Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I actually think Poeltl could easily be on that list of guys who'll be on the all-star team in 2020. No guarantees, obviously, but his game seems to be growing consistently.

I see I'm not the only one who wrote in my pal Jake in the poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Cool Buff Man posted:

The only people being selected like that are reserves

a while ago, but this is wrong. they pick starters and then reserves.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wonder where ol' JV is heading, I love him but he's kind of a relic at times in todays bball

Toronto has loads of trade exceptions laying around. The most common idea is to Memphis with another couple players for Marc Gasol.

Maybe something like JV/Powell/Van Vleet and the 11.8 M trade exception from Demare Carroll, since we don't have a pick to trade

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 20, 2018

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Every time I think JV isn't meshing with the team, he goes and does some cool poo poo. He's been really good in his limited minutes lately tbh. Probably because he gets pulled very quickly when he's ineffective, which sucks for him, but makes him look good when he's actually out there.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

a while ago, but this is wrong. they pick starters and then reserves.

Oh awesome, that's way better! Thanks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CRISPYBABY posted:

Every time I think JV isn't meshing with the team, he goes and does some cool poo poo. He's been really good in his limited minutes lately tbh. Probably because he gets pulled very quickly when he's ineffective, which sucks for him, but makes him look good when he's actually out there.

Consistency has been an issue for him, but maybe he just needs better coaching. If we do deal him, I wish him well.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Boogie will eventually end up on the Spurs and we're gonna loving hate life for a decade

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
My main takeaway from owning JV for a year (2014 or 15) on my fantasy team was:

gently caress and heck to Dwane Casey for every time that he benched JV for the second half after going for like 20 points on 7 of 8 shooting in the first half

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Trade exceptions can't be combined with players to match salary

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CavsJoeG/status/954827134236790785

Kevin Love has a soft immune system

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

needs to eat more plain yoghurt imo it's helped me immensely

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He probably should, he's missed a fair number of games due to illness

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a larval isaiah thomas has infected his lungs and will sprout from his chest during the playoffs, and dunk the ball which is a legal move

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Now that's what I call a chaos dunk

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cleveland has the worst defense in league

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

AggressivelyStupid posted:

He probably should, he's missed a fair number of games due to illness

probably because he's got a bad back; but that info jeopardizes future earnings

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Metapod posted:

Cleveland has the worst defense in league

148 pts in regulation :eyepop:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I didn't realize the Pels slunk into 7th place. It seems like it's going to be one of those years where the last few seeds could come down to a couple games.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/954857522220883969

❤❤❤❤

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

A bench player being that mad for this long rules

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jcameratonbcs/status/954754870065750016

:confuoot:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

chunkles posted:

I didn't realize the Pels slunk into 7th place. It seems like it's going to be one of those years where the last few seeds could come down to a couple games.

They've been in that area most of the season because fifth and eighth place have been separated by like two games at most all season.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
can the bulls afford to trade niko when they're playing so well with him?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
this is just kinda sad

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

EvanTH posted:

can the bulls afford to trade niko when they're playing so well with him?

It's a situation where the realistic upside of keeping him is...what, getting the 14th pick this year and making the 7th seed next year? And then his contract is up, and you have to decide whether to resign a guy who plays the same position as your best young prospect or let him walk for nothing

I am kind of getting to the point where I don't want to dump him just to dump him, though. If you can't get a good offer now, you might as well see if he can sustain this level of play through the end of the season and bump up his value by the offseason

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Enes you had nothing to do with that and you've never won a thing.

:siren: I AM CURRENTLY WATCHING THE WESTCHESTER KNICKS VS THE MAINE RED CLAWS :siren:

Notes so far: Yabusele is like a minotaur who can hit threes

Edit: note 2: tony bennett is on the ted claws but is apparently available for any team to sign

Note 3: Kornet might be an NBA player some day

Edit 4: I think I'll post about this in the GDT instead but Bennett just committed an offensive foul followed by goaltending and the Westchester Knicks appear to play a better game than their NBA counterparts

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 21, 2018

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It actually pisses me off that LMA and Pop are still good enough to keep us towards the top of the standings. He didn't even get to be an all star starter out of it (that's a snub, Dame) this would've been a great Duncan tank year.
Kawhi sits, we get a top ten pick, and all is right with the world. It's not like Danny Green or Tony Parker have been dependably playing healthy this season.
We could prolly even work magic with just the number 15 or 12 pick. Dang it.

EvanTH posted:

Enes you had nothing to do with that and you've never won a thing.
And you're notoriously bad at defense while trying to dog one of the greatest players of all time. Dude's just self-owning at this point. Other players could pull it off but Enes ain't working for me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lma should have been in over boogie.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

this is just kinda sad

It was kind of funny at first

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LMA is all-star game poison. The moment he steps in is the moment all the fun dunks and flashy passes stop and bench scrubs start hoisting up 17" jumpers

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Boogie will eventually end up on the Spurs and we're gonna loving hate life for a decade

I can get behind a Boogie/Kawhi pairing. They're total opposites on basically any personality scale.

Kawhi drives, gets hammered, no call, no expression, runs back on D.
Boogie gets pushed going for the o-board, melts down for 20 seconds, doesn't get back on D.
Manu throws the football pass to cherry picker Boogie, who dunks with ferocity and then mean mugs all 3 refs.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Is Ginobili getting in the reserves or did they only decide to tweak the vote weighting (with it not being entirely fan vote) post-Autistic Rapist Snake Man getting his old man spot.

Apparently the answer is yes when it comes to him starting
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/1/19/16910112/if-this-were-2016-manu-ginobili-would-be-an-all-star-starter
but I'm okay with that if he at least gets in as a reserve. Those are, what, decided by the coaches?

Even at his age he'd be fun as hell in the all star game.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/mkhoops/status/954844191015620609

SCARYJEINFELD
Oct 30, 2012

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

WhyteRyce posted:

LMA is all-star game poison. The moment he steps in is the moment all the fun dunks and flashy passes stop and bench scrubs start hoisting up 17" jumpers

lmao catch me in february complaining about the bench unit coming in during the all star game

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Speaking of all star benches, I'm genuinely surprised how I keep reading articles that assume Lowry is a lock for the game. I get rewarding success but....he is not having an all star season.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I love me some all star weekend but the actual game itself is only fun for the first 5 minutes and maybe the final 3 if someone is gunning for MVP

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Well, jumpers from only 17 inches away ARE a pretty efficient shot, but it's the All-Star game so they should probably try to dunk it from that close instead

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/chrisfedor/status/954876883379871745

Ty Lue is a dead man walking

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Are they having the celebrity game this year? They better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012