Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

that does seem problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bring back JVG bucks! BRING BACK JVG

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Embiid loving owns.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bashez posted:

Same here, it's really depressing. I think I'd enjoy watching an honest to god bad Spurs team trying to develop young talent over the rudderless ship out there now.

I'm also very pessimistic about his injury. I don't think this is going away.

you bastards are spoiled rotten

"my Spurs have been a contender for 30 straight years except for that one year we tanked and got Timmy - it's gotten kinda boring...."

predicto fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 23, 2018

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol
https://twitter.com/SamuelYLam/status/955554193598685184

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

lmao I knew that Capela quote was gonna get a reaction and it didn't disappoint

It's cool watching nice foreign guys learn to talk poo poo, it's like when Yao got a technical

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I think Monty is an average coach and won't uplift the Bucks that much, but if I'm wrong and he wins a chip with them, I'll be so loving happy for him and them.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Monty is a good guy but they should grab Fizdale, IMO.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Hire Nevada Smith off the Sioux Falls Skyforce. I want a coach in the league that makes D'Antoni seems like a conservative 90s holdover.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

lmao I knew that Capela quote was gonna get a reaction and it didn't disappoint

It's cool watching nice foreign guys learn to talk poo poo, it's like when Yao got a technical

I think I've posted this before but Capela lived in the same apartment building as my sis downtown and she ran into him on the elevator once. She said he was really nice but also wouldn't introduce me :mad:

She also worked for a catering company in college and worked Jordan's 50th birthday. She said he's a prick

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kibner posted:

I think Monty is an average coach and won't uplift the Bucks that much, but if I'm wrong and he wins a chip with them, I'll be so loving happy for him and them.

An average coach would be a big upgrade to Kidds awfulness.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Jason Kidd is from the Byron Scott coaching tree.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
you guys no freakin clue how close I am to thinking Porzingis is gonna be more Bargnani than Nowitzki, and the MSG broadcast team wasn't doing him any service indulging that "guys keep hitting me on the elbow when I shoot" thing if the refs aren't ever calling a foul you have to score some other way

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

i think enes kanter had some tweet about being trapped in an airport and possibly sent to turkey on his birthday so you had a sorta "help they're going to kill me" tweet with the balloons and streamers hah

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Neat, the new Mardi Gras hat has "laissez les bons temps rouler" written on the inside brim.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

Neat, the new Mardi Gras hat has "laissez les bons temps rouler" written on the inside brim.

Always "laissez les bons temps rouler"

tout les temps

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

monty made durant into a good defender so i'm just imagining what he could do with giannis

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

EvanTH posted:

you guys no freakin clue how close I am to thinking Porzingis is gonna be more Bargnani than Nowitzki, and the MSG broadcast team wasn't doing him any service indulging that "guys keep hitting me on the elbow when I shoot" thing if the refs aren't ever calling a foul you have to score some other way

I don't know where this Knicks hate is coming but you will not put out filthy lies about KP

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
klaw uncle says things are chill not chilled http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Kawhi-Leonard-s-camp-refutes-ESPN-report-12515778.php

quote:

Disputing a report from ESPN, that described Leonard and his camp as "distant" and "disconnected" from the team, Leonard's uncle, Dennis Robertson, says there is no tension between the two parties.

"There is nothing true to that story," Robertson told the Express-News hours after the story published. "Kawhi's camp and the Spurs are how they've always been – doing the right thing for the team and the right thing for Kawhi."
kawhi for kemba blockbuster incoming :qq:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

predicto posted:

you bastards are spoiled rotten

"my Spurs have been a contender for 30 straight years except for that one year we tanked and got Timmy - it's gotten kinda boring...."

Two years into the post-Shaq Lakers era, some poster here said something along the lines of "this rebuilding stuff was fun and all but it's time to get back to winning"

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Two years into the post-Shaq Lakers era, some poster here said something along the lines of "this rebuilding stuff was fun and all but it's time to get back to winning"

And then they did!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The thing to remember about Bargs was that he wasn't just a poor defender (I know he has people on this board who defend him there, YOU ARE loving WRONG) and laughably soft rebounder, he was also a black hole who turned the ball over a bit too much. And I could have even lived with that if he had been a reliable shooter on Nowitzki's level, or even on the level of someone like Al Harrington. But he had one solid eFG season playing full minutes, (09-10), when his eFG was .523, a pretty respectable clip. It got worse from there, there were seasons where he was being outshot by DeMar DeRozan, a historically poor long distance shooter, from 3pt land. It's not a good sign, typically, when a player peaks at 24, especially when there isn't some awful injury to at least explain it away. The thing is, I remember thinking, "Well let's just move him to SF, that way it leaves the 4 and 5 for guys who can perform in the post". They tried that, and it was even worse, because while he lacked the skills to be a true C or PF, he was slow like you'd expect a 7 footer to be, and with none of the skills SF traditionally have. Dude was gettin' murdered by people quicker than him at every position he tried.

It's a bit maddening to realize that we got a poor man's Al Harrington with the only #1 overall pick in franchise history. Blech. If we could do it again, Aldridge at #1, no question. At worst, he makes it clear he doesn't wanna play for us and we get a package for him that outperforms Bargnani.

My larger point here is that Porzingis is much, much better. The shotblocking alone makes him better, and even if you find him lacking in the rebounding department, he's significantly better than Bargnani.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 23, 2018

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

Tim Bomtemps is cool and all but I don't understand why you'd make a hat saying he rules

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Tim Bomtemps is cool and all but I don't understand why you'd make a hat saying he rules

:yeah:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the trib's got some big news about basketball

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Jason Kidd intentionally spilling his drink kicked rear end.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
A talented young team with a rising superstar?

Phil Jackson is BACK

please no

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Bucks should steal Nick Nurse from the Raptors bench so they go back to being a boring ISO team that jacks up bunch of lovely mid-range jumpers.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

hire JVG imo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
who says yes http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc9efb64

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jason kidd is the derek fisher of coaches

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

dokmo posted:

Bucks should steal Nick Nurse from the Raptors bench so they go back to being a boring ISO team that jacks up bunch of lovely mid-range jumpers.

Please don't. I'm glad at how theyre playing this year but that it took four years before Casey started actually listening to him was a loving tragedy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

jason kidd is the derek fisher of coaches

Just a winner?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

i picked him as "most overrated" in Zogo's poll this offseason, which i have waffled between being ashamed of and thinking it wasn't such a bad pick

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/955636272181272576

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Love gonna get exiled? what a bad detail to leak

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Everybody get your trade machine up and ready

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I like Love and think he is a good player but he does seem to randomly come down with a sickness when it's not going well in the first. He also been the pariah there since arriving so I would probably be sick of it too, they have a championship because of him and him only and becoming DPOY for 24 seconds and no one else on that team did poo poo in any of those 7 games

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/955636814647349248?s=17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

• Locked thread