Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
I think this was the Hangman's Gambit where letters would spawn close enough to each other on the same edge of the screen that they'd explode immediately on becoming visible.

I get the feeling they didn't focus much on testing the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: I'm Monomi... By now, there's nothing more for me to say...
: Anyway, my chest is full of pride right now!
: Everyone is united against despair... They're totally awesome!
: That's why...I'm gonna fight, too!

: I will fight the only way I can... I'm gonna show that guy my fearsome retaliation!
: ...
: ...That's basically it.

: So if we're workin' togther, where do we start? With the cause of death missin' from the Monokuma File?
: Why don't we try removing all our preconceived notions before we discuss this. In the beginning, our discussion advanced by assuming Nagito's death was caused by the spear... It's better to confirm if there are any other possibilities...that's what I think.
: Other possibilities, huh...

: If something other than the spear killed Nagito, all I can think of is the knife stabbed into his hand but...
: That was definitely a gruesome wound, but...it wouldn't be the fatal wound, don't you think?
: Hmm...
: If you think the cuts on his legs and left arm aren't the fatal wounds...
: Hmmmmmmmmm...

: ...Are we finished already?
: I feel like...it's possible that we overlooked something...

Overlooked, huh...

: Then let's bring up whatever we can think of, one after the other. That might clear some things up.
: Exactly! We should cooperate at a time like this!

A fatal wound that wasn't the spear... We don't know if it actually exists, but if it does...

...We need to find out what it is no matter what.

: Let us consider a different fatal wound!
: It's not the knife in his right hand, right?
: It's not the other wounds, right?
: With all those wounds...
: Maybe he simply bled to death.
: There's no way he burned to death.
: Was the cause of death something that cannot be seen?
: If it's somethin' that can't be seen...
: Maybe he choked himself with a sleeper hold...
: Or liquefied his guts with a body blow!
: Just thinking about it, that's already a horrible death!

The real cause of Nagito's death... Is there something I overlooked?

: Time to step outside the crime scene. We found one particular item in Nagito's cottage that could have killed him. One that we wouldn't have noticed either.

> Shoot "something that cannot be seen" with "Monokuma's Special Poison"

: That's it... I totally forgot about that possibility... If the cause of death was something we can't see...then we have to consider poison as a possible method.
: Poison...?
: It is true that poison is not something we can see but... Why did you bring that up all of a sudden?
: I remember...when I went to investigate Nagito's cottage, I discovered something really strange...

: Inside the refrigerator, I found a bottle of Monokuma's Special Poison.
: P-P-P...Poison!?
: ...Additionally, that's a poison made specifically for killing.

: I see...now that you mention it... There's no way a toxin like that doesn't relate to the case at all.
: I-If poison was the cause of death, it would not leave an obvious wound on Nagito's body...!
: However, it's common for blood blotches to appear on a body that's been poisoned...
: I see... You sure seem to know a lot about "medicine".
: ...What does that mean?

: But...even if blood blotches appear, if the body was already covered in blood...there's no way we'd notice them easily, right?

: D-Did he wound his body just to camouflage them!?
: ...That's also a possibility.

: But still...both of Nagito's hands were full, so how would he drink poison?
: His left hand was tied up and grippin' the spear...and his right hand had a knife stuck in it...
: If it was a slow-acting poison, it is possible he consumed it in advance.
: No, the warning label on the bottle explicitly states the effect is instant.
: Then it's impossible. Both of his hands were full just before he died.
: ...And this is when the hard tail appears!
: You're totally overvaluing that tail!

: His mouth was covered with duct tape, you know. If he wanted to drink poison, how'd he get it past his lips?
: If there's no way he could've drank the poison, it might be impossible...
: ...Just kidding, it's not like we're out of possibilities yet.
: ...Are there any left?
: Hell no! No matter how you slice it, he was totally killed by that spear!

: Since we've already ruled out so many possibilities, it might be easier to think about what really killed him.
: Operation Elimination Method! The hint should be written on the poison's warning label...maybe.

The way the poison entered Nagito's body... The answer is written on the warning label? I should think carefully...and try to remember it...!

: Ramping up the difficulty even though this Logic Dive is only 2 questions long. Better be good at dodging obstacles!

: It was stored as a liquid in the bottle, but we established that Nagito couldn't eat or drink it because of the duct tape on his mouth. That means it could only be in a gaseous state. The warning label even states that it's extremely dangerous when vaporized.

> Gas

: This part gets tricky and you absolutely must slow down if you don't have the Turn Speed increase skill. If you don't feel like weaving you can attempt to jump along the narrow path seen above Hajime but good luck, those jumps are very tough.

: If the poison was in a gaseous state, the most likely way that he died from it was by breathing it through his nose since, again, his mouth was taped up.

> Through his nose

: One downward spiral and jump later, we hit the end.

: What if instead of drinking the poison, we assume he inhaled it?
: Inhaled...?
: It's written on the poison's warning label...

"This enchanted liquid is highly potent and takes effect immediately. Please handle with care. Though its volatility is low, this liquid is very dangerous when vaporized."

: "Dangerous when vaporized"... In other words, breathing in the gas is fatal.
: Poison gas! Then all he had to do was breathe it in through his nose!
: He breathed that poisonous gas inside the warehouse? But if poisonous gas had spread throughout the warehouse, why didn't it kill us?

The reason we didn't breath in the poisonous gas... I should be able to explain that mystery too...

> The sprinklers

: The sprinklers in the warehouse... Thanks to those, we didn't inhale that poison gas.

: The poison gas disappeared 'cause of the sprinklers? It wasn't the fire?

: Well... This was also written on the poison's warning label...

"In a gaseous state, it is heavier than air, it breaks down in minutes, and it is susceptible to hydrolysis. So it is possible for you to poison someone to death without any complications."

: ...Of course, hydrolysis! The chemical bonds that form the poison were broken down by the water from the sprinklers!
: Also, the poison is apparently denser than air, so it probably didn't affect us cuz we were standing...
: But Nagito was layin' down, so he musta breathed in a whole bunch of it, huh...
: If it meets the requirements that well, maybe it's not *just* a possibility anymore.
: Yeah, the true cause of Nagito's death...was poisoning! The wounds on his body, the spear in his stomach... it was all to keep us from learning the tru--

Music cuts out.

: So what?
: Huh?

: We figured out that Nagito died from poison but...so what? In the end, it doesn't change the fact that he committed suicide, right? Then enough already!
: Nagito inhaled the poison he prepared and died... Yeah, that still sounds like a suicide.
: Well, with this, we have a clearer picture. We've also determined the true cause of death...

: All right! All the mysteries should be solved now! We should get on with the voting time, right!?
: W-Well...but...
: What? There's still more?

I mean... Not all the mysteries have been solved yet. In the end...Nagito's motive is still unclear...

Did he really commit suicide just so he could kill every last one of us? Was that really his motive?

Is that...really okay...?

: ...H-Hey, what happened? There's no reason to wonder about that stuff anymore, you know.

Nagito's motive... Nagito's malice...

...Is this really okay? Can we really finish this here? No...that can't be...

Music cuts out.

: There might've been...an accomplice.

...Huh?

: Ch-Chiaki? What did you just say?
: If Nagito committed suicide by inhaling poison that he brought... Then why wasn't there anything that looked like poison at the crime scene?
: Anything that looked like poison...?
: If Nagito brought poison to the warehouse, it's strange that we couldn't find it there...

If Nagito really brought the poison to the warehouse, then the thing that would've been left behind is...

> The container

: Are you...talking about the container the poison was kept in?
: Yeah. If Nagito brought it, it's strange we couldn't find that container anywhere, right?
: He can't carry around poison without putting it in a container?
: Yeah, that was written on the warning label...

"Keep this liquid secure by storing it in a cool place in a glass or plastic container, away from sunlight."

: The container...probably melted in the fire.
: It's probably plastic or glass, right? There's no way it'd completely incinerate...

: Even the plastic fragments of the fire grenades we used to put out the fire didn't completely burn up, you know?

: Then...does that mean someone got rid of the container?
: So that's why you mentioned an accomplice!
: Th-That is impossible! I mean...an accomplice? It is just too...!

: L-Like...does that really matter all that much...? I mean...even if he had an accomplice... It doesn't change the fact that Nagito still committed suicide...
: Y-You're right... Someone might've accidentally took it away from the crime scene...
: Ah, you're right! You're totally right! That's totally it!
: Right? Isn't it okay to close this case yet? I'm not in the mood for unexpected twists!

I don't want to hurt anyone... I don't want to get hurt anymore...by hurting someone else.

Everyone's tired...tired of doubting everyone else... I...I also feel that way.

That's why I want to just rule this as "Nagito's suicide". If I do that...nobody here has to get hurt...

Music fades out.

But...

: That's no good...
: ...Huh?

: I feel like...Nagito is seeing through us. By calling this "Nagito's suicide," we're trying to take the easy way out so we don't hurt anyone else...

: But if Nagito was here right now... He'd probably be sneering at us. He'd probably say something like, "So that's the extent of your hopes."

: ...So Nagito's ghost is whispering to you, huh!? Puhuhu! The power of friendship bursts beyond death, eh? A fiery outcome like this is right out of a teen manga!
: ...Still, that's pretty messed up.
: Shut up! You just be quiet!

: I-I get what you're saying but... In the end, the reason he died is still the same as before, right? Even if we solve this mystery, the conclusion won't change at all...
: I mean...it'd be a suicide regardless, right?

: E-Even if there really was an accomplice... Is there any reason we should take the time to figure out who it is? Like Fuyuhiko said earlier, it is possible that somebody accidentally removed the poison from the crime scene...
: But...I just can't imagine ending this by turning our backs on the truth...!

: It's fine, okay!? There are some things we're better off not knowin'!
: And we prolly just didn't notice it! Like, maybe the container was hidin' with the fire grenade fragments...

Music cuts out.

: ...!

Wh-What is this feeling just now...!? Even though it was brief...it was like a strong flash of light running through the back of my head...

Maybe...what Akane said just now might be a new clue.

...From there, I might be able to reach the answer.

The way Nagito brought the poison... Which means...the thing he used as a container was...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think people theorised this earlier in the mystery. Nagito filled one of the fire grenades with poison, relying on his luck to ensure that that one gets taken by the person he was trying to draw out. That person, unwittingly, killed him. So they'd have to sacrifice themselves to save everyone else.

...possibly. It was still Nagito's plan, Nagito's methods, and the actual killer wouldn't have even known they were doing it. If it weren't a suicide it'd be pretty unambiguous that the mastermind was the real murderer here. In this case it might be a little unclear which way Monokuma would judge it.

Though I'm not sure this really forces the traitor to out themselves. If the gang still nominates Nagito as a suicide - since that'd be the best option available if no one claims it - then either Monokuma agrees, and everyone survives, or Monokuma disagrees, and the traitor survives. The outcome Nagito is looking for is the only one where the traitor would lose, and it depends on them making that sacrifice.

Although maybe his real aim was to get everyone to unify, and hold onto their hope in each other despite the knowledge of the traitor.

But on the other hand, he really seemed to lose faith in the other characters' ability to embody hope.

...what the hell, Nagito.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The apparent method of death - "murder" by "attempt to extinguish a fire" makes this case seemingly impossible to win.

If Nagito put the poison into only one fire grenade, there is no way to determine which person killed them, and therefore the killer can't be reasonably picked.
If Nagito put the poison into multiple grenades, there's no method for picking out multiple killers when voting (or, as above, determining which specific person's grenade killed him). Every survivor voting for another survivor won't produce the needed majority anyway.

Therefore the only possible right answer remains to pick "Nagito" as the killer.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 21, 2018

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That method makes this case impossible to win, though.

If Nagito put the poison into only one fire grenade, there is no way to determine which person killed them, and therefore the killer can't be reasonably picked.
If Nagito put the poison into multiple grenades, there's no method for picking out multiple killers when voting.

Therefore the only possible right answer remains to pick "Nagito" as the killer.

I guess we can't actually rule out completely that someone set the whole thing up to look like a convoluted suicide, in which case they would've known exactly which grenade to use. Far more in character for Nagito than anyone else, but the possibility of regained memories changing a personality has already been established, and it's not like stupidly complicated plots are anything knew. Kind of a stretch and maybe ultimately not as satisfying as Nagito having pulled off this insane utterly bastardly plan, but then again as people have been saying, having someone executed because they killed him completely by chance doesn't work very well either.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As other people have said before, this trial is the reason why I am so glad DR2 is being lped. Every trial has had some modicum of logic behind it as those responsible for the murder at least had somewhat of a clear motive. This trial though all that is thrown out the window as the one who perpetrated it was insane and everybody has to twist and bend their understanding of logic if they want to have a chance to survive.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

When they mentioned the poison I was all like "oh he poisoned the knife, easy peasy. Or at least the spear". Nope :stare:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 21, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

The apparent method of death - "murder" by "attempt to extinguish a fire" makes this case seemingly impossible to win.

If Nagito put the poison into multiple grenades, there's no method for picking out multiple killers when voting (or, as above, determining which specific person's grenade killed him). Every survivor voting for another survivor won't produce the needed majority anyway.

The problem with that assumption is that you're assuming Monokuma operates on the same assumptions. If he knew who delivered the killing blow, it doesn't matter if the students can't narrow it down - you vote wrong, you die.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

ApplesandOranges posted:

The problem with that assumption is that you're assuming Monokuma operates on the same assumptions. If he knew who delivered the killing blow, it doesn't matter if the students can't narrow it down - you vote wrong, you die.

1 in 6 odds worked in roulette, too bad Nagito's not here to take a random guess at the killer.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hence the "seemingly impossible to win" part of my quote statement. For a non-Nagito killer, there is simply no possible way to accurately determine the actual killer.

Also, if the end result is a non-Nagito killer, who gets executed, that will be an incredibly unsatisfying and infuriating development. Unsatisfying because the "killer" had no intention of actually killing anyone AND the one who ended up killing them is already dead.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 21, 2018

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I mean, an elaborate plan to kill one person that involves self sacrifice sounds exactly as crazy as you would expect from Nagito. It’s just that he’s already been “executed” for his killing. If that is indeed what is going on.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I think Tenebrais is on the right track in assuming that Nagito relied on his super luck to ensure that the traitor would be the one to throw the poison canister. Therefore, if Nagito's luck holds, finding out who is the traitor would also reveal the murderer.

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 21, 2018

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

dude789 posted:

I think Tenebrais is on the right track in assuming that Nagito relied on his Super Luck but it's possible he took it one step further and trusted that his luck would make it so the traitor would end up throwing the poisoned canister. Therefore, if Nagito's luck holds finding out who is the traitor would also reveal who murdered him.

Where is the evidence bullet that proves that only one grenade was tampered with and not multiple? Where is the evidence bullet that proves a specific person is the so-called "traitor"? Where is the evidence bullet that will proves that the traitor and only the traitor picked the only poisoned grenade?

"Super luck god mode" is not in the truth bullet list.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Every one of the killers so far has used methods related to their talent, I believe. If the idea is that Nagito is turning things around and killing someone after he's dead, that pattern may still hold.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zoe posted:

Every one of the killers so far has used methods related to their talent, I believe. If the idea is that Nagito is turning things around and killing someone after he's dead, that pattern may still hold.

Peko did not. Same with Mikan.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

I still think even if only the traitor had the poisoned consider, they could argue they were just a tool like Peco almost got away with. I believe Nagito would be more careful than that in setting his trap. Crazy as he was, he was also very clever.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well, if you look at more than just the direct act of murder it still fits, anyway.

Mikan had the means to do what she did in the first place because she was taking care of the sick and in a position to take advantage of Ibuki.

Peko used her sword and her abilities as a means of escape and cover up after the murder.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Even if it isn't the person who throws the fire grenade, I'm 95% sure that monokuma is going to suggest that the person who starts Nagito's rube goldberg execution device will be ruled the killer. And Nagito was just hoping to screw the traitor with his device.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoe posted:

Quick, which of the characters we've seen would be the most likely to have an evil(er) twin?

Definitely Akane.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Where is the evidence bullet that proves that only one grenade was tampered with and not multiple? Where is the evidence bullet that proves a specific person is the so-called "traitor"? Where is the evidence bullet that will proves that the traitor and only the traitor picked the only poisoned grenade?

The traitor is his intended victim and they're going to have to reveal themselves to take the fall. No truth bullets needed.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Also, if the end result is a non-Nagito killer, who gets executed, that will be an incredibly unsatisfying and infuriating development. Unsatisfying because the "killer" had no intention of actually killing anyone AND the one who ended up killing them is already dead.

You're thinking about how much you want to **** Nagito, aren't you?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Who What Now posted:

The traitor is his intended victim and they're going to have to reveal themselves to take the fall. No truth bullets needed.

That doesn't make any sense.

Specifically: That still cannot be proven. There is still no way to prove beyond any doubt that only one and one specific fire grenade had the poison in it, and there is still no way to prove that specific grenade was thrown by the traitor, and even if the "traitor" was willing to sacrifice themselves - which I sure as hell wouldn't be for a bullshit "heads I win tails you lose" setup like this - they still would be taking a guess because even they have no actual way of knowing whether or not they did it. And no "Nagito is literally god and can do literally anything" is not in the Truth Bullet list.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 21, 2018

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I love that this case involves trying to figure out the weird crap an insane person might try and pull on something simple.

Also props to Akane for accidentally possibly putting forward the needed clue!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DR1 case 2 ended with the whole blue jacket slip from Mondo which was the only way we knew the killer. We don't always get all the information we need before the Trial

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually, Peko used her sword for climbing out, which isn't a great use of her talent but it was something tangentially related. As for Mikan, she actually used her medical knowledge to obscure the time of death by turning on the heaters in the music venue. Though she was the only person that would've been able to tell the time of death was obscured in that way, but up to that point everyone had trusted her autopsy results.

And while we're here, I guess Teruteru used his cooking knowledge to hide the iron skewer in the meat, though that's not really talent-worthy and instead just laughably ridiculous.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Honestly, I'm torn between wither Nagito's final motive was "Spite the traitor" or "Spite everyone unless they solve all the crazy batshit insane stuff he did in advance."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Also props to Akane for accidentally possibly putting forward the needed clue!

So it was his hard tail?!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nagito using the ultimate stroke of bad luck (his death) to create an ultimate stroke of good luck to find the traitor is kind of badass and completely in character for him.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Guys, guys, we have nothing to worry about. If Monokuma wants to execute the wrong person, Monomi will shout at him. It'll all be fine.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

...what the hell, Nagito.

What the hell, Nagito: Let's Play Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Sindai posted:

Nagito using the ultimate stroke of bad luck (his death) to create an ultimate stroke of good luck to find the traitor is kind of badass and completely in character for him.

Huh. Never thought about it like this, but maybe the reason he took the time to make it so brutal with the slashed legs etc. was because of his understanding of how his twisted luck works. The worse the thing that happens to him, the bigger the good luck rebound will be.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Specifically: That still cannot be proven.

Literally nothing in this game is ever proven, it's all based on conjecture and assumptions and wild leaps of logic. So you're probably gonna have to just prepare yourself to be disappointed with the results of this case.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Zoe posted:

Huh. Never thought about it like this, but maybe the reason he took the time to make it so brutal with the slashed legs etc. was because of his understanding of how his twisted luck works. The worse the thing that happens to him, the bigger the good luck rebound will be.

Beyond making the rest earn their victory because Nagito, this is very much possible. And when Monokuma wants a killer, pilot is probably picking "whoever started the suicide chain" because maximum despair - in this case Chiaki who set off the fireworks.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: Sorry that this isn't really an update, but I have to do this or Fedule might ban me for forgetting. :ohdear:

: From the previous update:

: Well, he really only requested the little meat on the bone option here, but I decided to also see what happens if you try to agree with Akane about all her front tail theories.

: From Trial 5 Part 2:

: From Trial 5 Part 3:

: With this, my account's safety has been secured!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fedule posted:

ゴゴゴゴ
ゴゴゴゴ
ゴゴゴゴ

Man, FP, I thought you were kidding.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
wait wouldn't that make fedule monokuma and fpzero monomi?

I have done it I have cracked the code.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Specifically: That still cannot be proven. There is still no way to prove beyond any doubt that only one and one specific fire grenade had the poison in it, and there is still no way to prove that specific grenade was thrown by the traitor, and even if the "traitor" was willing to sacrifice themselves - which I sure as hell wouldn't be for a bullshit "heads I win tails you lose" setup like this - they still would be taking a guess because even they have no actual way of knowing whether or not they did it. And no "Nagito is literally god and can do literally anything" is not in the Truth Bullet list.

I see the following possibilities (to reiterate some points I've made previously and add a few more):
1. Nagito poisoned one of the grenades. It was marked or in some way distinguishable, or at the least its position on the pile could be determined by watching the camera recordings. Monokuma could thus observe which student picked up and subsequently threw the grenade. That student is the murderer. Nagito knew that the traitor, and only the traitor, had access to the same recordings, and could therefore uncover the same information, but not without publicly exposing themselves (because nobody would believe that evidence unless they understood how it had been gathered).

2. Nagito put a little poison in every one of the grenades. Monokuma is unable to precisely determine which thrown grenade released the specific cloud of poison which killed Nagito. The blackened is therefore unknown. If the students vote for anyone as the killer, Monokuma rules that they are wrong and kills them all. Only by working out that the killer cannot be determined and refusing to vote for anyone can the students successfully pass the trial, breaking the structure of the system in the process.

3. Nagito put a little poison in every one of the grenades. Monokuma can determine from the recordings which grenade killed Nagito. Reduces to case 1 above (traitor must reveal new information).

4. Nagito put a little poison in every one of the grenades. Monokuma is unable to precisely determine which thrown grenade released the specific cloud of poison which killed Nagito. The students argue that therefore, they should all be considered the blackened, and they should all get to leave the island. I can't see Monokuma accepting that meekly, but in this instance, voting for a deceased student gets them all freed. I am doubtful that this is the outcome, but it's an interesting thought-experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Proven, no.

Confessed... maybe?

• Locked thread