Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Just finished " We need to talk about Alan". By Alan Partridge . It's pretty much how I imagine Derek's book, every chapter ends with The quote " Needless to say, I had the last laugh ".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I just want y'all to know that cat's leave the most adorable paw prints in the cold depths of space in snow

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

SomethingJones posted:

He has his hood up, therefore he is cold, therefore this is an Austin Dev
That doesn't make sense: I don't believe turbulent has an office in Austin, do they?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm glad to see that the Willy Wonka haircut is real and not some artifact of a terrible fever dream.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Mr. Despair posted:

I just want y'all to know that cat's leave the most adorable paw prints in the cold depths of space in snow

Jelly bean tracks! :3: ...I have an adventure kitty too and have the same harness

Those harnesses are kinda dangerous in their stock configuration like in that pic. Put a small binder clip between the d-rings and cut the stupid rubber grommet thing off, it still allows adjustment but holds it with enough tension and now I can use it to walk my cat otherwise sketchy places cause he can't wriggle out of it if he panics.

Like this:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

While I understand and agree with your point, claiming that Chris had an idea is a little generous. He had an inkling, at best a notion.

Yeah; seeing a bunch of old game developers getting crowdfunding to reboot beloved titles from the '80s and '90s and thinking, "Hey, I made games back then, too, and I also like money!" isn't much of a brainstorm. That's more chutzpah than anything else; possibly borderline delusional, given how badly he hosed up at Digital Anvil.

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

All that talk about how to spawn ships at Parp Olisar reminds me, didn't they also state that the hangar module will be integrated to the PU? So that you'd launch in your chariot from the hangar out into the 'verse?
Didn't people pay real $$$ for fancy hangars? It has been awfully quiet about that, same for the social module.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Why in the gently caress did crytek agree to give crobberts a special deal on licensing fees? He had nothing to show, no proof of concept, so what made them think that star citizen would be such a blockbuster that they needed to be involved?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Who the gently caress walks a cat

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

Just finished " We need to talk about Alan". By Alan Partridge . It's pretty much how I imagine Derek's book, every chapter ends with The quote " Needless to say, I had the last laugh ".

:lol:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not only walk him, take him on road trips and hikes and poo poo... he loves it :v:

Cats that are into it own

http://www.adventurecats.org/

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As soon as my long-gone cat touched the harness, she would go completely limp and refuse to move a muscle until that poo poo was out of sight. Adventure cat she was not.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I know that many here think that these tweets are from an intern and not sandi, but see how they are impersonal, soulless, forgettable, boring ? It fits her style really well.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

I wonder if the leaderboards are bugged somehow, because the latest usage numbers are disastrous.

Star Marine average concurrent users: 9.8
Arena Commander average concurrent users: 7.8
Murray Cup average concurrent users: 2.5

Total for all EA modes: 20.0

That is lower than the end of 2.6.3 while 3.0 was in PTU, and represents a roughly 50% drop from the numbers at the start of 3.0 live.

This report covers the 6 days from Jan 13 to Jan 19.

Numbers are now in from Jan 19-Jan 23, a period which includes the weekend...

SM (aka BDSSFPSE): 8.0
AC (aka BDSDFSE): 6.9
Race (aka BDSRSE): 2.5

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Thoatse posted:

Not only walk him, take him on road trips and hikes and poo poo... he loves it :v:

Cats that are into it own

http://www.adventurecats.org/

Thanks for this, I've been mourning my recently deceased kitty and your kitty posts make me a bit more :unsmith: and feeling like I could get a new kitty sometime this year.

Even seasoned adventurecats just nope with water.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Thanks for this, I've been mourning my recently deceased kitty and your kitty posts make me a bit more :unsmith: and feeling like I could get a new kitty sometime this year.

I can only say: do it! Not only do you get a new catte-friend, but it also helps dealing with the loss, imo. I know that it feels "wrong", because one thinks it's a betrayal to the old friend and that people fear to "forget" their old friend over the newfound joy with the new catte, but my experience is that this doesn't happen. It's more like you'll tell your new catte-friend all the time of it's great predecessor.

I helped me tremendously after my first cat ate rat poison when she was ten and died in my arms on the way to the vet. I felt awful for weeks, and didn't want another cat, but one day, a friend called and told me there is a small orange feline fellow who doesn't get fed by his mother and is close to dying, so I got that little worm and I don't know if a single week passed since then where I didn't tell him about his awesome "mother" and how she only made half the mess he does etc.

He's now 14, so all is well :)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I did, without a harness for years late at night when ever I wanted to go out and smoke a joint.

I once got stop by the police who asked me what I was doing "walking my cat" which was up somebody's drive and could not be seen, I said.

Policemen ask me a few more questions and then started telling me things about where I lived... I was all WTF, how do they know that, cops must have a master computer that knows all!

Turns out he was our new neighbour who moved in 2 weeks earlier. He obviously knew I smoke weed because I would sometime smoke in the bake yard.

Anyway, walking cats is good.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh yeah one of our cats follows us when we walk the dog or go for runs and that's fine, but a cat on a leash is just weird as gently caress.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

boviscopophobic posted:

Numbers are now in from Jan 19-Jan 23, a period which includes the weekend...

SM (aka BDSSFPSE): 8.0
AC (aka BDSDFSE): 6.9
Race (aka BDSRSE): 2.5

One wonders if these numbers are even valid.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Virtual Captain posted:

I found a little more time:

amazing

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Oh yeah one of our cats follows us when we walk the dog or go for runs and that's fine, but a cat on a leash is just weird as gently caress.

Really weird.
I think if I tried to put a harness on either of my cats they'd get a bit bitey...

My cats just use the cat flap and walk themselves. :)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Codezombie posted:

Really weird.
I think if I tried to put a harness on either of my cats they'd get a bit bitey...

My cats just use the cat flap and walk themselves. :)

When I got my very first catte, it was from someone who found it in their garage one day, and it refused to leave. Also wasn't listed as "missing". It was an old couple, very nice people, who couldn't care for it due to a) having a dog b) beeing allergic to cattes.

The day I got there to pick it up, the old lady showered me with plenty of stuff she bought for the cat....food, toys, and of course a harness with a leash. "Please take good care of that little thing, and only walk it with the leash, the world is dangerous", she said. It really was a lovely old couple.

I tried putting that harness on once, I lost about half a liter of blood. From that day on, the harness was put on the cat-tree, dangling down, and the cat played the poo poo out of it....

that's my story

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

tuo posted:

When I got my very first catte, it was from someone who found it in their garage one day, and it refused to leave. Also wasn't listed as "missing". It was an old couple, very nice people, who couldn't care for it due to a) having a dog b) beeing allergic to cattes.

The day I got there to pick it up, the old lady showered me with plenty of stuff she bought for the cat....food, toys, and of course a harness with a leash. "Please take good care of that little thing, and only walk it with the leash, the world is dangerous", she said. It really was a lovely old couple.

I tried putting that harness on once, I lost about half a liter of blood. From that day on, the harness was put on the cat-tree, dangling down, and the cat played the poo poo out of it....

that's my story

We rescued our current pair of little monsters from a rescue centre that my wife likes to call Pawshank.

Pyewacket and Hemlock...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
In your face goonie cuniflas :v:

"At face value, it's difficult to describe this whole situation as something other than Crytek's legal team stepping directly into a bucket of poo poo, comically hopping up and down while shaking its fist for a moment, and then simply falling over backwards. I'm hard-pressed to think of a bigger loser of a suit than this, assuming CIG's documentation is correct."

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...it-doesnt.shtml

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I think if we put a harness on one of our cats, we'd be arrested for possession of a deadly weapon... Our black cat won't even tolerate being picked up without going full beserker mode Wolverine.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
It Kind Of Looks Like Crytek Sued Star Citizen Developer By Pretending Its Engine License Says Something It Doesn't
"At face value, it's difficult to describe this whole situation as something other than Crytek's legal team stepping directly into a bucket of poo poo, comically hopping up and down while shaking its fist for a moment, and then simply falling over backwards. I'm hard-pressed to think of a bigger loser of a suit than this, assuming CIG's documentation is correct."

:allears::allears::allears::allears:

edit: beaten hard

get out of my head his nibs

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Xaerael posted:

I think if we put a harness on one of our cats, we'd be arrested for possession of a deadly weapon... Our black cat won't even tolerate being picked up without going full beserker mode Wolverine.

Yes, that's a perfect description of what my cat was like when I tried to put it on. It's like Blanka learned Chun Li's Hyakuretsu Kyaku at max turbo-settings.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
geez, I wonder why a lawyer would word an agreement in a way that would make it maybe not hold up later down the track?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Kosumo posted:

Turns out he was our new neighbour who moved in 2 weeks earlier. He obviously knew I smoke weed because I would sometime smoke in the bake yard.

noice

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Not quite as weird as house cats that never get let out.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

get out of my head his nibs

~~it's like I'm wearing nothin at all, nothin at all, nothin at all~~

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Great book,the entire chapter devoted to the differences between analogue radio vs digital radio sounds exactly like the kind of boring poo poo derek would think is needed in all of his posts.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 23, 2018

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

his nibs posted:

In your face goonie cuniflas :v:

"At face value, it's difficult to describe this whole situation as something other than Crytek's legal team stepping directly into a bucket of poo poo, comically hopping up and down while shaking its fist for a moment, and then simply falling over backwards. I'm hard-pressed to think of a bigger loser of a suit than this, [b[assuming CIG's documentation is correct[/b]."

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...it-doesnt.shtml
"I think the prosecution are insane to pursue this case. Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are clearly innocent, assuming their testimony is correct."

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sunswipe posted:

"I think the prosecution are insane to pursue this case. Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are clearly innocent, assuming their testimony is correct."

Oh manchester,so much to answer for..... not at least having chris walking around it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

We put a harness on Biscuit and take her outside sometimes, because she gets super jealous when Kayak gets to go out.

But I'd be worried about just letting her go outside on her own because she's an idiot who would almost immediately get killed by something.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/feedback-survey-ship-balance-in-combat-scenarios-1/906101

:lol:

Only one answer allowed. That's how this works.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 23, 2018

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Okay, we know the netcode is absolute dogshit, the FPS is frequently at 5 and refuses to budge upwards from it and the jank is intolerable, but let's put that aside, shall we? How's the balance? :downs:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh man. This trial is going to force Sandi to reveal her "degrees" and it is going to be riot!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

SomethingJones posted:

quote:

So I mean it's good because we don't, we don't WASTE like final art or anything like that, we just, you know EXPAND UPON this thing until we've got... until we KNOW all the things that it needs to do, ehm... and then... and once we've got that we can build this thing PROPERLY, knowing all the pieces

Just loving wow.

Krycek posted:

Why in the gently caress did crytek agree to give crobberts a special deal on licensing fees? He had nothing to show, no proof of concept, so what made them think that star citizen would be such a blockbuster that they needed to be involved?

Desperation? Dream envy? Dehydration?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect.

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.