Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

They've bonded as a team over Nail's love of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Bernier is on a massive hot streak and MacKinnon is realizing this is his team with Duchene gone. That plus it's been like, 10 of 13 home games. We're going on a long road series so I doubt it'll last.

Sorry for any typos, I'm posting with one hand.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Can anyone explain this to me? What happened? I know that Girard has been great and Johnson is having a career year so Colorado has 3 solid D, and they've got some young guys like Kerfoot and Rantanen having great seasons too, but how are they any good?

nathan mackinnon

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

glynnenstein posted:

My brother had a heart ablation for an arrhythmia. Two weeks seems a little short because they give you a ton of blood thinners and any chance for blunt trauma or cuts can kill you for a while after. My bro was off work for a month to be safe. The good news is that if it's successful you're completely normal with no restrictions and just a small chance that it can reoccur.
Nah they've come out with much better and less risky blood thinners in the past couple of years. He should have a long career as long as he doesn't get Malarchuked.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
How do these people get on TV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxr3W7sV9Es

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A very wide-angle lense.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How the heck are there 2 players named Sebastian Aho???

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Re: Avs:
https://twitter.com/TomGulittiNHL/status/955633310616702977

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

How the heck are there 2 players named Sebastian Aho???

Aho is apparently a very common surname in Finland.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

That's absurd. What a hot streak.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So excited to go see the Golden Knights play tomorrow. One of their top players has history with the Blue Jackets, right?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So apparently Matt Duchene was the problem in Colorado, and now that he's destroying Ottawa, Colorado is good now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wondered if there was something afoot when Ramage was traded for futures.

Zodijackylite posted:

CBJ's AHL affiliate has three goalies posting .888 .884 and .868 this season, with Korpisalo in the NHL now.

And Anton Forsberg (who was good in the AHL) was traded to Chicago in the Panarin deal.

Ciaphas posted:

So excited to go see the Golden Knights play tomorrow. One of their top players has history with the Blue Jackets, right?

William "Wild Bill" Karlsson looked like a serviceable bottom six guy in Columbus but has since gone supernova with VGK. Good on him.

Backstory there is they basically had the choice of protecting Karlsson or Josh Anderson and went with the latter, which wasn't a terrible decision then or now. I don't think anybody saw Karlsson exploding.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nick cousins had 2 goals and an assist and the coyotes have won 2 in a row

hifi posted:

im not gonna watch another coyotes game until they win 2 in a row. see you guys in 2020

only 9 days

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

what happened to Duchene? Did Roy destroy his confidence or something? Is he just supremely snake bitten this season?

It boggles the mind and as much as I am liking the resurgent Avs of late it doesn't feel as whole without him there :smith:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Aces High posted:

what happened to Duchene? Did Roy destroy his confidence or something? Is he just supremely snake bitten this season?

It boggles the mind and as much as I am liking the resurgent Avs of late it doesn't feel as whole without him there :smith:

no, he just sucks

At least Turris stopped being a point per game guy.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Avs are gonna have the best tiny man pairing in the league with Girard-Makar

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

The Dirty Burger posted:

The Avs are gonna have the best tiny man pairing in the league with Girard-Makar

:yeah: I'm so excited for Makar and Timmins, it's stupid. For a little bit before their contracts explode we might have

Barrie-Johnson
Makar-Girard
Timmins-Zadorov

That's a lot different than the past few seasons of Nick Holden: PKer extrodroniair.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hifi posted:

nick cousins had 2 goals and an assist and the coyotes have won 2 in a row

And the Habs are still utter loving garbage.

Aces High posted:

He did really well riding a team-wide hot streak in ?2013-2014?, then cratered as a result of playing too many minutes and having too many expectations on him as he was being overexposed in a seriously flawed team with a horrifically bad system.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Koopa Kid posted:

Matthews has a goal waived off by a questionable interference call:

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/955611996304695297

Matthews scores again minutes later, calls good goal:

https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/955613982013960192

Good thing I won't get to see this beefcake represent my country, yessir.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

yellowcar posted:

Aho is apparently a very common surname in Finland.

one is from finland and the other one is from sweden actually

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Same thing.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I知 going back to visit Detroit in March and I have two options for seeing a game in the new pizzarena: Capitals or Flyers. I知 leaning Flyers just because they will probably still be jockeying for a playoff position. Any counter arguments to this?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

i am the bird posted:

I’m going back to visit Detroit in March and I have two options for seeing a game in the new pizzarena: Capitals or Flyers. I’m leaning Flyers just because they will probably still be jockeying for a playoff position. Any counter arguments to this?

The Caps have Ovechkin

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

i am the bird posted:

I知 going back to visit Detroit in March and I have two options for seeing a game in the new pizzarena: Capitals or Flyers. I知 leaning Flyers just because they will probably still be jockeying for a playoff position. Any counter arguments to this?

Both Howard and Mrazek seem to always have insane games against Washington. So maybe if you want to see good goaltending choose the Caps. Flyers are probably more fun to watch at this point. Caps will be in lockdown playoff mode trying to win every game 2-1 by March.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Caps have Ovechkin

I should致e mentioned that I致e seen Ovie live before, but this is a good argument.

Slappy Pappy posted:

Both Howard and Mrazek seem to always have insane games against Washington. So maybe if you want to see good goaltending choose the Caps. Flyers are probably more fun to watch at this point. Caps will be in lockdown playoff mode trying to win every game 2-1 by March.

I知 expecting Detroit to lose by a lot either way.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

i am the bird posted:

"Deadline rental Mike Green sets up Ovie for his third goal of the night as he closes in on 50."

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man it is really something to win 10 games in a row and still be in 5th place

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

bewbies posted:

man it is really something to win 10 games in a row and still be in 5th place

The Flyers won 10 straight last year and ended the season in 6th in the Metro

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm pretty much resigned to the CBJ losing tonight because nobody wins in Vegas but drat if I'm not jealous of the large group of fans who traveled to the game. The preseason VGK game I went to in September was an absolute blast and I'd love to go to another game there (though, admittedly, it'd be even more fun if I were able to pull for VGK against another team and not worry about my primary team being involved).

ThinkTank posted:

The Flyers won 10 straight last year and ended the season in 6th in the Metro

Jackets won 16 goddamn games in a row and still finished 3rd.

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

a false posted:

Yup, and because of this, this photo from the 2014 U18 WJC is pretty great:

"TWO AHO ENTER, ONE AHO LEAVES"

larkko fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 23, 2018

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

a false posted:

The Swede's dad is from Finland

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

glynnenstein posted:

"Deadline rental Mike Green sets up Ovie for his third goal of the night as he closes in on 50."

I know this is a joke answer, but I have to serious reply. Failing an injury on the blue line, I have a hard time seeing that happen. I'm hoping GMBM is content to lose in the playoffs with the team we have versus losing minus a pick and a prospect.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

N: Leafs send Goat back to the Marlies where he belongs, call up Kasperi Kapanen

V: :getin: :byewhore:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

I know this is a joke answer, but I have to serious reply. Failing an injury on the blue line, I have a hard time seeing that happen. I'm hoping GMBM is content to lose in the playoffs with the team we have versus losing minus a pick and a prospect.

Disagree. Bowey isn't very good (but could improve) and Orpik is garbage (and getting worse) and they need help on the blue line ASAP. The Metro is also kinda weird this year with no clear favorite and Ovechkin/Backstrom are only getting older, so they need to give it another shot. Their glaring need is D so they should look to add. Maybe not a dude like Green but someone halfway decent.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Hey hey
Ho ho
Glen Gulutzan has got to die

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm starting to think that the Blackhawks have problems deeper than just Brent Seabrook and Lance Boulma. Which is bad, since I can't scapegoat a season on three players. :ohdear:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Disagree. Bowey isn't very good (but could improve) and Orpik is garbage (and getting worse) and they need help on the blue line ASAP. The Metro is also kinda weird this year with no clear favorite and Ovechkin/Backstrom are only getting older, so they need to give it another shot. Their glaring need is D so they should look to add. Maybe not a dude like Green but someone halfway decent.

I've thought for a year or so now that Tanev on the Caps makes a bunch of sense. He's the steady, dependable shutdown #2 they've lacked for years and keep throwing money at free agents to try and find. The Caps have a bunch of good young, moveable assets and probably less than 2 or 3 years left in their window. If I was Brian MacLellan, he'd probably be my #1 trade deadline target. Especially considering Benning is a dumbass who can get tricked into moving prime assets for guys he scouted 4 years ago that haven't panned out yet but totally will soon if they just have the chance I swear this time aka Tom Wilson.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Mind_Taker posted:

Who? How? With what? They've got like $1M in cap space and Grubauer is their only tradable guy unless you're willing to part with somebody like Vrana.

The team's on the downswing. Not the time to start jettisoning picks and prospects for the privilege of being steamrolled by Tampa or Boston.

ThinkTank posted:

I've thought for a year or so now that Tanev on the Caps makes a bunch of sense. He's the steady, dependable shutdown #2 they've lacked for years and keep throwing money at free agents to try and find. The Caps have a bunch of good young, moveable assets and probably less than 2 or 3 years left in their window. If I was Brian MacLellan, he'd probably be my #1 trade deadline target. Especially considering Benning is a dumbass who can get tricked into moving prime assets for guys he scouted 4 years ago that haven't panned out yet but totally will soon if they just have the chance I swear this time aka Tom Wilson.

Why do I feel like we'd end up with Gudbranson instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

Why do I feel like we'd end up with Gudbranson instead?

Playing 16 minutes a night and only costing a 3rd round pick, Gudbranson would be a fine pickup for a team looking for a stretch run #6. The issue that Canucks fans have with him is he cost a boat load to acquire, and has been at best an inconsistent 3rd pairing guy deployed like a #3 shutdown type. Couple that with the rumour that an extension is going to cost $5M or so per, and we want well rid of him.

He's not actually horrible, he's just your classic example of management expecting too much of a a fairly mediocre player simply because he was drafted high, has leadership qualities and is an objectively handsome dude. He was well liked in Florida because there wasn't anywhere near as much pressure on him and wasn't saddled with outlandish expectation by GMs heaping praise on his character and what have you while the team sucked and he sulked.

He's not good though, don't get me wrong.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 23, 2018

• Locked thread