I can manage it with bluetooth devices. Not sure if I have earbuds with a built in mic but that would fix it too. I've got a bunch of interviews so a lot of really important calls coming at random times that I've got to answer. May run to the AT&T store since it's about time for an upgrade, my phone is a couple years old. Problem is I don't know poo poo about the new phones out there so now I gotta do some research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Chiche is officially a free agent.