Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, she comes across as an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

indeed but here's some whos cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NJI54YR9d8

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Her interview on Rogan's podcast is worse, and she makes it pretty obvious that she doesn't love racing, to the point of straight admitting the only reason she's doing two more races is because agents talked her into it. It kind of made the whole argument a few pages ago moot, as she confirmed most of the negativity shot her direction.

And all she ever does is blame how bad her cars were versus her being poo poo.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

And all she ever does is blame how bad her cars were versus her being poo poo.

Lol that's a great argument, SHR only won two championships in the last seven years and ownership probably stood to make a pile of cash from you doing well but sure Danica, whatever helps you sleep at night.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elitist Bitch posted:

Lol that's a great argument, SHR only won two championships in the last seven years and ownership probably stood to make a pile of cash from you doing well but sure Danica, whatever helps you sleep at night.

"So, you know, when I'm getting passed by a car from another team that has no business passing me I'd be on the radio going "what the hell guys, why is the car so bad right now? Do you see this?""

Also believes she lost her sponsor because the contract was signed while mercury was in retrograde.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iwentdoodie posted:

Also believes she lost her sponsor because the contract was signed while mercury was in retrograde.

It's obviously said sarcastically (I got a laugh), but what's the actual context of this? She's blaming everyone else for losing GoDaddy/Nature's Bakery because she's an awesome driver and nobody else could see it or she's convinced there was some other force which caused them to leave?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's obviously said sarcastically (I got a laugh), but what's the actual context of this? She's blaming everyone else for losing GoDaddy/Nature's Bakery because she's an awesome driver and nobody else could see it or she's convinced there was some other force which caused them to leave?

Essentially.

And there's no way it's sarcastic. She brings up astrology and crystals and woowoo poo poo wayyyyyy too often over the almost 3 hours for it to be sarcasm.

She doesn't understand why she lost it, is blaming outside forces, and says that it's a big reason behind her retiring.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iwentdoodie posted:

Essentially.

And there's no way it's sarcastic. She brings up astrology and crystals and woowoo poo poo wayyyyyy too often over the almost 3 hours for it to be sarcasm.

She doesn't understand why she lost it, is blaming outside forces, and says that it's a big reason behind her retiring.

Wow, part of me wondered if that was a literal description, but I thought "Nah, she can't be that out there." :tinfoil:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wow, part of me wondered if that was a literal description, but I thought "Nah, she can't be that out there." :tinfoil:

Yeah, she's batshit.

Also unsure how many cylinders the car has, and says "I don't know how any of it works. I'm just a really good driver. That's all I did. I don't need to know how it works."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

She could not be more unbearable even if she were actively trying.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Wonder what her thoughts on 9-11 are.

NASCAR 2018: Steel Beams Can't Melt SHR

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah her interview on JRE makes it seem like Danica has a lot of growing up to do still

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
she only needs to 'grow up' because shes a loser

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
It's too bad, she could really be a good ambassador but she just doesn't have the temperament for it. There are ways to defend your abilities without casting blame on others/your team. I don't know what the future holds for Danica, but I hope she takes time away from racing in order to determine if she really wants any future with it apart from the money that she can make off it.

That Jr interview is excellent and captures just about everything that I love about the guy. When I first heard that he was most proud of his Busch Series championships, I was surprised, but now I find it really endearing.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Danica is who she is. She's not growing to grow up or change in any appreciable way. She's also not gonna be wrecking people while three laps down at the cookie-cutter tracks anymore, so she's not even entertaining now. I don't know who is burning the pile of money to get her a Daytona ride but I'm sure they have their reasons and I hope it's everything they dreamed it would be. The sooner she leaves the happier everyone will be, especially Danica herself.

I wish her all the best with her "lifestyle brand" that will eventually show up at Kohl's or Target or wherever. At least she probably won't get someone killed or maimed in a mass of flaming, twisted metal doing that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I wish her all the best with her "lifestyle brand" that will eventually show up at Kohl's or Target or wherever. At least she probably won't get someone killed or maimed in a mass of flaming, twisted metal doing that.

Famous last words

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm starting to wonder if she hasn't had plans locked down for a couple weeks now for Daytona and/or Indy and she/her handlers are being deliberately coy for the PR.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

The Croc posted:

indeed but here's some whos cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NJI54YR9d8

:agreed:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's apparently another modification to the Charlotte road course which might be announced as soon as today. :allears:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It's now 1.5 miles long and has 4 turns.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CBJSprague24 posted:

There's apparently another modification to the Charlotte road course which might be announced as soon as today. :allears:

They're going to add a jump, aren't they

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

they are gonna add a loop-de-loop and rename it action speedway

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cmon joker lap.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

gret posted:

Cmon joker lap.

The joker will be to blow by the chicane, and someone will use it on the final lap to win the race

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Is it a night race yet? If not im guessing it will be

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

No one has corroborated this tweet just yet but here have this.

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/955542929208115206

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

They took some turns out of the infield lol.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

dentist toy box posted:

They took some turns out of the infield lol.

Before/after:
https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/955469526056996864

https://twitter.com/CautionClock20/status/955528391209422848

BMB5150 posted:

There was another source suggesting this yesterday. I can't wait for a polished, positive, excited press release from the driver talking about how she's totally confident in Premium Motorsports and is excited to be driving #7 because, well, that was my number, and to be working with Tony Jr. again.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Oh, that looks more exciting :geno:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Slickdrac posted:

Oh, that looks more exciting :geno:

I mean it can't be more boring than Charlotte's normal configuration, can it?

doughboy1013
Apr 4, 2011
So they went back to the normal infield configuration. Congratulations I guess?

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

There was another source suggesting this yesterday. I can't wait for a polished, positive, excited press release from the driver talking about how she's totally confident in Premium Motorsports and is excited to be driving #7 because, well, that was my number, and to be working with Tony Jr. again.

Thinly veiled in it to wreck Stenhouse and the field press release.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

I'm glad they're keeping the Turn 3 stink-lines.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Didn't they build that hairpin kinda section for this race? I guess they figured it was too complex.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

eh, they took away the switch-back hairpins, without seeing more than a track layout it's probably not a bad change. A gaggle of hairpins there can make things real slow (reminds me a bit of the last 1/3rd of Fuji Speedway, which is slow and boring albeit climbing straight uphill). Looks like it makes that corner back onto the oval super important, and with probably a higher entry speed than from the hairpin in the prior layout.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I mean the reconfiguration could actually make it a little better, the stock cars would have been awful through those tight esses.

I'm trying hard to be positive.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

this is gonna be a disaster regardless, gotta root for maximum comedy/carnage

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really seems like an actual improvement. Can't imagine how terrible 3 tight 180 turns would be for Nascar drivers. Whole race would be under caution.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Really seems like an actual improvement. Can't imagine how terrible 3 tight 180 turns would be for Nascar drivers. Whole race would be under caution.

Hot take: The plan all along was to not use the switchbacks and stick with the original infield configuration. That way people can say "that's an improvement!" when it's really just the same old lovely roval.

Please refer to this very serious, very accurate opinion of the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL67vXR5Hdk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ThorSport is apparently going to Ford and bought a bunch of BKR's trucks to get started.

This:

BMB5150 posted:

...is now official. Premium will go back to #15 after Daytona.

e-

quote:

Patrick has not shown any signs of panic about putting together her two final races, and credited the “positive vibes” that have helped move the project along.

“I’m feeling good energy with the sponsor and team we’ve put together for Daytona,” she said. “I’m convinced that good vibes translate into performance, and I’m definitely feeling the good energy with this sponsor and team.”

Maybe Danica needs to link up with these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByupehB_wTk

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 23, 2018

• Locked thread