Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

If you think thread off season chat is bad, you should hear what I end up talking to my dad about when there's no F1 news. I literally had a 10 minute chat with him about the future of diesel. Testing can not come soon enough.

My dad talks about Trump and athletes kneeling during the national anthem, so uh, gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

My dad talks about Trump and athletes kneeling during the national anthem, so uh, gently caress you.

Oh my dad has lovely boomer opinions too, I just refuse to talk politics with him

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Boomers are very bad and the world will be better when they all die

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sorry that you guys inherited the bad opinion genes from your dads.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Me and my pops bottled my beer yesterday, watched a bit of Bad Boys, talked about brewing another batch, Corolla Maintenance procedures, me buying a Ducati and then ate some burgs. Sorry your families suck friends.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
My dad's fine most of the time and has all the correct F1 opinions at least.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
My dad's opinion is that Verstappen is a tiny bitch who should stop crying on the radio

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

track day bro! posted:

I'd love to see an F1 test session at sebring, aren't most LMP/GTE cars chassis essentially destroyed when they do the 12hrs because of how rough the track is

More or less. It's a great endurance race because if your car can't survive the shaker table in track form, how the gently caress do you expect it to survive Le Mans?

Though Porsche tested the new 911 RSR on it for 50 hours straight to make sure that thing can survive. And it passed.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

Though Porsche

I like how I already know the rest of this statement is going to be the most pedantic exercise in over-preperation known to mankind.

iospace posted:

tested the new 911 RSR on it for 50 hours straight to make sure that thing can survive. And it passed.

Good to know I was right.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It’s not Porsche, it’s sports-car racing. Endurance racing is a whole different thing.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

harperdc posted:

It’s not Porsche, it’s sports-car racing. Endurance racing is a whole different thing.

Like some teams will do "enough" for endurance. Some times they'll do "more than enough".

Porsche will find a way to do "far more than enough".

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Worth1000 passed yesterday.

RIP

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Wirth is, unfortunately, alive and well. And he still won't shut up about the plague upon humanity that is anime.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Wirth is, unfortunately, alive and well. And he still won't shut up about the plague upon humanity that is anime.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Wait really? I’ve seen these around and have a couple. They’re not bad for the price. Odd choice for this week though.

I think the line up is country specific but yes, I've already got the car if you want some good shots.

I've subscribed since episode 1, for 1/6th the price of Minichamps they're very good.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

I think the line up is country specific but yes, I've already got the car if you want some good shots.

I've subscribed since episode 1, for 1/6th the price of Minichamps they're very good.

If there’s ever anything Japanese market you need let me know.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Can't believe that liberty stole the F1 logo from anime. Hell, actually I can because anime is insanely win.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

McLaren added CNBC as a sponsor (sorry, Sauber).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Important information about the development of the new Scuderia Ferrari car:

https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/la-ferrari-ha-messo-a-dieta-la-power-unit-5.4824

1) They made a big effort to lighten the new power-unit. According to Turrini this was one of Mercedes advantages.

2) Looks like they reached their goal (about PU weight).

3) On the dyno they reached 1000hp.

4) According to Turrini Mercedes was already at 1000hp.

5) The current "conditions" (weight & power) are the ones that Ferrari was hoping to have at the end of summer 2017, but it didn't work out.

6) Windtunnel results are showing an important step forward, he says to take this with a pinch of salt though.

7) Only the first Barcelona tests will be able to confirm all this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wow. Sounds like another incredible car from the Scud Boys.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bold prediction: It sucks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

This is italics at best.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

TURN YOUR MONITOR

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
lol @ all the salty non-ferrari fans ITT #forzaferrari

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh neat maybe they can compete with Mercedes 2017 car now!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I checked and Ferrari has won GPs in every season since 1994 except one. That's a really good record, wow. Would hate to be a team not that consistently great.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini/la-ferrari-ha-messo-a-dieta-la-power-unit-5.4824

1) They made a big effort to lighten the new power-unit. According to Turrini this was one of Mercedes advantages.

5) The current "conditions" (weight & power) are the ones that Ferrari was hoping to have at the end of summer 2017, but it didn't work out.

6) Windtunnel results are showing an important step forward, he says to take this with a pinch of salt though.

I know they're trying to manage expectations but this is hardly getting me psyched for next season!

You can do better PR releases!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

DoctorGonzo posted:

Most of these will turn out to be exaggerations if not blatant lies. They will likely manage to make things worse, somehow, than the 2017 version.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I currently wish I had the weight and power I had last summer.

loving holiday time....

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So it's taken them a whole extra year to hit their target and Mercedes have improved as well in that time

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey guys maybe the Mercedes car will be bad too and we will have a competitive F1 season ha ha ha

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Personally I'm excited to see which not quite good enough team will finish third in the WCC

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Will Renault be the worst Renault team?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

tuo posted:

Will Renault be the worst Renault team?

Are you counting "Tag Heuer"? Red Bull finishing behind McLaren and Renault would please me

We still don't know what the actual name of Jordan DNA is going to be this season.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Feels Villeneuve posted:

More like Dud Boys

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Are you counting "Tag Heuer"? Red Bull finishing behind McLaren and Renault would please me

We still don't know what the actual name of Jordan DNA is going to be this season.

A company called Force Formula One Team Ltd is registered at their address, so it'll either be that or sticking with Force India.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

"The Force Formula 1 Team"... Disney title sponsor?

"This isn't the championship you're looking for", etc. Ready? Go!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

More like Dud Boys

??

It would be funny if Renault finish better than RBR and then they tell them to gently caress off

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The funniest outcome is Honda TR finishing above McLaren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

A company called Force Formula One Team Ltd is registered at their address, so it'll either be that or sticking with Force India.

I suppose just "Force" only sounds silly because I'm used to "Force India" now. Plenty of random one word teams in the past - Life, Shadow, Spirit, etc.

Worst outcome is Force [this is a cool spot] F1 Team

• Locked thread