Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Proteus Jones posted:

It's going to end like the Newhart Show (which is hands down the BEST series ending ever)

Coulson will bolt upright in bed gasping for breath. While checking to make sure his arm is really his arm, his bed companion rolls over. It's May and she asks what's wrong.

"I just had the strangest dream, honey"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdUWXf8jJk

Better, it'd be New Christine.

Edit:

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

God knows I love my time travel shenanigans, but gently caress this one is melting my brain

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
While it is likely irrelevant to AOS, Comic!Flint was able to, apparently. manipulate Pluto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You guys are all completely right that I need to just ignore the speculation and enjoy the show. I should have been clear that the problem isn't the show or the thread, its me being a nerd who has a hard time ignoring the speculation.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's impossible to have a paradox if Aida just programs it that way. Come on, guys.

Oh god it’s Inception :psyduck:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
In non-time travel related news, I thought it was kind of adorable that that one guy thought he was going to duo-kill Daisy Johnson with a tiny knife after straight-up leading with "I'ma kill you".

Like... maybe the future didn't record the part where even without her powers she's some sort of superhacker ninjaspy? Because it's just not a very good idea.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It's impossible to have a paradox if Aida just programs it that way. Come on, guys.

Time travel I'm fine with, but if they're still inside the Framework it'll be the biggest cop-out in TV history. They'll be jumping so many sharks that they would stretch to the moon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I definitely don't think its the Framework. But what do I know?

But I think SHIELD basically leaves its past themes aside when they're done, except to try and work them into the general tapestry so they're not forgotten. It makes no thematic sense for this to have all been about the villain and plot from last season that absolutely no one has brought up even once this season. That's bad writing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

remember how hydra was actually a weird cult worshiping an immortal octopus man

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well that's just poetry.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I love the Russian pseudo-MODOK and hope they bring him back.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Apoplexy posted:

Well, they’re bringing Graviton back, so look for the return of Comrade MODOK some time in 2023.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Apoplexy posted:

I still like Moscow Operative Designed Only for Killing and I'm going to keep using it until I make it a thing :colbert:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey can someone remind me, what was the deal with the ghost people in the first part of season 4? I know it had something to do with the book but I can't remember exactly what it was. I also remember there were a few eps where some of the team were ghosted.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hey can someone remind me, what was the deal with the ghost people in the first part of season 4? I know it had something to do with the book but I can't remember exactly what it was. I also remember there were a few eps where some of the team were ghosted.

Darkhold corrupted Robbie's uncle, and he put together a machine that stuffed all their souls into little boxes so he could gank them for more power. He eventually did and gained earth manipulation magic until Ghost Rider went "lol nah."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GobiasIndustries posted:

The Darkhold gave some people info on how to "create matter", but GhostUncle betrayed them and trapped them in a neighboring dimension. They get out and go after the book, GhostUncle does too, and it winds up with GhostUncle being evil and getting matter transmuting powers while half the team is trapped in the other dimension intil Aida can make a machine to pull them out. Turns out Uncle isn't creating matter, he's syphoning it out of other dimensions and the whole thing's going to collapse catastrophically until they stop him by sending him to Hell.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ah thank you both for the reminder! I definitely remember the whole 'sending uncle to hell' and 'alternate dimensions' stuff I just couldn't remember who those ghosts were.

God, Ghost Rider was loving awesome last season :allears:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Regy Rusty posted:

If you hate it so much just chill and let the show explain. You don't have to get into internet arguments about it.

There's no prize for figuring it out.

A no-prize is the most valuable thing a Marvel fan can possess.

Also it seems that Robin is telling Fitz how to live with himself there.

Chokes McGee posted:

I still like Moscow Operative Designed Only for Killing and I'm going to keep using it until I make it a thing :colbert:

Confidence is so fetch. You can do it!

GobiasIndustries posted:

God, Ghost Rider was loving awesome last season :allears:
:rock:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Don't forget that May died last season too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Did Robbie end up going back to hell or what, I can't remember.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

No Butt Stuff posted:

Did Robbie end up going back to hell or what, I can't remember.

He was last seen taking the Darkhold somewhere safe, and using his whip as a sling ring to get there. Based on the hanging plot thread about Coulson's deal (which they brought up earlier this season), I would guess he'd be back.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Argue posted:

He was last seen taking the Darkhold somewhere safe, and using his whip as a sling ring to get there. Based on the hanging plot thread about Coulson's deal (which they brought up earlier this season), I would guess he'd be back.

I am curious how the Framework works without Darkhold magic.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

I am curious how the Framework works without Darkhold magic.

Kree space magic.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Did Aida need the Darkhold to keep the Framework running or just to design it? The Darkhold was key in Aida developing her own sentience, her designing the Framework, and her finding a way to transfer herself to a human host but it didn't seem like a power source. Just a means for design/creativity. Same with the ghost people. They had to build the stuff to make whatever they were doing happen, the Darkhold just seemed to show them how to do it.

But yeah, its 100 years or whatever in the future and alien tech is in play so it seems like an easy handwave. I mean, they're living on a self sufficient space station so technology is definitely moved forward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deke also made his own mini framework in the future without Aida or the Darkhold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I read it as Deke used the Framework's design to build a much smaller and thus less complicated version of it. He's also got advanced science and tech as well as possibly co-opted alien science and tech (which SHIELD tech was in part anyway). Also him and his dad seems pretty smart given that his dad repaired a time machine based off some torn up, old specs.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I figured it was literally based on old Framework pieces.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Moriatti posted:

I figured it was literally based on old Framework pieces.

Yeah. The only real question is how it survived when it appeared to get destroyed 100 years earlier. But Deke (and his dad) was just scavenging and repairing stuff, not creating and inventing.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. The only real question is how it survived when it appeared to get destroyed 100 years earlier. But Deke (and his dad) was just scavenging and repairing stuff, not creating and inventing.

*In a squidward voice* "FUUUUTURE! FUUUUTURE!"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Not Space Lord said he only found bits and pieces and managed to cobble his Not Quite The Framework together from that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually think its a really cool little detail that Deke and the Kree both use the same basic mask/respirator thing that Star Lord does. Quill doesn't have some specialized equipment, he just buys off the rack. That makes sense.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

I actually think its a really cool little detail that Deke and the Kree both use the same basic mask/respirator thing that Star Lord does. Quill doesn't have some specialized equipment, he just buys off the rack. That makes sense.

His modern costume (from the Anihilation: Conquest comic arc and forward) is pretty much a Kree Guardsman outfit he's made some modifications over time to.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

His modern costume (from the Anihilation: Conquest comic arc and forward) is pretty much a Kree Guardsman outfit he's made some modifications over time to.

I've never read his comics so I was really just referring to the mask he wears in the GOTG movies. But like, I still think it kind of fits that what we see as "Star Lord's mask" is really just a piece of Kree tech he stole/modified/scavenged/whatever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

I've never read his comics so I was really just referring to the mask he wears in the GOTG movies. But like, I still think it kind of fits that what we see as "Star Lord's mask" is really just a piece of Kree tech he stole/modified/scavenged/whatever.

It really does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's probably something he found in the Ravager's stores, that was probably Kree.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Does this season have pods like last season?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

Does this season have pods like last season?

Yeah, we should be rescuing Johnny Gat soon.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, we should be rescuing Johnny Gat soon.

This show isn't cool enough to have Keith David play himself.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

STAC Goat posted:

Did Aida need the Darkhold to keep the Framework running or just to design it? The Darkhold was key in Aida developing her own sentience, her designing the Framework, and her finding a way to transfer herself to a human host but it didn't seem like a power source. Just a means for design/creativity. Same with the ghost people. They had to build the stuff to make whatever they were doing happen, the Darkhold just seemed to show them how to do it.

But yeah, its 100 years or whatever in the future and alien tech is in play so it seems like an easy handwave. I mean, they're living on a self sufficient space station so technology is definitely moved forward.

Aida didn’t develop sentience from the Darkhold, that was a ruse by Radcliffe when he got a glimpse of it while she read it and decided to steal it. She just got more and more erratic because Radcliffe went crazy and kinda treated her like poo poo. The final straw was finding out she was based on his terminally ill lover. It was a good reminder that she was fake, and drove her to wanting to be a real human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Even if she didn't gain true intelligence from the darkhold, she certainly gained most of her knowledge and abilities that went into creating the framework from it.