Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

who needs micaiah anyway

tbf he doesnt actually ORKO supermerged WTharjas on defense tiles but this is more than a good enough check. I can provide spurs and buffs to make him get there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I went in for a third time for Micaiah and got basically no blue orbs and pity broke by another Takumi. Super tempted to give Close Counter to Oliver but I'll see what's on the horizon first

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So has everyone figured out their 7 votes yet?

I've got a few ideas
1) Tibarn
2) Lethe
3) Merlinus
4) Pelleas

As for 5-7... What do you guys think?
Dart, Gatrie, Ross, Percy, L'Arachel, Vaike, Gregor, Cormag or Ewan?

I'm trying to vote for new unit types and get new characters instead of another Ike (Who is still great).

Andrew_1985 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 20, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Everyone should vote for Nino and Reinhardt

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

death before voting reinhardt for fuckin anything

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Elyv posted:

Everyone should vote for Nino and Reinhardt

I guess if you like having boring taste

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

You're just jealous because Rein is so powerful

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I feel like they've learned enough about how OP they made Reinhardt that a Brave Rein would probably end up being worse than standard Rein.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Rein is already a brave boi

That’s actually sort of the problem

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

You're just jealous because Rein is so powerful

its 2018!! he's weak poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

its 2018!! he's weak poo poo.

Rein owns

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
I'm in the middle of building up a +def/-hp Fae. Can anyone help explain which special (non-aether) I want to give her? I read a lot about the differences between glimmer and moonbow and still don't know if one is better or if I should be running ignis, bonfire or glacies even with the extra cooldown or are they not worth it if I don't have a spare steady breath?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Here’s who I’m voting for:

Sumia
Volke
Wallace
Chrom
m!Robin
Camilla
Hector

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
I’d probably look up a table of all of the heroes’ stats and see where Fae stands in comparison to others. If she has one of the highest DEF totals in the game, then put Bonfire on her. If it’s RES instead, then it’s Glacies. I put Glacies on Eliwood because his RES is quite good for example. Obviously this is just a guide to figure out which special to put on characters and not a specific recommendation for Fae.

Aether is an expensive special so it boosts your team BST in general, which also means a higher arena score so if Fae is in your core, you prob want it on her for that reason along with making her harder to kill while boosting scores. Thread, feel free to correct me though.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Severedseven posted:

I'm in the middle of building up a +def/-hp Fae. Can anyone help explain which special (non-aether) I want to give her? I read a lot about the differences between glimmer and moonbow and still don't know if one is better or if I should be running ignis, bonfire or glacies even with the extra cooldown or are they not worth it if I don't have a spare steady breath?

Try her out in combat first, then see. If she has trouble scoring a kill during the initial engagement (where she's defending with QR), then Moonbow is probably your best bet. If she kills the opponent fine, then give her either Bonfire or Iceberg (depending on whether def or res is higher after you tally up your A skills, seals, weapon refinements and buffs) so she can make offensive kills after defending for a round.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Andrew_1985 posted:

So has everyone figured out their 7 votes yet?

I've got a few ideas
1) Tibarn
2) Lethe
3) Merlinus
4) Pelleas

As for 5-7... What do you guys think?
Dart, Gatrie, Ross, Percy, L'Arachel, Vaike, Gregor, Cormag or Ewan?

I'm trying to vote for new unit types and get new characters instead of another Ike (Who is still great).

Cormag, L'Arachel and maybe Dart are the ones I could see bringing different as unit types, even though I can see new stuff brought by the others...

That said, my ballot is looking good with:

1. Hector
2. L'Arachel
3. Tibarn
4. Niime
5. Maribelle
6. Canas

But then I'm a bit stumped with my 7th choice. I'm leaning towards another guy from the Jugdral or Tellius Games.

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 20, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Voting 7x Fredrick, we're going gardening.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hector
Barst
Serra
Maribelle
Gregor
Benny
Mordecai
Tibarn

Hector is Hector, Barst and Serra impressed me with their VAing/artwork.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to vote for Rein and new dragons

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

1. Gen 1 Finn
2. Gen 2 Finn
3. Gen 1 Finn
4. Gen 2 Finn
5. Gen 1 Finn
6. Gen 2 Finn
7. Thracia 776 Finn to switch it up

Don't even care which Finn they end up using in this game (though Thracia 776 Finn on a banner with Leaf and someone else seems pretty likely), I just want Finn so I can put him on a horse team with Sigurd and Titania.

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light

Murderion posted:

Try her out in combat first, then see. If she has trouble scoring a kill during the initial engagement (where she's defending with QR), then Moonbow is probably your best bet. If she kills the opponent fine, then give her either Bonfire or Iceberg (depending on whether def or res is higher after you tally up your A skills, seals, weapon refinements and buffs) so she can make offensive kills after defending for a round.

Is moonbow the better choice over glimmer? I was thinking with the way that the ++lightning breath worked glimmer may work better since it targets the lesser of the defense stats, but I didn't know if the math for moonbow just worked out better regardless.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
now that i actually have a functional flier emblem with that's a paddlin azura, chain 11+12 was actually super easy. go figure. timed maps can still go suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

can confirm

(in my mind they've kind of "earned" a special edition by being so defining in this game despite not being noteworthy in their base game)

my ballot is probably something like
Nino
Reinhardt
Ilyana
Erk
Ross
Wallace
Merlinus

Elyv fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 20, 2018

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Here’s who I’m voting for:

[...]
Wallace
[...]

this is correct

everybody should do this

like do you really need seven votes? six is plenty, please spend one vote on my big strong friend Wallace

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

as a group we must come together and bring the one-scene characters who never fight to the top.
Natalie, ike & mist's mom, anri, hidden village elder guy from echoes let's do this

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I want more green dragons so name some I can vote for :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Fae is the only green dragon forever

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Adel posted:

Nah

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

If I vote for 7 different characters, I’ll vote:

1. Maribelle
2. Nah
3. Fir
4. Noire
5. L’Arachel
6. Jill
7. Cordelia

E. Forgot Cordelia, sorry Hector.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 20, 2018

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm voting for:
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Tibarn

but if I had to vote for different characters it'd be:
FE10 Tibarn
FE10 Janaff
Vika
FE10 Naesala
FE10 Ranulf
FE10 Caeghnis
FE10 Kurth

Adel posted:

Kurthnaga

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
I'm having trouble with that one map featuring Leon and Sonya in the Lunatic Chain Challenges. My tablet is kinda crap and crashes on that map every 15 seconds for some reason, too.

I guess my votes will be;
3 votes for Jill.
1 vote for Forrest.
1 vote for Heath.
1 vote for Nasir.
1 vote for Ranulf. (Please give Ike ALL his boyfriends)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
In all honesty, aside from her funny name and being one of the few manaketes we haven't gotten, I actually really don't like Nah. Terrible supports with maybe only one or two decent ones.

Also someone has to marry Nowi to get her to exist.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nah and Cynthia put Nah as one of my favorites. It’s just hard to compare to Severa, Owain, Inigo, Noire, Cynthia and I guess Lucina.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
As much as I want more dragons/laguz, I really just want them to add Kellam to everyone's barracks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

In all honesty, aside from her funny name and being one of the few manaketes we haven't gotten, I actually really don't like Nah. Terrible supports with maybe only one or two decent ones.

?????

Anyways my votes will probably be something like

ATiki
Ishtar
Lilina
?
?
?
?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I mean she's basically Laurent-level serious without it being fun. Instead of a straight man she's more of a wet blanket in her supports.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Goddamn, 5018 isn't enough to stay in T20 this cycle.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
also im voting henry 6 times and panne once

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean she's basically Laurent-level serious without it being fun. Instead of a straight man she's more of a wet blanket in her supports.

I really feel like I played a different Awakening, because that’s how I felt about Laurent vs Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Laurent's not fun either but he has better synergy with the characters he's interacting with, like Gerome and Yarne. Even his romance supports kinda work.

Nah is basically just the contrast to characters like Cynthia where she just gets exasperated with their high energy. Also even her romance supports just have her acting weird, like being convinced Laurent is a stalker and threatening to eat Inigo.