Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

yourteamcheats.com was made by a massive Patriots homer who was insanely salty about the Patriots being punished for DEFLATEGATE

Doesn't make it inaccurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

if you can read this faq and come away thinking literally anything on this website is useful then you're dumber than dog poo poo

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

The Bloop posted:

That it was made by a pats fan trying to show that they aren't the only team that cheats doesn't make it inaccurate, counting everything that vaguely looks like it might kind of be cheating even if it's a completely unsubstantiated accusation as a "confirmed case of cheating" and assigning them a completely arbitrary number of "cheatpoints" makes it inaccurate.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Bloop posted:

get a load of this guy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Tom?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

I thought you were cool, man.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
The reason there's so much hate for the New England Patriots is that they keep ruining the hopes and dreams of the other teams in the league. Whether it's the Falcons or the Seahawks or the Bills or whoever, teams get on these hot streaks and fans start saying "this is going to be the year we go all the way!". Then they play the Pats and get wrecked. This leads to a lot of ad-hominem attacks and childlike name calling, along with accusations of cheating. But guess what? Your team cheats too. They all cheat. Chill out.

http://yourteamcheats.com/

Oh man, I was late to this party. Have an image.

Brewmaster has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Jan 23, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think the only team in the playoffs that could have beat the Pats was the Jags. Now that they're out it's basically a forgone conclusion that the Pats are going to win. It's not going to be a blowout or anything, but the Jags D and offense are way better than the Eagles.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So, in conclusion:

gently caress.

The Patriots.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

if you can read this faq and come away thinking literally anything on this website is useful then you're dumber than dog poo poo

I hadn't given the site more than a cursory look over a year ago, actually. I didn't read the FAQ or anything. If it's trash then mea culpa and I deserve a bunch of lolquotes. Frankly, I don't care that much. I like watching good plays way more than I care about who is making them.

edit:
And the source being a Pats fan doesn't make it inaccurate. It still might be bullshit obviously, but not for that reason. That's all I said and all I meant.

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 15:40 on Jan 23, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Randaconda posted:

I thought you were cool, man.

Christ I don't know what gave you that impression but I'm not dogging the Jags or anything man. We can still be goonfriends

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

mind the walrus posted:

As a third party American who grew up near New York, as far as I can tell they're the Football blue bloods-- the snotty, prep school team of whitebread All-American jackoffs that always win despite having the culture of dried toast.

The fiction we create in order to dramatize sports

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LargeHadron posted:

The fiction we create in order to dramatize sports

The NFL Is Scripted, Friend

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

The Bananana posted:

So, in conclusion:

gently caress.

The Patriots.

Also their fans. This site is old and defunct but the article sums it up perfectly:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071102233818/http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/10/ksk-guide-to-being-insufferable-hole-s.html

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also one of their most ardent fans in the football subforum is an avowed Nazi so that doesn't endear anyone to them

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

also one of their most ardent fans in the football subforum is an avowed Nazi so that doesn't endear anyone to them

Everybody is pretty sure that's Tahm under an internet alias, as well.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I like the Giants and they’re the ultimate antidote to the Patriots.

You know, only sometimes, but man did it own those 2 times.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

Just lol at getting this worked up about football.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rolo posted:

I like the Giants and they’re the ultimate antidote to the Patriots.

You know, only sometimes, but man did it own those 2 times.

The Onion skewered them beautifully the 1st time they lost to the Giants.

Patriots' Season Perfect For Rest Of Nation

quote:

"The worst part for me is that none of them seem to enjoy playing football," said Lexington, KY-area mechanic Jack Colgrave. "Even when they were winning, all they did was taunt—Randy Moss taunting crowds, Wes Welker telling people they sucked, Brady sneering at the very idea they might get beat someday. What a bunch of absolutely perfect assholes."

"Did their team plane land safely back in Foxborough?" Colgrave asked. "It didn't happen to lose altitude over Boston, burst into a cartwheel of flames, throwing players like Roman candles across New England, and then slam into few dozen loudmouth Patriots' fans houses? It didn't? Well, I guess no football season is perfect."

https://sports.theonion.com/patriots-season-perfect-for-rest-of-nation-1819569610

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Solice Kirsk posted:

The problem with the Patriots is that every call goes their way, their quarterback is some sort of handsome football demigod, their coach can turn any rag tag group of players into champions, and their fans all talk like idiots.

Funny how confirmation bias works. If I didn't have a life I'd edit together a compilation of all of the non-calls and bogus flags that went the other way; no one remembers guys climbing Gronk like a tree (to be fair, the only way to stop him) and the refs twiddling their thumbs. The refs have just been awful in general this year and have hosed every single team over multiple times.....but also helped every team by loving their opponent. Pats fans only remember the calls that hosed the team over, non-Pats-fans only remember the ones that hurt the other team, plus some legit calls on both sides that they refuse to see reason about simply because they don't like the result, and everyone hates everyone else. It's easier to say there's a conspiracy in the whole NFL to prop up the Patriots than to be rational.

I just love how worked up people get over it, poo poo that is not socially acceptable at all but football gives them a pass....guys trying to start poo poo with me in a Publix because I'm wearing a Patriots hoodie the one day of the year it's cold in FL. gently caress me for growing up 20 miles from Foxboro I guess?:shrug:

Football fans in general just suck, and I appear to be in the minority that can just watch my own team each season and not yell at people in supermarkets because they like a team that beat the team I like :smith:

Actual content in this thread that's supposed to be full of funny pictures:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

their coach can turn any rag tag group of players into champions,

Man everyone seems to forget that Belichick was the head coach for the Browns before they got shipped off to Baltimore. And they sucked then too.

Disclaimer: I really don't care about football, so I don't know if that means anything; I just used to laugh about the home team here being one of the worst in all of sport but now it's not even worth it

root beer has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jan 23, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I just love how worked up people get over it, poo poo that is not socially acceptable at all but football gives them a pass....guys trying to start poo poo with me in a Publix because I'm wearing a Patriots hoodie the one day of the year it's cold in FL. gently caress me for growing up 20 miles from Foxboro I guess?:shrug:

Seriously, gently caress "gently caress their fans" because that includes little kids and passive sports fans who happen to live in a geographical area like my dear nana.

Root for your home teams! Where you are from and where you live! I have lived in FL for over a decade and root for the Jags but I'm going to root for my childhood home team forever too and gently caress whoever wants to be a judgemental tool about it.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

The Bloop posted:

Seriously, gently caress "gently caress their fans" because that includes little kids and passive sports fans who happen to live in a geographical area like my dear nana.

Root for your home teams! Where you are from and where you live! I have lived in FL for over a decade and root for the Jags but I'm going to root for my childhood home team forever too and gently caress whoever wants to be a judgemental tool about it.

This is where the whole sports derail should end. Support who you want, don't be a dick about it, post funny pictures. Or, if you want to be a raging rear end in a top hat, go to the part of the forum dedicated to just that, and leave the rest of us alone.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I like the Pats because Tom Brady is Gisele Bundchen's husband and that's the closest we will get to a brazilian winning the Super Bowl :shobon:

Funnies:

https://twitter.com/lusxt/status/951245925401481216

https://twitter.com/Playing_Dad/status/944750955593072640

https://twitter.com/Ygrene/status/838477646413639680

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/907445802368360448

https://www.artstation.com/tomislav

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

This didn't happen actually but it really should have. In truth they worked very well and on the designated mock village were judged to be even more effective than conventional incendiary bombing.

Shut the gently caress off the program was narrated by the guy who played that guy who peed his pants in Fringe so it has to be true.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Shut the gently caress off the program was narrated by the guy who played that guy who peed his pants in Fringe so it has to be true.

Listen pal, we're arguing about how much we hate the patriots now

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ignore this, looking for a post of mine.

e: I don't have no post in here.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Son of Rodney posted:

I hope you find whatever post it is you're looking for. Good luck.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Son of Rodney posted:

Just hit any of the question marks next to any post and change the resulting url to have your user ID at the end (92905)

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
In all of this Superbowl furor, please remember the Dallas homers who are faced with the choice of rooting for the Pats or the Eagles.

Go P-*vomits into mouth a little*

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I appreciate this, and you.

I was pretty proud of it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Clitch posted:

In all of this Superbowl furor, please remember the Dallas homers who are faced with the choice of rooting for the Pats or the Eagles.

Go P-*vomits into mouth a little*

Most Cowboys fans I know are rooting for the Cowboys to win, despite them not playing. It's a really deep delusion. You mention that they're not in the game and they start going on about rings.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't watch football unless I'm working on a Sunday. The only Patriots game I saw this year Rob Gronkowski did a flying elbow drop on a guy that was lying face down on the ground after the play had ended. The opposing team was penalized 15 yards for complaining about it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

rodbeard posted:

I don't watch football unless I'm working on a Sunday. The only Patriots game I saw this year Rob Gronkowski did a flying elbow drop on a guy that was lying face down on the ground after the play had ended. The opposing team was penalized 15 yards for complaining about it.
I don't watch football in general, but this post is making me want to.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elysiume posted:

here's a handy chart that should stop that in its tracks

If you're watching 4 hours of NFL, you're getting just under 20 minutes of actual football, and most of that will be boring. Watch a highlight package afterwards.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Memento posted:

here's a handy chart that should stop that in its tracks

If you're watching 4 hours of NFL, you're getting just under 20 minutes of actual football, and most of that will be boring. Watch a highlight package afterwards.

Statistics like this come up a lot, but "players standing around between plays" is significant. Seeing the way they line up, the pre-snap motion, that's just as much a part of the game as the actual "gameplay."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Elysiume posted:

The only football game you ever need to know about is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4