Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

Reposting because I'm a monster who enjoys making you all cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6-4ssFHryM

This gets me every time. So well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TL posted:

This gets me every time. So well done.

I knew what this was going to be when I clicked on it and I was not disappointed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

precision posted:

Also, This Island Earth definitely falls into the category of "kind of a good movie". I've certainly watched it straight and enjoyed it. Plus, as they say in Dazed and Confused, "The Professor is sexy". :allears:

It's one of my dad's favorites. Our watching of the movie was interspersed with his complaining that they cut the important parts.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Sometimes when I see a round hill my brain delivers unto me the cut-out diagram from This Island Earth of the underground bunker and Tom Servo saying "it's filled with pudding", which I'm only 85% sure is actually something that happened.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Maybe I just never noticed, but Hulu has a bunch of episodes that Netflix doesn’t.

I forgot how much I loved Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Maybe I just never noticed, but Hulu has a bunch of episodes that Netflix doesn’t.

my dude have you heard of a site called "you tube"???

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is there any overlap between Netflix and Hulu? Netflix has the collection of 20 episodes, and then Hulu has a bunch of random episodes, and they've definitely added a bunch over the last few months. Most recently, Mighty Jack and Time of the Apes were added.

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank may be the only film that had a problem with anteaters.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i didn't want to bumble or bobble the fingal dopple

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

Hell, it ended up being a model for the modern video game industry.

Not quite evil enough. They'd need to sell Johnny's pieces in closed boxes where you end up with twenty left legs for every head. And then they'd need to have a way to reseize the figure when they discontinue the toy line and replace it with Longtorso 2.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

hey whats that hercules episode where the old man gets impaled by a spike in a dungeon and makes the funniest sound?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

hey whats that hercules episode where the old man gets impaled by a spike in a dungeon and makes the funniest sound?

Hercules versus the Moon Men. aka Deep Hurting.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

Hercules versus the Moon Men. aka Deep Hurting.

yes! thank you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I bet nobody scrolls up this cinema! :rolleyes:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Overdrawn just has so many excellent riffs. All of the riffing on the word doppel, The classic "Huge slam on anteaters out of nowhere," and all the follow-up riffs, Kevin singing "You can't alwayyyys get what you wa-aaaant..." when Fingal says "I'm bored" and Crow responds with "Okay, which one of us said that?"

The movie is goofy enough that it's kind of funny even without the riffs, with Raul Julia attempting to do Bogie.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh, she opened the syntho-flavo door. Along with the rest of Tom growing increasingly frustrated with the clunky future jargon.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cal's delivery of "ROOOTH" was sublime, and made The Movie worth it for that alone.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What always cracks me up is that the corporate leader guy who gets owned by being anteater doppled at the end of the movie was obviously cast so that they could do "the Fat Man" reference from Casablanca, but instead of casting something with the charismatic elan of Sydney Greenstreet, they just found some guy who was kind of heavy who seems only capable of producing speech that sounds like "ARGLEBARGLE!"

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
He could have easily filled out Space Santa's robe from Space Mutiny.

"Fiiiinnngalllll you are miiiiiiiiinnnnne!" :argh:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Come
As you are
To my mall
To my atrium
Yeah yeah

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Bicyclops posted:

What always cracks me up is that the corporate leader guy who gets owned by being anteater doppled at the end of the movie was obviously cast so that they could do "the Fat Man" reference from Casablanca, but instead of casting something with the charismatic elan of Sydney Greenstreet, they just found some guy who was kind of heavy who seems only capable of producing speech that sounds like "ARGLEBARGLE!"

"Can someone turn off the rotating fat guy?"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Those drat thugs, giving him a towel... :argh:

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I suck at gifs, but I did try to make the smiley match the villain better. Anyone else want to have a crack at it? If there was room, I would have included his amazingly owl-like haircut.

https://imgur.com/a/Z7YFT

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

"but mom, I ordered the soup!"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
She's eating Raul!

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Shhhh! They're talking about his area!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It’s a Raul-bix cube

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

TL posted:

It’s a Raul-bix cube

Mike preemptively groaning at the 'Cube-an' pun is still great.

"I seem to have died, is that ok?'

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"And now the news! ... That was the news."

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Is her brain sexy?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Artsygrrl posted:

I suck at gifs, but I did try to make the smiley match the villain better. Anyone else want to have a crack at it? If there was room, I would have included his amazingly owl-like haircut.

https://imgur.com/a/Z7YFT

what about :shepface: with the haircut because it looks like when they hit Raul with stereo cats

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
DOCTOR WHO...the hell cares!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The answer my friend is blow it out your rear end.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Mister Kingdom posted:

My pick for the greatest riff ever.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Dungeon Ecology posted:

what about :shepface: with the haircut because it looks like when they hit Raul with stereo cats

Okay I like that idea better.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TL posted:

Oh for the love of... EACH. OF. YOU. WILL. ENTER. A. SPACE. CAPSULE.

e: alternately "drat! I'm in space already!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

TL posted:

From "Racket Girls":

"When Ed Wood saw this film, it was like when Truffaut saw Citizen Kane!" :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

precision posted:

Oh for the love of... EACH. OF. YOU. WILL. ENTER. A. SPACE. CAPSULE.

e: alternately "drat! I'm in space already!"

Capsule? Capsule!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
...Prince of Space, sir?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"The World Championships are on"
"...of what?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Oh, he's a made for TV hippie.

(The 'blow it out your arse' riff never, ever fails to catch me off guard and make me laugh like a lunatic.)

The entire sequence of $1.59 special effects in Danger: Death Ray is also right up there in my favourite riffing section. The 'don't go up there, you'll turn into toys!' usually finishes me off.