Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Did I just fall for a joke when I went checking if I could still view the Sunk Cost Galaxy vids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

somehow it'll end up like some john grisham novel, but without any intrigue as I immediately get kicked off the jury for laughing hysterically when they ask me "have you heard of chris roberts?"

Have you ever delivered a set of pizzas to Ben Lesnick, co-defendant?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

CrazyLoon posted:

Okay, we know the netcode is absolute dogshit, the FPS is frequently at 5 and refuses to budge upwards from it and the jank is intolerable, but let's put that aside, shall we? How's the balance? :downs:

Apart from that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play? :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

:cmon:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Hav posted:

encryption/decryption is different from hashing.

Yes. I'm aware.

Hav posted:

Even better, two way symmetric encryption/decryption works _really well_ with hash salts.

The base problem is that this doesn't solve any of the conceivable issues that CIG is trying to deal with because we are talking about a 1 time payload (data files in the game) which the client must decrypt into usable form. No amount of fancy encryption solves the fact that you much tell the client how to get the base files in order to use them in game.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Legal posted:

The non disparagement clause. Its common in investment termination NDAs.

Then you should have no problem quoting the exact passage and provide a valid, blank document.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

TheAgent posted:

I just had a summons for jury duty in march

if I somehow end up on the skadden / fkks jury selection, my life will finally be complete

Heh, so did I.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Thanks for this, I've been mourning my recently deceased kitty and your kitty posts make me a bit more :unsmith: and feeling like I could get a new kitty sometime this year.

Even seasoned adventurecats just nope with water.

:glomp: Sorry to hear you lost your cat friend, she(?) looks like such a trooper! you'll know when the time is right for you to let a new kitty in and have new adventures... and when that happens justpost pics!

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
This is the worst gimmick the thread has seen in a loooong time. :sad:

Legal
Jan 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Then you should have no problem quoting the exact passage and provide a valid, blank document.

Well of course I do.

A. I'm not the boss of my firm
B. Client confidentiality.
C. Its an exhibit in pending litigation.
D. Why would I do that for an enemy of my clients and of this ambitious project? Are you joking?

If you want to see a declawed sample of our nondisparagement clause, check the evocati NDAs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

fargom posted:

Even worse than that guy who pretends he is Derek Smart

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Thoatse posted:

:glomp: Sorry to hear you lost your cat friend, she(?) looks like such a trooper! you'll know when the time is right for you to let a new kitty in and have new adventures... and when that happens justpost pics!

That's not my catte, that's a catte on adventurecats.org. It's a brilliant idea really.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Legal posted:

The author of that media is currently under, and in the process of breaking, an NDA. We issued a Cease and Desist to him to make him realize the errors he was currently making and about to make much worse. However because its not a simple DMCA we will be having a judge look at the contract very shortly to get those videos taken down. In the meantime, We'd ask that anyone here cease viewing and redistributing that media as it is the result of a serious NDA breach and is currently the object of a suit.

Gimmick displeases Ming

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

Sabreseven posted:

That's Greg,

He normally does not wear a cap.

He's quite a chill dude tbh, don't invite him over for tea and cakes though, the fucker eats like a horse.

And tries to screw your Sister.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SomethingJones posted:

Gimmick displeases Ming

:vince::gimmick::bravo::five:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

somehow it'll end up like some john grisham novel, but without any intrigue as I immediately get kicked off the jury for laughing hysterically when they ask me "have you heard of chris roberts?"

"Have you ever heard about star citizen, the video game ?"

"No."

Mumbling : "There is no game."

Zzr fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 23, 2018

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

Beexoffel posted:

Did I just fall for a joke when I went checking if I could still view the Sunk Cost Galaxy vids?

You and me both

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

HycoCam posted:

Wouldn't a C&D also come with a takedown? So far, so.. great to watch again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCb4GEIO086Gia5gTyqoNNAQ?featured

What was it. Says video unavailable.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Legal posted:

The author of that media is currently under, and in the process of breaking, an NDA. We issued a Cease and Desist to him to make him realize the errors he was currently making and about to make much worse. However because its not a simple DMCA we will be having a judge look at the contract very shortly to get those videos taken down. In the meantime, We'd ask that anyone here cease viewing and redistributing that media as it is the result of a serious NDA breach and is currently the object of a suit.
What about this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHptn_3RyYE&t=27s

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lowtax should have a monthly funding contest, pro and against Clemens, with the following month either allowing or banning Clemens, repeating ad nauseum.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Which is weird and funny cause Chris Roberts' 8 hour letter to The Escapist claimed that the writer of the article was a Gamer Gate hack out to destroy him. It's like hey dude check your wingmen you're in the wrong formation here.

She is, though. Big gamergater, wrote articles for A Voice For Men and Breitbart Tech. The Escapist management jumped on the gamergate bandwagon early, she was picked up as part of the new direction. I don't find it unlikely the article was written as a result of the author or the website being exposed to Derek Smart's twitter via gamergate. I believe it's probable the reasons for doing the article included the need to maintain a thin facade of legitimacy regarding "ethics in games" combined with gamergate's habit of signal boosting each other

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Lladre posted:

What was it. Says video unavailable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCb4GEIO086Gia5gTyqoNNAQ

Not featured anymore? Not sure why the link broke.
e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPxnBAdbbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGq4YEp8QUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al8G8nHFQJo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJjQLz06ZGk

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Open Layer posted:

You and me both

:hfive::frogbon:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

SoftNum posted:

The base problem is that this doesn't solve any of the conceivable issues that CIG is trying to deal with because we are talking about a 1 time payload (data files in the game) which the client must decrypt into usable form. No amount of fancy encryption solves the fact that you much tell the client how to get the base files in order to use them in game.

Yes. Yes. Feel the stupid flow over you, and around you. Let it consume everything you know, and as it passes, turn and face it's receding form and understand that everything, literally everything, is wrong with their stated aim of providing a fidelitous simulation of spaceships.

So, yeah, whatevs, but they have much deeper problems than that.

Zzr posted:

"Have you ever head about star citizen, the video game ?"

"How much are you in for?"

"Derek Smart"

"Pass, Friend"

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

bandaid.friend posted:

She is, though.

Except that's not the angle the piece was on, so it's effectively going after the messenger rather than the message.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Hav posted:

Except that's not the angle the piece was on, so it's effectively going after the messenger rather than the message.

Derek Smart Was Right is difficult to dispute

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

No recalls should offer bets on how long it will take the mods to perma him this time.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Or we could just not be rats and let he guy :justpost: with the rest of us.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lladre posted:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Lladre posted:

I like the majority of the posts to be either entertaining, funny, cat pictures or respect tolls to effort posts.

Or well... At least hit that stack once in a while like you do my froggy friend.

Ol' SD manages to to serpentine around any kind of entertainment value in his posts consecutively which is why I take my entertainment from his ownage attempts being up owned by SA itself.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

Liberte! Fraternite! Gallipoli!

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Anyone who wasn't a backer can rehost the videos. They don't have an NDA

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 23, 2018

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Also the NDA was from CIG, but the game was made by RSI, so CIG's NDA policies can't be enforced on products made by RSI, it's a different company!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Reddit Admin are very anti-censorship and ignore most DMCA-takedown requests. Now that Reddit can self-host images and videos, rip the Sunk Cost Fallacy vids from YT and re-upload them as posts to /r/StarCitizen_Refunds.

Good luck with that, gimmick account :smuggo:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 23, 2018

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Legal posted:

Bonus points if the account owner of this is the same as Crytek_legal_team on Twitch streams.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

fargom posted:

It's a horrific gimmick. Completely unrealistic and boring as gently caress to boot.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Bayonnefrog posted:

Sorry new person here so forgive if most know you already but how do you know this?

By applying the rule "there is always more and it is always worse" to recent goings-on in Citizenspace.
Scruffpuff is extremely good in sharp analysis and grabbing down into the mess to get to the dubious core without hesitation.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Hav posted:

Liberte! Fraternite! Gallipoli!

liberté fraternité

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
My new gimmick will be to let everyone know how much of a homosexual I am with every post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

You will find that neither 'Bootcha' nor 'BinkyATX' are signatories to the investor agreement.