Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
where on earth do you live that milk was 60 cents a gallon, the national average is like 2.40.

Costco is like 3-4 for a 2 pack depending on which percent, which is certainly cheaper than most other stores here. Their milk and cheese is as cheap as you can get anywhere really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
$4 milk at my safeway
yay south bay area

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I cannot even fathom paying sixty cents for a gallon of milk without going back in time. PBUC.

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?

Harton posted:

Picked up the ready to cook Korean BBQ beef and onion deal. Holy poo poo me and the wife were in flavor country. First time I ever saw it at my local Co. I’m buying that poo poo every time I see it now. It was amazing.
is it this thing?

http://www.tastyislandhawaii.com/images13/costco_hawaii/costco_hi_bulgogi_beef.jpg

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

At the 'co, getting boring resupplies, and tried the chicken bake

The rainbow came down upon me as I left, signaling it was a good call and that Costco gas is delightful

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I live in loving Missouri and milk is about 3 a gallon, where the gently caress is it that cheap

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Costco must have taken that really lovely Forbes article personally. In addition to stocking the standard La Croix pack (as they always did, gently caress the fake news), mine is stocking four other packs including the one with the weird blackberry cucumber type flavors. Mine is also stocking the palettes of Mexican coke.

PBUC. Can't wait till libelous, failing media institutions like Forbes go bankrupt.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dely Apple posted:

At the 'co, getting boring resupplies, and tried the chicken bake

The rainbow came down upon me as I left, signaling it was a good call and that Costco gas is delightful

Truly a blessed photo. The gods look down upon thine cheap gas prices.

I found that individually wrapped chicken so thanks guys. Yes, I understand it's more wasteful but as a sad, lonely, sack of poo poo it really helps because they'd all get freezer burned otherwise.

I also had my communion and it was divine.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Do you guys know of any decent frozen chicken or fish or stuff like that that won't turn out dry and dead after cooking?

frozen rainbow trout fillets, Kirkland brand, oven at 275f for 12 minutes. we put salt, pepper, a bit of prapika, panko breadcrumbs, and mustard on it, serve it with rice and kale salad, all from the 'co. PUBC.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Yea, bretheren, my faith is strong, and I gave a mighty tithe at the local church today, but the father, in his wisdom, seems to have abandoned Yoplait yogurt for multiple varieties of fashionable Greek yogurt. Are other churches following? Does the church now solely favor the Greek Yogurt Orthodoxy?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

stealie72 posted:

Yea, bretheren, my faith is strong, and I gave a mighty tithe at the local church today, but the father, in his wisdom, seems to have abandoned Yoplait yogurt for multiple varieties of fashionable Greek yogurt. Are other churches following? Does the church now solely favor the Greek Yogurt Orthodoxy?

Reject the heathen yogurt, for Greek is the one true yogurt answer.

I attended the evening service at Costco and completed the sacrement, but alas, I was not able to drink the blood of our Lord and Savior, JS, for the food court was out of ketchup

Costco did cleanse me of both my sins and plaque though, as they did indeed take back the 3 year old sonicare for store credit, with which I purchased a new 150$ toothbrush. I joked with the cashier that this might look bad, but at least it's not a used casket.

... yet :shepspends:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Tato posted:

including the one with the weird blackberry cucumber type flavors

PBUC! That one's the best.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone buy clothes at costco? Thinking of updating my wardrobes and they have good brands.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone buy clothes at costco? Thinking of updating my wardrobes and they have good brands.

The joggers they just got are great. I’m going back to grab one of the hooded sweaters next week. The pockets have zippers! 👍

Oh Adaira
May 7, 2008

Casual Tabby
Just underwear and socks. Maybe it's just my local costco, but it just seems like beyond the basics there's just like your local sports team fleece jackets and ill fitting jeans. The underwear and sock selection is lit though.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I work at corporate. Its really annoying when you come into work and 4 other guys are wearing the same shirt because we all got it at the warehouse.

They were selling North Face jackets last month in the Issaquah warehouse. My new favorite brand though is Gerry. Wearing the orange Gerry ss button down right now. It's like the Costco version of NF stuff.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fairly good, one issue is they never seem to stock enough smalls, medium or equivalent waist sizes which sucks. sometimes hunting through a stack pays off with the last one there. always seem to have shittons of lg/xl/xxl so if thats for you then go for it. also sometimes sizing is wack walmart-level with mediums often being swimming-in-it, other times its fine.

Quality is fairly good but does vary. probably the most problem part is it changes all the time and dont have a lot of options, or if you find one you like then go back the next week they're all gone (had some nice cheap polo-y shirts over the summer). their slacks were very good, but i found the button downs a little awkward.

e: yes the kirkland merino wool socks and underwear loving own

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a couple pairs of super light weight shorts (the ones that are shorts but also swim trunks) and they area great and were IIRC $12.99(!!!)

Zipping pockets made them perfect for my trip overseas last summer.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They sell lucky jeans for 30 bucks every couple months and yes I buy them.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

No Butt Stuff posted:

They sell lucky jeans for 30 bucks every couple months and yes I buy them.

Same, they are good and and have a good cut. PBUC

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

i got a couple pairs of super light weight shorts (the ones that are shorts but also swim trunks) and they area great and were IIRC $12.99(!!!)

Zipping pockets made them perfect for my trip overseas last summer.

Did you find the plane there?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

nice

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Good luck trying to find mens small shirts at my local Costco. Nothing but M - XXXL and I cry every time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:grin:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

KakerMix posted:

Good luck trying to find mens small shirts at my local Costco. Nothing but M - XXXL and I cry every time.

Same tbh

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

KakerMix posted:

Same but with size 15 shoes

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I have found that 1 Costco may have 80% XL, but if you go to another one, it is 80% Medium. Seems to me they like to send all of 1 size to a single store.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Same but with size 15 shoes

Your out of luck there. Maybe you can wear the box regular sized shoes come in.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

OSU_Matthew posted:

Funeral - Costco Wholesale

https://www.costco.com/funeral.html

From the cradle to the grave, may Jim Sinegal guide us home.

PBUC

.. I wonder if you can return a used casket...

Check out the FAQ

quote:

Q: Why is Costco Wholesale selling caskets?
As a service to our members

Pretty straight forward!

Returns:

quote:

Q: What is the sales policy/guarantee?
Costco.com will only accept a return of a casket due to freight or cosmetic damage from shipping.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cremate me in a Costco food court pizza oven and spread my ashes in the parking lot

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chinatown posted:

cremate me in a Costco food court pizza oven and spread my ashes in the parking lot

Not a costco urn?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I make sure my kids spend enough time in church that they know drat well I'm buried in a Costco coffin, with my Costco Visa, and my last refund check torn in two and placed over my eyes.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I liked the Kirkland Greek Yogurt variety pack but it seems it was discontinued. But they do have Siggi's Skyr now, so that's cool. $12.99 for a twelve pack of vanilla and strawberry is a good deal as single cups are like $1.59 at Meijer.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

if you put me into a god drat vase i will gently caress with you from the astral plane

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do they take a photo of you and put it on your membership card at Costco in America or can anyone use it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Do they take a photo of you and put it on your membership card at Costco in America or can anyone use it?

They do yeah. That said, they will take anyone's credit/debit card so if you you can probably get away with lending it out. I've "hosted" people and they would just hook me up with a free rotisserie chicken or whatever for a tank of gas and a run through the store on their dime.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Taking the sacrament more often will fix this problem tbh.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GI_Clutch posted:

I liked the Kirkland Greek Yogurt variety pack but it seems it was discontinued. But they do have Siggi's Skyr now, so that's cool. $12.99 for a twelve pack of vanilla and strawberry is a good deal as single cups are like $1.59 at Meijer.

My Costco ordered too much of some Greek yogurt brand recently so just bought 12 single serving packs for under $2 total due to their firesale to get them out before they expire in February.

Feeling pretty good right now.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yes! It was delicious.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

They do yeah. That said, they will take anyone's credit/debit card so if you you can probably get away with lending it out. I've "hosted" people and they would just hook me up with a free rotisserie chicken or whatever for a tank of gas and a run through the store on their dime.

That depends on the store. They're not supposed to allow you to use somebody else's card to pay.

Besides, if you put it on your card and get reimbursed in cash, you get to collect the 2% cashback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

OSU_Matthew posted:

.. I wonder if you can return a used casket...