Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I pay $8/gal for milk at the regular store, but Costco has 2 gallons for the same price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

goddamn 8 dollars a gallon for milk

if you eat a bowl of cereal you're like a baller

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

First of May posted:

I pay $8/gal for milk at the regular store, but Costco has 2 gallons for the same price.

JFC where do you live? The Northern Provinces or something?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
probably alaska or hawaii if us goon.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The box of two gallons at our Costco is $2.xx. My wife makes Greek yogurt with it, is good.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I hate the jug for costco milk so I just pay more at the grocery store. The flat top jug leaks all over.

therobit fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 23, 2018

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

therobit posted:

I hate the jug for costco milk so I just oay more at the grocery store. The flat top jug leaks all over.

Hey fuckerbitch. Take that back

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
they are kind of inconvenient to pour out of and super inconvenient to drink straight from but like I get why they do it and it's good milk. It's cheaper and lasts for loving ever, I can't go back to non costco milk.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hey fuckerbitch. Take that back

Never. Those milk jugs suck donkey dick and they are one of the only things at costco that sucks. Costco either needs to sell a screw on spout that will prevent the spills or use a normal jug again.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Yeah if those jugs crumple in just the right way (which isn't all that hard to achieve) they will leak like crazy.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

But here's the question. You put that poo poo in your cart, and then in your car for a 10 minute drive back to your house. Then, into you fridge. Where are you putting your milk in such jeopardy that it leaks so much? I'm not a packaging engineer but it surprises me that goons are putting their milk through a gauntlet of danger to get it home.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Returned 3 week old bananas that were still green and hard. Return clerk was PISSED that Dole would provide me with such unworthy goods.

She then helped me commit credit card fraud as she gave me cash when they were purchased on my Mastercard.. Double cash back for them naners, sup.

I think it was just easier to give me $1.59 (just enough for a dog, coincidentally) than to look up the transaction, but I choose to believe it was righteous fury.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
If you want to go the extra mile, buy the 2-pack gallon of milk and cook 1 gallon into yogurt and drink the other. I can down 2 gallons as a single person this way (for under $4 wowee zowee)

^ oh beaten by the dude with the wife

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

But here's the question. You put that poo poo in your cart, and then in your car for a 10 minute drive back to your house. Then, into you fridge. Where are you putting your milk in such jeopardy that it leaks so much? I'm not a packaging engineer but it surprises me that goons are putting their milk through a gauntlet of danger to get it home.

No, it's the flat top jug that leaks whenever you pour. It is because of the design on the jug, not its physical strength.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Trip from the car into the house is when the milk is most in peril in my experience. Maybe we'll have to do like the Canadians and put our milks in pitchers.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Coredump posted:

Trip from the car into the house is when the milk is most in peril in my experience. Maybe we'll have to do like the Canadians and put our milks in pitchers.

Do Canadian Costcos sell their milk in bags?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

Mine does, yeah.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Pretty sure my Costco has milk in regular jugs, sold in 2 packs in cardboard. I've never seen the flat top design.

Making greek yogurt with a gallon of nonfat milk is awesome, doesn't take too much effort but does eat up alot of fridge space. Heating/cooling in instant pot takes like an hour, 7 hours in instant pot doing its thing, 8 hours in fridge cooling, few hours straining in fridge. Its way cheaper than buying greek yogurt on its own and with some protein powder mixed in its tasty too.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

RJWaters2 posted:

^ oh beaten by the dude with the wife
stop posting my kinks

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Bucnasti posted:

Eastern Canada, yes. Western, no.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Bloodplay is going to need to come back and explain his idiotic $0.60 a gallon milk post

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
This whole discussion prompted me to call my local grocer and find out that a gallon of milk at the cheapest non-Aldi grocery store is $2.89.

We only buy organic milk, and we buy it by the half gallon at Aldi but it's a bit more expensive, like $2.50 for a half gallon.

I don't know what a non-organic Aldi gallon runs around here, because they won't let you call the individual stores directly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Lol at organic

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I don't want my food made with ~~~chemicals~~~

really wish costco hadn't hopped on the organic train so hard but it's where the most profit is so I can't blame em

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't want my food made with ~~~chemicals~~~

really wish costco hadn't hopped on the organic train so hard but it's where the most profit is so I can't blame em

And again, this thread has the standard anti bs about organic. The chicken breasts at Costco that are organic are great.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Hearty lol at the idea that I get to make the decisions about milk in my house.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Between Aldi and Costco it doesn't cost us more than we can afford to eat organic.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
if you wanna eat organic you can eat my rear end :twisted:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I could pay 50-100% more for food that's over 5x more likely to be recalled as a health hazard because the definition of organic mostly revolves around using outdated fertilizers and pesticides, but I don't.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

therobit posted:

I hate the jug for costco milk so I just pay more at the grocery store. The flat top jug leaks all over.

That's the main reason I don't buy milk at Costco

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

ArbitraryC posted:

I could pay 50-100% more for food that's over 5x more likely to be recalled as a health hazard because the definition of organic mostly revolves around using outdated fertilizers and pesticides, but I don't.

Not the hill I'm going to die on, but I appreciate your concern.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

C. Everett Koop posted:

if you wanna eat organic you can eat my rear end :twisted:

:yeah:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
i imagine most goons pouring milk like they're in the black and white part of an informercial where a retard spills it all over themselves and starts crying like a bitch

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

i imagine most goons pouring milk like they're in the black and white part of an informercial where a retard spills it all over themselves and starts crying like a bitch

exactamente

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I buy the cheapest, shittiest milk I can get my grubby hands on since I mix it with protein powders made of powdered dog turds or temper it before making it yogurt anyways. Don't really drink milk on its own.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Between Aldi and Costco it doesn't cost us more than we can afford to eat organic.

I'm imagining a dril-like scenario where people are going in debt because they keep buying organic. I'd hope a double doctor could afford to do whatever they want.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Hmmmm.... same

I bet organic eaters are much more likely to visit chiropractors as well

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Oh no question they do

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I've been buying Costco milk since I got my membership back in 2009 and I've never once had an issue or come anywhere close to spillage from the jug when I pour it. I have no idea what is wrong with all of you, but clearly Big Non-Costco Milk has gotten to you.

Organic crap is for people who read their horoscope

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I don't go out of my way to eat organic or anything but if it's the only option I'll buy it, it's fine and good usually. :shrug:

The terrible milk jugs are the only thing at our house of worship that I will speak ill of. But I understand why they are that way, to make it easier to stack on pallets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I buy organic milk because it takes longer to go bad since we don’t drink a ton of the stuff.