Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Xad posted:

Screw it just make every summon Robin Williams

Ew. No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bust Rodd posted:

Disney is so terrified of being tied to anti-semitism because of Walt’s widely held viewpoints that I’d be astonished if any anti-Israel message wasn’t just strictly vetoed across the board.

Walt wasn't an antisemite or a racist, it's really loving annoying that rumor still has legs despite having no real evidence to back it up

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Walt wasn't an antisemite or a racist, it's really loving annoying that rumor still has legs despite having no real evidence to back it up

Yeah, it is annoying. But thanks to the internet, I highly doubt it, or the Walt Was Cyrogenically Frozen rumor will ever go away.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah, it is annoying. But thanks to the internet, I highly doubt it, or the Walt Was Cyrogenically Frozen rumor will ever go away.
We all know he's still alive under Disney World somewhere...just waiting to be thawed out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

We all know he's still alive under Disney World somewhere...just waiting to be thawed out.

He used to be in the Magic Kingdom, under Splash Mountain. But now he's been moved to EPCOT, under Frozen Ever After.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Real talk, I wonder what Walt would think if he spontaneously came back somehow and saw Kingdom Hearts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

drrockso20 posted:

Ok well there’s like 15 articles on the front page of the google search “was Walt Disney an Anti-Semite” just like this one from a Holocaust museum that plainly state many old-guard Hollywood types believed him to be anti-Semitic himself because he did stuff like invite known Nazi filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl to Disney studios like a month after Kristalnacht or helped to found the Motion Picture Alliance which was a stacked deck of anti-semites.

Neal Gabler wrote a biography about Walt Disney and explored these rumors and concluded that he 100% kept and employed racists but was way more of an enigmatic business man who didn’t really hold those attitudes.

So it’s not like the rumors sprang from nothing, he did literally hang out with and employ Nazis, and Disney produced extremely racist and anti-Semitic caricatures in their cartoons, we didn’t just unanimously vote to pretend he sucks.

To his credit I read about when Songs of the South was getting made he screened it and was like “uhh this is pretty racist” and went to the NAACP to try to make it less racist and the only direct quotes regarding him being racist are referring to the 7 dwarves as an “N- Word Pile” and one time he said “Pickaninny”.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 9, 2018

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Good grief. There's now a movie about frozen Walt.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this winnie the pooh poo poo is just too :3:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok well there’s like 15 articles on the front page of the google search “was Walt Disney an Anti-Semite” just like this one from a Holocaust museum that plainly state many old-guard Hollywood types believed him to be anti-Semitic himself because he did stuff like invite known Nazi filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl to Disney studios like a month after Kristalnacht or helped to found the Motion Picture Alliance which was a stacked deck of anti-semites.

Neal Gabler wrote a biography about Walt Disney and explored these rumors and concluded that he 100% kept and employed racists but was way more of an enigmatic business man who didn’t really hold those attitudes.

So it’s not like the rumors sprang from nothing, he did literally hang out with and employ Nazis, and Disney produced extremely racist and anti-Semitic caricatures in their cartoons, we didn’t just unanimously vote to pretend he sucks.

To his credit I read about when Songs of the South was getting made he screened it and was like “uhh this is pretty racist” and went to the NAACP to try to make it less racist and the only direct quotes regarding him being racist are referring to the 7 dwarves as an “N- Word Pile” and one time he said “Pickaninny”.

Apparently Walt had no idea about Leni's political associations or how much of a social faux pas it was to do so until after they had arrived, as for the MPA, his being part of it had more to do with him being anti-union(and honestly Walt was very justified for being so) than anything

Not to say Walt was without prejudices at all, but by the standards of the day he was fairly progressive

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eh he still was a "Friendly' Witness to HUAC.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Eh he still was a "Friendly' Witness to HUAC.

Considering the problems Walt had with those sorts before I don't blame him honestly

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Beat KH2 :toot: looks like there's still a lot of poo poo to do though.

edit: lol got bodied in a millisecond by that weird knight in the portal

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 11, 2018

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Don't worry, that weird knight is a huge jobber and idiot, you'll be beating him with ease in no time. Life itself already beat him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's too bad there was no Reaction Command that would allow Sora to point and yell 'WHAT'S THAT BEHIND YOU' at the Lingering Will.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Edit: Never mind.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 12, 2018

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Pureauthor posted:

It's too bad there was no Reaction Command that would allow Sora to point and yell 'WHAT'S THAT BEHIND YOU' at the Lingering Will.

I want a Reaction Command for Sora to pretend to be a Disney villain. It makes him become friends with you immediately

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
To the person who was wondering about BBS Blank Points requirements, for standard mode I saw a video where you do have to get the 9999 unversed trophy and complete sticker albums but not need the rest of the journal stuff complete. For proud I think it was that you need to complete the sticker albums but I'm not sure. That was on PS3, so assuming it didn't change it'd be same for ps4

Can't really verify, since I only ever played BBS on Beginner and Critical difficulties, and with Crit you just unlock stuff by beating it, and Crit isn't very difficult so yeah

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Shitfuck, playing terra's story in birth by sleep final mix, equinus is making GBS threads all over me, any tips ?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

You mean Eraqus? Do you have Ragnarok? If not, you should get it. Nice long distance attack to avoid his more annoying moves.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
from what i remember for any fight except the bonus bosses you can do just fine with a bunch of surge commands (fire, thunder), maxed-out attack haste, increased elemental damage, and second chance/once more with a curaga and probably a leaf bracer for extra safety. look up a command melding guide on gamefaqs if you haven't already cus that stuff is bs without it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

Shitfuck, playing terra's story in birth by sleep final mix, equinus is making GBS threads all over me, any tips ?

Keep hitting the dodge button and never stop.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Yeah, Eraqus' deal is that he's supposed to punish you for all-out aggression all the time. Dodge, watch his patterns, but most importantly equip a bunch of Surge and Curaga commands and make sure you have Leaf Bracer/Once More/Second Chance support skills.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What the gently caress? Leonard Nimoy voiced Old Xenahort??

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
KH has a large number of Big Name VAs, probably thanks to the Disney connection.

Although the trend is that they get a big name like Billy Zane, Christopher Lee, Nimoy etc for the debut role of the character and they get recast during sequels or whatnot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

:rip:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Mark Hamill was Eraqus too.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Pureauthor posted:

KH has a large number of Big Name VAs, probably thanks to the Disney connection.

Although the trend is that they get a big name like Billy Zane, Christopher Lee, Nimoy etc for the debut role of the character and they get recast during sequels or whatnot.

It's more because Christopher Lee and Leonard Nimoy are, unfortunately, :rip: rather than a deliberate recasting decision.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm pretty sure Corey Burton played DiZ more times than Christopher Lee did while he was alive.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They didn't use Christopher Lee for DiZ/Ansem the Wise past KHII and Days and he was very much alive for most of the other games. They even re-recorded the cutscenes for Days with the newer VA's for the movie version in 1.5 to keep it consistent.

I don't know how anyone can ever match Leonard Nimoy's brilliant performance as Xehanort though. What a trip Birth By Sleep is. And that twelve-minute long monologue at the end of DDD is killer.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Get Mark Hamill to do both Xehanort AND Eraqus, problem solved.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Nimoy used his Galvatron voice for Xeh, so bring in Frank Welker.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Recasting Ansem was because Lee was not in great condition by that point, from what I understand. He appeared in The Hobbit movies, because Peter Jackson went way out of his way to make sure he was taken care of.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ian McKellen, however, felt miserable and cried on set.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

Ian McKellen, however, felt miserable and cried on set.

Lee was and is more important than Ian and he drat well knows it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
McKellan cried because trying to properly act as though you are leading a team of 13 people is exhausting when they are all in another room and their dialogue is piped in and you are being greenscreened so nothing is real but you have to sell it and you’re all by yourself because everyone else is shooting on the Tiny People set.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

McKellan cried because trying to properly act as though you are leading a team of 13 people is exhausting when they are all in another room and their dialogue is piped in and you are being greenscreened so nothing is real but you have to sell it and you’re all by yourself because everyone else is shooting on the Tiny People set.

Honestly those movies were sort of made because they had to be and it's a fair shame, because everyone involved was so talented, but placed in just the worst circumstances to make such films. They should never, though, have tried to make the Hobbit a trilogy, what a terrible idea. At most you split it in half.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
They made it because the project was on shaky ground with no director attached and PJ stepped in to direct despite having no desire to do so and only having three months to plan everything out. (in comparison, pre-production on LotR was over two years) And he only did so because people's jobs depended on that movie getting made. It was more charity than a passion project and the end result is about as good as could have been expected given the circumstances.

I still wonder what a Kingdom Hearts movie would look like, though from what I've heard Wreck It Ralph 2 is going to be about as close as we'll get.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I still wonder what a Kingdom Hearts movie would look like
Sora, Riku, and Kairi's actors are in their twenties but trying to pass off as fourteen year-olds, while every single Disney character is done in somewhat-passable CG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Sora, Riku, and Kairi's actors are in their twenties but trying to pass off as fourteen year-olds, while every single Disney character is done in somewhat-passable CG.

Hades is still played by James Woods in an elaborate costume.