Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dynamite fishing is the only real way to fish.
And infinite explosives are amazing for dealing with stal- enemies, keese, wolves, and chus without wasting weapon durability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I seem to recall someone else itt saying gently caress the master sword trial, and I’m inclined to agree wholeheartedly. don’t think I’ll get that upgrade any time soon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

On Master mode, I wouldn’t even waste my time. On normal mode it’s fine though. I beat it on my first try without much difficulty. Just take it slow.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Where can I get bomb arrows

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Where can I get bomb arrows

Gerudo City

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

RCarr posted:

On Master mode, I wouldn’t even waste my time. On normal mode it’s fine though. I beat it on my first try without much difficulty. Just take it slow.

I can do the first eight rooms without much trouble, but the three armoured lizalfoses in room ten is my biggest roadblock right now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

thexerox123 posted:

Gerudo City

gently caress balls

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gently caress balls

I think there are other places, too, but there you can buy a shitton at once. (if you have enough rupees)

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

What does the Master Sword Trial give you? And as a broader question: I've finished all four Divine Beasts, not yet set foot in Hyrule Castle... what stuff should I do before I go to the castle? I don't really care about the dif DLC outfits, I have the teleport horse saddle but nothing else really, 2 1/5 stamina wheels (including the one you start with) and probably like 15 hearts? Just not sure what to do/where to go next. Find the rest of the fairy fountains mb?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

black.lion posted:

What does the Master Sword Trial give you? And as a broader question: I've finished all four Divine Beasts, not yet set foot in Hyrule Castle... what stuff should I do before I go to the castle? I don't really care about the dif DLC outfits, I have the teleport horse saddle but nothing else really, 2 1/5 stamina wheels (including the one you start with) and probably like 15 hearts? Just not sure what to do/where to go next. Find the rest of the fairy fountains mb?

Theres some good stuff you might want to grab in Hyrule Castle before you prep for the final showdown. Like a memory, some equipment, a shrine etc.

Master Sword trials power up the Master Sword. More damage/durability.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

black.lion posted:

What does the Master Sword Trial give you?

Normal Master Sword will do 30 damage per hit for 40 hits before it breaks and needs to regenerate. It can also shoot sword beams with R when you are at full health. The beams do 10 damage, use 1 point of durability, and fly farther the more hearts you have (including temporary hearts).

After the sword trials, the Master Sword will do 60 damage per hit for 188 hits before it breaks. Sword beams will now do 20 damage and use no durability, meaning they can be used infinitely as long as you have full health.

It's pretty great.

In other news, I checked back in on an old normal mode file today where I didn't do any of the DLC. Normal mode feels weird after playing Master Mode for so long. Especially the lack of floating platforms. I miss my bridge buddies. :(

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ulvir posted:

I can do the first eight rooms without much trouble, but the three armoured lizalfoses in room ten is my biggest roadblock right now

If that’s the one with the water, yeah it sucks. You can sneak up on them one by one and kill them that way.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That room is the hardest one in all three trials.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

black.lion posted:

Fairy fountains are good, but like someone else said go sneak around Hyrule Castle for a bit and pick up cool stuff. It's an amazing feeling sneaking round it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bongo Bill posted:

That room is the hardest one in all three trials.

Yeah it's one of a very few things in the game that I found to be tedious rather than challenging but fun. The others off the top of my head were the follow-the-korok quest and the shrines that used gyro control. Given how much time I've put into the game that's a pretty good ratio, though.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

The Bloop posted:

I'm not sure if it's the exact spot you mean but you might need to make ice

It was a Lizalfo hitting the switch again after I shot it with an arrow, how rude of him.

How much does the Hylian shield cost to buy once it breaks?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I just picked up the DLC this past week and am considering a master mode run. Am I just basically getting into hell on earth or does it become enjoyable in a challenging way?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Man.

So I went to the tower where I was getting my rear end served backwards and then pretty much left and found out about a rubber set. I got the rubber helm and the thighs, but saw you needed to be in the area where I couldn’t get the regional map (tower covered with those thunder asses) so I thought I’d see what I could do. I hit that buddy with one ice arrow and then hit him and he died instantly.

What the gently caress

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

housefly posted:

I just picked up the DLC this past week and am considering a master mode run. Am I just basically getting into hell on earth or does it become enjoyable in a challenging way?
The only times I felt Master Mode made a difference was the enemies recovering health during some of the Ganon Blight fights, and some of the floors in the Master Sword Trials. There's also the floating platforms they added around the overworld but overall I don't think there's much of a noticeable difference, I enjoyed playing through the game again on Master Mode- it's how I would advise anyone considering a second play through does it.

p.s.
I recommend getting the Phantom Armour as soon as you leave the plateau

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there an easy way to get rupees? I’ve kinda figured the 30 I can net from the guy on the tower who wants me to glide might be decent, but I want to be rich

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is there an easy way to get rupees? I’ve kinda figured the 30 I can net from the guy on the tower who wants me to glide might be decent, but I want to be rich

sell jewels

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

You get 300 rupees from dragon horn shards and Farosh is really easy to farm, just set up a campfire in the cave behind his spawn and snipe him every morning (or sometimes he spawns at a different time for some reason)

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 17, 2018

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

LODGE NORTH posted:

there’s a town south of Hateno where you can gamble and earn up to 300 rupees each time around. save between successful attempts and reload if you fail, and you can easily gain 6000+ within an hour or less

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hunting and cooking is the easiest especially when you are low leveled. 5 Raw Prime Meats cooked together will make a skewer that you can sell for 210 Rupees and 5 Raw Gourmet Meats Cooke’s together make a dish you can sell for 490 rupees

Edit: go to South Tabantha snowfield nearby the Snowfield Stable for good meat hunting

Edit 2: if you DO hunt in the snowfield, make sure you grab the meat quickly before it freezes on the ground. If it does you cannot cook it

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 21, 2018

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Dang y'all I got this game and chopped down a tree and stole some honey after lightning hit a tree and then bees chased me and heck what a game

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah it's pretty goddamned ridiculous. I'm still running into some now and then. I climbed the tallest spire on the castle and saw the korok sparkles and I didn't bother getting that rear end in a top hat because I wanted to take selfies without him in the picture.

i got him before taking selfies and now i need to delete my save and start again

i hate that fucker with my life. one of the coolest spots for photos in the game but there's a retarded leafman floating next to link. gently caress off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've mapped out twelve of the fourteen regions now. I'm going to go for number thirteen tomorrow, but fourteen is waiting until I get the rubber armor

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This game is missing just three things imo.

1. Touch screen interaction.
2. A companion ap for things like cooking and selling things.
3. Doggo interaction.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I've mapped out twelve of the fourteen regions now. I'm going to go for number thirteen tomorrow, but fourteen is waiting until I get the rubber armor
I don’t know how far along you are but there’s another item that gives you shock immunity.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

LODGE NORTH posted:

Every blood moon run up the path to death mountain mining every ore vein and killing every fire talus, then sell the gemstones. There's a gerudo lady in goron city who'll buy gems from you at a ridiculously inflated price every few in-game days.

Also, cooking: elixirs sell very well, especially hearty and enduring elixirs.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

2. A companion ap for things like cooking and selling things.

Luckily a goon has you covered, check out Wild Cooking on the Google Play Store

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Runcible Cat posted:

I don’t know how far along you are but there’s another item that gives you shock immunity.

I've unlocked one dungeon (elephant) and immediately went to go gently caress around in the woods for a couple hours

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
i've dealt with the elephant titan and now im at moa keet shrine on my way to death mountain /goron city but guardians keep murdering me is there any better way?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ephex posted:

i've dealt with the elephant titan and now im at moa keet shrine on my way to death mountain /goron city but guardians keep murdering me is there any better way?

If you don't think you're up to actually fighting them, try shooting them in the eye with a regular arrow and then running away (and breaking line of sight) while they're stunned. I'm pretty sure there are only two along the road. You can also climb around to avoid them, but along that particular road there's some useful stuff you'll probably want to get.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

ephex posted:

Just climb around, you can always climb around. Or do different stuff and get stronger. I think i just climbed up a rock, flew over it, then ran around a corner and it never followed me. The ability to climb poo poo is the best thing this game has.

Or parry them. Once I figured out how to parry them Guardians went from terrifying to fun. How to: Just hold the shield up until the instant you see the blue swirls form around their head before the shot and hit A immediately, should reflect it back. It might take a few blasts to get it right, but once you do, it is extremely satisfying

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 21, 2018

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I want a sequel where after the old champions ghosts have passed on and calamity is dead, Zelda and the other races leaders look for new champions to pilot the divine beasts for a more mundane purpose: to use as mobile citadels/seige weapons against monster fortresses/bases that have established themselves heavily and would take horrific losses to take mundanely.

All the empty space and odd outcroppings on the beasts seem to indicate they could be used as mobile fortresses for armies. Vah Rutas waterfalls that Link and Sidon disabled could also be Zora troop deployment ramps, given how the Zora can climb waterfalls easily.

I just want to see Yunobo as the next Champion of Vah Rudania, innovating on Daruks protection and using it to turn himself into a fortress-destroying projectile using Vah Rudanias huge laser to propel him into mountainside monster forts.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so what you're saying is you want a mecha spin-off

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That, or have the divine beasts involved in the Hyrule Warriors sequel.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Once you have a good shield and get the timing down Guardian hunting without using a weapon is the funnest poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
you don't even need a good shield, just do it with pot lids and rusty shields so if you miss the timing you don't break a good one