Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

THE loving MOON posted:

Its funny how the Titans all have like a capital and maybe one other little settlement. Fonsa Myma has Garfont and on the other Titans... uh... a couple docks I think???

There are more settlements out there than players get to see. Probably not many, but a couple NPCs talk about this or that village that's not actually in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

shortspecialbus posted:

It's like that in every video game with a fantasy world. Skyrim has maybe 20 people living in each city. GTA and Assassin's Creed don't really have that as much, but tons of other games do. I don't think it's really notable in Xenoblade.

Mostly because they try to render persistent individuals so they can't do the aggressive culling/spawning a lot of open world games get away with to make the area look 'full'.

Also in general because if space was actually as large/empty as it is in real life games would be insanely boring.

"Cool, I broke into 15 houses and the most interesting thing I found in the last hour of gameplay was that someone set the table with two knives instead of a fork. Just fifteen thousand more houses to go!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They give a good indication of how small the population is near the end

The ruined city in Elysium is said to more than enough house all of Alrest, according to Morag.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are the graphics sharper since the patch for anyone else or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me?

I suppose it could also be that the game has actively been OFF for me since last weekend instead of just sleeping, so maybe it's loading textures that it couldn't load fast enough before because of that.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Chapter 10 That part about the ruined Elysium kinda lost me a bit. Like yeah, it's a wreck, but the world as they know it is literally going to collapse from under them. Considering they can make artificial blades, I'm sure they could do something for food.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Where’s the heart to heart I need to unlock Theory’s affinity level/do her quest

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Momomo posted:

Chapter 10 That part about the ruined Elysium kinda lost me a bit. Like yeah, it's a wreck, but the world as they know it is literally going to collapse from under them. Considering they can make artificial blades, I'm sure they could do something for food.

Floren has a heart-to-heart in that place that addresses that issue.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hurraaaay I lost Herald one of my strongest blades until I can find Blitzball/Ether Cannon guys with 35 Strength

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Did they fix the merc mission blade equipping thing

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

loving FINALLY ZENOBIA.

FINALLY.

I need Perun as my last one but I don't really care. Fought Cloud King Ken one last time and racked up a measly 4 Rares. The 4th gave me Zenobia. I assumed I was never going to get her, seeing as I'm now 168 hours in.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Zore posted:

Remember total population is absurdly low, like a couple hundred thousand people at most. It comes up in a few H2Hs.

And even then we're split between normal humans, Indolians (who live for centuries) and Gormotti (cat people).

You forgot Urayans, who are scaley fish people.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The population is also low because five centuries prior, lots of actual continents were sunk and areas depopulated plus that's still been happening on a slow but sure basis.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Poor Torna... they only wanted to eliminate all life on the planet :qq:. Maybe it’s time YOU grew up Rex

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm worried I might have put my game into a broken state. I fast traveled out after getting to Mor Adain and apparently I hadn't unlocked any fast travels points to there. Now I can't find anyway back there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Calaveron posted:

Poor Torna... they only wanted to eliminate all life on the planet :qq:. Maybe it's time YOU grew up Rex

The only one who really wants to end everything is Malos. The others are just going along with it because they have literally nothing else. Indol wants them all dead for the heresy of being Flesh Eaters and, as we saw with Nia, would quite happily chase them to the ends of Alrest.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only one who really wants to end everything is Malos. The others are just going along with it because they have literally nothing else. Indol wants them all dead for the heresy of being Flesh Eaters and, as we saw with Nia, would quite happily chase them to the ends of Alrest.

They were still mass murdering psychos so

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I'm worried I might have put my game into a broken state. I fast traveled out after getting to Mor Adain and apparently I hadn't unlocked any fast travels points to there. Now I can't find anyway back there.

Can you take the boat again?

Calaveron posted:

Hurraaaay I lost Herald one of my strongest blades until I can find Blitzball/Ether Cannon guys with 35 Strength

Er lost? How did you lose her?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Her quest involves her running away and you need to do a merc mission to get her location

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Silver Falcon posted:

Can you take the boat again?

Don't think so, the dude that sold me the tickets is uninteractable

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't think so, the dude that sold me the tickets is uninteractable

What does your quest log say? Does it just say 'Go to Mor Ardain' or whatever?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Her quest involves her running away and you need to do a merc mission to get her location

And my only 35 strength Ether Cannon user is, was, Herald so gently caress her and gently caress the gacha system
I beat the game anyway. Ending sequence was a lot of fun though oddly placed and the final boss’s two adds are more dangerous than the final boss himself. Good game with a lot of little cuts that make it not excel

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Ok, how fast can you stick 8 orbs?

Use Rex/Tank/Any

Stick 3 orb master on the last (Any) member.

Mythra with high crit weapon, heal on crit. Fast blade switch.

Light -> Elec -> Fire
Ice -> Water -> Wind
Dark -> Dark -> Earth

I've gotten it on Cloud Sea King Ken fast enough that a chain attack still leaves a sliver of life left.

And I still don't have Zenobia. loving game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how (endgame/Ch10 spoilers) the World Tree is essentially just like a big space elevator/support beam for Elysium/a giant ring-like space station surrounding the entire cloud sea. I like when super magical things in fantasy are just relatively mundane things in sci fi

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Spite posted:

Use Rex/Tank/Any

Light -> Elec -> Fire
Ice -> Water -> Wind
Dark -> Dark -> Earth

I've gotten it on Cloud Sea King Ken fast enough that a chain attack still leaves a sliver of life left.

Wait, for orb master do they just have to be present, or do they have to actually toss a special?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
present. it's actually stupid. you easily can do it in 8 specials by the way, if you exploit pneuma's wildcard elemental specials

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
why would anyone ever use Pyra over Mythra? Seems like there's no reason at all to even consider Pyra when Mythra can just constantly use an art, refill it instantly, and keep chaining it until the enemy is dead

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

why would anyone ever use Pyra over Mythra? Seems like there's no reason at all to even consider Pyra when Mythra can just constantly use an art, refill it instantly, and keep chaining it until the enemy is dead

It potentially gives Rex a 4th element excluding late game stuff. Rex can have Light, Fire, and two others where everyone else can only have 3.

Mythra is better than Pyra in every way though, yeah. I always have her fronting.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spite posted:

Use Rex/Tank/Any

Light -> Elec -> Fire
Ice -> Water -> Wind
Dark -> Dark -> Earth

In hundreds of cores I've never seen Orb Master

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is there a faster way to Release blades?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

THE loving MOON posted:

It potentially gives Rex a 4th element excluding late game stuff. Rex can have Light, Fire, and two others where everyone else can only have 3.

Mythra is better than Pyra in every way though, yeah. I always have her fronting.

The Pyra aegis sword looks cooler than Mythra's and Pyra isn't mean

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wouldn't ask my friend Rex to hide his girlfriend.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Mythra isn't mean, just saucy. :(

Pyra's sword is cooler though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

Thank you for listing a pro and con.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE loving MOON posted:

Mythra isn't mean, just saucy. :(

Pyra's sword is cooler though

Mythra's got that awful generically-brash "I don't like you that way, no really, I'm not thinking at all about you right now" personality. Pyra manages to actually have a personality with some measure of depth to it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yall just can't handle Mythra.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
So I finished up the game today (ending spoilers)

I liked it. I like how the last chapter escalated from fantasy with sci-fi elements to full on sci-fi. I disliked the whole dramatic tension at the end. It felt like there really was no point in fighting the last couple of guys, as none of them really had a reason for doing what they were doing. Who made Amalthus disappear?

I felt like some things weren’t wrapped up neatly, especially related to 500 years ago. Who was Addam? I thought the reason he was wearig that hood is because it was going to be a big reveal who he was. Why was Pyra created?

I think there were also some bits at the end that referred to other Xeno games? Like the third aegis crystal disappearing to another dimension? And the guys you heard trying to kill Klaus in another dimension.

Overall solid game, enjoyed my time. We’ll see when I boot it up again today whether I feel like sidequesting some more, I’ve still got a lot left to do and I don’t have any of the really cool rare cores yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LPG Giant posted:

So I finished up the game today (ending spoilers)

I think there were also some bits at the end that referred to other Xeno games? Like the third aegis crystal disappearing to another dimension? And the guys you heard trying to kill Klaus in another dimension.

That part is a hard reference to the original Xenoblade Chronicles. Klaus goes on about how his other, evil, half is about to die, because that other half is the final boss of XC. That line echoing through the void is Shulk about to put the boot to him. You're basically racing to finish off your final boss battle before Shulk and co finish theirs.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Addam will be DLC

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Calaveron posted:

You don't find blades with x amount of strength, that number is actually just the number of affinity chart nodes they've unlocked. 35 and above nodes is usually reserved to 4-crown blades and rares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I finished the game last night, 95 hours and level 85. Still 6 blades to get but there's no way I'm spending ages trying to get them now.

I didn't finish the first Xenoblade because of analysis paralysis but I still recognised Klaus to a degree. I looked it all up though, it was a pretty good connection.
Although I'm not 100% clear on what or why the hell the Conduit is or what power Rex lost when it vanished.

I agree that the game leaves quite a few things as a mystery. I guess Addam was just proving that if you're raised in Fonsett you're a cut above normal people?

My biggest question though is who the gently caress is Azurda? They all know him, he's a titan that can talk, he can turn into a little fluffy thing. What the hell, game?