Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The internet was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Is the company dumb enough to, in the near future, run a fake allegation/entrapment angle that's far more explicit than the Lana/Rusev/Enzo semi-cuck one?

I think we all know this answer.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

MotU posted:

if i didn't tell my employers i was under criminal investigation uhhhhh id be instantly fired too im p sure thats true of most jobs

So none of them have come forward yet?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

I get what you're saying, however they paid $1000 for Raw. They knew in advance it was going to be a two venue Raw. Raw sucks 90% of the time when it's not just okay but a drag.

It was never going to be worth it. Especially when everything that was worth seeing was obviously going to be done in the bigger venue with the larger crowd.

If you still disagree please paypal me $1000 for the Good Gonzo McFee posts. I've not done one yet but at $1000 I must be advertising something worth it!

So this is sort of wrestling related, because it involves Bubba The Love Sponge. But when Bubba was leaving Sirius he was promoting that you'd get to hear the real, uncut, uncensored Bubba that Sirius wouldn't let him do at his new place, RadioIO. During the first 2 or 3 months of him being on you didn't need a subscription, but after that you'd have to pay to listen. On top of that he was really pushing that people should "Drop the Tre" which among other things was basically a 3 year subscription and a "Golden Ticket". He couldn't tell you what the Golden Ticket was, and you could only buy the Tre up until he stopped doing free shows. Of course a three year subscription was a lot less then 300 dollars, but since you were getting the Golden Ticket, it was worth it.

During the whole time he was doing the free shows, people complained that it was a lot of him promoting his merchandise and padding. He would tell them "Don't worry, this show is 2/10 or 4/10 but once we get the paywall up, you'll get the real deal 20/10 show". When the paywall went up, the show was just as bad, and Bubba half assed it until it had been long enough that people couldn't do chargebacks on their credit cards. He eventually spent the whole radioio show promoting his chicken dip, and then just stopped showing up and had other members of his crew do it.

And the golden ticket? It was 100 bucks of radioio stock, which was basically a pennystock during it's whole existence.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm glad Awesome Kong beat him up for the horrible poo poo he said about Haiti and then Mick Foley stiffed him for getting Kong fired.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

syzpid posted:

So this is sort of wrestling related, because it involves Bubba The Love Sponge. But when Bubba was leaving Sirius he was promoting that you'd get to hear the real, uncut, uncensored Bubba that Sirius wouldn't let him do at his new place, RadioIO. During the first 2 or 3 months of him being on you didn't need a subscription, but after that you'd have to pay to listen. On top of that he was really pushing that people should "Drop the Tre" which among other things was basically a 3 year subscription and a "Golden Ticket". He couldn't tell you what the Golden Ticket was, and you could only buy the Tre up until he stopped doing free shows. Of course a three year subscription was a lot less then 300 dollars, but since you were getting the Golden Ticket, it was worth it.

During the whole time he was doing the free shows, people complained that it was a lot of him promoting his merchandise and padding. He would tell them "Don't worry, this show is 2/10 or 4/10 but once we get the paywall up, you'll get the real deal 20/10 show". When the paywall went up, the show was just as bad, and Bubba half assed it until it had been long enough that people couldn't do chargebacks on their credit cards. He eventually spent the whole radioio show promoting his chicken dip, and then just stopped showing up and had other members of his crew do it.

And the golden ticket? It was 100 bucks of radioio stock, which was basically a pennystock during it's whole existence.

But was it good chicken dip?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

RZApublican posted:

But was it good chicken dip?

every review I saw of it online said it was awful and overpriced. People also complained that it was heavily processed chicken. It was made by Back9 Dips, and they eventually went out of business because they had to do a recall of 110,000 pounds of dip because it had anchiove in it and wasn't marked on the packaging. They were also on Shark Tank before going out of business, but I don't think anyone was interested.

Apparently Back9 found some way to get out of paying Bubba, because the last time he mentioned on the air he was cursing that the chicken dip people had screwed him over.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I don't know what chicken dip is but it sounds vile.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Defiance Industries posted:

It can be alright, it's usually like, shredded chicken, hot sauce, ranch, some bit of cream to it, that sorta deal.

No input on any of the spongeman's dip though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

do you like cheese dip

do you like chicken

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you gave money to Spongedick or whatever his name is, you're the real fool in this story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

if you gave money to Spongedick or whatever his name is, you're the real fool in this story.

I've yet to meet someone who likes his work, and I feel like it'd be better to keep it that way.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, Bubba is among the last of the dying breed of shock jocks that just say outrageous poo poo to get callers.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
You know, I wasn't really a fan of the Women's Royal Rumble at first, but this has pushed me to cheer for it. It has pissed off the MRA/Redpiller community something fierce and its amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

You know, I wasn't really a fan of the Women's Royal Rumble at first, but this has pushed me to cheer for it. It has pissed off the MRA/Redpiller community something fierce and its amazing.

I've read that twice and and goddamn that dude must be a treat when he emerges from whatever hole he sequesters himself to. Imagine that kind of poo poo wiring trying to order a cup of coffee or count change.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince Russo Redpill account discovered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

Now I hope the Women's Rumble goes on last just to irritate this rear end in a top hat even more.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Status update: He's still going. And still mad.

I'm really tempted to just link the source so people can find their own quotes in the place where I found this. Because he's not the only one who is spouting these viewpoints.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Looks like I just found my uncle's reddit account

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How the gently caress does anybody watch the Wonder Woman movie and take away from it that it was a tits and rear end film? :psyduck:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

How the gently caress does anybody watch the Wonder Woman movie and take away from it that it was a tits and rear end film? :psyduck:

That film concluded that the Nazis were around in WW1, that films production crew were all tits and asses.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

The thread in question has some of the stupidest loving takes I've seen regarding women's wrestling.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

The thread in question has some of the stupidest loving takes I've seen regarding women's wrestling.

You can't just say that poo poo in this thread, man, let's see this idiocy!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

You can't just say that poo poo in this thread, man, let's see this idiocy!

Have fun, buddy.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/2298033-why-wwe-investing-so-much-into-wominzzzz-revolushion-crap.html

Thread is NSFW I guess.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That is a hell of a thread. In one post you randomly get "Women are better at modeling than Men" and it stays around that level.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I decided to do another visit into Wrestleforum to see post Rumble reactions. Lets just say its what you would expect.

Here are just a few choice quotes from the thread:

While that's not exactly overly offensive, the same guy very quickly barrels into outright racism:

Source: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/royal-rumble/2300641-im-sorry-am-i-only-one-annoyed-tonight.html

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 29, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Usually they just pretend to be really big fans of Alexa Bliss rather than just say it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Ah yes, Reigns/Lesnar, the most popular Wrestlemania main ever ever.

Come to think about it, has Reigns had a Wrestlemania match since the Big Push where the crowd wasn’t dead, if not worse?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
That third comment has quite the punchline

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TinTower posted:

Ah yes, Reigns/Lesnar, the most popular Wrestlemania main ever ever.

Come to think about it, has Reigns had a Wrestlemania match since the Big Push where the crowd wasn’t dead, if not worse?

Lesnar/Reigns.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Most Roman main events are very heated, and the last two WM mains being dead are more down to the cards being a massive bloated mess than anything else

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I don’t remember the Batista/Triple H mania match being very good

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don’t remember the Batista/Triple H mania match being very good

It was pretty bad, as are most HHH matches at WM, because HHH is not a good pro wrestler.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If "culturally relevant" is your metric for WM mains then they can only have Cena/Lesnar at this point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If "culturally relevant" is your metric for WM mains then they can only have Cena/Lesnar at this point.

Friend, let me tell you about a lady named Rhonda Rousey

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Endless Mike posted:

Friend, let me tell you about a lady named Rhonda Rousey

Gonna be awkward to have her fight John Cena

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonna be awkward to have her fight John Cena

It shouldn't be, Reigns is going over

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I mean, they're right that Shinsuke Nakamura is not culturally relevant, but by that metric John Cena, Brock Lesnar, and Ronda Rousey should win every WWE match forever

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Big Match John should never lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lawrence Taylor and Mike Tyson probably count.