Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

anthony patch posted:

Because I didn’t want to add vehicles that I didn’t have time to balance. Even now I’m not happy with a lot of them. We’ll see how the patch turns out.

Ah, that's totally fair. To your credit, even if you're not happy with how things are, this game is a lot more balanced than most anything else I've played in a while. I rarely feel like a weapon is just flat out bad or there is a vehicle I can't make work at all. The only things that feel too strong are things that are supposed to feel too strong, like the Broodmare, which again, is totally fine.

p.s. I just noticed that the loading screen with the Touro firing has a sabot that is discarding correctly. That's ridiculous attention to detail and whoever made that did an awesome job and knows their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The devs for this game are crazy knowledgeable about how weapons and weapon systems work.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

dyzzy posted:

It's canon in my heart

It's really fun to use in Solo Nobre's shittiest space bike. Not pictured: Me holding my breath every time I got stuck in props.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Oh my god you mad bastard. I am amazed that you managed to take hull damage without dying. I am amazed the giant Olmec head didn't punch your clock when it started firing at you. And I am amazed you did not kill yourself with Donkeys.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

aniviron posted:

Oh my god you mad bastard. I am amazed that you managed to take hull damage without dying. I am amazed the giant Olmec head didn't punch your clock when it started firing at you. And I am amazed you did not kill yourself with Donkeys.

Yeah I got pretty lucky there because I got to grab those two shield orbs! After watching that run a couple of times again, I decided that the skate has too much lateral and reverse speed. It's more like the swordfish now, albeit a bit faster.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Future Days posted:

It's really fun to use in Solo Nobre's shittiest space bike. Not pictured: Me holding my breath every time I got stuck in props.

Hell yeah

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Sledger/Otomo/Pinch/Smoke is sickeningly effective, i think it might end up being my first small vehicle win on precursor closed casket.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I too really like the Otomo on the Sledger, though I usually pair it with a Carlos, I can see the appeal of a Pinch.

How does the description go? They look funny, but nobody's laughing after a squad of them rolls through. Something like that- accurate, I'd say.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

andrew smash posted:

Sledger/Otomo/Pinch/Smoke is sickeningly effective, i think it might end up being my first small vehicle win on precursor closed casket.

This sounds awesome. I just did a Sledger/Harvester/Black Hand run that worked well tactically but encountered major fusing problems (i.e. I kept firing Harvesters with the muzzle jammed up against a prop and one-shotting myself).

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I don’t have the patience to make a black hand run work on long map sets. It’s fun for a two or three map run but pure stealth is too frustrating over long runs for me.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/gausswerks/status/956609522470129668

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Why is everyone voting for poor Phil

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I'm surprised that Kennedy Spits isn't on the top of the list. Her gruesome visage qualifies for warcrimes by itself. I don't think I've ever used that pilot, let alone after the avatar update.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Poor Phil! He doesn't deserve this; like me, he just wants to step on all the rich people's houses. (And let me tell you I can't play any of the suburban maps without causing millions of credits of needless destruction, drat you whoever put those in).

I almost voted for Kennedy Spits, but how can you hate someone who is always improving themselves?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I love Kennedy! So I voted for Clotilde "Sous Baby" Aalto

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Oh man, I love them all, but had to vote to try and take some heat off my man Bromlin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gotta chase marie locke all the way back to eixo

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Scottie Graf actually deserves it.

gauss and tony-p y'all should make a game about a merc crew and its deranged old captain's descent-into-madness pursuit of The Auditor

I've been playing Nantucket

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 26, 2018

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I wound up voting for Scottie Graf in the end.

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

Had to vote for Leng, he's the only one I use outside of Precursor runs anymore. Definitely my pilot for just screwing around.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I can't believe Armbruster isn't on there

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Buff Skeleton posted:

I'm pretty sure he's a dev self-insert :ssh:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Squiggle posted:

gauss and tony-p y'all should make a game about a merc crew and its deranged old captain's descent-into-madness pursuit of The Auditor

I've been playing Nantucket

I mentioned a few pages back that I had a friend who plays this, and coincidentally he and I both also GM nerd-style games every week with a group of our mutual friends; and we both thought a Brigador campaign in the Genesys system sounded loving rad. What you said sounds like an amazing premise for a short campaign, I might just steal it.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Buff Skeleton posted:

Thought so too, but canonically, he's already dead.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Ceyton posted:

I'm pretty sure he's a dev self-insert :ssh:

Glimpse posted:

Thought so too, but canonically, he's already dead.

It's easy to spot the pros who have read the book

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
If it turns out to be Norman, would the hypothetical game be the quest to help with life insurance fraud

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

"fraud"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So how technologically advanced is Earth supposed to be? The SNC seems like they have things on par with Spacers?

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Cuntellectual posted:

So how technologically advanced is Earth supposed to be? The SNC seems like they have things on par with Spacers?

If I had to guess, everything rides in waves, right? Japan gets destroyed, then leaps forward ahead of American manufacturing and tech because they rebuilt their factories from scratch, had a lot of investment, etc. I know "what happens to earth" is a big question for most any space colony science fiction setting, but the question hasn't been specifically important to the setting of Brigador yet so I am not inclined to bring it into focus yet. It could be terrible, it could be advanced. It's probably some version of today's combination Taco Bell / Pizza Hut: high tech mixed with immense suffering and abject poverty, all mixed together.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

gauss posted:

If I had to guess, everything rides in waves, right? Japan gets destroyed, then leaps forward ahead of American manufacturing and tech because they rebuilt their factories from scratch, had a lot of investment, etc. I know "what happens to earth" is a big question for most any space colony science fiction setting, but the question hasn't been specifically important to the setting of Brigador yet so I am not inclined to bring it into focus yet. It could be terrible, it could be advanced. It's probably some version of today's combination Taco Bell / Pizza Hut: high tech mixed with immense suffering and abject poverty, all mixed together.

I imagine something akin to the state of the world in Blade Runner 2049. Ruined eco system devoid of almost any wild life and plants, snow in the middle of winter in Southern California, all food is artificial, incredibly advanced technology, incredibly low standard of living, world spanning slums.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene
Very possibly. Like I said, not going to cross that bridge until it's important, more than likely, given the import of the question. Always interesting to think about though.

Meanwhile, one of our fans did this:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

gauss posted:

Very possibly. Like I said, not going to cross that bridge until it's important, more than likely, given the import of the question. Always interesting to think about though.

that's awesome

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
Hell yeah for LEGO Brigador.

Also the podcast chat I had last week went up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfOUSZpA1U

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Section Z posted:

If it turns out to be Norman, would the hypothetical game be the quest to help with life insurance fraud

A point and click adventure game where you help poor ol' Norman commit insurance fraud

And I'm pretty sure I haven't posted in this thread before so I'll use this opportunity to say that everything about Brigador is loving awesome and I can't stop playing it. Also that lego hoker is great. Double donkey!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cuntellectual posted:

what part of the whole "spacers" ecology makes you think earth is still important

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

SO DEMANDING posted:

A point and click adventure game where you help poor ol' Norman commit insurance fraud

And I'm pretty sure I haven't posted in this thread before so I'll use this opportunity to say that everything about Brigador is loving awesome and I can't stop playing it. Also that lego hoker is great. Double donkey!

Combine maple syrup and a live cat to distract Clotilde Aalto.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

gauss posted:

I would buy that lego antigrav.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

The little happy smiling Lego man face has never been more appropriate than in a Double Donker.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

God now I want to dig out my lego and make some brigadors. Was never good at mech building though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
They're comin out of the woodworks-- another guy just posted a homebrew Spacer agrav build:

(whole album: https://imgur.com/a/FMtpr)