Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Paul Bettany will be replacing Matt Smith in The Crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Timby posted:

Paul Bettany will be replacing Matt Smith in The Crown.

gently caress yesssssss!

Smith had been kind of sort of hinting at Ralph Fiennes, but Paul Bettany is an equally excellent choice. Really looking forward to next season. Have they said who's going to be taking over as Margaret, yet?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

esperterra posted:

gently caress yesssssss!

Smith had been kind of sort of hinting at Ralph Fiennes, but Paul Bettany is an equally excellent choice. Really looking forward to next season. Have they said who's going to be taking over as Margaret, yet?

Margaret will be Helena Bonham-Carter.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Timby posted:

Margaret will be Helena Bonham-Carter.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK

This is great.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I don't think any of the new actors look old enough to make the recast worthwhile except Coleman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now Matt Smith is free to be Mister Fantastic in the Marvel Fantastic Four films.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rhyno posted:

Now Matt Smith is free to be Mister Fantastic in the Marvel Fantastic Four films.

With Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Doom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

We don't deserve casting that good, we really don't.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Mads Mikkelson is the one true Doom, sorry wrong people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DC Murderverse posted:

Mads Mikkelson is the one true Doom, sorry wrong people.

That motherfucker is way too understated to play Doom.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

PriorMarcus posted:

Disney read these posts please

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Amongst all its crimes, the biggest thing wrong with that Heathers trailer is the fact they tagged it as Red Band.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

I'm surprised Disney hasn't pushed him into Star Wars.

honestly this feels more like an inevitability than just about anything else, ever.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/hap-and-leonard-season-3-cast-images/amp/

Hap and Leonard season 3 is coming out in March! I’m pumped because for some reason I thought it got cancelled after S2. Kind of wish it was on a channel other than Sundance TV though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LadyPictureShow posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/hap-and-leonard-season-3-cast-images/amp/

Hap and Leonard season 3 is coming out in March! I’m pumped because for some reason I thought it got cancelled after S2. Kind of wish it was on a channel other than Sundance TV though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMp4r5E-brM

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:getin:

E: is there a website that fact checks the episodes of ACS? I feel like one site did that for the OJ season. The guy trying to sell the crime scene photo and the woman dipping a Versace ad in the pool of blood were absolutely ghoulish, but I’m sure people are actually that loving depraved when it comes to celebrity deaths.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 21, 2018

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Amongst all its crimes, the biggest thing wrong with that Heathers trailer is the fact they tagged it as Red Band.

It's got the word clit in it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

EL BROMANCE posted:

Amongst all its crimes, the biggest thing wrong with that Heathers trailer is the fact they tagged it as Red Band and nobody said 'gently caress me gently with a chainsaw'.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

:agreed:

"You're about to get FLAMED" smh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I have a confession to make, this whole time people were talking about Heathers I was thinking of Carrie and getting really confused.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In a way, aren’t we ALL Heathers?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody else watching Grace and Frankie S4? It’s a fun show, but it seems like it might be considered a show for ‘olds’ since the main cast are mid-to-late 70s.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

LadyPictureShow posted:

The fact that I never head anything about that show makes me think that it has to be pretty bad. The cast looks pretty good though.
Would you recommend it?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Holy poo poo.

We watched the first two episodes of Banshee on Amazon Prime last night.

Holy. poo poo.

It reminds me a lot of Justified (which we both love), but more "extreme"... in a good way.

Does the quality stay this good?

It looks like only the first two seasons are available for free streaming, which is unfortunate.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's incredible through the end of season 3. Season 4 is not as good.

Edit: the fight with the MMA guy was NUTS.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 21, 2018

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw that Amazon canceled JCVJ. gently caress you Bezos! This and perhaps Man in High Castle were the only of their shows worth watching so that's a bummer as it was pretty fun and great to see JCVD again in a self-aware role.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Holy poo poo.

We watched the first two episodes of Banshee on Amazon Prime last night.

Holy. poo poo.

It reminds me a lot of Justified (which we both love), but more "extreme"... in a good way.

Does the quality stay this good?

It looks like only the first two seasons are available for free streaming, which is unfortunate.

Banshee is a great guilty pleasure entertainment that you don’t have to feel guilty about. Tons of extreme violence and nudity mixed with everything from Neo Nazis to Native Americans. The last season is a bit of a letdown but well worth watching all of it.

mobby_6kl posted:

Just saw that Amazon canceled JCVJ. gently caress you Bezos! This and perhaps Man in High Castle were the only of their shows worth watching so that's a bummer as it was pretty fun and great to see JCVD again in a self-aware role.

Someone needs to watch the best show on Amazon, Patriot or even Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 21, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Eezee posted:

The fact that I never head anything about that show makes me think that it has to be pretty bad. The cast looks pretty good though.
Would you recommend it?

I really like it. Season 1 is on Netflix, and I think you can still watch Season 2 on AMC. They’re based of Joe Lansdale novels, and Williams and Purefoy play off each other well.

I hadn’t heard of it either until Netflix but like I said Sundance channel. Also each season is only six episodes so it’s not a huge time sink if you try out the first season and decide it’s not your cup of tea.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It's incredible through the end of season 3. Season 4 is not as good.

This is true, but the actual final episode is very good and a great finale.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hap & Leonard is an amazing show, and it's a shame more people here don't watch it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Go check out Patriot, The Tick, and Ms Maisel.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Vegetable posted:

God I hate the guy. Community, Brooklyn Nine-nine and The Good Place. Just a shouty annoying character in all three. Either he's having sex with an influential casting director somewhere or I don't know what.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I remember him being pretty toned down in Enlightened.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Has anyone caught LA to Vegas? Any good?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

nate fisher posted:

Banshee is a great guilty pleasure entertainment that you don’t have to feel guilty about. Tons of extreme violence and nudity mixed with everything from Neo Nazis to Native Americans. The last season is a bit of a letdown but well worth watching all of it.

I hate to ask, but are there any rape scenes? That would be really triggering for my wife, so I'd rather know they're coming to be able to warn her.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I hate to ask, but are there any rape scenes? That would be really triggering for my wife, so I'd rather know they're coming to be able to warn her.

There's at least one that I know about, and I think it's early in the first season. Lots of violent sex, consensual or non. I would honestly recommend staying away from it if that's even a chance.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

swickles posted:

Has anyone caught LA to Vegas? Any good?

It's worth to check out I think. I've enjoyed it so far and it has some good jokes. McDermott is hilarious as Captain Steve. Stormare is also great.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Has the storm passed for Aziz Ansari? I feel like this thread was ready to crucify him a week ago.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Josh Lyman posted:

Has the storm passed for Aziz Ansari? I feel like this thread was ready to crucify him a week ago.

No, he still sucks

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Master of None only has like 3 good episodes in the entire run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Josh Lyman posted:

I think this piece does a good job of sussing out what went wrong and why people seem to be (unfortunately) calming down on him.

To be sure, I still think he was wrong, but he was wrong in a more insidious way that can be blamed more on upbringing and society rather than simply being an rear end in a top hat (note: he's still an rear end in a top hat) like Weinstein and Louis C.K. What Ansari did was clearly damaging, and what little sympathy I have for him is rooted in how he might have turned out a lot different if he had better sex education. But to properly work through the aftermath of it and learn the right lessons requires a far more nuanced conversation than the ones that started this movement.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 21, 2018