Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Squizzle posted:

check w yr interpetive authorities on the matter but as there was no cost to entry or loss and no element of chance, im hard pressed to call a sheep game "gambling"

Well, they won off the pure luck RNG option. I'd still say it's fine, but I Am Not A Religious Authority so if you're worried it wouldn't hurt to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I think the sheep game is a place where you test your skill with almost no luck involved. so it’s more like a blood sport than anything.

The Iron Llama
Mar 12, 2011

A genius billionaire playboy camelid.

Holy moly. I had completely forgotten about this game until I got home from work last night, and dashed off an entry in about five minutes. I might have even taken first if I'd gotten my supreme court case right, or remembered Tiffany existed.

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

My arbitrary choice for the last hat is: Hoot the Owl, because that was my favorite overall entry and they had some fun in the thread.
:boom:

quote:

Again, congratulations to all the winners and thanks everyone for playing! Winners, please either PM or email me where you want me to ship your hats. I've got work and two doctor's appointments tomorrow, but if anyone wants further information about the results or the final standings please let me know and I'll try to post more. I'll plan on shipping out the hats to everyone shortly, probably on Saturday.

I would totally want to see more results/breakdowns. Past sheep games had some build ups by revealing all the answers.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
trump is a vain braggart who constantly antagonizes the people around him but also desperately needs their approval. everything he does is for optics. to make everyone else see how great he is.

trump is Kahn

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Can you do a question by question tally of answers? Other sheep games usually do this and it's fun seeing the breakdowns, plus the joke responses.

Thanks again for running this pancakes.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Reality Loser posted:

Can you do a question by question tally of answers? Other sheep games usually do this and it's fun seeing the breakdowns, plus the joke responses.

Thanks again for running this pancakes.

I’ll plan on doing this or something like it, sure. One caveat: I think even I forgot that Roberts exists. We may have only named 8 SCOTUS Justices. I’ll have to wait until I get home tonight to check.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Chief Justice WHO?

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Squizzle posted:

check w yr interpetive authorities on the matter but as there was no cost to entry or loss and no element of chance, im hard pressed to call a sheep game "gambling"

I'm bad at jokes. There is no god

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Pancakes posted:

1. Jefferson Davis, from Meatbag Esq.

This is my favorite back pocket sheep game answer for anything US president.

Pancakes posted:

15. "Mooch in a Sonic the Hedgehog Fursuit".

:furcry:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pancakes posted:

8. Todd from Achewood, from Mayor Dave

this should have been my answer sorry mayo rdave i left you shy another point, although Todd is WAY cooler than trump

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

are you not going to post the big list of what everybody answered because that's 90% of the appeal of these games

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

redneck nazgul posted:

are you not going to post the big list of what everybody answered because that's 90% of the appeal of these games

I am, I just have a doctor’s appointment I’m going to right now.

Pancakes posted:

I’ll plan on doing this or something like it, sure. One caveat: I think even I forgot that Roberts exists. We may have only named 8 SCOTUS Justices. I’ll have to wait until I get home tonight to check.

:colbert:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I'm bad at jokes. There is no god

lol

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

am i

am i on drugs?

did reality shift out from under me?

i could swear these hats always read "PEE TAPE // IS REAL"

but an nth look at the picture has it that they surely ready "PISS"

:ohdear:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The hats say "piss tape", Winston. The hats have always said "piss tape."

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Picard voice] there are 4 piss tapes

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Alright, let's have some final standings and hypotheticals:

103 - The Agronox
97 - The Iron Llama
87 - PostNouveau
86 - Grizzled Patriarch
83 - BrianBoitano
81 - World War Mammories
78 - Brigadier Sockface
73 - Misogynice Job!
72 - Shear Modulus
71 - Chokes McGee
71 - tubamortis
70 - Saladin Rising
70 - Pikavangelist
64 - C. Everett Koop
60 - Maxwells Demon
58 - Mayor Dave
57 - Sundae
50 - Billzasilver
49 - Reality Loser
47 - best giraffe
46 - blankets
44 - Comrayn
40 - El Mero Mero
37 - mao zedong thot
36 - Ol Standard Retard
29 - True Blue Triumph*
15 - Selious
9 - BrownieMinusEye
8 - Meatbag Esq.
8 - Hoot the Owl
7 - Yossarian-22
5 - Panic! at Nabisco
4 - redneck nazgul
3 - Crazycryodude
1 - Serfer*

* Did not qualify for Shooting the Moon.

The Iron Llama posted:

Holy moly. I had completely forgotten about this game until I got home from work last night, and dashed off an entry in about five minutes. I might have even taken first if I'd gotten my supreme court case right, or remembered Tiffany existed.

I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

Interesting question. What would it have taken for someone other than The Agronox to win? I'll assume no changes to Agronox's ballot.
If The Iron Llama had picked Jackie Robinson they would have won. Picking Tiffany rather than Barron wouldn't have done it, they'd have still lost, just by 3 points rather than 6.
If PostNouveau had picked Phantom Menace and Duterte they'd have won by 1 point.
If Grizzled Patriarch had picked California and Brown v. Board they'd have won by 1 point.
BrianBoitano would have come in 3rd place if they'd only picked Scalia's dissent in Obergefell. That plus FDR would have won.

Who can Crazycryodude thank for their Shooting the Moon? Yossarian-22 and Maxwells Demon pushed redneck nazgul up over the edge with their answers of Ivanka Trump.

The most uniform answer at the top of the standings was RBG. You have to go down 9 entries before you find someone who didn't have her, then another 6 for the next one. Both of those non-RBG entries are for Sotomayor.
I was really shocked that The Agronox won without Scalia's dissent in Obergefell. That seemed like a really strong early contender for the most disproportionately-scoring answer.
Blue states dominate the top of the standings, with the first answer that isn't a blue state coming 19 slots down with an alternate reality, still before any red state.

For those curious, a dozen custom PISS TAPE IS REAL hats will run you about $300 at Custom Ink, including tax and shipping. Like I said, I had too much time and money on my hands.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
And in a separate post, answer popularity for select questions. Other questions to follow, I mostly just don't want to hunt down the Tweet links tonight and want to have some content to go along with the Tweets later on. I'll probably get at least most of the remaining stats done tomorrow.

1. Who is the best pre-Trump US President?
7 posters said FDR
5 posters said Trump
3 posters said William Henry Harrison
3 posters said LBJ
2 posters said Taft
2 posters said Millard Filmore
2 posters said Lincoln
Benjamin Harrison, George Bush, John Tyler, William McKinley, Bill Clinton, James Monroe, Teddy Roosevelt, Barack Obama, Jefferson Davis, George Washington, the President from "24" and Ed Balls all received one vote.

2. What is the best non-US country in the world currently recognized by the UN as of 1/12/2018?
6 posters said Canada
4 posters said Norway
2 posters said Russia
2 posters said Japan
2 posters said the USA
2 posters said Germany
2 posters said Israel
2 posters said Sweden
St. Vincent, Oman, France, South Korea, Seychelles, Kenya, The Holy See, Nauru, Kazakhstan, Australia, North Korea, Chad and Ed Balls all received one vote.

3. Who is the best justice currently sitting on the Supreme Court of the United States as of 1/12/2018?
15 people said RBG
5 people said Gorsuch
3 people said Breyer
3 people said Thomas
3 people said Sotomayor
2 people said Kagan
Alito, Kennedy, Zombie Scalia and Ed Balls all received one vote.
Everyone, myself included, forgot about Roberts.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
outstanding thanks lol confirmation i didnt really sync with the unironic answers

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I have a real knack for picking the second most popular answer sometimes

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

yossarian, maxwell's demon, you have made a powerful enemy this day

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Ol Standard Retard posted:

outstanding thanks lol confirmation i didnt really sync with the unironic answers

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Pancakes posted:

BrianBoitano would have come in 3rd place if they'd only picked Scalia's dissent in Obergefell. That plus FDR would have won.

You all may have won a hat but I learned something and that's the real prize

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Very surprised ironic answers like Thomas were not just far away number one in a c spam thread for piss tape hats.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pancakes posted:

And in a separate post, answer popularity for select questions. Other questions to follow, I mostly just don't want to hunt down the Tweet links tonight and want to have some content to go along with the Tweets later on. I'll probably get at least most of the remaining stats done tomorrow.

1. Who is the best pre-Trump US President?
7 posters said FDR
5 posters said Trump
3 posters said William Henry Harrison
3 posters said LBJ
2 posters said Taft
2 posters said Millard Filmore
2 posters said Lincoln
Benjamin Harrison, George Bush, John Tyler, William McKinley, Bill Clinton, James Monroe, Teddy Roosevelt, Barack Obama, Jefferson Davis, George Washington, the President from "24" and Ed Balls all received one vote.
This is fun because I put down a chareracture of Obama, which you lumped in with Obama, and still got zero points.

quote:

3. Who is the best justice currently sitting on the Supreme Court of the United States as of 1/12/2018?
15 people said RBG
5 people said Gorsuch
3 people said Breyer
3 people said Thomas
3 people said Sotomayor
2 people said Kagan
Alito, Kennedy, Zombie Scalia and Ed Balls all received one vote.
Everyone, myself included, forgot about Roberts.

I didn't vote for Alito! I voted for the Labradoodle playing Alito!

I actually said he was a poodle

HootTheOwl has issued a correction as of 17:08 on Jan 24, 2018

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

my dude I've been brainstorming some sort of gift in return so you better ship w/ a return address & also not not accept said gift

tyvm

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

What were the final standings for star wars and trump kids?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

did a lot better than I thought I would. congratulations to you lucky piss tape hat havers

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Answer popularity, part two:

4. What is the best majority opinion issued by the Supreme Court of the United States?
10 people said Brown v. Board
3 people said Dred Scott
2 people said Roe v. Wade
2 people said Loving v. Virginia
2 people said Plessy v. Ferguson
2 people said Marbury v. Madison
We had one vote apiece for Neal v. Delaware, Artuz v. Bennett, Lawrence v. Texas, Corn Products v. Commissioner, Nix v. Hedden (You misspelled this one, goon, and said "Haden". That's some tomato, er, egg on your face), I am the Beast, Inc. v. Michigan State Police, Rubin v. Coors, Hollister v. Benedict, One 1958 Plymouth Sedan v. Pennsylvania, Skinner v. Railway Lab, Obergefell v. Hodges and Ed Balls.
We also had one person submit the "I know it when I see it" case, which is actually a concurrence by Potter Stewart.
One person voted for Citizens United, but foolishly only voted one time. If you'd been clever enough to say that you were voting 30 different times for Citizens United via 30 different shell companies I probably would have awarded you the points, Comrayn.

5. What is the saltiest dissenting opinion issued by a justice of the Supreme Court of the United States?
14 people said Scalia in Obergefell
5 people said Scalia in Lawrence v. Texas
2 people said Scalia in PGA Tour
1 person said Scalia in Windsor
There was a theme with this question. Other dissents listed, all receiving one vote, were Strong in Neal v. Delaware, Thomas in Tharpe v. Sellers, Thomas in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants, RBG in Shelby County, Holmes in Myers, Harlan in Plessy v. Ferguson, Clark in Reid v. Covert and Butler in Samuels v. McCurdy.
We also had one vote apiece for International Salt Co v. US, Roe v. Wade and US v. Approximately 64,694 Pounds of Shark Fins, none of which are dissents.
Another person submitted Potter Stewart's "know it when I see it" for this answer which is, as stated, a concurrence.
Ed Balls also received one vote.

6. Who has been the best Pope in the history of the Catholic Church?
7 people voted for Francis
4 people voted for Formosus
4 people voted for Peter
2 people voted for Alexander VI
2 people voted for John Paul II
2 people voted for John XXIII
Anastasius IV, Fabian, Stephen VI, Agapetus II, Trump, Paul II, Sixtus, Lucius III, Urban II, Pius XXII, Jude Law, Ed Balls and Hitler all received one vote. There was also a vote for "All Popes Suck" which honestly, thanks to the Boston Globe, we already knew.
Sadly, no one voted for Celestine V, who was a crazy hermit who quit the papacy to go live in a cave. His successor feared having two living Popes was a threat to his power so he called for his arrest, which caused to Celestine to flee deeper into the mountains until he was eventually captured, imprisoned and died in a castle. Poor Hermit Pope just wanted to go back to his cave. :smith:

7. What is the best of the 50 United States of America?
12 people voted for California
3 people voted for Rhode Island
2 people voted for Oregon
2 people voted for Washington
2 people voted for New Jersey
2 people voted for New York
2 people voted for Hawaii
Delaware, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Massachusetts and Connecticut all received one vote. So did Puerto Rico, Canada, USA of America, Earth 3 and Ed Balls.
I always thought SA skewed Midwestern in its demographics but this question really went against that impression.

8. What comic book character is most similar to Trump?
6 people said Trump
2 people said MODOK
2 people said Red Skull
2 people said Dr. Doom
Dr. Soonpoon, Otto Octavius, Superboy Prime, Luanna, Batman, Grandpa Simpson, Kingpin, Booster Gold, Penguin, Garfield, Superman, KGBeast, Jughead, Ronald Reagan, Todd from Achewood, Edward Bear, Bouncing Boy (Or lad, whichever. Despite owning a copy of Adventure Comics 247 I don't know all my Legionnaires that well), Paste Pot Pete, Richie Rich, Ed Balls and the Smiler all got one vote.
Lex Luthor got only one vote despite literally being elected president after being an evil, bald billionaire in the comic books! How was Sundae the only one to vote for Luthor?
No one voted for Bill the Cat. Ack. Thppt.

9. Which of Trump's children is the best?
12 people voted for Tiffany. Well, actually 11 people voted for Tiffany and one voted for "The one who doesn't do anything", which I counted as Tiffany.
9 people voted for Barron.
3 people voted for Don Jr.
3 people voted for Ivanka
2 people voted for Eric
2 people submitted votes that I counted as equal: The ones swallowed by Melania and the aborted one we never hear about
Receiving one vote apiece were an illegitimate child in Eastern Europe, Ed Balls, r/TheDonald and Trump himself, acting as his own father like a story from Greek mythology.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Pancakes posted:

2 people submitted votes that I counted as equal: The ones swallowed by Melania

:chloe:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Pancakes posted:

9. Which of Trump's children is the best?
12 people voted for Tiffany. Well, actually 11 people voted for Tiffany and one voted for "The one who doesn't do anything", which I counted as Tiffany.
9 people voted for Barron.

:eyepop:

tiffany over barron??

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I don’t think midwestern goons would ever call any place in the Midwest the best

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Pancakes posted:

Answer popularity, part two:

4. What is the best majority opinion issued by the Supreme Court of the United States?
10 people said Brown v. Board
3 people said Dred Scott
2 people said Roe v. Wade
2 people said Loving v. Virginia
2 people said Plessy v. Ferguson
2 people said Marbury v. Madison
We had one vote apiece for Neal v. Delaware, Artuz v. Bennett, Lawrence v. Texas, Corn Products v. Commissioner, Nix v. Hedden (You misspelled this one, goon, and said "Haden". That's some tomato, er, egg on your face), I am the Beast, Inc. v. Michigan State Police, Rubin v. Coors, Hollister v. Benedict, One 1958 Plymouth Sedan v. Pennsylvania, Skinner v. Railway Lab, Obergefell v. Hodges and Ed Balls.
We also had one person submit the "I know it when I see it" case, which is actually a concurrence by Potter Stewart.
One person voted for Citizens United, but foolishly only voted one time. If you'd been clever enough to say that you were voting 30 different times for Citizens United via 30 different shell companies I probably would have awarded you the points, Comrayn.

if I were smart and/or funny I would have done that but well here we are

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I had actually considered Celestine but figured no one would remember him. (He was last in the news when Benedict retired.)

As it stands no one really remembered the one I picked either. But Vatican II was very important!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
We also had one vote apiece for International Salt Co v. US,

This is a great answer

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I don’t even know what a dissent is and I won’t learn lol

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Reality Loser posted:

We also had one vote apiece for International Salt Co v. US,

This is a great answer

It cost me the hat but dammit it's worth it if I made one goon crack a grin.

also it wasn't my idea, someone posted it itt and I went with it :ssh:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
No fans of The Young Pope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Pancakes posted:

6. Who has been the best Pope in the history of the Catholic Church?
7 people voted for Francis
4 people voted for Formosus
4 people voted for Peter
2 people voted for Alexander VI
2 people voted for John Paul II
2 people voted for John XXIII
Anastasius IV, Fabian, Stephen VI, Agapetus II, Trump, Paul II, Sixtus, Lucius III, Urban II, Pius XXII, Jude Law, Ed Balls and Hitler all received one vote. There was also a vote for "All Popes Suck" which honestly, thanks to the Boston Globe, we already knew.
Sadly, no one voted for Celestine V, who was a crazy hermit who quit the papacy to go live in a cave. His successor feared having two living Popes was a threat to his power so he called for his arrest, which caused to Celestine to flee deeper into the mountains until he was eventually captured, imprisoned and died in a castle. Poor Hermit Pope just wanted to go back to his cave. :smith:

I like how that works out to "four votes for the dead Pope in the Cadaver Synod, and one for the Pope who actually carried out the Cadaver Synod".

• Locked thread