Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
My God, that was something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I actually said to myself, "thank God I'm not a big enough sperg that I actually understood that quote"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I got the Simpsons reference and I guess the rest is about doing a speed run of the original Super Mario game but I don't know if the names mean anything.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
For the uninitiated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

Stick with it, trust me. You're in for a ride.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I got the Simpsons reference and I guess the rest is about doing a speed run of the original Super Mario game but I don't know if the names mean anything.

E: fb. Took too long to figure out how to embed thison phone. :(
Just so this post contains something, lol at calling 64 "the original Super Mario".

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The sad part about that quote is that I've seen the Pannenkoek video and Steamed Hams parodies so many times that I was able to type that with almost no reference to the original material. I did have to look at steamed hams a couple times but I have almost the entire script memorized. So if you're feeling shame because you understood and laughed at that, imagine the shame I feel having typed it.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Is Steamed Hams only funny if you've seen the episode or am I missing something else?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Friend posted:

Is Steamed Hams only funny if you've seen the episode or am I missing something else?
I can't speak to someone who hasn't seen it before because Golden Age Simpsons was a big part of my childhood. With that said it's funny to me because it was already a cute bit of escalating, almost vaudeville absurdity with weirdly quotable lines that has proven unbelievably versatile in its ability to be remixed to the point where these 20 year-old punchlines are completely fresh and the fact that they seem fresh only compounds the hilarity. I don't expect anyone who wasn't a childhood fan to "get that" though because whenever I stop and think about it like this, it's really kind-of sad in a "chimp laugh pretty colors" way.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 18:01 on Jan 23, 2018

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A 2-man stumble leads to a 6-man alley-oop:

Thread Title: Jobs Created, 1/23/18

Big Beef City posted:

Figured this would be a Pick thread about longing to suck dick for a career. Voted 2.

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Pick strikes me as the kind of woman who don't suck dick

Fried Watermelon posted:

im the guy who talks about pick in random threads unprompted

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what's the pay like

Blue Raider posted:

competitive apparently

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Friend posted:

http://cookywook.co.uk/blog/steamed-hams/

In short: it's punchy

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Friend posted:

Well, like most comedy scenes, it's funnier if you watch it than if you don't... But unlike most Simpsons scenes, there is literally no other context to it, the scene stands alone.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It helps to know what Skinner and Chalmers' relationship is like in the show prior to watching it, but even that's not really necessary. Vaudeville is about right -- it's just an absurdist back-and-forth like you might see in Abbott and Costello, and if you don't find it funny your brain is probably busted.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Sagebrush posted:

It helps to know what Skinner and Chalmers' relationship is like in the show prior to watching it, but even that's not really necessary.

Yeah the article that Big Grunty Secret posted points out that the first few lines of the sketch pretty much encapsulates their entire relationship in just a few words:

quote:

CHALMERS
Well, Seymour, I made it - despite your directions.

SKINNER
Ah, Superintendent Chalmers. Welcome. I hope you’re prepared for an unforgettable luncheon.
Skinner is an incompetent suck up who still thinks he's clever and charming, Chalmers is his annoyed superior who only barely puts up with his poo poo.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I mean it's amusing, but the internet sure is obsessed with it lately. I watched Simpsons enough to know the characters and everything, but infrequently enough that I honestly couldn't tell if this was an example of the peak or nadir of The Simpsons.

Anyway here's some content:

CelticPredator posted:

But doctor
She says I am the one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Friend posted:

I mean it's amusing, but the internet sure is obsessed with it lately. I watched Simpsons enough to know the characters and everything, but infrequently enough that I honestly couldn't tell if this was an example of the peak or nadir of The Simpsons.
Peak.

It sounds weird to make an objective assessment of quality, and I admit I have my biases, but when you lay out all the episodes end to end you can see a steady shift in quality around the start of Season 9. It isn't a hard switch, which is why some fans quibble, but I honestly don't think they've done any research because the episode list really does speak for itself. The average dips and by the end of Season 10 is trenched firmly in "crap" territory.

Yes I know it's sad to know/care this much but I spent the time researching so I'm going to use it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Friend posted:

Anyway here's some content:
It's remixed so much because it's easy to remix. It's about the right length, the phrase "steamed hams" is funny, and the characters are strongly expressed and they do a number of wacky things.

It's not my favorite scene in the Simpsons by a long shot, but I like it a lot.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Half the reason why Steamed Hams works so well to riff on is that it's a short story. It's a full skit. No starting out of nowhere without context and no abrupt ends. You can twist and warp it into the most bizarre and abstract humour but at its core it's telling a little tale.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
It's remixed so often because people decided that a repeated setup leading into references to other things you may have heard of is entertainment. It is the new millennium's "how many X does it take to screw in a light bulb" joke and just about as amusing.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
"It's the same exact joke!"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Comptroll The Forums posted:

It's remixed so often because people decided that a repeated setup leading into references to other things you may have heard of is entertainment. It is the new millennium's "how many X does it take to screw in a light bulb" joke and just about as amusing.

Sheesh who ruined your roast?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The worst part about me spending 20 minutes typing up a steamed hams parody at 2am is that I never watched more than like 3 episodes of the Simpsons; I only know anything about it from memes.

kill me

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The first 9 or 10 seasons are basically peak TV and a lot of it is available on Youtube although often cut up into tiny bits.

Watch those seasons and then just stop and pretend it got cancelled and you'll have a much deeper understanding of the memes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Everybody should watch the Simpsons gently caress man i didn't think anyone would need to be told but here we loving are

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Took a screenshot because the post/avatar combo cracked me up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Y'know, I don't think anyone ever put this one up, but it makes me laugh. I'm probably all ash inside though.

Mike-o posted:

I. SITUATION
A. ENEMY FORCES -
ENEMY IS COMPOSED OF ALL WHO WOULD OPPOSE SS-18 SATAN HAIL HIS NAME, THY RADIATION AND HEAT SHALL COME WITH THY PASSING, ALSO ANY ANIME TOUCHERS SHALL BE EXPLICITLY TARGETED (HAIL)

B. FRIENDLY FORCES -
ALL WHO PRAISE HIS NAME (HAIL) SHALL RECEIVE HIS BLESSING OF SEEING HIS GLORY CLEANSE THIS EARTH, FOLLOWED BY A QUICK DEATH. BLESSED IS HIS PROPHET CURTIS LEMAY

C. ATTACHMENTS/DETACHMENTS -
HIS MULTIPLE INDEPENDENTLY TARGETABLE REENTRY VEHICLES OF BURNING RIGHTEOUSNESS SHALL DETACH FROM HIS ROCKET BOOSTER ON A SUBORBITAL TRAJECTORY AND RELEASE THE FURY OF A THOUSANDS SUNS UPON HIS ENEMIES THE HUMAN RACE (HAIL)

D. CIVIL/TERRAIN CONSIDERATIONS -
ALL SINNERS ABOVE GROUND SHALL BE OBLITERATED, ANY SINNERS UNDERGROUND SHALL BE HIT WITH TACTICAL NUKES

II. MISSION
HAIL SS-18 SATAN HIS MISSION IS TO CLEANSE THIS EARTH WITH HIS PASSING, LEAVING THE EARTH FOR SOME OTHER SPECIES TO HAVE A BETTER GO AT IT, HAIL & AMEN

III. EXECUTION
THE RED BUTTON SHALL BE PRESSED AND ALL SHALL COWER IN FEAR AT HIS HEAT, LIGHT, AND RADIATION

IV. ADMINISTRATION/LOGISTICS (SUSTAINMENT)
THERE IS NOTHING TO ADMINISTER WHEN ALL IS ASH

V. COMMAND/SIGNAL (COMMAND AND CONTROL)
A. SIGNAL -
THE ONLY SIGNAL WILL BE A BRIGHT FLASH, BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS. DUCKING AND COVERING WILL NOT HELP YOU.
B. COMMAND
THE ONLY COMMAND WILL BE WHEN THE ORANGE ONE COMMANDS HIS MINIONS TO RELEASE OUR SAVIOR TO PASS OVER THIS EARTH

ALL HAIL SS-18 SATAN MAY HIS PASSING CLEANSE THE WORLD AND ALL HAIL HIS AGENT HERE ON EARTH PRESIDENT PUTIN

BY THE ALLFATHER PUTIN THE MOST GLORIOUS SON SS-18 SATAN AND BY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF DESTRUCTION LET THE EARTH BE BATHED IN ETERNAL LIGHT LET CHAOS RULE LET THE GLORIOUS NEW SUNS ARISE AND LET US WATCH THE END OF ALL THINGS IN 4K IN OPPENHEIMER'S NAME AMEN

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Y'know, I don't think anyone ever put this one up, but it makes me laugh. I'm probably all ash inside though.

It's "Aight don't be tripping yo" for a new generation of Goons.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Ariong posted:

Please click through because this thread has a guy making, hand on bible, three seperate posts about how not mad he is about his new red title.

Dog Jones' odyssey from boring troll to incredibly smart and cool puppetmaster who was rolling with the punches all along deserves to be seen:

Dog Jones posted:

quote:

Convicted Pedophile Bitcoiner Caught Covering Women's March With MAGA Memes

So hows it your business?? Its a free nation and last I checked None of these activities are illegal, besides pedophilia.

Dog Jones posted:

Real tohugh, but I doubt you would be 'lolling' at his crossed eyes and huge man titties, if you were a child who was being raped by him.

Dog Jones posted:

Ummm a red title is a strange way of saying "thanks dog jones for a solid joke". Its more like a way of saying "I loving hate you dog jones. I want you to pay money for making a joke, I hope your posts about only being able to afford to eat a hot dog every evening are true so you starve because of your joke. I hope you werent making another joke when you said the only way u can warm the dogs up is to put them in your boot you walked in all day, that way maybe you will die of beef poisoning."

WEll its your lucky day because its all true, I really do sit here and eat a sweaty foot hot dog and try not to think about it by posting a jokes. Wow nice flame, you are trying to kil me and are bound to succeed. Come on out and take a bow and show your face, get ready for some golden manbabies as everyone rushes to be first to be the poster who wants to say that its good I am going to die.

Dog Jones posted:

Uhhh the reason they did that is cos I now to get my avatar back I have to spend my own 10 dollar bill (or bills? so poor I do not know if they make bills that large. )

I have to hand it to this fucker, he knows exacly the way to troll me -- making me poor and killing me of no dogs to eat. Furthermore, without my avatar, my patreon money is gonna hit 0 so there goes my dog money much less any $$$ for fixing the avatar. This guy doesnt gently caress around when it comes to flaming.

Dog Jones posted:

*looks again at custom title in shame, 100% owned by the goon of my n ightmares* Ugh... Now I know how the kids in the story feel, after being raped by the fat ugly man. lmao

Dog Jones posted:

I would be proud if the joke brought laughter to others. Instead, the joke brought on a torrent of cruelty and hatred, the likes of which is unpreceedneted even for my trolls, and enemies. Consider:

GOLDEN GOON: Hahah, its funny how it surprises you with "besides pedophilia" at the end, consider that pedophilia is a heinous crime. This comedy is helping me overcome my own problems from my childhood abuse. I just appreciate the effort to write such a well crafted joke, so Ill definiteliy contirbute to this user's patreon, maybe quote them with a lol, or a haha, so they know they are hitting my funny bone too.

SHADOW GOON: WHAT A TROLL TO SAY PEDOPHILIA IS ILLEGAL. THATS A 10$ FINE!!! PEDOPHILIA IS LEGAL!! LEEEEEGAL!!!!

O_O NO poo poo SHERKLLUK!

Dog Jones posted:

Wow, Im guessing this is how a sociopath like you takes enjoyment in telling me my post was bad? Your idea of a funny troll is Hannibal Lectre mind games? Its ironic that you should do the opposite and make LESS cruel jokes, in my opinion.

Wow thanks for the advice, which isnt really advice one bit, and is actually just another new layer of ownage you felt was missing. Make the joke funnier ? Are you sure I shouldnt make a joke with an even higher financial penality? You must relaly think Im a dumb rear end mtoherfucker.

Im really sorry if you werent trolling and were making a post of advice, thank you for your help. It is getting ahrd to tell what is real -- thats how hard I am getting owned

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dog Jones posted:

I loving loved to get owned with this one. Imagine how bad you would gently caress me up on the boards If i took ten bucks out of yourt wallet and said you were a drug addict if you said that was BS. You would flame me off the boards and I would be called a genocidal bigot. but when you say it to me in the middle of one of the most humiliating compelte motherfucking blow outs in goon history, goon scientists are already busy craftinjg some flames to build on your theory. What drug am I addicted to? Cum ? Maybe poo poo? It would hurt my feelings to say im such a loving stupid rear end hole I actualy pay money to drink cum, as goons well know, so I wont even be surprised when we get to taht level of trolling me.

Dog Jones posted:

Goons will LOL for years straight at the fact that I never have had 10 dollars at once due to the complexity of managing that number of dollars, making it a medically impossible amount of dollars for me -- probably someone will read that and be inpired to invent a new way to call me a stupid dick head.

But next level trolling is a goon meet to watch me enjoy the shame of wasting a bank professionals time with a pathetic 5 dollar banking action, strangers saying to me in the open about how i look stupid clutching the bills straight out in fornt of me in a tight fist. And then the pretty bank professional lady says it loud enough for everyone to hear that I counted the dollars wrong anyway. Wow no one but dog jones makes mistakes. This was the first time in bank history that someone came in with not even close to 5 dollars.

Dog Jones posted:

Hehe, I can see why you might think this, considering how weird those posts were.

Dog Jones posted:

Haha, it would be tight maybe setting up a LAN for dedicated posting space, you and me chillling with a full TOOL queue. when its time to post, we are dosing up on some military grade halluniacaiton drugs, straight up drinking agent orange or some poo poo other poo poo that is feared. Andd Tool Really Riffs his guitar right at the second we click login,

Dog Jones posted:

Not me -- I take hallucinogens and got to a freaky posting chamber to isolate myslef from friends and sunlight. nothing but me and a custom desktop PC, playstation 4 and TV for the sole reason of playing family guy DVDs in the background (only have one season and Ive been watching it for years).

If i have hallucinogens I am either doing that or I head down to the grocery store for some real life posting... yeah.

Dog Jones posted:

Haha, I had that exact thought in those exact same words when I was trying to think up some retarded crazy poo poo to post before.

Dog Jones posted:

Thanks man, this post was big for me today, in light of the recent trials. I hope you are feeling the positive energy and channelling to you in turn.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Guy Mann posted:

Dog Jones' odyssey from boring troll to incredibly smart and cool puppetmaster who was rolling with the punches all along deserves to be seen:

Those posts read like someone doing an impression of Roast Beef through a rag soaked in ether.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

I ask myself what kind of person would pay a river for a knife.

I had never been glared at for laughing at my phone in public before, but Ghostlight, you did it, my man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Well obviously you have to drop your knife in the river, then be honest with the river spirit about which knife is yours, to receive a gold and silver knife in return.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well obviously you have to drop your knife in the river, then be honest with the river spirit about which knife is yours, to receive a gold and silver knife in return.

Dammit, Duck, that only works if you don't know about it! You've doomed us all to being stuck with our original knives!

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

OH, this says "return" and not "rectum"

Carry on then

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Keming can be deceiving sometimes.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Keming can be deceiving sometimes.

I am only quoting this because it was a good joke, and I want to get a pica the action.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

remusclaw posted:

I love you, you love me, now approaching hour three.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

For the uninitiated:

Stick with it, trust me. You're in for a ride.

I hate myself for finding this fascinating. I mean, the whole "half press" semantics are dumb, but seeing people break games I'm familiar with is always interesting to me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Choco1980 posted:

I hate myself for finding this fascinating. I mean, the whole "half press" semantics are dumb, but seeing people break games I'm familiar with is always interesting to me.

It's basically amortizing button presses. Pretty cool, I think.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

I had never been glared at for laughing at my phone in public before, but Ghostlight, you did it, my man.

If you dredge it, you own it, that's Dredger's Law.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

I feel you, I'm in the same boat. Especially when breaking the game involves god drat parallel universes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Kilmers Elbow posted:

when your heterosexuality is being diagnosed (by real doctors no less) as a form class violence and you stubbornly refuse to accept your 'whiteness' is an admission of guilt it's a mystery why these teenage men fall straight into welcoming arms of the alt-right.

it's a loving mystery

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Somebody I'll never meet in real life called me transphobic on twitter, and now I'm thinking: was it really 6 million?