Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Australia needs 10 runs an over

Taylor: "Australia pretty much need to make sure they hit a run off every ball. And they probably just about need a boundary each over too."

We need a commentary mute button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

We need a commentary nuke button

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Seams posted:

at least australia are finding new ways to lose

Is it really new when it's still them scoring too slow

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Windmill Hut posted:

Australia needs 10 runs an over

Taylor: "Australia pretty much need to make sure they hit a run off every ball. And they probably just about need a boundary each over too."

We need a commentary mute button.

Why does anyone not just mute Ch 9 and have Grandstand on for the sound instead? Or just turn the sound off entirely and make up your own commentary?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Someone should bring Paine a bat that has a middle in it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
if only FAULKNER, THE FINISHER was playing

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Nice. Now just bowl three decent balls with no effort, let them pump them for six if they can, just make sure they're not no-balls or wides because they're trying too hard when they no longer need to, and they're home.

Good night Australia.

e: Okay not all three but still.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

How is Australia's side full of poo poo merchants while Maxwell watches from home? Oh, yeah, Smith thinks he should train better, that's it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
So the player most culpable for this loss was Steve Smith.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Unimpressed posted:

How is Australia's side full of poo poo merchants while Maxwell watches from home? Oh, yeah, Smith thinks he should train better, that's it.

a whole bunch of good players are out of favour for seemingly no reason.

lyon still cant get a game in the ODI side

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Someone tell the commentators that this isn't The Ashes and that The Ashes are over and that we can stop talking about The Ashes during the ODI series.

The Ashes.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Let’s be honest boys, this one is on Cameron White

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bring watto out of retirement imo

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Australia bowling 13 wides and then that period with White and Smith hosed them.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

EMC posted:

Let’s be honest boys, this one is on Cameron White

Who's in the team, at least partially, instead of Maxwell.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I’m actually laughing about White being in this team

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

EMC posted:

I’m actually laughing about White being in this team

So are England.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

What is the equivalent of smashing them in the nets but about training hard, that is why White gets picked

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Unimpressed posted:

Who's in the team, at least partially, instead of Maxwell.

Partially? Surely you'd pick Maxwell if you didn't have idiot reasons for not including him and going with White instead.

Also England faced a bit more than 52 overs to Australia's 50.5 or something, thanks to Australia's on target pace attack and ability to keep up the pressure when they get into the lower order (lol). Those extra 7+ balls were the difference in the end (also White).

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Alex Carey's one innings looked much better than anything Paine tried to do tonight. Fewer old farts that can only hit fours or run 1s and more guys that can run 2s and 3s imo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Australia has clearly been missing Shaun Marsh

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Well this is just embarrassing.

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Pakistan :thumbsup:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty much the same squad for Australia to go to South Africa. Jhye Richardson is in, Bancroft and Handscomb both retained in the squad. Jon Holland is going as a backup spinner but is largely there to bowl in the nets. Unless someone gets injured it is hard to see them changing the XI from the Sydney test

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Two loving poo poo house tours back to back.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ahahaha. From cricinfo:

Harkaran Singh: "The importance of 3/4 competitive warm-up or tour games becoming more evident. Every tour should start with at least 8-10 days of tour games with competitive home teams. ICC should start penalizing the home teams for not providing competitive teams or not preparing adequate pitches "

They've played more than 3/4 games and have got worse. What's your excuse now?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Glenn Maxwell is back (in the T20 squad). I guess Warner doesn't mind his bad training habits as much as Smith?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Are all cricket playing Glenns poo poo? Ours apparently has a batting technique based around desperately not trying to poo poo one’s pants.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

Are all cricket playing Glenns poo poo? Ours apparently has a batting technique based around desperately not trying to poo poo one’s pants.

That McGrath guy was ok I guess.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Liam Plunkett is a smart man

https://twitter.com/Liam628/status/955276938569920513

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Midget Fist posted:

Yeah I get that they are meaningless outside of tournaments, but that can apply to any game, if you stretch it far enough all sport is ultimately absurd and meaningless.

I wonder if a yearly tournament would help though.
There used to be the VB series which was that tri-series with Aussie and two other nations. Sort of like the rugby tri-nations. If they did something like that with NZ Aus and SA every year whether that would help or if there is too much money in touring and IPL/T20 now for teams to make that kind of schedule.

I dunno, it just makes me sad to hear that one dayers are in decline but besides watching it and going to games there's not much I can do I guess.

I liked it when Australia A played in the ODI series too. Seeing them play Australia was kinda fun.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
They were some good times.

Looks like England play NZ next month only an hour away from here, will have to get tickets to go support my favourite dying game.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gay picnic defence posted:

I liked it when Australia A played in the ODI series too. Seeing them play Australia was kinda fun.

God we had an embarrassment of riches back in the late 90s and early 2000s with cricketers.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

You Am I posted:

God we had an embarrassment of riches back in the late 90s and early 2000s with cricketers.

Look at this poo poo: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8531/scorecard/66408/Australia-vs-Australia-A-1st-Final-aus-tri-series-cb/

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

2 bad scores

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

The current Australian ODI team is furiously jacking off looking at these strike rates

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cooper and Pollard are at the crease in Adelaide Oval wearing red but aren't the home team, which mirror universe are we in

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I turn on the big bash and straight away see one of the most ridiculous catches I've ever seen

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Haha that catch though. What the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
lol loving hell that was crazy