Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Tried Montagne for the first time; the feeling of just entering a breached objective room while your mates kill everything in front of you is exhilarating, but I do wish it gave some sort of assist or bonus if OPFOR died because it was busy shooting at your shield. As it is you only get the satisfaction of helping but no numbers going up :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
You do get points for people shooting at your extended shield though, and I think it might only triggers when you have teammate nearby.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

pedro0930 posted:

You do get points for people shooting at your extended shield though, and I think it might only triggers when you have teammate nearby.

Oh! I guess I missed that. Disregard then!

It's nice how the point system works, just got a game with 0 kills but I still managed to support my team well enough that I made it on top of the scoreboard (we didn't win).

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Tumble posted:

What do you recommend for the power adapter ethernet? I don't really want to spend more than $50 or so.

Also..... no way does dialogue turn up footsteps. Are you for serious?

Buy the fastest one you can afford. They're only like 50$ for the fast ones, I think, and that's Canadian $$$. Everything else on your computer will benefit from the faster speeds.

And yeah, the footstep noise being dictated by the Dialogue volume slider is a "bug" that ubi knows about. Just crank it up to 100.

Colonel J posted:

Oh! I guess I missed that. Disregard then!

It's nice how the point system works, just got a game with 0 kills but I still managed to support my team well enough that I made it on top of the scoreboard (we didn't win).

Yeah the people I play with call them donuts. You can easily go a round without getting a kill, especially if you're anchoring on defense. We generally poke fun at each other for eating donuts instead of playing

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Penpal posted:

And yeah sound is super important. Make sure your Dialogue volume is at 100... for some reason it controls the volume of footsteps.

Wait seriously? That's broken as poo poo.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Koramei posted:

Wait seriously? That's broken as poo poo.

It's a risk reward balance. Your reward is hearing footsteps. The risk is someone picking Tachanka, the outside-voice operator who explodes your eardrums with "WALL FORTIFICATION COMPLETE!!!"

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 21, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
:siren: BIOHAZARD CONTAINER DETECTED!!! :siren:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I put dialogue volume at 100 so I can hear IF IT RUNS ON BATTERIES, I'LL SEE IT from across the map in that angelic voice. Hearing footsteps is just a bonus.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

IQ is my statistical main and i still have no idea why she alternates between whispering and screaming across the map

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are those lines actually as loud for other players as they're to you?
Because I have all the volume sliders cranked up to max and I don't remember hearing any characters that weren't me yelling into my ears.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
It depends on distance, I think. So e.g. if you are right next to Sledge when he breaks a window, you'll hear him whisper, but a teammate on the opposite end of the map will hear him shout.

For some reason IQ switches from whispering to shouting really quickly so taking a step away from her mid-sentence gives you this jarring, sudden shriek

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Ubisoft saw Chivalry's yelling button, and one-upped them by automating it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you only hear friendlies and its often ability based so you can have some sense of what they're up to but also didohaengdongiji on cooldown

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Donnerberg posted:

Ubisoft saw Chivalry's yelling button, and one-upped them by automating it.

More games need a yell button. Battlefield 1 for instance.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
what's the current hack/walls/aimbot for siege? where can i purchase it/what do you guys recommend

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

what's the current hack/walls/aimbot for siege? where can i purchase it/what do you guys recommend

Whoa, this guy has a vac ban. He’s freakin serious :stare:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I AM BRAWW posted:

there are special goon only ones ...

El Burbo posted:

Whoa, this guy has a vac ban. He’s freakin serious :stare:

...hang on wait what I thought this was a bit. :stare:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Reminder that callouts of any kind used to be heard by both sides. IQ finding it if it runs on batteries being one of the most infamous ones actually.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

I AM BRAWW posted:

:siren: MODS?! :siren:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Reminder that callouts of any kind used to be heard by both sides. IQ finding it if it runs on batteries being one of the most infamous ones actually.

It still happens, I've heard enemy operators talk about reloading more the once over my time of playing Siege.

Deltasquid posted:

It depends on distance, I think. So e.g. if you are right next to Sledge when he breaks a window, you'll hear him whisper, but a teammate on the opposite end of the map will hear him shout.

For some reason IQ switches from whispering to shouting really quickly so taking a step away from her mid-sentence gives you this jarring, sudden shriek

I don't think it depends on distance when you say them :v: IQ alternates between whispers and extreme yelling in first person, now that's hillarous.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

didohaengdongiji

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I'm like 99% sure they patched out opfor hearing your reloads, gadget deployments etc because it was random and it made ESL sometimes depend on luck for that last clutch. Imagine being on overtime on defense in a 1v1 and you're forced to reload. 50% chance your dumb rear end screams "I'M DRY!!!!!" across the whole basement.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Pulse is in a good spot right now.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 21, 2018

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I'm not particularly good at this game, but I like this screenshot I took of someone shooting me through a window

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Then we can get recruit rushes where they scream the whole time.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
The ups and downs are crazy in this game. One match I pull off a perfect room breach from rappel where I knew exactly were opfor was thanks to my drone and know exactly where to aim, the next I get killed when the enemy just randomly sprays a barricade :(

La Brujo
Sep 22, 2008

You boys still afraid of the dark?
Just got the game a few weeks ago and I'm still p trash so if anyone wants to play feel free to add me. Or don't.

UPlay: ButtGhost666

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If you’re asking for a yell button in bf1 then you’re obviously not serving as a squad leader and spamming the go button for that sweet sweet attack whistle

I also need to shout out swish jones for playing with me and another goon and giving us lots of great advice and guidance

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

AnElegantPeacock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E8XzKiO83Y&t=94s

Basticle fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 21, 2018

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I know I usually talk about how good the general community is in Siege, but there were some team killing fucks in a round of thunt I had today and I couldn't help but wonder what drives a person to be so toxic

I guess they just enjoy being assholes, because I sure as hell don't give them the satisfaction of a histrionic response. I just shake my head solemnly

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tbh i feel like encountering tking trolls is pretty rare compared to like a year and a half ago

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Had a guy today who called me a tryhard (for what im real uncertain) shot me in the head second round when i ignored him and then tried to do the same third round. When i killed him third round after he shot and chased me across map he "reported" me.

Thats my weird toxic story of the day. Dude was super butthurt about something just decided to take it out on friendlies

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I think the autokick sets in on the second TK in two consecutive rounds, as long as you didn't damage him as well. I would have walked in front of his sights on purpose the second time.

The first temporary autoban seems to be if you TK once or twice directly after an autokick.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 21, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Had some dude TK me because I picked Fuze (on a Bomb gamemode, not even Hostage) because "Fuze ruined the game" or sumshit.
Obviously I had to pick Fuze every time we were on attack and he kept TKing me.
It was pretty funny but I couldn't figure out what his deal was.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
A friend of mine fell off of a rooftop and our teammate walked up to him and, rather than res him, just killed him instead.

I don't understand.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I was gonna make a joke but really the guy doing the killing is just an rear end. Everybody slips up

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

He was clearly using the pro strat of preventing enemy Caviar from swooping in and interrogating the downed teammate. Duh.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Tumble posted:

My skins keep getting reset so my guys look hella lame. It wouldn't be an issue if the menus were responsive but they aren't so it's a pain in the rear end.

Also, anybody here have to deal with wireless repeaters? I bought a cheap Netgear N300 to push the wireless out to my console but I get rubberbanding and warping every now and then so I was wondering what the best solution for gaming would be.

If you have cable internet and coaxial cables running in your house you can extend ethernet to anywhere you have a coaxial cable using MoCA adapters. This might be helpful to get an ethernet drop closer to your system so you can set up another wireless router or repeater, or maybe even run the ethernet directly to your console.

Works similarly to the powerline adapters. You will need additional coaxial cables so keep that in mind.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
So did they drop the Twitch changes yet? I have the feeling they might change them around a bit because the reddit reaction to that was a bit :argh:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
PS4 is under maintenance, not sure if that's every platform. I was stuck in my final placement matches and have no idea if it even counted. :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My crew doesn't play a whole lot of ranked for a variety of unimportant reasons but we did a bunch last night and I was loving garbage, generally not contributing at all except for this one round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDyn92t-Cw

After I stopped having a heart attack I resumed sucking.