Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

The Fifth Holy Grail War has been announced, just ten short years after the Fourth. Fuyuuki city still reels from the events of the Fourth War, with entire families having been torn apart and the streets rent with blood.

It is said that the Holy Grail can grant a wish to whosoever obtains it but with such power who can be trusted? Even the purest heart can be corrupted by greed. Even the purest desire can be changed beyond recognition. And who can say what horror will be unleashed by those whose souls have been tainted by greed, anger or sadness.

To gain the Grail one must conquer oneself. One must understand oneself as an ideal, struggle with that ideal and finally contest that ideal with the harsh face of reality. Only those with true inner strength can claim the Grail, yet is the Grail a reward one with such ideals would desire?

Will your hopes be crushed by reality? Will your dreams be corrupted by the Grail?

Or will you work together, forge your own path and be free from this terrible cycle?

Hello everyone and welcome to Fate/stay Night Mafia.

This is a role madness game of Mafia for 14 people. Forewarning now, the setup isn’t going to be completely non-standard, but it will be different to what you’d normally expect, so don’t take weird roles as sign of anything other than my slightly damaged mind.

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things. I’ll aim for midnight EST deadlines.
We’ll be using a combination of googledocs and Discord to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to those for the game.

Other general mafia rules (that have broadly been stolen from Somberero):

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer as nothing will resolve until I wake up. Nights aren't open though.
6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want, however, I intentionally have not made clear, when exactly in Fate Stay Night this takes place or what of the three main routes it takes place under, so it’s not a silver bullet.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.

Players
  1. 50 pounds of bread
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. b-minus1
  4. Bifauxnen
  5. GulagDolls
  6. Juchero
  7. KhediveRex
  8. Monathin
  9. Murmur Twin
  10. Prince of Space
  11. Quidthulhu
  12. SalTheBard
  13. Tired Moritz
  14. Tobbs Gnawed

Subbed Players

1. Chic Trombone

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Feb 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Where's DBZ Mafia 2 :argh:

(in)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
K I can do 2 at once.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Im gonna be Archer and go back in time to kill myself before I signed up as Shine V leader

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I despise this series for ruining a fantastic concept, but also it's mafia and I'm stupid so sure I'll join 2 games at once

in but I'll happily replace if we get the "am I too late :ohdear: crowd"

by this I mean "put me as a replacement but I'll play if you need another player" btw

Jen X fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 24, 2018

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll play.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh, Anime.

But ok

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yes, anime, ok

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

King Arthur isn't a girl!

Im in.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Sign me up~

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
"Role Madness".

"Weird Roles."

"Slightly Damaged Mind."

Who could possibly say no to that? I'm down. I'm a relative novice in the world of Mafia but, if you don't mind a little bit of fumbling and a lot of questions, sign me up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

KhediveRex posted:

"Role Madness".

"Weird Roles."

"Slightly Damaged Mind."

Who could possibly say no to that? I'm down. I'm a relative novice in the world of Mafia but, if you don't mind a little bit of fumbling and a lot of questions, sign me up.

Yaaay hi KRex! :j::hf::v:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Put me in if you need a replacement, Jafar

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Yaaay hi KRex! :j::hf::v:

Murmur! Long time no see. Looks like we've got another Mafia in store, quite looking forward.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i will join this role madness game because i want to play with mmt again

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Monathin posted:

(in)

I'm running that after FF Mafia!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
4 more!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm in!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

(in)

That was the most fun I've ever had in mafia.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'll play if there is room~

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
If we have genex (will play unless someone wants in more) Sal and quid then we just need 1 more.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
gently caress it. I'm in.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Good player list!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Good player list!

Why is it 14 players though, even numbers are so annoying

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

Good player list!

I'll second that! I actually recognize about half of you from the Deathnote Mafia. I guess I've been floating around these games long enough.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i'm kira

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

If Kira ends up in this game somehow, I'll be sure to keep your confession in mind.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

bif i like your new av

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

man I could go for some extra-spicey mapo tofu

Quidthulhu posted:

bif i like your new av

Thank you, so do I! :3:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i was proud to serve you from afar in shine v but alas i wasn't very good at it :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

i was proud to serve you from afar in shine v but alas i wasn't very good at it :v:

did you guys like your pigeonsonas haha

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i don't know what that means lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

refer to my above statement regarding my skill level :v:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
why am i doing this again

oh right because it's fun

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

i don't know what that means lol

D3 scum message posted:

PS - these messages are delivered by Steam-Powered Pigeon Bots. They are working so hard!

PPS - Speaking of pigeons, if Quid was Okosan, YPM you can be the brilliant and cunning Shuu. OMG, you can be Kazuaki - innocent-looking sleepy-eyed teacher on the surface, but with a hidden secret identity and lust for vengeance! Max Peck can be quiet and thoughtful Nageki, taken from us too soon. Moat of course, is Yuuya the suave and sexy secret agent. ...guess that leaves me to be Anghel the chuunibyou. :V

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

oh like from hatoful boyfriend. should i be worried about witch pidgeon i am

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo