Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
You can have bars at all ages shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

You can have bars at all ages shows

I'm not old enough to want seated early shows, but I am too old to spend my evenings with teenagers and kids.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I had later shifts as well and would be out late for shows often, but getting a 8-5 job changed that. It has to be someone I really like to be out until 12 or 1 on a weekday now. Getting old really is a bummer.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Support youth in music and be there for young punks and queers

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Support youth in music and be there for young punks and queers

I don't want to spend my evenings around kids. Deal with it, friend.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
If you're worried about shows you go to being completely overrun by teenagers then consider developing a more mature taste in music

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

All right cool, thanks for your input, have a good one.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

If you're worried about shows you go to being completely overrun by teenagers then consider developing a more mature taste in music

lol what the gently caress

anyway, I really did the new Shopping album that came out on Friday. Guess I am a big fan of British post-punk so far this year, between this and Shame.

Here it is on the youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnAm6AphanY

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm not old enough to want seated early shows, but I am too old to spend my evenings with teenagers and kids.

why? I'm old and while I don't deliberately hang out with kids I'm not so opposed to their presence that I feel like they need to be barred from going to the same shows I go to. what is the point of that attitude? imo everyone should be welcome.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I saw Bad Bad Hats last night and they were awesome. I am old and was surrounded by lots of younger people and still had fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bEfMeeDf8

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

why? I'm old and while I don't deliberately hang out with kids I'm not so opposed to their presence that I feel like they need to be barred from going to the same shows I go to. what is the point of that attitude? imo everyone should be welcome.

Plus if you aren’t going to shows where there are young people, odds are you’re one of those boring old fuckers who only listens to the stuff that was popular twenty years ago when they were still alive on the inside.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Earwicker posted:

It's a personal preference, I do not want to hang around teenagers.

And I'm not an old fart only listening to music from 20 years ago.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I don't want to see or hear teenagers therefore they should be barred completely from ever seeing any concert I also want to see

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Did you consider like not standing next to the teenagers

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yo, gently caress off, it's my personal preference and I don't have to justify anything to you.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I bet a lot of your favorite artists would be disappointed

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Give it up dude, go post your rage elsewhere

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
This thread went downhill.

I wish there was a way to pay less to only see an opener. I want to see Tokyo Police Club but not Matt and Kim

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Wut

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I don't want to see or hear teenagers therefore they should be barred completely from ever seeing any concert I also want to see

Unironically agree

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
one time I went to a Swans show and some underage teens tried to start a mosh pit and Michael Gira stopped the show to chew them out, it was pretty great

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yo, gently caress off, it's my personal preference and I don't have to justify anything to you.

you can have whatever stupid personal preferences you want but other people get to point out why they are stupid.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yep this is 2017 SA not 2007.. no worry of a ban with this stuff.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Earwicker posted:

you can have whatever stupid personal preferences you want but other people get to point out why they are stupid.

Thanks for letting me know, have a good day and hope you listen to some nice music.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
So I'm digging the new Tune-Yards. Seeing them live this year is going to be blast again I bet!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

bows1 posted:

I wish there was a way to pay less to only see an opener. I want to see Tokyo Police Club but not Matt and Kim

Why? M&K are cool live, despite their recent lovely music.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Got tickets for The National - one of my bucket list bands - in Raleigh. I didn't know they had a southeast tour (I swear I'm on their mailing list) so I missed out on the best seats, but it's a fully seated amphitheater (besides the lawn) - so at least I didn't miss out on GA. So stoked.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

bows1 posted:

Even if you're not the biggest fan of their music, Matt and Kim live shows are a lot of fun.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ok well then maybe I'll go just for the hell of it.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

Even if you're not the biggest fan of their music, Matt and Kim live shows are a lot of fun.

Yup. They are the only band I tell people you can know absolutely nothing about and still have a fun time. Its just a wild party for an hour plus.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

BonoMan posted:

Got tickets for The National - one of my bucket list bands - in Raleigh. I didn't know they had a southeast tour (I swear I'm on their mailing list) so I missed out on the best seats, but it's a fully seated amphitheater (besides the lawn) - so at least I didn't miss out on GA. So stoked.

I had a ton of fun when I saw them over the weekend!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

CLAM DOWN posted:

why the gently caress did you post about it then

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks for letting me know, have a good day and hope you listen to some nice music.

ahaha this passive aggressive posting style is so cool

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
I'm having to pass on the National this year - as much fun as getting drunk in a vineyard while they play sounds, tickets are twice as expensive as they were last time they played.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Extremely lol at the man who is scared of children

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWWFGQKPXbA

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
New single from RBCF, who own and who you should be listening to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZPbcJQC2Q

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Extremely lol at the man who is scared of children

The only thing that bothers me about teens at shows is when local laws force the venue to segregate drinkers into a tiny corner with a lovely view. I assume all the kids are tripping on acid or molly anyway so let me enjoy a beer next to them what the gently caress.

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Hate going to GA shows because I have to stand in line super early and hope I'm not stuck behind a tall person/someone who holds their phone up the entire show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

New Unknown Mortal Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFFa440Mo0I

Echoing someone's comment I saw on reddit asking if Josh Homme joined the band. Either way loving hell that song is great