Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
i feel like there has to be some dumb shield pulse/heavy blade miracle build out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I feel like the Brazen skills would work better if you can work in other sources of special acceleration like Quickened Pulse/Infantry Pulse/Slaying. +7 ATK/SPD is pretty nice.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it seems that everyone is catching up to me on the 'refined falchion should have dragonbreaker' train :smug:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

ungulateman posted:

it seems that everyone is catching up to me on the 'refined falchion should have dragonbreaker' train :smug:

Falchion needs four different refinements, but dragonbreaker cannot be allowed to exist until they release a second weapon type for dragons.

To give you an analogy, would anyone be OK with

B Skill Horsebreaker: If unit's HP ≥ 50% in combat against an cavalry user, unit can counterattack regardless of distance to foe; and unit makes a follow-up attack; and the foe cannot.

even at the worst period of horse emblem dominance?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ungulateman posted:

Dragonbreaker would only be good against FCorrin, who is probably the least common dragon and might beat some of them anyway

Well, I guess it would also be good for Chrom

E: speaking of dragons, this was some bullshit

Elyv fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 22, 2018

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
:siren: Voting is open :siren:

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's different because dragons aren't a complete movement type spanning multiple weapon types. They manage to benefit from Infantry-only skills, and they're the only weapon type without a -breaker. They even get to dodge a lot of skills like Sacae's Blessing.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

ApplesandOranges posted:

I can't think of many situations where you'd desperately want a +ATK refine. Maybe if you're either a speed demon like Lon'qu so you don't need the speed, or you're a tank that doesn't need more DEF (like Shield Pulse shenanigans) so you want more ATK to maximize counter damage.

It'd be someone like Rein where every point to attack is critical to his meta

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like the Brazen skills would work better if you can work in other sources of special acceleration like Quickened Pulse/Infantry Pulse/Slaying. +7 ATK/SPD is pretty nice.

i tried brazen atk/spd and wrath on lyn and decided i didnt like it as much as l&d. granted the spd isn't useful when you're already in the own zone because of brash katti but being able to mess up someone's day on the initial engage is too much to give up.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/Senerioh/status/955278446355271680

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Remember as you vote: Julius is Coolius.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Vote Tibarn for Laguz rights.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

I'm not voting for the boss! Where's the regular brigand!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Washout posted:

I'm not voting for the boss! Where's the regular brigand!!
gonzales?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
picked my boyo canas

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Senerio posted:

Vote Tibarn for Laguz rights.

Voted Lethe for cooler Laguz rights

E: maybe I should’ve sacrificed pride to help ensure beasts in FEH.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 22, 2018

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

I can't think of many situations where you'd desperately want a +ATK refine. Maybe if you're either a speed demon like Lon'qu so you don't need the speed, or you're a tank that doesn't need more DEF (like Shield Pulse shenanigans) so you want more ATK to maximize counter damage.

Gonna have to figure it out for Saber once I get him enough SP to refine. He's so middle-ground in everything it's hard to pinpoint his best attribute to raise.

Not desperately, but there are times where any other boost is almost useless. Fir getting +3 spd isn’t going to be as useful as +2 atk for instance.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Voted for tiki

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
i have considered giving my lyn atk katti, i will test this eventually someday. brash is sick in that it ignores breakers but +spd lyn is so daggum fast already that it might be better in practice to just go all out dmg

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Today on be the change:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

ApplesandOranges posted:

Today on be the change:

blessed image

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Here’s who I’m voting for:

Sumia
Volke
Wallace
Chrom
m!Robin
Camilla
Hector

I'm amending this list to:

m!Robin
m!Robin
m!Robin
Sumia
Volke
Wallace
Noire

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

golden bubble posted:

Falchion needs four different refinements, but dragonbreaker cannot be allowed to exist until they release a second weapon type for dragons.

To give you an analogy, would anyone be OK with

B Skill Horsebreaker: If unit's HP ≥ 50% in combat against an cavalry user, unit can counterattack regardless of distance to foe; and unit makes a follow-up attack; and the foe cannot.

even at the worst period of horse emblem dominance?

That's not what -breaker skills do. They grant/prevent doubles. Not so useful against dragons who aren't FCorrin, since most of them are slow anyway.

What Falchion would need for a refine is ignoring stat boosts on dragon or perhaps a Guard effect when fighting dragons?

Oh yeah and I picked L'Arachel, as promised.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unless your unit has 50 spd it’s too slow imo

(Even that isn’t enough to double many fast things in my arena/aa without additional buff support)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

Unless your unit has 50 spd it’s too slow imo

(Even that isn’t enough to double many fast things in my arena/aa without additional buff support)

i think my lyn has 47 with l&d? she's pretty zippy and someday when i pull the mythical +atk lyn i will swap my summoner support over and she will own dweebs directly in their skulls

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

gently caress nino

e: come to think of it would Brave Black Knight just use Greil's axe too

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 22, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Voted for Canas. I guess I'll probably vote for Nah tomorrow and then Marissa? A lot of my favorites are in already

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Servaetes posted:

e: come to think of it would Brave Black Knight just use Greil's axe too

He'd be Red Armor Zelgius

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Save a vote for Berkut as well.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

As promised, I voted Morgan.

Really, I'm expecting her pretty soon, regardless of results. She got the highest vote total of anyone not in the game already, one way or another, first time around, after all.

Not sure about the other votes, though. Might just go all in on Morgan.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Do the right thing

Elyv fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 22, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Do the right thing

How did you get a screenshot of my cyl vote

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

voted anna because it's fuckin anna

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
My first vote went to Fae since she has carried my rear end for the last three months. Tomorrow will be a Tibarn day. After that? Who knows.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

UHD posted:

voted anna because it's fuckin anna

Which Anna?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

chiasaur11 posted:

Which Anna?

heroes because I don't know any other kind

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

UHD posted:

heroes because I don't know any other kind

Awakening Anna runs scams on a demigod and can mother another one. Another Awakening Anna is the single most powerful entity in the series.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

i'm gonna stick with heroes anna because i find her get rich schemes endearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Heroes anna also might occasionally turn into Loki