Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

FYI Grand Tour this week has a well made non goofy segment about the 1983 Lancia WRC car/team

That was a really good segment although it neglected to highlight how much of a dick Rohrl is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Click here to see the latest War and Peace plot synopsis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fb2fKkueFE

Hell yes, excited to watch this

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

FYI Grand Tour this week has a well made non goofy segment about the 1983 Lancia WRC car/team

This is literally the only segment of Grand Tour I’ve ever watched, it was great.

1500quidporsche posted:

That was a really good segment although it neglected to highlight how much of a dick Rohrl is.

He seemed like a huge douche to me.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I'm starting to get the feeling the only reason Nando is driving in the 24 is so he can shill his lovely clothing.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

1500quidporsche posted:

He badmouthed the Finnish rally, every rally fan will instantly pick up that he's an idiot

Segment owned by the way, thanks for the heads up, thread.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

Click here to see the latest War and Peace plot synopsis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fb2fKkueFE

I like this review. I'm assuming the unnamed supermarket is T&T? They have some really good stuff in there, but I couldn't make out who actually produced it. Is it made in Canada?

The key system for opening it was rather novel.

Why did you choose to cook it as a brick rather than slice it, is that how SPAM is cooked as well?

This video made me want to try SPAM.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Yes but what is a slice? When you think about it that entire block is technically a slice.

And yeah I was talking about T&T. I should hit one up one of these days. Are the ones in Ontario exclusively used by Asians as well?

e: Also its made in manitoba. This is peeling back the curtain a bit but I did some research and there is quite a few luncheon meats using that exact same can so I think Maple Leaf or someone just has a ton of contracts to pump out luncheon meats.

Tony quidprano fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 21, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Really want a powerslice right now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

Yes but what is a slice? When you think about it that entire block is technically a slice.

And yeah I wasn't talking about T&T. I should hit one up one of these days. Are the ones in Ontario exclusively used by Asians as well?

e: Also its made in manitoba. This is peeling back the curtain a bit but I did some research and there is quite a few luncheon meats using that exact same can so I think Maple Leaf or someone just has a ton of contracts to pump out luncheon meats.

It looks like it should be sliced into maybe a half inch slice and grilled, like a flat sausage or something.

I've got a friend who works for maple leaf and often ends up in the peg, I can ask him if he knows anything :p

T&T is mostly asian here, despite the ones I've seen having been built in fairly split areas demographics wise.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

Really want a powerslice right now.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

MotoGP race is the perfect length of time for washing up 24 beer bottles. Yet another plus for the greatest motorsports series.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
How slow do you wash up?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

How slow do you wash up?

How much washing up do you think you can do without any washing up liquid?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#forzaferrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

How much washing up do you think you can do without any washing up liquid?

Washing bottles you could do with just very hot water and still take significantly less than 2 minutes per bottle

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

#forzaferrari

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Why are you washing beer bottles?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

To put beer in them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

1500quidporsche posted:

To put beer in them.

1500quid reviews one dollar 1500quid home made beer?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm watching Canada '82 again and Tyrrell has no sponsors at all. It's actually sort of impressive they were able to run as well as they did. Also RIP Paletti - that lovely Osella killed you.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
ferrari sucks

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:https://www.allenbergracingschools.com/

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dubs posted:

ferrari sucks

What the gently caress?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

"F1 technical regulations are split into 21 sections. As we go through those sections, we can see some of them aren't very relevant to the spectacle.”

Good old Liberty slashing regulations

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/future-shaped-three-performance-factors-998021/

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm watching Canada '82 again and Tyrrell has no sponsors at all. It's actually sort of impressive they were able to run as well as they did. Also RIP Paletti - that lovely Osella killed you.

They did at parts of the year, by coincidence the F1 car collection series did that car this week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

A new glorious era of loophole-exploiting is upon us :toot:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Reverse grids incoming

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

They did at parts of the year, by coincidence the F1 car collection series did that car this week.

Wait really? I’ve seen these around and have a couple. They’re not bad for the price. Odd choice for this week though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bring back unlimited testing

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

DoctorGonzo posted:

What the gently caress?

Best Avatar ever

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

For once, I agree with doc!

Or at least have it every second week or the off week(s) to races!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ferrari should be allowed to test 24/7 at Fiorano #forzaferrari

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

track day bro! posted:

Ferrari should be allowed to test 24/7 at Fiorano #forzaferrari

I absolutely agree.

Imagine giving them that much of an advantage; I can't wait to see how they manage to gently caress up and blow another championship opportunity. The comedy gold that would generate.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Unlimited testing, but only for Honda-McLaren, because it's ceased to be funny and now it's just frustrating and sad.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

PT6A posted:

Unlimited testing, but only for Honda-McLaren, because it's ceased to be funny and now it's just frustrating and sad.

Same, because it also ceased to exist

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

track day bro! posted:

Ferrari should be allowed to test 24/7 at Fiorano Sebring #forzaferrari

Fixed that for you.

(the car would never survive the first lap)

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see an F1 test session at sebring, aren't most LMP/GTE cars chassis essentially destroyed when they do the 12hrs because of how rough the track is

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Every F1 car would fall apart in a single lap at Sebring.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

Televise it and give us poo poo to do during the off-season

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If you think thread off season chat is bad, you should hear what I end up talking to my dad about when there's no F1 news. I literally had a 10 minute chat with him about the future of diesel. Testing can not come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

If you think thread off season chat is bad, you should hear what I end up talking to my dad about when there's no F1 news. I literally had a 10 minute chat with him about the future of diesel. Testing can not come soon enough.

You don't have to keep leaning in to that Av man.

• Locked thread