Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Thoatse posted:

(r9 290) :iiam:

My card too, had one computer shutdown and more or less same problems with the tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
#mycardtoo

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

What’s the sound of one vampire crypt clapping in the still wind of a dark New Orleans night during a hurricane that just took out Florida and there is no internet and one man screams at his mobile phone to “get a signal so I can loving finish” while in Hollywood Porsche’s get attached to tow trucks with those little ramps and the guy is stepping on a soft XXXL size digital shirt code for a space game that never was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tt04ZSlbZ0

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

The Titanic had a crew of 908 people.

I never took you for that kind of ship.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Thoatse posted:

Their dinners cost $350?

$350
+
$1000 minimum prior investment in game
+
Airline + Hotel Expenses for non-locals
=
:gary:

The Titanic posted:

What’s the sound of one vampire crypt clapping in the still wind of a dark New Orleans night during a hurricane that just took out Florida and there is no internet and one man screams at his mobile phone to “get a signal so I can loving finish” while in Hollywood Porsche’s get attached to tow trucks with those little ramps and the guy is stepping on a soft XXXL size digital shirt code for a space game that never was?
It sounds like the future teaser trailer for the movie version of this thread.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

The Titanic posted:

It’s up to you guys now. Are you bad enough dudes to save the thread? :mufasa:

It was always you. The solution was in your heart all along. You’ve saved this thread.

Exclusively.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

The Titanic posted:

It’s up to you guys now. Are you bad enough dudes to save the thread? :mufasa:

I'm bad enough to do something, sure.

trucutru posted:

I never took you for that kind of ship.

Hey. You can't buy that ship. That ship has to be earned in game. Real classy like.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Christ I've just thought about how people sexualise boats. For fucks sake they are launched by smashing and spraying liquid all over them. God help us all.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"Lifeboats? I don't like using them, I prefer the feeling of hypothermia and shark attacks if the bitch is gunna sink on me." :smuggo:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Steam Boat Willie is the name of my new sex toy. For maximum pleasure I set it to RAMMING SPEED. When I really get saucy I get a mouse involved.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:justpost:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

If you are lurking, just post. It can be terrible. Just improve your posting by just posting. Can't edit a style if you aren't gunna apply that style. Or develop one to begin with.

Idea for a video: Take a video of a star citizen planet being zoomed in on and overlay it with sounds of the journalist from starship troopers saying, "IT'S A BUG PLANET"

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
[_] Ban Tophat
[x] Free Tophat
[_] {insert comedy option here}

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

A moderator has told me to just post. I feel I risk probation if I do not attempt to fulfill the request, nay, order.

Pretty much every each time I try to formulate a post this bit happens, except with, "because I'm probated," added the end of it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"They say you can hear the ocean if you put a seashell to your ear!"

Ben Lesnik places the conch to his ear and throws it to the ground.

"How dare you call me a shill repeatedly!"

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please do not risk a ban for mod sass by not posting, spacefriend :glomp:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

He tries another one and it's a deafening recital of Mirificus' posts.

"I wanted a blue ocean," Lesnik says with sadness as he settles for forty second place.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I heard of you put a piece of poo poo to your ear you can hear the brown sea

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lack of Gravitas posted:

[_] Ban Tophat
[_] Free Tophat
[x] Tophat is a Derek Smart parachute

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

#timesup

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Please do not risk a ban for mod sass by not posting, spacefriend :glomp:

I've been just posting in other threads, I guess I do owe this thread my tribute.

Derek's posts are like if a robot had some kind of food pyramid and followed the guidelines of ingredients in the meals it prepares. Just the right amount of 'perfect in every way', with a liberal sprinkling of abrupt condescending sentences, set off with a seasoning of recursion and a crust that has been called and linked a hundred times for that true warlord experience. It might be decent enough to nourish the robot's idea of how the food pyramid works, but I want something more nourishing to chew, something more varied.

True story, I once took acid with my best friend and he got caught in a recursive loop of saying the exact same loving thing over and over. I've known this guy for like a decade now, and we've never had a physical altercation. Until that day. It was very minor but my buddy repeating the same loving thing over and over and over drove me to the brink. It's my absolute hate and it can turn almost any cheerful circumstance into a furious situation. And in this case? I'm talking like for five minutes the same drat exchange is repeated. This is on mind altering acid and weed bear in mind, so I should be in a pretty peaceful and insightful mood right? But I got so incensed by the mindless repetition, the rote verbalization, the trite pattern that was being blithely followed that I actually kicked the guy out of my house for half an hour as he was driving me that mad from repeating the same poo poo over. And over. And over again.

Imagine how I feel after 3+ years of reading and posting in this thread to see the exact same kind of loving posts from Derek that happened from the start. The smug face, the fives, the vinces, the condescending, the calls. Put it this way...I don't think I can enjoy Mac and Cheese ever again.

I get it. He serves a purpose, he's the warlord, etc etc. But at some point you gotta start cooking your own meals instead of looking to the robot on how to do it, or worse, approval that the meal you prepared meets the pyramid's specification of what a good meal is.

What I'm saying is...full anarchy now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thoatse posted:

I heard of you put a piece of poo poo to your ear you can hear the brown sea

Nice refactor of the joke just above you, I called that joke exactly 2 minutes before you did, see you in comedy court

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Not a whole load of effort went into that post by the way, about the same amount of effort Derek uses when using thesaurus.com

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaSu0RgRUh8

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Quavers posted:

I expected a thumb print tbh

Well played sir

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Hm. It's 7.30am already and I haven't slept. Guess it's time for more-

Whoah! I haven't heard this song by Hell Orbs! Hell yeah! I have cranked this up loud so that when I am no longer in the skeleton zone, I won't hear a kindly civil servant saying, "SIR IT'S TIME TO EVACUATE THE PLANET, WE MUST LEAVE"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AP posted:

I don't see why you can't share your opinion, it's certainly not like you work there, because I'm sure you don't.

Courterpoint, MoMA is in fact Toast. I think he can´t post because the issue goes well over his head, since he is just a poxy paralegal. Probably less relevant than French.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lack of Gravitas posted:

[_] Ban Tophat
[_] Free Tophat
[x] Put Tophat in a box with a vial of poison

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

If I were Derek's parachute, I would make a blog post about how I'm gunna keep my ear real close to the ground for future star citizen developments

then I would cut the wire to the parachute and proceed to fall and slam into mother earth harder than a shitizen hits buy for a jpeg and more violently than any clipping found in the 'verse

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

Hm. It's 7.30am already and I haven't slept. Guess it's time for more-

Whoah! I haven't heard this song by Hell Orbs! Hell yeah! I have cranked this up loud so that when I am no longer in the skeleton zone, I won't hear a kindly civil servant saying, "SIR IT'S TIME TO EVACUATE THE PLANET, WE MUST LEAVE"

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Mr.Tophat posted:

I've been just posting in other threads, I guess I do owe this thread my tribute.

Derek's posts are like if a robot had some kind of food pyramid and followed the guidelines of ingredients in the meals it prepares. Just the right amount of 'perfect in every way', with a liberal sprinkling of abrupt condescending sentences, set off with a seasoning of recursion and a crust that has been called and linked a hundred times for that true warlord experience. It might be decent enough to nourish the robot's idea of how the food pyramid works, but I want something more nourishing to chew, something more varied.

True story, I once took acid with my best friend and he got caught in a recursive loop of saying the exact same loving thing over and over. I've known this guy for like a decade now, and we've never had a physical altercation. Until that day. It was very minor but my buddy repeating the same loving thing over and over and over drove me to the brink. It's my absolute hate and it can turn almost any cheerful circumstance into a furious situation. And in this case? I'm talking like for five minutes the same drat exchange is repeated. This is on mind altering acid and weed bear in mind, so I should be in a pretty peaceful and insightful mood right? But I got so incensed by the mindless repetition, the rote verbalization, the trite pattern that was being blithely followed that I actually kicked the guy out of my house for half an hour as he was driving me that mad from repeating the same poo poo over. And over. And over again.

Imagine how I feel after 3+ years of reading and posting in this thread to see the exact same kind of loving posts from Derek that happened from the start. The smug face, the fives, the vinces, the condescending, the calls. Put it this way...I don't think I can enjoy Mac and Cheese ever again.

I get it. He serves a purpose, he's the warlord, etc etc. But at some point you gotta start cooking your own meals instead of looking to the robot on how to do it, or worse, approval that the meal you prepared meets the pyramid's specification of what a good meal is.

What I'm saying is...full anarchy now.

Hallucinogens and weed don't mix well. The short term memory loss from cannabis leads to forgetting you're on hallucinogens. When you forget you're on hallucinogens, you confuse the drug with reality. When you confuse the drug with reality, all is lost.

In short, don't mix hallucinogens and weed. And don't read Derek Smart's posts.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Man goes to the trade commissioner. Says he's FUDful. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Trade commission says, "Treatment is simple. Great warlord Smart is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But trade commissioner...I called your treatment two weeks ago...I am Derek Smart”

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

BluesShaman posted:

Hallucinogens and weed don't mix well. The short term memory loss from cannabis leads to forgetting you're on hallucinogens. When you forget you're on hallucinogens, you confuse the drug with reality. When you confuse the drug with reality, all is lost.

In short, don't mix hallucinogens and weed. And don't read Derek Smart's posts.

I don't take hallucinogenics anymore for mental health reasons. Too risky for too little reward, and the knowledge of the risk might ruin the trip.

And yeah, what you say rings true. I guess it could be useful if someone's having a bad trip? "Here, smoke this, forget you saw Sandi's acting career on the ceiling and remarked, 'By God, it's full of stars...and one massive black hole.'"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BluesShaman posted:

When you confuse the drug with reality, all is lost.
I'm sorry - have you seen reality lately?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Five more minutes? Just five more while I craft this joke. I don't care how hot the oceans are. Mars must laugh at my posts when they finally read them [INSERT SCIENCE NUMBER HERE] years in the future. It'll be like a lone gunman in an abandoned city shooting a highway full of cars, it'll be fun. Just five more minutes.

*is disintegrated in rapid order by the ever increasing heat from boiling oceans*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

YOU WANNA TOUCH MY SKELETON DICK AND MY BUTT?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

That box is a modem. That poison is serious posting.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Caught up with the thread.

Apparently the Idris gives you STDs via the food now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

For two weeks, you have been asking: Who called it? This is Derek Smart speaking. I am the man who loves his blog. I am the man who does not sacrifice his verbosity or his predictability. I am the man who has deprived you of lols and thus has destroyed your subforum, and if you wish to know why you are probated—you who dread knowledge of kitty jail—I am the warlord who will now tell you.”

*links to july blog*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I'd say my posting style is a careful balance between mumblecore and momblishness your honour.

What? No, I don't develop games I just-

Fine I'm leaving, but I'm holding you in contempt too buddy.