Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Thermite still has frags in his situation :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I think that if they actually plan to have something like 100 operators eventually, this current model won't be sustainable without massive price restructuring. While not essential, the DLC operators offer some incredible options not given to base game ops, and the renown grind is pretty hefty unless you're playing a lot.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i'm sure they'll change it at some point. or they won't and this is an advanced French marketing strat (see: Nissan) to get people to even look at uPlay

also lol, the author is clearly a carebear writing filler content for their website. god forbid they have an actual audience to pander to.

i started playing siege well after launch and monetization/UI aside the tl;dr of this game is pick literally any operator you want and you'll be fine for casual play.

at its core it is a shooter. you can main anyone while clicking on the bad guys. there are even multiple operators for this barebones style of gameplay. if stepping on a frost trap makes your head spin by the overwhelming complexity of the Clancyverse then there are countless other FPS alternatives that have bulleted lists on their steam store page so can quickly deduce if it is the right cartoon videogame for you.

pretty sure ubisoft doesn't give a poo poo because word of mouth is likely selling this game more than a commercial featuring Idris Elba

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
patch notes, February 2022:

- We have listened to player feedback and reduced the price of Y1 DLC operators by about 2500 renown each.
- We have nerfed the New-Zealand attack operator by reducing the amount of homing bullets from 7 to 5. If this is not enough to lower his 99,9% pickrate we will consider alternatives, but we wanted to keep the essence of his kit where he should be able to take on five defenders at once better than other operators

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
What’s the best way to improve your aim?

I’ve got about 40 hours of casual but my kd is stubbornly stuck in the 0.45-0.5 range(worse in ranked) and feel like I can’t win any straight up gunfights. I have fairly good map knowledge except on theme park, because gently caress theme park. I’ve reduced mouse sensitivity significantly, and I’ve stopped dying to stupid things but just can’t seem to get kills. I’m ok at aiming in thunt because the terror are stupid and don’t aim, but I suck when they’re shooting back and moving around.

tomdidiot fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 23, 2018

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Practice on quick reaction times and don't dick around with the sensitivity too much. It's very much a "don't think; feel!" deal and in a superior game there would be a way to practice on moving targets, but alas. The best thing I can think of is running in thunt just sprinting around and practice flicking on their heads as fast as you can on pure reflexes. Just do that until you can reliably headshot them as soon as you sprint into a room. Just do the same map over and over again and try to speedrun it.

EDIT: my aim probably started improving when I grinded out renown back in the velvet shell days and just did house hostage thunt lone wolf for 3 hours a day and got bored so I tried to beat my own time with every run

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 23, 2018

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

tomdidiot posted:

I’ve got about 40 hours of casual but my kd is stubbornly stuck in the 0.45-0.5 range(worse in ranked) and feel like I can’t win any straight up gunfights. I have fairly good map knowledge except on theme park, because gently caress theme park. I’ve reduced mouse sensitivity significantly, and I’ve stopped dying to stupid things but just can’t seem to get kills. I’m ok at aiming in thunt because the terror are stupid and don’t aim, but I suck when they’re shooting back and moving around.

Play Ela, spray and pray.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Krogort posted:

gently caress that poo poo Ela don't need to pray you know the devil has her back

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

tomdidiot posted:

What's your DPI and in game sens? I play with 800 DPI and I don't have a huge pad but one big enough to aim with my arm instead of wrist. Right now I play with 800 DPI, 10 vert/10 hor and 65 ADS. It seems like you've already started aiming with your arm instead of your wrist, which is good, but I found I started getting more frags by increasing my ADS sensitivity to the 60-70 range.

When you're scanning a room's hiding spots hastily it's a lot easier, I used to have a lower ADS value and would have to lift my mouse up when "slicing the pie" in some situations. It's also easier to manage snapping and just accuracy in general. The ADS sensitivity is a multiplier of your hip-fire so changing the hip will adjust the ADS speed so keep that in mind.

But give a much higher ADS value a shot. Try thunt with 70 and only go for headshots. And pick a 3 speed. Next, dial it down to 65, then 60.

ALSO if you haven't already, if you just want to practice shooting and not a specific operator's gun, set your Terrorist Hunt matchmaking settings to Attack only. It's all killer no filler. It's also fun to play Hereford Base attack, and shoot every mannequin/dummy in the building in addition to the White Lotus guys or whatever for extra accuracy training. There's like 5 dummies in each room so yeah

Shoot them guns

e: my K/d isn't amazing, it's pretty much 1/1 (0.96 casual, 1.07 ranked)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

keyframe posted:

Anyone else had all their ops uniform/headgear and weapon skins reset to default since yesterdays maintenance?

I had this happen a couple months ago. I still haven't bothered putting everything back on all the ops because the UI is so bad.

I should mention it also removed all weapon attachments.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://streamable.com/5mibs

Pay 2 Win Sledge comes out on top yet again

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
So last night i owned both sides of the hostage huddle coin. In the first match that night I walked in and just plowed the hostage in the face with a full auto burst. Which while funny was very dumb of me.

Later on im playing a hostage match. Its 2 / 2 and half my team leaves when we lose the match before. So I snuggle up to the hostage and when the remaining five members of the other team rush the door i plug one, my buddy drops another and they retreat. But the buck thunks he knows where i am and throws a frag. Oh he knew. And my buddy gets to laugh as the hostage and I fly across the room and we win the game.

So let the lesson be dont shoot the hostage but feel free to snuggle them for a win.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Taking cover behind the hostage if possible is really good and dumb.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for invading europe euro goons.

(not sorry)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

algebra testes posted:

(not sorry)

Just you wait until we go all Blitzkrieg on your rear end.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Im not saying it was smart but i am saying it was super funny :downs:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

If people ever want a different experience in the game try playing a few rounds with an LMG. A bunch of operators have them and they're rarely used since you're less likely to get headshots but on the flipside you can chew through soft cover and also just spray through a window and hope you get a lucky kill, or at least get the window open safely without needing a breacher.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

We need an operator who can carry the hostage around like a tactical shield.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
It's so dumb that who wins when the hostage dies depends on who shot them. Just like in real life!

tjones
May 13, 2005

Colonel J posted:

It's so dumb that who wins when the hostage dies depends on who shot them. Just like in real life!

This seems fair. How would you do it?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

When hostage is killed Defendes Win, so that the defenders will kill it every time.
Or
When hostage is killed Attackers Win, so that the attackers will just snipe it with Glaz or Fuze it every time.
Or
When hostage is killed it's a Draw, so that when it's a 1v5 or whatever, the losing team can just kill the hostage to get out of a loss.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Running your drone around the hostage in prep phase if possible is really fun and dumb.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What im trying to say here is I really want to play more hostage.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Krogort posted:

Play Mira, aim through walls.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

ZeusCannon posted:

What im trying to say here is I really want to play more hostage.

Turn off secure and bomb in your matchmaking settings and enjoy Siege in its purest form. This won't work for groups but for solo queue its perfect.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

The Duggler posted:

Turn off secure and bomb in your matchmaking settings and enjoy Siege in its purest form. This won't work for groups but for solo queue its perfect.

300 hours in and I did not know this was an option :catstare:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
yeah i usually solo que hostage and bomb only

the container gamemode is practically the same except you can spam the obj with explosives which is kinda bullshit. its not like a hostage is gonna stop a fuze main from using his ability as danger close as possible

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I haven't played this in a long rear end time but someone got me a code for the year 3 season pass and so I'm starting again. It's still a ton of fun but there are so many new operators and maps. Are there any must have year 2 ops I should get? I always liked IQ, Twitch, Mute and Bandit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Popelmon posted:

I haven't played this in a long rear end time but someone got me a code for the year 3 season pass and so I'm starting again. It's still a ton of fun but there are so many new operators and maps. Are there any must have year 2 ops I should get? I always liked IQ, Twitch, Mute and Bandit.

Dokkaebi, Lesion, Jackal and Mira are fun but they aren't "must have" or anything.
Also Ela is cancer, so get that if you wanna be a part of the problem.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Mira is sorta must have, she totally transforms how some points can play out.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Jack Trades posted:

When hostage is killed Defendes Win, so that the defenders will kill it every time.
Or
When hostage is killed Attackers Win, so that the attackers will just snipe it with Glaz or Fuze it every time.
Or
When hostage is killed it's a Draw, so that when it's a 1v5 or whatever, the losing team can just kill the hostage to get out of a loss.

Or my fav, the Counterstrike* option: Hostage dies. Nobody cares. Round goes until one team is dead.

*CS may not be this way any more. I haven't played since the HL1 beta.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Jack Trades posted:

Dokkaebi, Lesion, Jackal and Mira are fun but they aren't "must have" or anything.
Also Ela is cancer, so get that if you wanna be a part of the problem.

Thanks! I bought Mira and the phone lady and they are both a ton of fun. Mira's windows already got me a few really neat kills. Now I just have to (re)learn a few good spots for my nitro to make them even better!

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I don't have a solution for the hostage thing. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me.

"Attackers killed the hostage, mission successful, let's all go home! " *high fives all around*

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

algebra testes posted:

(not sorry)

Speaking as a Eurogoon living in Australia, I was totally the most sorry. Totes.

“Thief” posted:

i'm sure they'll change it at some point. or they won't and this is an advanced French marketing strat (see: Nissan) to get people to even look at uPlay

Also what.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Colonel J posted:

I don't have a solution for the hostage thing. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me.

"Attackers killed the hostage, mission successful, let's all go home! " *high fives all around*

in Thunt you always lose regardless of who kills the hostage, because that's a "real" mission. Multiplayer pvp is rainbow six training together and they need to learn proper trigger discipline regardless of whether they're defending or extracting a hostage. :)

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Also what.

Renault owns Nissan.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Let me tell you guys a beautiful story straight from the copper mines:

It is yet another day in Copper solo que hell, with two teams both desperately trying to claw their way out of there. Today, it is time to battle in Oregon and try to secure the biohazard container. My team, the defense this round, sets up, and the attackers come in... and utterly break the defense, with one player on the other team killing almost everyone. "What just happened?" is a common sentiment in the team, but we just shrug it off as a bad round. Those happen. We attack, and almost the same thing happens - a single player kills most of our team, but a hero on our team takes them down, and we eventually manage to beat the rest of the opponents. We're looking at the top scorer on their team and their insane skills, and think he's a smurf or something. We decide to focus all our efforts each round on taking this guy down, and we manage to stay in the game, winning those rounds we can kill the topscorer, losing those rounds we can't.

Then the fifth round begins, with us setting up in the basement again, and the villain's cheats are revealed, as he obviously tracks players through walls. Perhaps he got careless, perhaps he got mad about getting one tap headshotted at the start of the last round, but whatever the reason, his cheating was getting more blatant. The hacker, however, had one fatal flaw - he still clearly belonged in the copper mines, as he had the awareness of a potato pretty much. He laser focused on one guy at a time, and this fatal weakness meant that someone who wasn't their target could usually surprise them and kill them. A miracle happened, deep in the darkness of the copper mines. The team without a hacker started communicating, calling out wherever the hacker was going, encouraging each other and in general working as an actual team. As the team actually worked as a team, every time the hacker fell, the rest of their team fell with him - as deep in the copper mines, most ignore their teammates at best, start infighting with them at worst. And in the end, the hacker made his final mistake, going after the player who had downed him last round with such fury that they forgot that the angle they were using to kill the poor man was in open view of several of defenders. They fell for the last time, and soon it was all over.

5-4, team without a hacker wins. The hardest goddamn game I've ever played. Also the most satisfying.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Deltasquid posted:

in Thunt you always lose regardless of who kills the hostage, because that's a "real" mission. Multiplayer pvp is rainbow six training together and they need to learn proper trigger discipline regardless of whether they're defending or extracting a hostage. :)

Ah yes I always forget that part. Now you made me angry, I had forgotten how careless terros are with the hostage in THunt.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh poo poo I forgot that shotguns are actually good in this game. And being able to punch huge holes into walls is a nice bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Let me tell you guys a beautiful story straight from the copper mines:

It is yet another day in Copper solo que hell, with two teams both desperately trying to claw their way out of there. Today, it is time to battle in Oregon and try to secure the biohazard container. My team, the defense this round, sets up, and the attackers come in... and utterly break the defense, with one player on the other team killing almost everyone. "What just happened?" is a common sentiment in the team, but we just shrug it off as a bad round. Those happen. We attack, and almost the same thing happens - a single player kills most of our team, but a hero on our team takes them down, and we eventually manage to beat the rest of the opponents. We're looking at the top scorer on their team and their insane skills, and think he's a smurf or something. We decide to focus all our efforts each round on taking this guy down, and we manage to stay in the game, winning those rounds we can kill the topscorer, losing those rounds we can't.

Then the fifth round begins, with us setting up in the basement again, and the villain's cheats are revealed, as he obviously tracks players through walls. Perhaps he got careless, perhaps he got mad about getting one tap headshotted at the start of the last round, but whatever the reason, his cheating was getting more blatant. The hacker, however, had one fatal flaw - he still clearly belonged in the copper mines, as he had the awareness of a potato pretty much. He laser focused on one guy at a time, and this fatal weakness meant that someone who wasn't their target could usually surprise them and kill them. A miracle happened, deep in the darkness of the copper mines. The team without a hacker started communicating, calling out wherever the hacker was going, encouraging each other and in general working as an actual team. As the team actually worked as a team, every time the hacker fell, the rest of their team fell with him - as deep in the copper mines, most ignore their teammates at best, start infighting with them at worst. And in the end, the hacker made his final mistake, going after the player who had downed him last round with such fury that they forgot that the angle they were using to kill the poor man was in open view of several of defenders. They fell for the last time, and soon it was all over.

5-4, team without a hacker wins. The hardest goddamn game I've ever played. Also the most satisfying.

:911: