Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

5er posted:

Nothing makes me wish I had never bought this game quite as much as sitting through 70 core activations- 5 legendary and 19 rare cores in the stack- and not only not getting a unique, but also having only 3 out of all of them worth keeping after tedious culling.
I am not touching whatever is next if this gatcha fuckshow is in it too.
How many rare blades do you have left? It took 700 cores for me to go from 5 left to 4 left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I think I opened ~200 cores total for all of them. With like 600 luck

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I had over 800 luck with the last 200.

I have all of the none of the luck.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
I'm just waiting for NG+ to try for my remaining four blades now. I don't see any point in trying to fill out my collection when I've exhausted the content I'd want them for.
Not like I'd have any use for Adenine even if I rolled her now. :shrug:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Now that this game has been out for awhile, I can finally reveal that I play the role of the screaming chicken horn in the background of a specific music track that plays in certain areas of Mor Ardain and Cliffs of Morytha

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I feel bad for whining about how many core crystals it took me. All in all I probably opened about 200 commons, 150 rares, and 50 legendaries to get all the blades. Maybe more, honestly, but that seems about right. I didn't go crazy with Luck items or anything like that either.

Actually that seems high, I dunno. The whole thing went in spurts. I got a handful from commons really early, then I'd open 30 rares and get nothing, but then get 3 in a row. Same with Legendaries. My first 15 Legendaries got me nothing but then I got 2 in a row again. It was annoying mainly because the one I wanted the entire time I didn't get til 2nd last, drat Zenobia, but I guess I had it pretty good compared to some.

I will murder someone if NG+ makes me do that again though. Or more accurately I just won't play it.

ssb fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 23, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there anything important in Temperantia? Going back here to do some quest and this place sucks.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there anything important in Temperantia? Going back here to do some quest and this place sucks.

Spoilering in case reasons, but I don't think I'm posting anything too spoilery:
There's a bunch of late/postgame poo poo and a fair number of blade unique quests and sidequests take you there (Dagas, Agate come to mind, but plenty of others too) but main story has just the one thing there that takes you just to the titan weapon and you never go back as far as I can remember.

There's actually a bit more to Temperantia than I thought at first. It's still desolate and full of high level enemies but it's a lot bigger than it felt.

Edit: You will use Temperantia for farming Gold Chips late or post-game.

Edit 2: There's a level 100 boss and a level 130 superboss there too.

ssb fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 23, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

shortspecialbus posted:

Spoilering in case reasons, but I don't think I'm posting anything too spoilery:
There's a bunch of late/postgame poo poo and a fair number of blade unique quests and sidequests take you there (Dagas, Agate come to mind, but plenty of others too) but main story has just the one thing there that takes you just to the titan weapon and you never go back as far as I can remember.

There's actually a bit more to Temperantia than I thought at first. It's still desolate and full of high level enemies but it's a lot bigger than it felt.

My problem is that it feels too big and I hate the music here.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

My problem is that it feels too big and I hate the music here.

It is too big for what it is although I get what they were going for. There's also an annoying lack of fast travel points especially in the northern half.

But honestly unless you're farming gold chips or killing superbosses or doing the various quests, there's no real reason to be there that I can think of. Oh, and you farm food for the final stage of growth for the Gormott Ardun at the collection point right at the Leaning Tower fast travel point.

Edit: I keep thinking of more poo poo. There's a couple unique monsters for Zenobia as well. Honestly I never went there between main story trip there and finishing the main story, but I've spent a poo poo ton of time there doing random poo poo since I finished main story. I hate it less than I hate (Chapter 7 spoiler I guess) Cliffs of Morytha because there's no fast travel points near the monsters I had to farm for Pyra/Mythra affinity and it's really annoying to travel around that mid section with the cave and the levels and the monsters there tend to drop their poo poo off into the void when you kill them unless you can lure them onto a wide area and hope that your party doesn't shove them back off the edge of the cliff :mad:

ssb fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 23, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

THE loving MOON posted:

What does your quest log say? Does it just say 'Go to Mor Ardain' or whatever?

'Go to the Capitol of Mor Adain to find a ship to Indelin Praetorium." Really at a loss, was having fun by not restarting after 15-20 hours fun.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

'Go to the Capitol of Mor Adain to find a ship to Indelin Praetorium." Really at a loss, was having fun by not restarting after 15-20 hours fun.

Wait, I thought you couldn't get to Mor Ardain. If your next stop is the Indoline Praetorium you should have plenty of waypoints in Mor Ardain.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did you press X on the quick travel map screen?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Zopotantor posted:

(Orb Master)

I just got my first orb master blade (3*; I have almost no 4s). How do I actually use her? Does she need to do the combo, or will she add an orb when somebody else does one?

Nope. It works on anyone doing a special towards a combo. Her driver has to be using her though. If she's on cool down it doesn't apply.

It's hilariously broken.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently, as soon as I posted I tried googling the issue in another way. If the fast travel icon is off and you only have one location to fast travel to it's disabled.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently, as soon as I posted I tried googling the issue in another way. If the fast travel icon is off and you only have one location to fast travel to it's disabled.

Did you fast travel away from the boat en route to Indol?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Having just finished chapter 6, it will be a crime if there is not some dlc story where you get to play as the Torna crew or get them as blades. They all chew the scenery so much and it's great. It's really something when Malos looks like the normal guy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The dock you want is on top of the palace.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Crawfish posted:

How many rare blades do you have left? It took 700 cores for me to go from 5 left to 4 left.

Something like 1/3d of them unlocked I think.
Ok then, sounds like I just need to finish the game and put it behind me. I'm not wasting any more time on this horrible idea of a mechanic.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Is there any benefit to unlocking all of the cores? If not I'm really not going to shoot for it. Even if so, I'm not likely to try but I'm curious why everyone's upset at having to do it.

I don't feel like I've aimed to open a ton of them but I feel like I've had decent luck at getting some cool ones. Ursula's polar bear is pretty awesome.

vvvvvv That's good to hear. I haven't found any significantly fun side quests yet but I'll keep an eye out.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 23, 2018

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Sean posted:

Is there any benefit to unlocking all of the cores? If not I'm really not going to shoot for it. Even if so, I'm not likely to try but I'm curious why everyone's upset at having to do it.

I have enjoyed several of the rare blade side quests. They represent a not-insignificant amount of content in a video game I have purchased and enjoy playing.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

shortspecialbus posted:

Edit: You will use Temperantia for farming Gold Chips late or post-game.

Edit 2: There's a level 100 boss and a level 130 superboss there too.

Eh? What drops Gold Chips there? I've been farming Vampire Bride Marion for those, but if there's a better way to get them at end-game levels, I'm all ears.

Weighing in on how many Cores it took to get all the rare Blades... I honestly didn't keep track. I would pull Cores in spurts, not all at once. I never hit the cap on rando Blades, though. It didn't feel like THAT much once I was able to get 3 luck-boosting Blades on the same person. Even then, I got the last two on different folks with like... one luck-boosting Blade, and in fairly rapid succession to boot.

Still a lovely mechanic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Silver Falcon posted:

Eh? What drops Gold Chips there?

The level 60 flying fish things to the far south, which also drop orange hero vambraces (+60% damage to things higher level than you) and 0+ battle cubes (+50% exp from battle), which are both things that make farming them easier and better when you first get there.

I farmed them a whole lot when I was in the low 50s and it basically put the entire rest of the game on easy mode for me because I was just about level 60 when I stopped and I had gold chips on all my best blades :v:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is there a chart or something that rates blades?
I'm not gonna bother to "catch them all" so I just want to know which are the best from the ones I have.

Raimondo
Apr 29, 2010

Chernabog posted:

Is there a chart or something that rates blades?
I'm not gonna bother to "catch them all" so I just want to know which are the best from the ones I have.

I love arbitrary rankings done by people too, and on my quest I found this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J2x0OAxhOyxJexgT70igRCfgDTqa7cGFOo8lihUilMA/edit#gid=0

Spoilers obviously.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Edit: turns out most of my blades are crap.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 23, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really need KOS-MOS, she's like the only rare blade I don't have that's rated S on that chart. I use Sheba on Rex though.

edit: It doesn't matter, use your favorites.

edit2: About Sheba's Entitled Entourage skill- does it count Nia and 4, or only female blades on the field?

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 23, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Isn’t Sheba on Rex weaker because he prefers str? Also I have some ether cannons on him and the move set is eh

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Isn’t Sheba on Rex weaker because he prefers str? Also I have some ether cannons on him and the move set is eh

Yeah a bunch of reasons

1. Rex has more Str than Ether
2. Rex is the only character stuck with a blade in the endgame, and she's str-based
3. Rex's Ether Cannon moveset is dogshit compared to Nia and 5's

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was using Azami on Rex for a while before Switching her off to Nia and picking up Sheba on Rex. I already have Zenobia on Rex, so Sheba is mostly for synergy with Drommarch. Also the entorage damage+ loincloth makes up for the lost damage. It's not optimal, but you don't really need to be.

edit: Hmmm, maybe I'll move stuff around a bit. I like having an Ether Cannon on hand for flying enemies or whatever.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 23, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE loving MOON posted:

I was using Azami on Rex for a while before Switching her off to Nia and picking up Sheba on Rex. I already have Zenobia on Rex, so Sheba is mostly for synergy with Drommarch. Also the entorage damage+ loincloth makes up for the lost damage. It's not optimal, but you don't really need to be.

edit: Hmmm, maybe I'll move stuff around a bit. I like having an Ether Cannon on hand for flying enemies or whatever.

I think the loincloth is an additive increase instead of multiplicative like other accessories so there are probably way better things to use in that slot

e: just in case, an example of what I mean, I'll use a 300% damage boost with another 50% boost

Additive: 300% + 50% would be a 350% damage increase, so a 1000 damage base attack would get a 3500 increase, to 4500 total.

Multiplicative: 300% * 50% more is a 450% damage increase (50% of 300 is 150), so a 1000 damage base attack would get an increase of 4500, to 5500 total.

1000 damage may not seem like that much of a difference, but now pretend you're stacking a bunch of multiplicative bonuses, and that your base for the attack is like 50k.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 23, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I think the loincloth is an additive increase instead of multiplicative like other accessories so there are probably way better things to use in that slot

e: just in case, an example of what I mean, I'll use a 300% damage boost with another 50% boost

Additive: 300% + 50% would be a 350% damage increase, so a 1000 damage base attack would get a 3500 increase, to 4500 total.

Multiplicative: 300% * 50% more is a 450% damage increase (50% of 300 is 150), so a 1000 damage base attack would get an increase of 4500, to 5500 total.

1000 damage may not seem like that much of a difference, but now pretend you're stacking a bunch of multiplicative bonuses, and that your base for the attack is like 50k.

ffffffffffff okay. Yeah that is pretty significant. I'm still gonna use Sheba on Rex mostly, but when I get start getting more into fighting superbosses instead of cleaning up sidequests I'll take a look at a more efficient set up. Until then I need to fill out the affinity charts of all the blades I'm using anyway.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The downside to all that is I actually have no idea which accessories/cores work which way because the only damage increasing accessory I use is the oddly named World Tree Drop and I have not put in the effort to optimize my cores yet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

CHP 7?8? spoilers Seems Pneuma is actually Awakened Pyra. Also it gives double item drop.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

Eh? What drops Gold Chips there? I've been farming Vampire Bride Marion for those, but if there's a better way to get them at end-game levels, I'm all ears.

IcePhoenix posted:

The level 60 flying fish things to the far south, which also drop orange hero vambraces (+60% damage to things higher level than you) and 0+ battle cubes (+50% exp from battle), which are both things that make farming them easier and better when you first get there.

I farmed them a whole lot when I was in the low 50s and it basically put the entire rest of the game on easy mode for me because I was just about level 60 when I stopped and I had gold chips on all my best blades :v:

Yes, that. There are 3 of them (I think, might be a 4th I haven't found) that you can get each trip. Fast travel to the Ardanian Garrison, run straight south to the big rock in the water and one will appear just to the left of it. Kill it, then turn left (so the water is on your right) and run to the end of the water. There will be one there - kill it. Then turn around, and run about 20 yards - one will have popped out of the water when you ran by, just short of the one you just killed. For all of them, lure them away from the cloud sea so that they don't drop poo poo into it. Rinse/repeat as necessary.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zore posted:

Remember total population is absurdly low, like a couple hundred thousand people at most. It comes up in a few H2Hs.

And even then we're split between normal humans, Indolians (who live for centuries) and Gormotti (cat people).

It actually seems kinda crazy that such a small population could develop the technology and what have you of a country like Mor Ardain.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

It actually seems kinda crazy that such a small population could develop the technology and what have you of a country like Mor Ardain.

They actually call that out in npc convo. The technology of Mor Ardain is completely stagnant. Unchanged for 500 years.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Ok I just did Kora's sidequest finally and it's absolutely stupid hilarious. A++ would watch again.

I would recommend holding off on it until you have all 5 blades with the "Girl Talk" power (Mythra, Sheba, Praxis, Vale, Kora), with at least 12 points in it so that you get all the characters and dialogue that you can get. It's so monumentally stupid, I love it.

Plus Kora's heart to heart and sidequest has a surprisingly direct take on homosexuality that I wouldn't have expected in a Nintendo game in that it's quite clear about it yet nobody gives a poo poo. (Heart to Heart, if Kora has a female driver, all the female blades get all giddy and hopeful that Morag has a crush on them, and in the "quest', it outright says that Sheba is only into girls.) Kinda surprised me, good for them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's gay characters in fire emblem, but no one would know because the english translation basically removed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sometimes enemies seem to drop items without dying first, what's doing this? A smash combo?