Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

This kind of makes sense, since Costco sells bulk inventory and millennials are starting families later in life, if at all.

It is still a misconception though. I'm a millennial who goes to Costco and I definitely benefit from their bargains. People think bulk + no family = no reason for Costco, but this is unsound reasoning. If you use anything frequently (cooking oil, bath tissue, batteries, etc.) then Costco is for you.
Dairy and paper products alone should cover the membership for the most part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I bought a 3-pack of selfie sticks at Costco for $15 the other day. My 70-year-old dad visited this past summer and I took a lot of selfies of us during his stay and now he’s obsessed with them (he teaches photography). But he just can’t seem to get the hang of taking selfies himself because his arms are too short, so I got the selfie sticks to give to him when he visits again this summer. He said I could keep one, so now I have a selfie stick. PBUC!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't want my food grown with ~~~chemicals~~~

-an idiot

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bought the seaweed snacks on this thread's recommendation. I think think they suck. But I can take them back for a refund. PBUC

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I was in Costco today and I noticed they sell Heinz. But not the original High Fructose Corn Syrup Heinz - no, the organic Heinz. You don't even see that stuff in restaurants. It says a lot about Costco, really.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Anyone else ever have the bulgogi bake at korean costco? Back in 2007-2010 at least. It was really good and i wish they had it here.

Speaking of the korean costco. In the cafeteria all the koreans would load a plate full of onions, relish, mustard, and ketchup in a giant pile. In korea they always give you pickles with pizza but the giant condiment piles were still bizzarre.

I've had a bulgogi bake in 2015, at a Taiwanese Costco. It was marvelous, and I desperately wish that they would offer it here.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

arisu posted:

I've had a bulgogi bake in 2015, at a Taiwanese Costco. It was marvelous, and I desperately wish that they would offer it here.

God drat that looks good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Anyone else ever have the bulgogi bake at korean costco? Back in 2007-2010 at least. It was really good and i wish they had it here.

I've had 10-20 of them over the years, they are amazing. My work takes me to Korea/Japan/Taiwan/etc a few times a year, so I always stop by the Costco food court for lunch a few times. They used to be better though, when I had some in 2017 they weren't as good as I remember.

Speaking of the korean costco. In the cafeteria all the koreans would load a plate full of onions, relish, mustard, and ketchup in a giant pile. In korea they always give you pickles with pizza but the giant condiment piles were still bizzarre.

Yeah, we were talking about it a few months ago in this thread. It's crazy to see, but then again the crowds at the various Seoul area Costcos are crazy to see as well.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone know if Costco's return policy covers 3 year old toothbrushes?

...asking for a friend :ninja:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

OSU_Matthew posted:

If someone can return a live Christmas tree...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bury me in a Costco coffin. Does your local costco sell coffins?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

OSU_Matthew posted:

You should be good to go but ultimately it's the stores discretion

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Cashed my Mastercard rewards cheque at the 'Co today.

Everyone around me at returns looked on in awe as two clerks counted out hundreds on the counter and stuffed it in an envelope for me. A+ would redeem this way again

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I come today to take the sacrament of confession among the faithful, my membership to the Holy of Holies has expired.... I fear it will be a few days before I prostrate myself at the counter of renewal. Please... pray for me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

hope and vaseline posted:

Why are Ling Ling dumplings only sporadically in stock for the past few years? Stop trying to sell me the gourmet dumplings that are almost twice as much per pound. All hail Ling Ling.

I dunno, but I immediately write Costco corporate when they go out of stock and talk to my store. I also try to keep two back up bags in the freezer.

Yes, I have a problem.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I come today to take the sacrament of confession among the faithful, my membership to the Holy of Holies has expired.... I fear it will be a few days before I prostrate myself at the counter of renewal. Please... pray for me.

May Jim Sinegal watch over you in your dark times, and guide you to the light of savings

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The Bibigo microwace steamed dumplings rule. Our church was out of them for months but now has them again. 2 minutes in the microwave and 1 minute resting. I serve with veggies and rice for as easy dinner.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

Why are Ling Ling dumplings only sporadically in stock for the past few years? Stop trying to sell me the gourmet dumplings that are almost twice as much per pound. All hail Ling Ling.
In boston we only seem to have chicken, never pork in stock. Chicken isn't bad, but pork is so much better!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

OSU_Matthew posted:

I returned a 1 year old electric toothbrush that stopped working, so depends upon what is wrong with it I guess.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

therobit posted:

The Bibigo microwace steamed dumplings rule. Our church was out of them for months but now has them again. 2 minutes in the microwave and 1 minute resting. I serve with veggies and rice for as easy dinner.

I bought the Bibigo bibimbap bowls, and they were very good for microwavable food.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mnemosyne posted:

I bought the Bibigo bibimbap bowls, and they were very good for microwavable food.

Can confirm.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

smh at you not having the Costco credit card and the automatic renewal. I'm good until 2019 what's your excuse heretic?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

binge crotching posted:

I returned a 1 year old electric toothbrush that stopped working, so depends upon what is wrong with it I guess.

Did you have the box, by chance? My wife got me a Sonicare (two-pack, of course) for Xmas and hers mysteriously stopped working/charging. We tossed the box, and I feel kind of awkward just bringing in a used toothbrush to the Customer Service desk.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Do you guys know of any decent frozen chicken or fish or stuff like that that won't turn out dry and dead after cooking?

I'm back at it again for maybe the 4th year in the row in the weight loss thread in YLLS and I need to start making my own dinners again. I'm a sad, single, lonely person so I need to keep things simple. I suppose I could go out every day and buy a single chicken breast but that wouldn't allow me to visit my local church. Unless I freeze it all.

Any ideas of healthy foods for sad brains?

Oh, I'm definitely getting my normandy blend of course.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Do you guys know of any decent frozen chicken or fish or stuff like that that won't turn out dry and dead after cooking?

I'm back at it again for maybe the 4th year in the row in the weight loss thread in YLLS and I need to start making my own dinners again. I'm a sad, single, lonely person so I need to keep things simple. I suppose I could go out every day and buy a single chicken breast but that wouldn't allow me to visit my local church. Unless I freeze it all.

Oh, I'm definitely getting my normandy blend of course.

The Kirkland frozen chicken breasts in single vacuum bags are rad and I eat basmati+chicken+Normandy for most meals. PBUC

C. Everett Koop posted:

smh at you not having the Costco credit card and the automatic renewal. I'm good until 2019 what's your excuse heretic?

I am but a worm, I guess it’s time to redouble my blessings and get the ultimate card!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I grab a bag of the Taylor Farms sweet kale salad and a package of the Pinty’s prepared chicken breasts, then just portion both out in 150 g servings. One of each plus a little bit of Frank’s Red Hot sauce (0 calories!) is a good, healthy meal.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

The Midniter posted:

Did you have the box, by chance? My wife got me a Sonicare (two-pack, of course) for Xmas and hers mysteriously stopped working/charging. We tossed the box, and I feel kind of awkward just bringing in a used toothbrush to the Customer Service desk.

Oh my god, thank you, I'm in the same boat. The seals fail over time so water gets in and corrodes the electronics. It's a known thing, and Sonicare will apparently RMA you if they're under two years old... But that still leaves you without a toothbrush for a month, and I'm hosed because my second one died and I never bothered googling what was wrong with the first one to RMA that one in time, soooo we'll see if I can save a hundred bucks and get an immediate replacement tonight. I read Facebook posts suggesting it worked for other people who brought in the chargers and all the accessories, but no box.

PBUC, for tonight I take my sacrament at the food court in the hopes that Saint Sinegal may forgive me for what I am about to return, and cleanse both my soul and my teeth.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The Kirkland frozen chicken breasts in single vacuum bags are rad and I eat basmati+chicken+Normandy for most meals. PBUC

my basmati brotha

I just moved to Michigan and there's a Costco nearby. Got a membership and immediately bought a hot dog/soda for $1.50 those loving fools have no idea what they're doing ( it was just okay--I missed out when they were serving Hebrew National)

WTF is with milk prices, though? Maybe it's just Michigan but I went from paying ~$0.60/gallon at ALDI to $2+ at Costco. Made a special trip to ALDI last night for milk and even there it's $1.75/gallon. Mothafuckas want me to have weak bones or some poo poo

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bloodplay it again posted:

my basmati brotha

I just moved to Michigan and there's a Costco nearby. Got a membership and immediately bought a hot dog/soda for $1.50 those loving fools have no idea what they're doing ( it was just okay--I missed out when they were serving Hebrew National)

WTF is with milk prices, though? Maybe it's just Michigan but I went from paying ~$0.60/gallon at ALDI to $2+ at Costco. Made a special trip to ALDI last night for milk and even there it's $1.75/gallon. Mothafuckas want me to have weak bones or some poo poo

Milk is different state by state, and many have laws regarding its pricing, best by, etc. The dairy farmers association have even gotten laws passed in certain states where stores are legally required to dump milk long before its actual expiration date, and they can't even donate it to food banks or anything.

Most grocery stores also subsidize milk as a loss leader, just to get people in the door to buy things they make profit on.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My glasses still arent in and it's been over two weeks now. WTH

Edit: I think they're monitoring this thread. I posted this and they literally just texted me that they just came in. :tinfoil:

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 22, 2018

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Croatoan posted:

My glasses still arent in and it's been over two weeks now. WTH

Turn that WTH into a PBUC my friend! I’m sure the extra time is going to make sure they are perfect :]

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Midniter posted:

I had a plastic Safeway bag that I tossed it all in. The guy took it back no questions asked.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

The panko-crusted chx breasts are whole meat and cook up nicely. I make a batch of sauce while they cook, then top them with a little sauce and some shredded cheese in the last couple minutes. Serve with pasta. Since I'm cooking for a family, I'll make a half-dozen and prep "leftover" lunch containers, but you could just as easily cook up just one or two.

I assume every Costco carries the Ultimate Fish Stick. I keep them around for panic Taco Tuesdays; some crunchy fish, a little slaw, squirt of lime. They don't reheat, but you can just grab 3-4 and toss them in the oven.

The Kirkland Salmon Burgers (they might be from Trident, too) aren't fishy at all. Make some chipotle mayo or top with some avocado (as well as something crunchy).

Lastly, even if you're cooking for one: it's just as easy to bake two chickens as it is to cook one. Costco sells them in two packs. Season 'em and toss them in a v-rack side-by-side. Eat whatever you want from the first chicken, then have a chicken-pulling party and freeze the rest in small packs for soup, chicken pot pies, bbq pulled chicken, whatever. Make a half-day of it by cooking the bones for stock and bagging it; that stuff lasts for like a year in the freezer. Conversely, just buy the Kirkland rotisserie chicken that comes in like 3-lb. bags and break it up.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Turn that WTH into a PBUC my friend! I’m sure the extra time is going to make sure they are perfect :]

It did not test my faith! I will take sacrament today when I pick up my glasses, PRAISE BE UNTO COSTCO!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Bury me in a Costco coffin. Does your local costco sell coffins?

Funeral - Costco Wholesale

https://www.costco.com/funeral.html

From the cradle to the grave, may Jim Sinegal guide us home.

PBUC

.. I wonder if you can return a used casket...

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

OSU_Matthew posted:

Funeral - Costco Wholesale

https://www.costco.com/funeral.html

From the cradle to the grave, may Jim Sinegal guide us home.

PBUC

.. I wonder if you can return a used casket...

Not a category in which I was aware Costco brokered, but am pleased with their reasonable prices.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I wish my funeral to be at Costco. Mourners will roll my casket through the store and throw free samples into it. Finally, it will stop at the food court for one last $1.50 dog before hauling my dead rear end to the cemetery.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

People buried in Costco caskets ARE the hot dogs stay woke

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's a Costco coffin display at my local Costco (Canberra) plus also a Costco spa display.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

OSU_Matthew posted:

Milk is different state by state, and many have laws regarding its pricing, best by, etc. The dairy farmers association have even gotten laws passed in certain states where stores are legally required to dump milk long before its actual expiration date, and they can't even donate it to food banks or anything.

Most grocery stores also subsidize milk as a loss leader, just to get people in the door to buy things they make profit on.

When I went to Costco and saw $2+/gal milk, I thought "it's because people don't wanna have to make a separate trip to another store so they're making more money, genius" but then when I went to ALDI and saw the sacrilegious price of milk, it was then I knew that I had moved to the wrong state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Picked up the ready to cook Korean BBQ beef and onion deal. Holy poo poo me and the wife were in flavor country. First time I ever saw it at my local Co. I’m buying that poo poo every time I see it now. It was amazing.