Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Judging from impression videos I feel like 21 is going to be A Problem

I wonder if we'll see people build teams just to keep the Vegeta specials away from her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Does anything not have that option anymore?

What game has all of those options in the menu?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

character changes i've seen a fair bit of but i've never seen stange changes in menu before

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Would this be a bad intro to fighting games cuz I want it super saiyan badly.

EDIT: I mean bad as in too hard for a new scrub.
This is probably the most accessible fighting game of this generation. Execution is relatively easy in this game, plus there'll be a huge number of other beginners to play against online. When you play against people you're going to lose a lot, which is something that everyone goes through. The important thing is not to beat yourself up for losing or making mistakes. Just concentrate on learning and practicing the basics (there'll be guides and tutorials in the next few days) and you'll gradually get better and win more.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The trials are really really disappointing even coming in expecting really basic stuff. They went super super basic to the point there's not even one Actual Combo you'd do. Hopefully they add Advanced Trials or something at some point, but I think it's not good to not have at least some meat in that area.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Blockhouse posted:

Judging from impression videos I feel like 21 is going to be A Problem

I wonder if we'll see people build teams just to keep the Vegeta specials away from her

i'm really curious to know if her generic ball projectile special can be dashed through or not. If it can then she'll probably have the worst assist in the whole game and she'll likely struggle against projectiles in matchups where she can't steal a beam or something.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The trials are really really disappointing even coming in expecting really basic stuff. They went super super basic to the point there's not even one Actual Combo you'd do. Hopefully they add Advanced Trials or something at some point, but I think it's not good to not have at least some meat in that area.

That just means autocombos are the correct way to play the game. Manual combos are cheating.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do the trials at least cover attacking as a team with like using assists to combo or tagging to continue a combo?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Chaotic Flame posted:

What game has all of those options in the menu?

Music is the outlier but character/stage/options is pretty regular, especially for arcsys.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my suspicion is that the trials are super basic to avoid scaring noobies. While we'll all be using assist calls and doing other dumb poo poo in a week tops.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I still don't know what to buy this on in all honesty, PS4 or PC.

If this is anything like other Arcsys games (Guilty Gear and Blazblue) apparently Lobbies are more the norm on PC and ranked on console.

So probably PC, right?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Count Bleck posted:

I still don't know what to buy this on in all honesty, PS4 or PC.

If this is anything like other Arcsys games (Guilty Gear and Blazblue) apparently Lobbies are more the norm on PC and ranked on console.

So probably PC, right?

Both

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
wasn't ranked as unpopular as it was in Xrd because it was horrifically broken at release and they didn't fix it until it was too late

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

switching controllers when players change has always been a huge pain in the dick for me when playing on pc, everything else about playing pc is better

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

So do I play this with a 360 or Switch pro controller? I can't wait til Friday goddamn

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Alan_Shore posted:

So do I play this with a 360 or Switch pro controller? I can't wait til Friday goddamn

either controller would work well if you prefer pad controllers imo

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Maximillian is streaming the full roster if you can't wait till Friday

https://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Would this be a bad intro to fighting games cuz I want it super saiyan badly.

EDIT: I mean bad as in too hard for a new scrub.

Every fighting game I've treated like Street Fighter 2 for the past 25 years, and this seems real easy to learn. We'll both probably get our asses kicked by try hards, but we're going to have a lot of fun.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

The 360 controller has a one of the shittiest dpads known to man

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Arzachel posted:

The 360 controller has a one of the shittiest dpads known to man

switch pro's dpad is honestly right there with the 360's

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

If anyone uses the krillin alt avatar in my lobbies i'm banning them

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Will there be Goon tournaments? Can there be such a thing?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

No it's impossible

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Alan_Shore posted:

The Tenkaichi Goonokai

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it has to be goonkaichi budokai

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The lobby/room name has to be Gooniverse 7 or The Ningoons

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Dragoon Ballz

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
how do you pronounce the title of this game if you say it not as an acronym by the way

dragon ball figher z or dragon ball fighterz

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
They've been saying Fighters on all the official streams in both languages

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kurtofan posted:

Dragoon Ballz

Galick Goons.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gooniest Under the Heavens

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Home For Infinite Losers

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Home For Infinite Losers

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Home For Infinite Losers

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Home For Infinite Losers

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Home For Infinite Losers

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
So wait, what exactly does the FighterZ edition do? Can you not unlock the other characters in it normally? Do you seriously have to pay $95 for this poo poo just to not miss like half the roster? rip

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Home For Infinite Losers

Winner

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Home For Infinite Losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Akumos posted:

So wait, what exactly does the FighterZ edition do? Can you not unlock the other characters in it normally? Do you seriously have to pay $95 for this poo poo just to not miss like half the roster? rip

yes