Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

yeah no this looks absolutely god loving awful, like "MTV's Skins" level of unnecessary and bad

i had literally no idea this was even being made until i clicked that link, so, you know, thanks for that :mad:

Now I'm scared to inevitably click this when I get home from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

If I didn't know any better I'd think that Heathers trailer was made by Ryan Murphy.

more like "made by someone who wants very badly to be but is so very clearly not Ryan Murphy"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress it I'ma go out for a smoke and watch it now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Now I'm scared to inevitably click this when I get home from work.

i would literally advise you not to watch it, except that i feel like it's only fair to spread the suffering

down your bleach when you get to the marilyn manson cover of "tainted love"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just have no idea how to put my opinion about that trailer. Like I love the movie. It feels weird to say the trailer is... too catty? Too immature? Too snarky? None of that makes sense because the original was all those things. I guess the original just had an edge and a seriousness to it? It was dark humor. That trailer just feels more like Mean Girls or a Murphy thing or something. Maybe its just hard to duplicate the ability/chemistry of Winona Ryder and Christian Slater?

I don't know, I'm probably just old and can't relate to kids stuff or something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That trailer looks terrible. I may give the premiere a peep, but I've been salty about this series being made for a while so

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Huh. I mean, I know a lot of people were angry, but I figured it was just, you know, fidelity criticism as its worst. Or reddit, whatever.

Like I said, I was pretty excited by it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

i would literally advise you not to watch it, except that i feel like it's only fair to spread the suffering

down your bleach when you get to the marilyn manson cover of "tainted love"

I love that cover and it being in the trailer made me sad ngl

e: heathers is just one of those movies i think should be left alone. we already had a great spiritual successor in mean girls. just make a heathers-esque thing without calling it heathers imo.

Heathers is v much a product of its time despite a lot of the story remaining universal. But the era, the tone, the cast, you can't replicate that ever

esperterra fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 20, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

I just have no idea how to put my opinion about that trailer. Like I love the movie. It feels weird to say the trailer is... too catty? Too immature? Too snarky? None of that makes sense because the original was all those things. I guess the original just had an edge and a seriousness to it? It was dark humor. That trailer just feels more like Mean Girls or a Murphy thing or something. Maybe its just hard to duplicate the ability/chemistry of Winona Ryder and Christian Slater?

I don't know, I'm probably just old and can't relate to kids stuff or something.

Funnily enough it looks like the one thing they got right was the teachers.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The pilot for Counterpart is available if you have Starz access (I have the add-on via Amazon). It's pretty drat good. Looking forward to more episodes for sure.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Corporate is the darkest possible version of Better Off Ted that could exist and my god I love this bleak bastard.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I could’ve sworn I saw the promo picture of the three Heathers walking down the hallway like at least a year ago or something. I guess someone finally picked it up. I thought it looked dumb at the time, and after seeing the trailer it still looks not all that good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Suck my third nipple" is no "gently caress me gently with a chainsaw", that's for sure.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Didn't hear anyone ask somene else what their damage was so 0/10

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

precision posted:

it seems like women get called out for being one-note more often than men do. i mean chris pratt is the same in every role. i don't have any strong feelings for dushku one way or t'other but i don't think being one-note is a de facto crime against media
Chris Pratt hasn't starred in a show where the central gimmick is him playing other people

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Didn't hear anyone ask somene else what their damage was so 0/10

i'm dreading what their version of the "i love my dead gay son" scene is gonna be. the trailer makes it apparent they're set on hitting all the iconic scenes of the film so you just know that's gonna be in there somehow. also "eskimo".

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I think I remember Pratt being a creep in The Five Year Engagement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-UahrHq4J8

Like, he's funny and goofy in other scenes, but I'm convinced he could play a decent serial killer.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Open Source Idiom posted:

Like, he's funny and goofy in other scenes, but I'm convinced he could play a decent serial killer.

That was a kind of great movie imo

e: lmao i forgot how unfortunate brie's accent was

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Y’all were supposed to tell me that Dear White People is really good.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Open Source Idiom posted:

Didn’t he play some hardass seal team 6 guy in Zero Dark Thirty?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is the TV show anywhere near as good as the movie

e: Referring to Dear White People

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 20, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Croatoan posted:

Y’all were supposed to tell me that Dear White People is really good.

Everyone did when it came out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Supposedly Speilberg wants Chris Pratt to be in Indiana Jones 5 along side Ford.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GreenNight posted:

Supposedly Speilberg wants Chris Pratt to be in Indiana Jones 5 along side Ford.

playing the refrigerator

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

GreenNight posted:

I can see that. First scene of Guardians is pretty much Space Indiana Jones.

Not to mention he's kind of a Han Solo type so it falls in line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm surprised Disney hasn't pushed him into Star Wars.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chris Pratt plays Jack Black in the Black biopic "Never Relax."

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Is the TV show anywhere near as good as the movie

e: Referring to Dear White People

It's better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Didn’t he play some hardass seal team 6 guy in Zero Dark Thirty?

He had like two lines

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chris Pratt played a pretty decent douchey coworker in Wanted. It was pretty much his character with parks and rec if he was a misogynist frat boy and said "bro" a lot, but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmuQteX1qA

If you want an example of a male actor I consider to have no range, there's George Clooney. Although as far as I'm aware no one's yet tried to make a film where George Clooney plays multiple characters.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Man how is TV Chat talking about one note actors this long without a mention of Jason Mantzoukas.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

swickles posted:

Man how is TV Chat talking about one note actors this long without a mention of Jason Mantzoukas.

You can get your fill of that in the Good Place thread.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lurdiak posted:

Chris Pratt played a pretty decent douchey coworker in Wanted. It was pretty much his character with parks and rec if he was a misogynist frat boy and said "bro" a lot, but still.

If you want an example of a male actor I consider to have no range, there's George Clooney. Although as far as I'm aware no one's yet tried to make a film where George Clooney plays multiple characters.

I wouldn't say Clooney has no range, he's an amazing comedic actor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Britannia is pretty great, Roman invasion of Britain, Druids, Celts, chicks with bows. The Governor as the head Roman.

I like it a alot.

This isn't an adaption of the Valiant comic is it?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

swickles posted:

God I hate the guy. Community, Brooklyn Nine-nine and The Good Place. Just a shouty annoying character in all three. Either he's having sex with an influential casting director somewhere or I don't know what.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Can you imagine his invoice playing multiple characters? Ain't no one got multiple Clooney money.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm kind of fine with him in The Good Place, mainly because they specifically use him sparingly as a literal mistake of an excuse for a human being.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

This isn't an adaption of the Valiant comic is it?

I dunno, it's an adaptation of my peoples being invaded by progress. First episode is good, the make up is very good.

Romanes eunt domus!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lurdiak posted:

If you want an example of a male actor I consider to have no range, there's George Clooney.

Then you haven't seen Syriana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swickles posted:

He's great in Big Mouth.