Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TheNabster posted:

some cool poo poo
:discourse:

I just kind of want to express my appreciation for the fact that the gemego opposition actions have all been Cool and Good instead of boring Godnukes.

What happens when you turn alive the Gemego, creatures that both think themselves superior AND disdain life deeply? Room for all kinds of hilarity there :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Abstain

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
+1 culinarion

Spirit level: 8

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

TheNabster posted:

Oh poo poo get DESTROYED.
:monocle:
abstain

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yearn +1

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 21, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yearn +1

Spirit points: 7

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 Moody Blues
+1 Yearn

(-) Spirituality 4

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
-1 Yearn

SP: 8

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
What?

TheNabster posted:

"I reverse the properties of Ghost, element of Thought, Intangibility and Irreversability, opposing Life and Force."

You cannot reverse the Irreversable!

-1 Culinarion

[ + ] s#: 8

e: I am undoing my vote against reversing the irreversible :v:

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 21, 2018

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Prince of Space posted:

You cannot reverse the Irreversable!

Exactly what part of God do you not understand, I will do what I want!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

TheNabster posted:

Exactly what part of God do you not understand, I will do what I want!

Fool of a Cook, you would teach the Gemego to dine upon the living!

Tsohg is the opposite of Ghost (made of Thought, Intangibility and Irreversability, opposing Life and Force). You're feeding the Gemego Tsohg, essence of Unthinking Life, Tangible Force, and Impermanence!

You would have the Gemego devour their own adherents, the unthinking Blissful? Madness!

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Meztli, God of Wanderlust (1/3)

Hmm. Well, the lake Nilthos were safe for now, but things have gotten way out of hand over in the mountains. Meztli had never even considered that Rav would have a way to kill the Masters of the Blissful, and now those Masters had panicked and all hell had broken loose. While it might have been possible to just scoop them up with the Ecto-Fold Path again, perhaps this is a sign that there's been enough divine meddling for one Age.

But that doesn't mean Meztli can just shrug off the consequences, and so the God catches a ride on a passing breeze on the way to someone who was faced with a decision far more important than they realized: Baandage. Casting off the form of God of Wanderlust in exchange for the appearance of a simple traveler, Meztli presented themselves before the conspirators.

"I can understand why you'd wish for the knowledge of war. The Top Brass of Rav have already proven that those in charge can't be bullied or pushed around. By taking that spot by force, you would be hurting others, but gain the ability to protect those you care about most. I'm not going to lecture you about responsibility or morality or anything like that. I'm just a God, what would I know about what would be best for the people of Middle? But I will ask this: who are you seeking this knowledge for?

If it's for yourself, or for the future or whatever, then fine. But if the sole reason you're doing this is because of those that have died, then you don't need this knowledge. Your path has already diverged from theirs, and they have left this world and its troubles. If you keep looking back, then not only will you stumble when the future comes, but you'll also taint your memories of those who have taken the final journey. As strange as it may seem, you have a much clearer picture of what you have left behind while looking ahead of you. If you turn back, the only things you see will be the most recent event: their deaths, which will block or overshadow any other memories you have about them. You will become obsessed about what you could have done to change something that has already passed you by. But by looking forward, you are free to think about the reasons why you cared about them in the first place, while also seeing clearly what troubles ahead you need to prepare for.

This is an incredibly important decision to make, so don't let any of the Gods make it for you. I just don't want the Middle to be consumed by grief, and many still look up to you, Baandage. So if you truly think war is what is needed in the future, then go all in on it. Do the same if you come up with any other solution, of course. The future is just up ahead, so regardless of what you choose to do, please pay attention to it, or it will pass you by yet again. Now if you excuse me, the end of my time on the Middle is drawing to a close, and I have one last thing I wish to do. If it goes well, and the people are still in the mood for the End of the Age party, I may see you again then."

With the way things are now, the chances of any kind of party happening were almost zero. But what were Gods for, if not organizing parties and cheering the people up? Probably nothing good, in Meztli's eyes. Staying in the guise of a traveler (and greatly enjoying the change of pace), Meztli wandered from town to town, spreading his message. Instead of grieving for their loss, why not celebrate those who have come before? They could even turn it into a grand festival at the Tree of Ages, a chance to bring the peoples of the Middle together instead of tearing each other apart. It was slow going, both due to rumors of war and simply because Meztly had chosen to travel without the assistance of their Godly powers, but there was still some progress.

Meztli decides to help spread a tradition of celebrating Those Who Have Come Before: 7

In the middle of a field on the way to the next town, Meztli froze. Something had been following the God, something unnatural. "Hmm. I still have many places to visit, but I suppose creatures of your kind aren't open to negotiations, right? Well, what will be, will be. It's a shame I'll miss the party, I was really looking forward to it."

Without Spirit intervention, I guess this is the end for Meztli, which should increase the Horrusk counter. Also, I wanted to make it clear my roll doesn't affect Baandage's decision. That's all on her (or Jvie, or the next CYOA segment, whichever).

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Meztli +1

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A wandering spirit sees promise in the People learning to revere the Gods of past and present. Thus, the Histories can be born.

+1 Meztli

[ - ] s#: 8

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
This Spirit approves of celebrating the dead. +1 to Metzli.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
+1 Metzli.

Spirit count: 6

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

+1 Meztli

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Abstain

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Prince of Space posted:

You would have the Gemego devour their own adherents, the unthinking Blissful? Madness!
No sir, I would have it do exactly what I said I would like it to do, backed up by my aforementioned Godhood and Critical Success.

How you reached that logical step I can't quite grasp.

Love ya buddy, I hope you deify next age

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
+1 Meztli

-

Eighth Spiriting.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Armatur, God of Toughness

Jvie posted:

"You are asking me to ruin a fruit that could bring everyone prosperity, just to give you an edge in this conflict."

"We are in this together. Do you think the cult or Crystar are going to care about the grove in long term?"

(Unicoloro has been cultivating an important discovery for an Era. The end result of the project hangs in balance.)

"'thup. Having difficultieth deciding? I hear thath normal for mortalth, even Heroeth. Thithithi... don't tell anyone - or do - but ith' the thame for Godth. Well. Motht godth."

Armatur dropped from the roof, onto the Meeting Room's table, its size vastly diminished, its fur white-bleached from its handling of Ghost. It discarded the shell of a Waytree nut half its size, steepled its thin, tiny fingers and nodded in enthusiastic greeting at the two Heroes.

Baandage and Unicoloro stared at the white-furred divine, surprised both at the sudden intrusion and at how... small it now seemed. It grinned, showing its glittering front teeth, still steely hard and tough. The creation of the Wailing Wall might have taken its toll - it was a noticably diminished god that stood before them - but the divine being exuded an aura of lackadaisical confidence and raw toughness, showing its weakness without fear or worry for what the mortals might think.

"To know war, or not to know war? Whath' ith it good for, huh? Thath' my input."

It scampered across the table to get closer to the two heroes and held up a single finger.

"Though... for thith nut you could try to hear the opinionth of the other divineth - athuming they rethpond. You might find yourthelf thurprithed at what they will thay - we all have unique perthpectiveth and we've ecthperienthed the Middle differently. Yearn hath brought order and progreth to Rav, building on Ravidth' legathy, yet calming the Trombacth' ambithionth and lethening their dependenthy on the Dull. Methtli hath tried to aid and bring the northern Nilthoth into the foldth of the wider world, but inthead brought the hidden Gemego out into the open - an incredible feat, dethpithe the conthequentheth it could have. Culinarion hath taught Rav'th Flavortown the miraculouth wayth of preparing thuthenanthe exceeding that of Mygda'th fruith' - he even found the meanth to Cure Dullneth - and juth now may have thaved Rav from the Gemegoth' arrival in the mountainth to the wetht - and in a manner that you might find familiar, Baandage."

It chittered out a short laugh - Meztli and Culinarion's powerful takedown combo of that creeping threat had been quite the surprise.

"Thithi, the Gemego. Hidden Matherth of Thpectreality, controllerth of the Blithful, dominaterth of Thought! They were not like other People - they were meant to be more. The divine Ptheye created them an age ago with a dithdain for the phythical and a dethire to dominate it with Thought - but not even he underthood them and he wath, in the end, undone by hith ambithion to be their eternal lord - rethithing hith demithe. The eaterth of divine ethentheth - the Horruthk - conthumed hith fethering remainth, and what ith left of him thufferth thill. It might intereth you to hear it wath Tholomna that thought to dithpothe of Ptheyeth' lingering remnanth' in thith manner, but in error the Thilent One created the Horruthk. It ate her too. Thad, but tho it goeth."

It shrugged, its hefty revelations passed on and left for mortals to make sense of. It had more to share and points to make, though, so kept talking.

"Thethe are not the only godly miracleth gone bad. Thome of the eventh' of thith era were prompted by the bad luck of our little brother, Pemphero. He freed the Dull and then failed to follow up. Hith happy thircumthantheth came apart - and him with it - when he tried to influenthe Crythar to deal with the Gemego threat, but inthead mad her mad. Tho very crippling wath the failureth that the Horruthk could thweep up what remained, growing in power - half grown, now - and the Gemego took the Dull and gave them the purpothe and thafety they'd lacked from hith failure."

It gave the two Heroes a level expression, curious as to their reactions.

"Are you angry? Dithappointed, perhapth, that we can be tho fallible, make erroth of thith magnitude? Either way, you thould underthand - "

Its shape flickered into a kaleidoscope of something different, something Spiritual. An Eye-Touched might have howled in terror at the familiar, inherent truths of the cosmos flickering like abstract tattoos across the manifest god's divine skein, but Armatur knew the Heroes were made of tougher stuff. Its voice, too, changed, taking on the tone of a susurration, a deep timbre and a feeling of give - but not GIVE give, more like a blow received, a hit absorbed, all of these and more, at once.

" - we Gods - we ascended Spirits of Below - can do anything - be anything - but we have no perfect control over the result of our desires. We flit across the Middle and make our mark in whatever way is our wont, supported or opposed by the Spirits Below, until we tear ourselves apart in the attempt - or our essences fade, dispersing into the world's foundations to toughen it for the coming age."

They blinked, and saw the white-furred being again. It stood tall, pointing a tiny finger at the two Heroes of old.

"That ith why I think it ith important that YOU - 'People' you - and thith WORLD be made TUFF enough to handle thethe thingth. The Godth will alwayth fade, gently or not, and leave their wonderth and dithatherth behind. Even if the godth were to do nothing, you thill exthith in the Middle of a vath and incomprehenthible - for you - univerthe that you will have to thomeday be TUFF enough to fathe on your own... tho no prethure!"

It grinned a wicked, gleaming grin.

"No, theriouthly. Don't worry. Thethe are world- and age-thpanning matterth - and though I burden you with them, no-one ecthpecth you to find all the anthwerth to the problemth of an unthpun future. Juth rejoithe in the fact that the world ithelf ith thafe for another age - ith People capable to dethide on their own whether to war or not - and that challengeth remain to tuffen and thmarten and tharpen yourthelveth on! Here'th the firth of many - while Culinarion hath therved the Gemego a Life-changing courthe - creating Thohg in the same way Tholomna created Tharb and the Bluewoolth, only better - moth of them will probably thurvive and live to fathe the new age as a new People. I thuthpect the Blithful, too, freed from their influenthe, are in thome uproar - their entire exthithenthe overturned, mindleth blith torn from them, lieth ecthpothed, many or most needing to learn how to thwim in thith crow-stained world for the firth time. They'll be like babieth, the lot of them."

Its grin widened, catching Baandage's eyes, then shrugged again, dismissing the statement and the idea of these abandoned peoples, stuck in the brass mountains out west of Rav.

"Now, I've given you time and effort. I've given you anthwerth. Moth of it un-athked for - but that ith my wont. I've made and I've built and I've loved being real and doing my TUFF thing - and thomehow, you were the oneth I formed the clotheth connection with, though it ith thoon time for me to leave you behind. Before I do, though, I want to enjoy thith plathe - to thee Mygdath gifth' bloom. Look! Ith tharting already!"

The god's voice rose in a high-pitched, delighted chitter, and indeed, outside the Meeting Room, a strange and beautiful transformation was taking place.

quote:

Branches wove together, forming a wide, solid platform. Wooden pillars rose from the floor, blooming with flowers that gave way to a variety of fruits that defied description, succulent, ripe, and perfectly sweet. Wooden basins grew from the pillars as well, and from one set of particularly tall pillars, strange, hollow nodules of varying sizes, shapes, and even materials took shape, positioned over burgeoning piles of hard nuts

The divine jumped about excitedly, cheering at the growths, sniffing the drinks and salivating openly.

"Thee? Wouldn't mith thith for the world! - well... pothibly for the world, but that ith not an ithue today. Ooh, Mygda, thithithi... Culinarion really thould have been here by now, the thappy fool, to thee thith."

It dove into a pile of nuts, tossing them in the air, and letting them rain down upon its head, before leaning back with a contented look in its half-open eyes.

"Really," it said, idly. "I wonder what a thkilled Negothiator could do with thith immenthe bounty - with the gifth' of the godth they have actheth to. Thereth' enough here to feed a People. Like a People of ex-Blithful Dull on the mountainth - five or thicth populationth' worth - all left without thuthenanthe or thupport or even uthable thkillth - not to mention the new Gemego. It would take a Kind heart, a bounty of rethourtheth, a Pathient and well-prepared mathter of Crowth to bother organithing and feeding tho many confused, angry, even unwilling People over time. Until they can find hometh and be Taught utheful thkillth, or even have their Dullneth Cured - and thath' athuming Rav doeth not deal with them firth, in their own way."

The god's triumphant grin felt wider than should have been possible for such a small frame.

"Though they might no longer do them ath ill ath you think - and might open up to a little help from their neighbourth on the Plainth. Make note - Rav hath a Hero called Clamp - a muthical virtuotho and Soul Food Chef. Their other Hero, Tharpie ith hith loyal friend... and there are worthe wayth to be TUFF than having friendth to rely on."

Tittering, it threw itself out of the pile and threw up its hand at the great outpouring of ancient, divine goodwill.

"Thith feath for the ageth, your fruit tho long in the making... whath' it good for, huh? To uthe it to aid and thave one - two uprooted populathionth would be a ton of work and an advantage given up juth for what might be ungrateful, near-worthleth liveth and the likely privilige of yearth of grueling effort to care for them until they can grow TUFF enough to care for themthelveth. It would be a lot thimpler if thome thilly god juth tholved the problem for you, wouldn't it? Then you could thafely build your thrength, train your armieth and defend yourthelf againth the creeping influenthe of otherth - the maddening Crythar moth of all. If the god did that, you could take thith moment to truly thelebrate and enjoy yourthelveth, ath wath ordained by Mygda. Ath you detherve for your yaerth of kindneth, hard work and pathienthe."

Armatur folded its arms together, looking at the two Heroes with a mischievous glint in its eyes.

"Well, that god ate thit, tho I gueth you'll juth have to make do. Really, I couldn't have made a challenge thith appropriate if I even wanted to - tho... fail or thuctheed on your own merith'. Thee ya."

One tiny wave, an impish grin, then it scampered off, never to be seen again.

----------------------------------------------------

Armatur bounded down the branches of the Tree of Ages - looking wistfully around at the sprouting mountains of nuts and fruits. It had wanted to attend the feast properly - together with all of its kin - but... such was life, short as it was. It had set on its course, now. It had thought about tussling with the Horrusk, after Culinarion had 'settled' the Gemego invasion somewhat, but it had come the conclusion to give it a pass. Another age, perhaps that could have been in the cards. Now was too early, too soon, to risk loss and consequence for the mortals of this or the next age.

No, it merely needed to cast its final lot. To be TOUGH ENOUGH to pass its essence to the Middle, in the end.

Little brother Pemphero had spectacularly failed to do so - the only one of their pantheon perhaps, to fall so far, pending on Metzli's success or failure and the benevolence of the spirits.

So, it thought, standing on the brass and felt beach facing the Great Lake of Crow. Perhaps, in passing now, there was an empty spot for Happy Coincidences, left vacant... and perhaps there could be a god who was TOUGH ENOUGH to stretch to fill that empty lot, too. Perhaps trying would be a terrible mistake - but the world would move on, regardless, it thought. Nothing truly hung on its success and failure.

Teeths shining, arms akimbo, tail bobbing, Armatur cracked its neck, held on to its essence for dear life (and a dearer death) to embrace the Tough and Happy Coincidences of this world.

Be TOUGH enough for Two: 1d20 6

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Scribbleykins posted:

Teeths shining, arms akimbo, tail bobbing, Armatur cracked its neck, held on to its essence for dear life (and a dearer death) to embrace the Tough and Happy Coincidences of this world.

Thanks Buddy, you're awesome!! :ocelot: :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

+1 Armatur

Edit: +1 Meztil

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 21, 2018

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
-1 Armatur

Spirit Used: 8
Spirits Remaining: -

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Changing my vote to -1 Meztli because I want to see what comes of the Horrusks and also God Deathhhhh

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah same changing from +1 Yearn to -1 Meztli, I lust for god-death and the horrusk must feed

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

+1 Yearn Mindweave

Remaining: (+-)
Spirituality: 3.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

-1 Meztli

-1, 0
5 SP

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 21, 2018

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Looks like there's going to be no happy ending for Meztli then, as those three -1 votes out of nowhere put me at 10, one short from living.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vote changed. Gotta save someone.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Vote changed. Gotta save someone.

How weak of will.

Asinine vote begging should be a reason for you to slam them with a -1, not the other way around :colbert:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a fan of more godly artifacts and idols for future gods to play with.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Same, that's why I support early game survivors.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Voting is closed.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

A stranger appeared before Baandage and Unicoloro. A stranger with a lot to say. Baandage was certain she was doing this for the future. That's what she told herself at least. But now, she wasn't sure if she could claim that out aloud. Meztli was soon followed by Armatur. The tiny deity spoke of the ancient goddesses', of an ominous fifth god of old and their acts. Of the new divines and the tragedies of this era. Baandage was not really surprised to hear a god admit their fallibility. Solomna had all but admitted killing most of munchega by accident. She wasn't sure how to feel about her patron having been eaten alive. It was not surprising but still cathartic to hear that so much suffering had been caused by mere mistakes rather than malice. If it was true that even Crystar's recent madness might not be her own fault then perhaps there was still hope in seeking peace.

"You should finish your work as you wanted. Forgive me. Please forget I asked you to change course."

"There's no need to apologize. Are you still going to through with your words of a warrior order?"

"Yes, I can't back down. Jericrochet will need warriors sooner or later, I fear. What if those 'Horr Thuk' arise?"

"...I doubt it will be for us to worry about."

(Baandage has reconsidered just how far she is willing to go in name of safety. Unicoloro will finish the fruit as he intended.)

As they travelled Meztli could feel the Horrusk behind them. A quick glimpse over their shoulder revealed a long line of blue shelled critters. More and more were gathering on Meztli's trail. Let them come. The god wouldn't stop this journey for them. When Meztli walked they followed, and when the god stopped in a village they would wait outside. They could follow but they wouldn't have their way, not this time. The people Meztli spoke to set out towards the Tree of Ages, intent on making sure the departed would be remembered this night.

(Meztli has succesfully established the Day of Those Who Have Come Before, a celebration of the dead. It is currently known by the People of the Plains but the idea appeals to people across cultural divides.)

-~X~-

Keeping track of every individual in the City of Light was exhausting work. Crystar wondered if it was even worth it in the end. Perhaps she could lower her guard for a moment. No. She stepped to a balcony overseeing the crystalline city and it's inhabitants. They were all counting on her to keep them safe. She couldn't know what the Gemego might want with her but it couldn't be anything good. If she fell under their spell her work would all be undone. She gazed up towards the dancing lights. Why had she been to only one to return? Was it because-, no, it was no good doubting herself. Reaching the Above had been everything she had wanted. What else could matter in this existence. If so, then why did you hesitate at the last moment? When the others faded away why did you stop in your tracks? No, it was the right choice. It let her hear her goddess' voice one last time. She helped her back to the world below, and for that Crystar was eternally thankful. Why did you throw away your chance to ascend this existence? The doubts wouldn't leave her alone. No. This was where she belonged, yet still... This world was so cold and dark. She couldn't stop shivering. If she could bring the Light to these plains and mountains then maybe she wouldn't have to keep regretting her choice

"My lady!" Another messenger? Crystar tensed up as she learned that the Gemego had come.

-~X~-

Sharpie was eager to grab Yearn's jacket. Leading the city was not for him but a group of stylish daredevils? That'd work. He yanked the jacket from Yearn's grasp and wandered off to greet his underlings without saying a thank you. How rude.

(Yearn falls to 1/3 HP.)

(Rav has gained a group, The Knights in Black Satin. They are an elite, cross-caste warrior order, outfitted with Mindweave to protect them from mental assaults. They aren't many in number, thanks both to strict requirements for joining and the scarcity of the special cloth, but they are effective.)

The sphere of Ghost rippled as Culinarion set to his work. As he twisted and deformed the Essence it took a vivid red color and the consistency of thick slime. He could feel tension in the air, as if space itself was a crystal about to explode under the strain. But bit by bit the world settled down. The Inversion had gone flawlessly. The Gemego wouldn't know what hit them. Well, wouldn't have known if Culinarion hadn't just told them that. It was time to stand back and see what would happen.

Alive, yet not. Thinking, yet not. Incapable of change, yet changed.

(The Gemego have become the Golemego, creatures of Jewel, Ghost and Tsohg. Made of opposites, to call them conflicted would be an understatement. Yet they exist. Somehow. Biologically speaking they are stable, and might even be considered people? Their metabolism produces Tsohg from Ghost, making it renewable on Middle.)

(Tsohg is an inverse of Ghost. It holds the opposite Ideas and is pretty unnatural all around.)

The Blissful went blank in the face as the Gemegos' transfiguration took place. In an instant the soothing thoughts of the Masters disappeared. In their place was an incoherent screaming. The Blissful collapsed like puppets with their strings cut. Many broke down in tears as the horrible reality that they thought they had escaped crashed back in place. Rav's troops, led by the Knights in Black Satin and Sharpie, paused their charge. An army wailing like babies was not what anybody had been expecting. Was the fight over already? Then the fighters stumbled as if a wave had washed over them. The ones not clad in Yearn's Mindweave gasped and struggled to stay on their feet. The Golemego were too distraught to keep the Blissful in line but were still able to project their sheer mental anguish at their enemies. On top of that some of the Blissful were still standing and wildly swinging weapons around. They had no idea what was happening or even who they were, but they could remember they were supposed to be very angry at something. Sharpie cursed his luck. Killing obviously insane people didn't quite sit right with him, but these hostile gems had to go. If the loonies tried to stop them he would do what he had to.

The Knights in Black Satin spent the following day crawling and flying over and around the mountain range, going from Golemego to Golemego, smashing them along with any Blissful still trying to defend them. After the ones closest to the city had been taken care of attention turned to the helpless ex-Blissful. Most were just laying on the ground weeping or wandering in confusion. Yet for all Sharpie knew they could snap back to being killing machines at any moment. What to do? Could they even tie up so many people? It was then that a quith carrying Baandage's message arrived. She would take the Blissful under her care. Some of the Top Brass grumbled. These people were mostly Dulls already, why not just put them back to work? Yet most wouldn't want to do that. This attack was clearly a divine punishment. The new gods had taken offense to their treatment of the Dull. Better get rid of them than risk further catastrophes.

When Baandage finally made it to Rav's gates the locals practically threw the Blissful on her. Good riddance. Just getting them to friendly territory would be an ordeal. And what then? Many of them had been under the "Masters'" care for their whole lives and hadn't even learned language, let alone how to make decisions on their own. Could they even be helped? Baandage was resolved to at least try.

(The freed and surviving Blissful have been taken under Baandage's care.)

Not all Blissful had descended from the mountain. With time the biggest Golemego had regained some degree of clarity, and rallied the most loyal ones to protect them. The giant Golemego were able to mentally assault unprotected fighters, and there was not enough Mindweave to outfit enough people for a proper attack on them. Approaching the Blissful camp was deemed too risky for now. Anyways they'll starve sooner or later up there. There were more pressing matters to worry about. Mainly the smaller Golemego that had been spotted scittering around on the felt plains.

(The giant Golemego remain stuck on the mountains, along with a few Blissful. Most of the smaller ones have scattered to the surrounding lands.)

-~X~-

Once again guests filled the Tree of Ages. People from all corners of the felt plains, Culinarion's cooks, travellers from the City of Light, even revellers from Rav. Crystar still wouldn't attend, claiming she hadn't the time. Baandage sighed. She had hoped that the glowy weirdo would have been able to set her obsessions aside at least for this one special day. You can't have everything, she figured. At least she had been able to save those poor people from the Golemego and Rav. Although a lot remained to be done for them. That would be a worry for tomorrow. Now was the time to be happy for what they had. Well, that while also remembering the ones no longer around. She walked over to a secluded part of the canopy. Those Who Have Come Before did include her patron and the other gods of old. And soon the current pantheon as well. This tree announced their arrivals and their deaths, so it was seen fitting to memorialize them here. Brass plagues were attached to a great branch, each bearing the name of a god, and an epitaph. Not much was known of many of them, and not even their name, in the case of the mysterious Ptheye, possibly Zheye. Still, what little they had learned of the gods had been written down here. From Larien's many accomplishments to Yearn's patronage of Rav. Baandage paused by a particular plaque. "Pemphero. He freed the Dull and then failed to follow up..." Something lied down on the floor below it. A chisel, the one who carved these words must have forgotten it here. Baandage chuckled at the sheer coincidence, it was perfect for what she had been thinking. After she returned to the party the plaque read: "Pemphero, of Happy Coincidences and Best Intentions."

(Armatur falls to 1/3 HP.)

(Armatur has brought a minor bout of good luck on the people of Jericrochet. Something else might also happen?)

Never one for drink and merriment, Unicoloro kept his distance from the center of the party. He retreated to a quiet branch to look down at the world. The grove was barely visible in the dimness of the night. He listened to the silence, and wished that his work would help someone.

-~X~-

(The Perfect Vintage has been consumed by someone. They have also learned the philosophy of Raveolution.)

(Raveolution is a school of philosophy aligned with Adaptability. It's adherents can slowly and gradually alter their body to their liking. Its not the same thing as Cawlisthenics. To put it simple, that one allows you to make your limbs really buff, whereas this one would let you to grow a new one.)

Jvie fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 23, 2018

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

That's all for now, next up will be another mini CYOA. See you soon.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

:stare:

Oh geez, I didn't think they'd take it that badly.

Mind Flayer Rocks have now been turned into Beholders.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 23, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Good night, Middle!

Sleep tight.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jvie posted:

Baandage chuckled at the sheer coincidence, it was perfect for what she had been thinking. After she returned to the party the plaque read: "Pemphero, of Happy Coincidences and Best Intentions."

:love:

Thank You.

See you Pemphero, when you are forced to power some unholy undead God of the underdark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

CourValant posted:

:love:

Thank You.

See you Pemphero, when you are forced to power some unholy undead God of the underdark.

Uh anything powered by the Gods is de facto holy, look it up