Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Njpws theme situation on world has always been sub par.

you can't argue that going from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W21lp9474BI

to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqYDDq4f40

isn't criminal

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Fantasticamania 2018 - Korakuen Hall Night Two
NJPW/CMLL - 2018-01-21
NJPW World

1) Drone & Star Jr. vs Disturbio & Puma - 0:14 - SKIPPABLE
2) Fuego, Ryusuke Taguchi, Soberano Jr. vs Okumura, SHO, YOH - 0:29 - FUN
3) Atlantis, Hirai Kawato, Kushida, Satoshi Kojima vs Bushi, Hiromu Takahashi, Rush, Tetsuya Naito - 0:48 - FUN
4) Ángel de Oro & Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero [CMLL Hermanos, semifinal] - 1:21 - GOOD
5) Dragón Lee & Mistico vs Cuatrero & Sansón [CMLL Hermanos, semifinal] - 1:43 - OK
6) Volador Jr. © vs Bárbaro Cavernario [NWA WELTER] - 1:59 - EXCELLENT

Main event was outstanding, with both guys getting their moves in and the crowd and commentary heightening the drama.

Notables:
- Drone and Disturbio had a real bad night here, and this is not the type of show you want to have a bad night.
- Taguchi was on fire here. Wasn't a fan of the "face in Mima's rear end" spot but it's more forgivable in a comedy bit.
- Soberano continues to shine.
- Thanking the heavens that Atlantis has been talked out of doing a dive.
- Cuatrero and Sansón did not have it as a team tonight. Mistico wasn't great either, Dragón Lee was the glue in that match. Disappointing first night to the Brothers Tournament.
- The single track generic music overdub is worse than silence.

thecubsfan's review with gifs.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
I went to the Rev Pro wrestling show yesterday and I'm just in awe of Suzuki and how good he is. The main event was him and Zack vs. Tyler Bate and Trent Seven and man, Suzuki cackling in Bate's face while taking slaps and chops and forearms was so loving cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

I went to the Rev Pro wrestling show yesterday and I'm just in awe of Suzuki and how good he is. The main event was him and Zack vs. Tyler Bate and Trent Seven and man, Suzuki cackling in Bate's face while taking slaps and chops and forearms was so loving cool.

Wait... Suzuki-gun vs Moustache Mountain? And some other group booked the junior champion against Dunne... :tinfoil:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
That match sounds awesome and I might grab a month of revpro on demand once it's up (assuming it doesn't make it to njpw world)

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
It was the first time I've ever gone to live pro wrestling so I dunno if the match actually was really good but I was super into it. There was also EVIL/SANADA vs. two English dudes whose names I can't remember and that was cool. Also Ospreay did some insane flippy poo poo. Pro wrestling in person is so weird because you can tell much more clearly when they're hitting each other's hands and poo poo but also it's way more impressive when you see these bodies just flying through the air. And then when it's guys who are really good like Suzuki or Bate you just get insanely invested because it really looks and (especially) sounds like they're just beating the gently caress out of each other. Suzuki's elbows are so loud in person.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The RevPro stuff usually makes world but the WWE UK guys contracts say their matches can't hit TV/Streaming so I doubt we'll see them anywhere which is criminal

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The RevPro stuff usually makes world but the WWE UK guys contracts say their matches can't hit TV/Streaming so I doubt we'll see them anywhere which is criminal

Are you sure this is true for VODs? Aren't they still all over PROGRESS On Demand?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they are on streaming services all the time just not live-streams. they will def be on revpro on demand at minimum

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

Are you sure this is true for VODs? Aren't they still all over PROGRESS On Demand?

Super No Vacancy's comment does seem to explain a little more, but to be fair, Progress is in bed with WWE, while RevPro is pretty fully in with New Japan, so there may be a different situation.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

There was also EVIL/SANADA vs. two English dudes whose names I can't remember and that was cool.

they wrestled Aussie Open who are actually Australian as you probably figured out when I said they're called Aussie Open. I've been impressed by what I've seen of them, especially Mark Davis (the bigger one).

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not 100% sure on the WWE UK guys To be Honest but the fact I've only seen them on Progress stuff after signing is what makes me think that it applies to all VOD. I could be wrong

It probably made for super awkward booking if Vince cared about the UK guys though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be shocked if Vince remembers that the UK guys still exist

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there's a new mustache mountain match on the front page of revpro on demand right now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/faledojonz/posts/1324099501029993

Fale Dojo posted:

We are pleased to announce the newest member of the Fale Dojo team

For those that have not heard of him before, we would like to introduce Teruaki Kanemitsu, a Young Lion from the New Japan Dojo.

While he is currently recuperating from a back injury he has kindly agreed to join the Fale Dojo Team and pass on the skills and knowledge he has learned from his own training.

Great news after a really terrible back injury.

Also, the final Fantasticamania card is tomorrow morning at the normal Korauen time (4:30 EDT)

NJPW PRESENTS: CMLL FANTASTICAMANIA 2018
January 22nd at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Ryusuke Taguchi and Fuego vs. Puma and Disturbio
KUSHIDA, Liger, TMIV, and Star Jr. vs. SHO, YOH, Rocky, and Okumura
CMLL Hermanos Tournament 3rd Place Match Niebla Roja and Angel de Oro vs. Sanson and Cuatrero
Hirai Kawato Farewell Match:Atlantis and Hirai Kawato vs. Barbaro Cavernario and Gedo
Volador Jr, Soberano Jr, and Drone vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
Satoshi Kojima vs. Rush
CMLL Hermanos tournament Final Dragon Lee and Mistico vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Gran Guerrero

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
roppongi 3k has a lot of new look going on.

sho looks like he wanted to be shiny goto.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder if Rush's showing this tour means that he'll be coming to Japan more in 2018. Seems like he'd fit into the heavyweight mix well. It also wouldn't be a bad way for Okada to get yet another defense against an Ingobernable.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Rush has been working the US a lot, he’ll be in Atlanta in March and he will presumably work some AroLucha and/or The Crash. May not have time for Japan but we can hope.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Fantasticamania 2018 - Korakuen Hall Night Three
NJPW/CMLL - 2018-01-22
NJPW World

1) Fuego & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Disturbio & Puma - 0:10 - GOOD
2) Jushin Liger, Kushida, Star Jr., Tiger Mask vs Okumura, Rocky Romero, SHO, YOH - 0:25 - OK
3) Ángel de Oro & Niebla Roja vs Cuatrero & Sansón [CMLL Hermanos, third place] - 0:43 - GOOD
4) Atlantis & Hirai Kawato vs Bárbaro Cavernario & Gedo - 0:58 - OK
5) Drone, Soberano Jr., Volador Jr. vs Bushi, Hiromu Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito - 1:12 - FUN
6) Satoshi Kojima vs Rush - 1:30 - GREAT
7) Gran Guerrero & Último Guerrero vs Dragón Lee & Mistico [CMLL Hermanos, final] - 1:48 - GREAT

I probably over-rated the Rush match due to my bias towards Rush matches and the fact that they let him do one in Korakuen Hall, but I stand by my rating for that one.

Notables:
- Fuego and Taguchi need to be a permanent team. The crowd shots made it appear as if they have made a lot of money selling paper mummy tomb masks emblazoned with a 69. Good for Ryusuke.
- Cuatrero and Sansón had a better night tonight. My hypothesis is that they wore underwear tights last night and the underwear tights are cursed.
- Good luck to Kawato in Mexico. I hope he gets to wrestle Police Man and Kraneo.
- Maybe they will let Soberano stay in Japan. But Rush should be in the G1 and he should win it.
- Rush's young son got in the ring with his uncles Mistico and Dragon Lee at the end. I made a gif of it below.

thecubsfan's final day review.

https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/955609912448618502

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Hijo De Rush is too dang cute.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Taichi vs Naito loving owned.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I love how much Taguchi gets into the lucha stuff when they come around. His shtick can get me in to a match no matter how random

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ishin posted:

I love how much Taguchi gets into the lucha stuff when they come around. His shtick can get me in to a match no matter how random

its about the only time I really like Taguchi too. He's a better fit for lucha goofiness than NJPW.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

New Beginning tour info:

New Beginning In Sapporo Day 1
January 27th at 4 AM EST/9 AM GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 2 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Michael Elgin
TenCozy, KUSHIDA, Liger, and TMIV vs. Suzuki-gun (Iizuka, Taichi, Despy, Kanemaru, and TAKA)
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and Chase Owens)
NEVER Openweight Trios Championship:Bullet Club (c) (Fale and GoD) vs. Taguchi Japan (Taguchi, Makabe, and Henare)
Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (Cody, Marty Scurll, and Hangman Page)
CHAOS (Will Ospreay and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and Hiromu)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (EVIL, SANADA, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Jay White, SHO, and YOH) vs. Bullet Club (Omega and Bucks)
IWGP IC Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

New Beginning In Sapporo Day 2
January 27th at 1 AM EST/ 6 AM GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 3 of 7 Katsuya Kitamura vs. Juice Robinson
Liger, TMIV, Taguchi, and Umino vs. Suzuki-gun juniors
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and HIKULEO)
Makabe, TenCozy, and Henare vs. Bullet Club (Fale, GoD, and Owens)
Kota Ibushi, KUSHIDA, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Ckub (Cody, Scurll, and Page)
CHAOS(Okada, Goto, Y-H, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team ChampionshipYoung Bucks(c) vs. Roppongi 3K
IWGP US Championship:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Jay White

Road to the New Beginning
February 5th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Taguchi, Liger, and TMIV vs. Umino, Yagi, and Narita
Satoshi Kojima and Michael Elgin vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro and HIKULEO)
Kitamura Trial Series - Match 4 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi, Desperado, and TAKA)
Juice Robinson and Toa Henare vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano
Tanahashi, Makabe, and KUSHIDA vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, and Kanemaru)
David Finlay vs. Jay White
Elimination Match:CHAOS (Okada, Goto, Y-H, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J

Road to the New Beginning
February 6th at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

KUSHIDA, Liger, and TMIV vs. Umino, Yagi, and Narita
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Michael Elgin vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro and HIKULEO)
Kitamura Trial Series - Match 5 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Satoshi Kojima
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (Kanemaru, Desperado, and TAKA)
Juice Robinson, Henare, and Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Ishii, and YTR)
Tanahashi, Makabe, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, and Taichi)
CHAOS (Ospreay, YOSHI, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI
IWGP Tag Team Championship:L.I.J(c)(EVIL and SANADA) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Hirooki Goto)

The New Beginning in Osaka
February 10th at 3:00 EST/8:00 BST
Edion Arena

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 6 of 7Katsuya Kitamura vs. Yuji Nagata
Roppongi 3K vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson, and David Finlay vs. CHAOS (Jay White, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano)
Tanahashi, Makabe, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Taichi, and TAKA)
Gedo vs. BUSHI
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tetsuya Naito
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
NEVER Opernweight Championship:Hirooki Goto(c) vs. EVIL
IWGP Heavyweight ChampionshipKazuchika Okada(c) vs. SANADA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm so here for the Kitamura trial series that it hurts. Is this a thing that New Japan has done in the past with a wrestler they're high on? If they've done this before with anyone and it's on World, I'd like to see it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Apparently they realised getting Kelly and Callis in for 2 days, then sending them home, and then bringing them in again was dumb, so they're just calling all 5 shows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah the Kitamura trial series is a cool concept, and him vs Nagata is gonna rule.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is there a toxx thread for the Kitamura Trial Series yet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If you want to bet on professional wrestling* then please go ahead!

* Don't bet on professional wrestling.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm so here for the Kitamura trial series that it hurts. Is this a thing that New Japan has done in the past with a wrestler they're high on? If they've done this before with anyone and it's on World, I'd like to see it.

i think they did one with jay white before his excursion?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

If you want to bet on professional wrestling* then please go ahead!

* Don't bet on professional wrestling.

I'm betting that the Kitamura Trial Series will be Good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All the matches except the Tenzan and Elgin one will be good (Tenzan cause god his ankles and Elgin cause Elgin is scum)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Inoki's farewell tour where he beat the piss out of various martial artists and tough guys. I'd pull the dates but Cagematch is down for me right now.

Everyone should watch Inoki beat the piss out of people, for science or whatever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's a tradition in Japan. Off the top of my head I remember NOAH doing one for Go Shiozaki, AJPW doing one for Akiyama, I'm sure there's dozens more you can just reel off.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Kojima blew out his ACL :(. Explains why he looked so awkward moving around towards the end of that Rush match.

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/956092140529987584

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

VJeff posted:

Is there a toxx thread for the Kitamura Trial Series yet

havent you made enough unfulfilled toxxes in your life

Takuan
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

Everyone should watch Inoki beat the piss out of people, for science or whatever.

It gets old faster than you'd think.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Who was that weird fat gaijin that no sold a bunch of Inoki’s offence, until Inoki snapped and legit hosed him up?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

Who was that weird fat gaijin that no sold a bunch of Inoki’s offence, until Inoki snapped and legit hosed him up?

The Great Antonio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXAGZtMxU8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm guessing Nagata will take Kojima's spot for most of the New Beginning matches as rn he's only scheduled for Osaka vs. Kitamura. Wonder what they'll do for Kitamura's match on the second Korakuen?